Halfords Reviews

54% of reviewers recommend Halfords
11PM
11PM

About Halfords: The Halfords.com website having 10,000 easily easy to get to products, ranging from Sat Nav, In Car Technology, Bikes, Baby Child, Outdoor Leisure, Car Maintenance and Car Styling, the site also offers helpful advice and hints to help you to choose the right product for you. Our sole aftercare service is also available on chosen products bought online or kept for collection in store, including fitting services for car audio and child seats, free set up and demo for Sat Nav, bike checks and more.

customer.services@halfords.co.uk

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how Halfords made you happy

Live Chat, Telephone, Email
"I wanted brake bulb changed after a very long wait. The young man could not get light cluster of approx 1 hr wasted I took it to a garage next morning they changed bulb in about 5 mins no charge! Your staff need more training. Or help from a experienced fitter!"
Are you Halfords? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Halfords receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"They had in stock what I wanted but the shop seemed to be understaffed and finding a member of staff to answer a query was a bit frustrating."
"Useless not happy with the service"
"Great service but some of those prices are shocking"
"Items came really quickly, easy to order."
"quick and helpful service"
"Just bought 2 bikes from Halfords. Advice in store was excellent. I ordered online and had to go to different stores to get the bikes which was a bit annoying but the service in both stores was brilliant. Friendly, knowledgeable and honeststaff. Got further discounts off accessories which I hadn't expected. Couldn't recommend highly enough."
"Had a quote to fit new rear brake calipers, discs and pads as the old ones were seized and rusted. They quoted me £650 for budget saving calipers I found exactly same ones online for £130 £240 for brake discs and pads, I found the lot online for for under £80. And quoted me £130 for 90 mins work which was fine but considering that I'd be paying an extra £700 extra for parts then needed the real price for labour was well over £850 for 90mins. I asked them if I get the parts can they fit them for the £130 labour charge. Of course they said they can't as they have to get the parts there self I fitted it all myself in the end took me 90mins it was my first time doing it and now it's past mot. I did take it to a mechanic to do a brake flush and get some left over air out lines but this only cost around £40 Do not use these people my advice is to order the parts online and take it to a private mechanic to fit them."
"Called me back 24 hours later than agreed thus went elsewhere, accidentally saving over £1,000 (50%) on the same manufacturers parts and labour - revealed to me how expensive Halfords actually is. Desperately tried to sell me brake pads for life - I was stuck because I needed new disks and they knew I'd be forced to buy pads (having been informed it was my only option to have brakes for life). Long term customer turned sour. Previously though Halfords was honest, now feel they are out to make a killing from a one-time sale at the expense of an enduring business relationship. I won't be using them again except in an emergency."
"Brilliant customer service from all the staff even when they are busy they make you feel your their next customer."
"Just recently had my mot at Halfords woolwich This was my first time and I am so happy with the service I will now only take my car to this mot centre I always spoke with the same man who’s name is Collin His honest and down to earth . Good bye quick fit Hello Halfords Thank you From the lady with the Zafira Will definitely recommend you"
"My mum in her 70's paid for window wipers to be fitted, within a month one of the wipers flew off as she was driving along, they expected her then to drive from her home in the rain, without a window wiper to prove she had no winder wiper. I ended up paying again at another place Wilco to get another wiper so i could drive over and put it on. Disgusting will never go there again."
"Great customer service very helpful"
"The product I needed in an emergency was in stock and due to the store's late opening I was able to get it."
"Good quick service."
"I found Halfords staff very pleasant and helpful."
"Ordered a radio to be installed at Sutton in Ashfield branch which needed some extra wireing to be ordered. I telephoned the following week and made an appointment for installation having been told we have all the wiring. When I turned up for the installation I was told they had not got everything they needed and they would have to reorder. I walked out. A completely lazy member of staff could not be bothered to check properly. Halfords lost nearly £300 ?"
"Review of Halfords ordering. On the 30/10/18 A Carrera Vulcan E-bike was ordered online for delivery to myself in Romford this was ordered via finance…..and was despatched to Newbury where I do not live. The finance was then cancelled by Halfords (email evidence available) and then reordered by card….. This bike was despatched to Newbury again where I do not live for the second time of asking, despite promises that it would be sent to Romford…..Customer services were contacted on each occasion and more promises made which resulted in no difference…. After about the fourth time of attempted delivery to Newbury Halfords admitted that they had not cancelled the finance agreement and that the only way round it was to cancel the bike and for me to go and buy one in store….I did receive a discount for this but it had now taken 2 weeks for a next day delivery and still no sign of the bike floating out there in the mystical world….I collected the one I bought in store and took it home, not wanting to risk yet another bike coming to me via Scotland and anywhere else bar where I actually live….Romford. It was at this point I was offered a £50 gift card in recognition of all the hassle I had been through…… However this other bike was still out there and once again was attempted to be delivered to Newbury….by this time I’ve given up on anything and since I’d already gone, and bought one bought it home and built it up…I was almost beyond caring other than the fact that Halfords had been paid for the bike by finance and had still not cancelled it….so basically they were holding us responsible for what they had totally failed to deliver…. Customer first…I don’t think so…. The bike then went back to the parcel force hub and a couple of days later went to London North sorting office….which is the wrong sorting office for Romford….then back to the hub for another few days then to London East….this after Halfords said they were recalling the bike…they then attempted delivery to me in Romford…as I wasn’t expecting it anymore I wasn’t in….not that I wanted it anyway…I contacted Halfords who said that they would be in touch with their courier service for it to be returned….Of course I expected this to be done now fed up because the finance company wanted payment for a bike I’d never even seen….a few days went past and Halfords confirmed that they had received the bike back and that the finance was finally cancelled….which it finally actually was….. I breathed a sigh of relief…. I went out to do a bit of shopping and when I got back a box, well a destroyed box was waiting for me…it was the Halfords bike that they’d had back…you just couldn’t make it up I picked up the remains of the box and the bike fell out the bottom…well what there was of it…. No charger, no battery, No control panel and only one pedal….now if I’d waited patiently for it to turn up that would have been my reward….Way to go Halfords… As there wasn’t enough of a box to tape up and Id be damned if I was going to struggle with it back to Halfords I wheeled what was left of it back to my local store and told them to send it back to whoever…… I contacted Halfords customer services on my return home….with no sign of the £50 voucher and now them saying they had no evidence that I’d ever been offered one….I know I’m not going to see it, I cannot take their word for anything and I honestly suggest you don’t either………If you want anything from Halfords…I suggest you go to the shop, buy it and bring it away with you…it’s the only way to be sure of anything in my experience…."
"Bought a bulb for my car. Very helpful and provided great advice"
"wasn't sure which car bulbs o needed so asked a nice member of staff who advised me on the best ones quite impressed as they are a lot brighter than my old ones"
Halfords is rated 3.17 based on 588 reviews