Halfords Autocentres Reviews

Motoring
Tyres
MOT & Servicing

Tell us how Halfords Autocentres made you happy

"Went to Southport Store on Monday 22/5/2019 to have an indicator bulb replaced. Halfords say that they can fit the part for you. What they don't say is that it is fitted with total incompetence. The work that was completed by your staff member was negligible and left my car dangerous. I will not name him on a public platform but will share with the complaints team. I had to go to a proper garage to fix the issue as by fitting the wrong part you have damaged the unit beyond repair. I am currently pursuing Halfords for costs and I have been sent the forms today to make a claim. I urge anybody not to deal with this company as you are putting your faith in employees that simply cannot do the work they are stipulated they can do "while you wait" It has ended up costing me £198 to fix!!! If my claim is not reviewed and dealt with quickly I will start legal proceedings against you"
Are you Halfords Autocentres? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Two years ago i had a window motor repaced on my car at Halfords Bath. On March 2019 I returned to Halfords as the window motor had failed. i was told that its a common fault This i found hard to beleive as i have owned the Car for ten years. I droped the car of at 8am 4pm Halfords rang me to say the car was fixed and to pick it up.On getting into the Car the window did not work the technician then ran the battery down trying the window. I was told to come back the next day so they could fix the issue Turns out the so called technician had wired it the wrong way around. Today 2 months later the window has failed its compleatly ruined my week end as i can not go anywhere as the car with a stuck open window is not sercure.So its another trip to Halfords which i can not really aford to do as i am having Chemotherapy I will never use them again"
"Book an MOT online for 10:00 and got confirmation of booking to drop car in before 10:00. Went to collect my car at 11:20 following drop off only to be told my booking was not till 10:50 and car was not ready. This was complete rubbish and had to show my booking confirmation was 10:00. Still got told I had at 10:50 appointment. Never got car till 11:50 now late for a hospital visit. Halfords Paisley service centre with no customer service. Kwik fit next time or anyone other than Halfords"
"Called and spoke to Ryan at the Blackburn branch to get my car booked in today and he completely refused to book in as he is fully booked until 13th June. I find it very difficult to believe that these guys are fully booked until then."
"Burton-on-Trent Took my car to Burton-on-Trent for a free brake check. They quoted me £408 for front brakes and disc's but told me that there was more 'meat' on my front brakes than back brakes [although my back brakes didn't need doing?] this set alarm bells off so I said I'd take it for a 2nd quote elsewhere. When I got in my car I found my dash cam had been disconnected and the dash board display showed the last item to be accessed was my on board computer, odometer settings - which they had cleared - figures that I needed for my work expense claims. Needless to say I wasn't happy! Turned out that my disc's didn't need replacing, just my pads which cost me £50 for parts. They just try and rob you, tell you that you need work doing that you don't."
"Just had an Mot for £10 that was a great value offer and the new Sidcup branch were quick and efficient. Saved me at least 30 minutes on the usual place plus £17 in my pocket.. Pretty happy with that."
"Took my car for a service to wigan halfords, car was booked in for 11 am, dropped it off at 10.40 am. Was told about 2 hrs to complete service (management booked it in at 11 am cos apparently they didn't have a lot on that morning )phoed after 2 hrs to be told they would ring me when it's done. After 4hours I walked to halfords and asked if my service was finished, it turns out it hadn't even moved from where I'd left it.i asked the manager if he was winding me up, he replied just cos we booked it in for 11 doesn't mean we're going to to it then. Luckily I hadn't paid any money in advance and got my keys back , as I was leaving he was still saying we can do it tomorrow we can do it tomorrow, I should have been angry but to be honest it was so pathetic I found myself laughing at their ridiculous customer service"
"I have only given this one star as I have to, to register it. Halfords in Folkestone is the worst ever. DO NOT USE THEM. We paid in advance on line and booked an MOT and service two months ago. Two days before the service they said we cannot do it. NO STAFF. Bookings should not be available on line if they cannot complete them. They said they could do the MOT so the car was dropped off 11 am this morning. We went to the hospital and were out of touch. They knew it was a diesel and never said to us when we left it that they needed to check when the cam belt was changed. so did not do the MOT either. We have had our car done there for the last 8 years but never again. Also they cannot refund the money so we have to wait as the booking was on line. What a load of ______. The manager was far from helpful or apolgetic. BEWARE"
"Booked car into kirkintilloch glasgow branch for wheel alignment. Got a call an hour later telling me the front passenger side wheel bearing was on its way out and they wouldn't be able to do the job Guy on reception was very friendly and explained that the booking was cancelled and to phone customer service for a refund which I did. He then told me they could fix it for just over £400 which I thought was very high so took the car home and will take it to a local independent garage. Felt I was treated fairly and the staff were very helpful and informative."
"Halfords Gets most of the items from Euro car parts. Not a problem. Euro car parts is a Awesome place for sourcing everything you need for your motor. I paid £252 ok I thought I get the midrange brakes and disks would have been fair,, however I got the cheapest. So I paid £200 for the labour missing most of my loose change in my cup holder and feeling pretty ripped off. And AA brake down paid for my Calliper labour and fluid. They made a hefty profit. I suggest shopping around you would get a much better deal than this."
"Had my mot booked in with Tolworth Autocentre for Saturday last and they rang a couple of hours before and said that their mot machine had broken! I was over that way especially for it that day but rebooked it in for the following Wednesday. I arrived an hour early as I had to come straight from work. Free tea and coffee, magazines, lovely warm reception area, friendly receptionist, great big glass viewing area so you can see your car being worked on if you wish. They managed to do mine an hour earlier which was great, very impressed and thorough, will definitely go back 👍🏼"
"Halfords wakefield poor service.. Total disgrace"
"Took my car to Staines Branch for Service and Mot. The guy carrying out to MOT was aggressive hostile rude..Very unhelpful...Poor Customer service skills... I will never use Halfords service centre again. And certainly not recommend them to anyone."
"Torquay branch awful, booked in for mot retest told bring it in for 8.30 then told they can't do it today,it's too late and it should of been in at 8, why didn't they say that in the first place?... unhelpful ,zero customer service. don't waste your time or money."
"Took my car to Halfords Weybridge for M.O.T. My car has had a regular service history and was sure it would pass. They failed it on multiple things including the fog bulb which they were gonna charge me £100, they then said the filter needs to be changed which would cost me another £1000. I told them to just fail it and I would go elsewhere. The staff are very rude and I’ve never felt so intimidated in my life. It was so upsetting. I took my car elsewhere and it passed the M.O.T with no issues. I will NEVER go back Halfords. How can they treat people like that, a total disgrace!"
"After spending 300 pound for a new bike for my son that halfords assembled. My son jumped on and within five minutes the back wheel came off resulting in him going g to AE. After further inspection we realized the front forks were the wrong way round."
"Took my car to Halfords Stafford for M.O.T. My car has had a regular service history and was sure it would pass. They failed it on multiple things including the fog light system which they were gonna charge me £400, they then said the breaks needed fixing which would cost me another £700. I told them to just fail it and I would go elsewhere. When I turned up to collect my car 4 of the staff stood at the counter sniggering and I’ve never felt so intimidated in my life. It was so upsetting. I took my car elsewhere and it passed the M.O.T with just a couple of minor issues that were resolved but nothing about the faults that Halfords said they noticed. I will NEVER go back Halfords. How can they treat people like that, a total disgrace!"
"Shockingly bad. Defective parts. No communication when complaint raised."
"Booked an MOT online, they then called to cancel it, said they'd refund my payment but never did. So I rebooked with them for another day, they said they'd use the payment they'd never sent back for this appointment. I had my car checked by a master technician before taking it to Halfords, he told me the only thing wrong was the back brakes. Halfords failed the MOT, citing the brakes (as expected), apparently my oil was also pale, overfilled and full of water, plus leaking heavily. They couldn't test the emissions due to the brake problems, as far as I know, if you can't complete the MOT in full, you can't fail the car, all you can say is it can't be MOT'd at all, but I digress... Was told it would cost £3-500 to fix the back brakes, that they'd need to take the back end of the car apart to find the fault and with it being an old car they probably wouldn't be able to put it back together. They said the cost of the repairs would be more than my car is worth, hinting that I should scrap it. My husband is a mechanic, he called them and suddenly they're saying oh yeah it's an easy fix really, just back brakes and drums etc etc. Whereas to me it seemed a lost cause. I decided to have it towed home and have my husband do the work, once I said this, the woman on the phone became short with me, ringing me up asking for payment, which had already been agreed, and giving me one word answers. When the car came home, the battery was dead, odd for a car that's never once failed to start. The 'pale, watery oil' is black as ink and between min and max on the dipstick, the excessive oil leak is a small drip, nothing like the pooling river it was made out to be. And the parts to repair everything amount to £100. Big price difference there if you do it yourself! The tow guy said they probably saw my car, 19 years old with very low mileage and a solid engine, thought they'd exaggerate the faults so I'd think its too much hassle, then they could have taken it as scrap, MOT'd it and sold it for a profit. I don't know how true this is, but it's definitely suspicious. I'll take it somewhere else for the retest."
"Most unhelpful staff upstairs in cycling with exception of the cashier. Would never return, did want to buy a new bike but will spend my money elsewhere"
Halfords Autocentres is rated 1.61 based on 297 reviews