Halfords Reviews

52% of reviewers recommend Halfords

How would you rate Halfords?

466 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
EXCELLENT SERVICE

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Halfords in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"EXCELLENT SERVICE"
Stephen Roberts
Unverified Reviewer
"Polite and Helpful Staff and good quality products in stock."
Alan Darby
"cheap and good value for money"
"Ordered a child car seat online for collection in store. Transaction confirmed and was to be available at 4 p.m. Friday, 23 March 2018. On Saturday I went to the shop in Dundee to find that the seat was not available and not known when it will be. If this is typical of Halfords service will it be in line for extinction like several other big name businesses."
Roger McQUADE
"Saw they had insulated Travel mugs discounted from £8 down to £2.50 but were also offering '3 for the price of 2' on certain items. So for £5 , I got 3 x 14oz insulated travel mugs. Real bargain!"
"We swapped our 3 year old grandson's Britax car seat from my husband's car into mine (a little Hyundai i10) but it seemed too wobbly, so I took it to our local Halfords store in Bromsgrove. Without hesitation, Rob, an extremely pleasant young man, went straight out to fix it correctly and showed me where I'd been going wrong with the strap adjustment. He couldn't have been more helpful. We have always been impressed with the staff at Bromsgrove, having purchased grandchildren's bikes as well as this car seat. But, I'd really like a special mention for Rob today (with shaved head and beard!). Well done Rob."
Stephen Raven
Unverified Reviewer
"Non delivery of goods & a nightmare trying to get a response. Trying to obtain a refund. Do not deal with them on the web, they are useless"
Annoyed Customer
Unverified Reviewer
"Nottingham Castle Boulevard , Had a replacement complete exhaust 2015 for a smart car , which is supposed to be ideal for short journeys on average do 3000 miles a year,had a service and mot March 2018 and the exhaust has gone again rotted from the inside on the back box and the warranty on the exhaust has expired they qouted another £700 to replace it and said its because the car does short journeys ! Which is what the car was designed for, they used a cheap exhaust but charged big prices . Don't go to them ."
Cristian Nutulescu
"A bit of waiting, but finally found the right parts for my car, best services!!"
Marc Dennett
"very good service"
"Great help and advice on my product when I visited store to collect online order"
"Bought a second hand bike recently, person I purchased bike from recommended i get bike serviced .Took bike to halfords at snipe retail park at Ashton under lane the advices and service was totally useless the staff didn't know what they were talking about when I got bike I thought after spending over £100 on services and couple off other bits at least they could have cleaned bike .I won't be going back."
"Do not let the Amblecote store in Stourbridge anywhere near your car! We took our Toyota Aygo to have a headlamp replaced. After fiddling around with it for 30 minutes with a pair of bent plyers (which our Toyota dealership have since informed us should never be used for a job like this!), they announced they couldn't do it and referred us to the local autocentre. The autocentre said that the light fitting had been broken and it would cost us over £200 to replace the whole headlight! The last people under the bonnet before Halfords were the Toyota dealership just over a month ago for it's MOT, service and safety inspection. The car had passed the MOT with no problems and the safety inspection came back with a clean bill of health on the lights and fittings. Halfords are refusing to accept liability despite us having the paperwork from Toyota. They even the nerve to say that it was Toyota who had broken the headlight during the MOT. This ridiculous quote is from an email from Halford's claims department, "The damage is consistent with that which occurs during an MOT". So how come we have an MOT certificate issued with no problems identified? Essentially, Halfords are accusing a respected car manufacture's dealership of fraud, just so they don't have to pay for the damage they caused. It also begs the question of why then, did they try to replace the bulb if the fitting was already damaged. If they are not accepting liability then it only proves how incompetent they are if they are trying to replace a bulb on a broken fitting! Never use them, they will damage your car and will do all they can to deny it!"
Ian Ralph Armour
"Very attentive and efficient supply and fitting of car roof- box"
Paul Hutchinson
"Asked store assistant which filter was correct one for vehicle. Was assured one handed to me was correct part. Turned out to be incorrect and had to pay extra for correct part. Found another supplier which supplied correct part at half the price. Would never use halfords again"
"Halfords, Ings Road, Wakefield - The cycle department has fantastic and very helpful staff! First Rate Halfords!"
"went to slough halfords store, and the young lady on check out is very nice and helpful, the guy fitted my car stereo is really professional and its done within 15 mins. very nice and clean job.very happy."
"The staff at Halfords were very helpful in particular Sam and Simon at the till in the st Andrews Quay store in Hull. Where i purchase a SAT NAV for my husband. What let my experience down is when I left the store and I was asked to give a review using the details on my receipt. When I logged into your survey website www.giveusa steer.com I found that the website just wanted to make changes to my computer/browser and not allow me to give my feedback. I felt I was conned."
Dave Wager
"Good quality shop and really helpful staff"
Halfords is rated 3.14 based on 467 reviews