Halfords Reviews

53% of reviewers recommend Halfords
01AM
1AM

About Halfords: The Halfords.com website having 10,000 easily easy to get to products, ranging from Sat Nav, In Car Technology, Bikes, Baby Child, Outdoor Leisure, Car Maintenance and Car Styling, the site also offers helpful advice and hints to help you to choose the right product for you. Our sole aftercare service is also available on chosen products bought online or kept for collection in store, including fitting services for car audio and child seats, free set up and demo for Sat Nav, bike checks and more.

customer.services@halfords.co.uk

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how Halfords made you happy

Live Chat, Telephone, Email
"Went to Southport Store on Monday 22/5/2019 to have an indicator bulb replaced. Halfords say that they can fit the part for you. What they don't say is that it is fitted with total incompetence. The work that was completed by your staff member was negligible and left my car dangerous. I will not name him on a public platform but will share with the complaints team. I had to go to a proper garage to fix the issue as by fitting the wrong part you have damaged the unit beyond repair. I am currently pursuing Halfords for costs and I have been sent the forms today to make a claim. I urge anybody not to deal with this company as you are putting your faith in employees that simply cannot do the work they are stipulated they can do "while you wait" It has ended up costing me £198 to fix!!! If my claim is not reviewed and dealt with quickly I will start legal proceedings against you"
Are you Halfords? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"So what went wrong? Basically, my friend bought a £180 BMX bike and within the next 3 days, everything collapses. No crashes, no smashing the bike absolutely nothing happened. It just collapsed. NO REFUND TOO! I was going to buy a BMX bike from Halfords but now i have changed my decision. I am only giving this 2 star not 1 star because it did not happen to me. Your staff is nice but your BMX's are horendous."
"Spend a fair bit of money at Halfords at Pool in Cornwall, and have a trade card. I cycled to work today and realised the10 speed rear cassette was loose, nipped in and asked if they could tighten it as a bit of customer good will ,about 30 secs in total, but they refused, said they could sell me the tool but I have one at home. Was going to spend £1400 on a bike for the wife, but will not be using Halfords again. ed"
"Ordered a bike for collection.said 1 hr..then phone call to say my order was cancelled. Then text message to collect bike..only to be told they have not got in stock."
"Had a problem with a full set of mats. Had a problem with a full set of car mats I bought for a Ford Mondeo from Halfords of Newport Gwent. I tried to fit them a week after only to find that they would not fit, While at the store on Monday 13th May, I spoke to an assistant about the problem I had with the mats. The assistant went out of her way and suggested a remedy that I thought more than fair to resolve the problem. Her name was Paige & if you have more staff with the same attitude that she has you can be proud of the service they give to the public. Thank-you Paige."
"After spending £359 on front and rear dashcam at falkirk halfords the young upstart of a manger refused us a refund and banned us from the shop on refusing to leave he phoned the police and tried to get us arrested"
"I purchased a sat Nav which works very well on interest free credit. When. I went to pay an instalment I could only pay the full amount as apparently it was done on a pay later deal not interest free luckily I can afford to pay in full but others are not able too."
"Staff and manager named stephanie so helpful at the sheffield queens rd depot"
"This happened many years ago, the laws regarding clamping in public places may have changed now, but it still makes me so angry thinking about it that I felt I had to write about my experience: The parking at anchor house retail park, mile end road is for customers of Halfords. I bought something at Halfords and then I came out of Halfords to find that my car had been clamped; the clamper said he saw me on a camera leaving the retail park, I hadn't so I knew he was lying, however it was my word against his. I could have shown him my receipt from Halfords however I suspected he would just continue his lie and say "you left before or after going into PC World". He said I could go to court if I wanted to contest the clamping release fee, however he would have to tow the car till the matter was settled in court (thinking about it now it may have been a bluff). To avoid hassle I just paid him the 100pounds, it was basically a mugging. Halfords should ensure the parking enforcement agents they hire are honest and act within the boundaries of the law, otherwise don’t hire them (even if clamping is no longer allowed the same thing can still happen with rogue staff issuing parking tickets dishonestly, for example)"
"This happened a long time ago and it is possible that the laws on clamping have changed since then: The parking at anchor house retail park, mile end road is for customers of Halfords. I bought something at Halfords and then I came out of Halfords to find that my car had been clamped; the clamper said he saw me on a camera leaving the retail park, I hadn't so I knew he was lying, however it was my word against his. I could have shown him my receipt from Halfords however I suspected he would just continue his lie and say "you left before or after going into Halfords". He said I could go to court if I wanted to contest the clamping release fee, however he would have to tow the car till the matter was settled in court (thinking about it now it may have been a bluff). To avoid hassle I just paid him the 100pounds, it was basically a mugging. Halfords should ensure the parking enforcement agents they hire are honest and act within the boundaries of the law, otherwise don’t hire them (even if clamping is no longer allowed the same thing can still happen with rogue staff issuing parking tickets dishonestly, for example)."
"Two days ago I put my bike into… Two days ago I put my bike into Kirkcaldy Halfords to get new back tyre and new inner tube both bought in store for £21 fitted onto bike for £5, left bike overnight and returned next day picked bike up to cycle home, after 3 mls I noticed back tyre tube was coming out side of tyre , I had to deflate and walk home , when inflating tyre I noticed wheel was loose due to wheel nots n fitting being totally loose, dangerous shoddy work for a service I paid for, as a keen cyclist I am a regular user of Halfords after this I am not too sure I would want to go back"
"Fantastic staff who really know their stuff and keen to help"
"Fantastic service at an excellent price! I took my bike in to Halfords for advice on its condition. Rob and David at Guiseley were great in advising on my bike’s requirements, with a new sprocket, chain, brake pads and cables fitted at a cost much less than I expected. Highly recommended!"
"Very help full staff and easy and quick window screen fix"
"Always helpful with very knowledgeable staff. If products not in stock they go way beyond helpful to get it for you. Advanced series of tools are top class"
"Bought a scooter for my 3 year old for his birthday from the Kettering store. The product was discontinued and I got the one on display. It had a few scratched and came without a box or any paperwork. A member of staff asked on my behalf Will the store manager if I can get a discount, he refused. I was in need and it was the one my little one wanted, so I had to get it. I am really disappointed with people such as Will, cause clearly he has no idea about customer service, doesn't know how retail works and neither cares. Not really impressed with the Kettering branch. Will be visiting Market Harborough branch from now on."
"Refused to send a receipt, bike arrived badly setup Bought a bike from them online and paid on finance. They refused to send me any proof of purchase "because I hadn't paid for it yet". The bike is mine, it is not a lease. The bike arrived poorly setup - gears would skip up and down and I couldn't get into top gear, also the front brakes were rubbing I spent hours on their live chat trying to get some sort of proof I actually spent £800 with them but their reaction was to say initially that I "must have missed the email" and then to say "you don't get a receipt because you bought it on finance". Terrible service - I would be unable to insure the bike without proof of purchase for example."
"Recently returned to a store to do an exchange of a product, their tills weren't working properly but one member of staff decided to find a different way of exchanging without sending me away."
"My customer experience at Halfords Telford Forge Retail Park yesterday was brilliant! From entering the store and speaking to Mel to the fitting of my Freelander head light bulb by Mathew was a flawless, old fashioned, polished service that you just do not get anywhere these days. These employees of Halfords have pride in their work and are to be commended for their customer service."
"I had appointment at Halfords Car Service Lincoln Tritton Road for checking Air Condition, which usually takes 30min. When I arrived they said my appointment is made at 11am. Then they said that checking AC will take them "Couple of Hours" as they are busy with other cars. Ridiculous. They are ignoring Customers. I will never return there."
Halfords is rated 3.16 based on 622 reviews