Halfords Reviews

Halfords have a Customer Happiness Grade of B-. Customers love their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

52% of reviewers recommend Halfords

How would you rate Halfords ?

"Halfords is a good place to go and look at bikes,scooters,skateboards and more! Definity recommend to anyone looking for bikes and more at low prices. Staff are very friendly"
"I ordered a bike that cost me £250 and when i went to lick it up it was already damaged and the paint had started to bubble, the member of staff who was dealing with us said that is just how they come either take it or we will reorder a new one. Bearing in mind he hadn’t apologised for the inconvenience or anything, he then tryed applying glossy black paint onto the matt black, handlebars that was scratched which dried awfully and looked terrible and he just shrugged his shoulders as to say just deal with it. We decided to reorder the bike and rang customer services the next day where we found out that the worker hadn’t reordered the bike at all so she put one on order for is and apologised for the whole mess and said it would be there today and we would receive a call, waited in all day no call. We then rang the store this evening and a worker managed to find the bike and it was still in its box untouched when it should have been ready to collect this morning, absolutely terrible service would not recommend to anyone, if this is read and you are wondering for places that sell bikes with good service try decathlon their bikes come at reasonable prices and come with great service every time unlike halfords"
"I had my bike repaired at halfords. The staff were excellent, friendly and bent over backwards to get the job done dispite being booked up. A huge thanks to Lou, Kerry and Mary, you guys are the best."
"Terrible repair service, expensive and my bike came out with more damage than when it went in, do not go there!"
"Trustpilot reviews Categories Log in Sign up Install App For companies profile image of Tiaan De Klerk Tiaan De Klerk United Kingdom Review of Halfords Retail Tiaan De Klerk Tiaan De Klerk 1 review Star 1 Star 2 Star 3 Star 4 Star 5 Published 01 August 2018 Bad Bad Took my car in for a service to Halfords 9 months back, paid for a major service, with all the bells and whistles checked the oil when I picked it up to make sure the lever was right it was clean so I thought job done. They did inform me they did not changed the air cleaner and I had to come back in for that twice both times they still did not have it. Eventually they brought it to my home and I changed it myself. When the winter was over I discovered the archon wasn’t cooling even though I paid for an archon service as well. As this was 6 months later I thought there was nothing I could do about it. A self-employed mechanic did a service on my car yesterday and discovered the oil filter was from Halfords main competitor, also the fuel filter and pollen filters were still the original Hyundai brands and so dirty that they could not possibly have been changed 9 months back. My conclusion now is that they probably only did an oil drain and change without changing the filter and probably did not order the parts in for my car. As the air cleaner is so easy to check they probably came up with the story about not changing that so I would not be suspicious. Don’t go and get ripped off by those guys I basically ended up paying £500 for a couple of litres of oil and an airliner I had to change myself."
"Been to Halfords yet again with the rear axle problem with the carrera valour. There is obviously a manufacturer problem due to the amount of times this has gone. Surprise, surprise they haven't got one in stock. This is due to everyone having to dip into their pockets and keep buying the poor quality axle"
"Before buying a new car battery for my HONDA CIVIC i specifically asked the customer service assistant if he could arrange with the fitter to maintain power to the car on disconnecting the old battery so that the radio settings would be maintained and saved. i provided the fitter with my own power station to carry out this simple task but he failed to do what was agreed and disconnected the battery. He was obviously very inexperienced and i got the impression he wasnt up to the job as he tried to put the plastic casing of the battery over the battery retaining clamp. I followed this incident up with customer services who told me that i had to ring HONDA and obtain the code for the radio. i thanked him for the total inefficiency and walked out. Needless to say i would not trust Halfords staff if i ever have to use them in the future."
"We visited the Airdrie store today and were lucky to be served by Allison who was very helpful. We needed oil and were completely clueless with regards the process of filling up the oil tank in our diesel car. Allison was friendly, knowledgable and went that extra mile providing excellent customer service."
"Where shall I start! I rely totally on my bike as I don't drive. I ride a Giant Talon Mountain bike which cost me quite alot as I need reliability. It was booked in for routine gear alignment and front disc pads. I had to wait for the parts as not in stock..so far so good. I picked it up and paid a total of £52.00 I ride with the seat extremely high as I'm tall. The seat had been lowered right down. The break pads squealed all the way home and I can't get two of my gears. Also the handlebars werent straight. I've now had to come home get my tools out and finish the job. Needless to say I will not be going back nor will I recommend to any of my cycling fraternity..come on Halfords I really thought you were better ."
"customer service poor, would not use again.. slow for repairs... a tire."
"Item I bought was with a one4all gift card, part of balance used up the card balance. When I got home I realised the assistant hadn’t given me the card back. I tried to return the item the next day and was only offered a Halfords gigpft card....which is not what I paid with, nor wanted! Very unhelpful and went as far as to say it was my fault for not asking for the card back!! Disgusted at the way they spoke to me, and how unhelpful they are. Would not recommend buying with this company, they take your money but then want to keep it."
"I needed some AdBlue for my car. I purchased a 10 Litre container with fill hose attached. The fill hose was so cheap and nasty, it broke immediately spilling AdBlue all over my boot. Very poor will not use them again"
"price availability service"
"Went to the Mansfield store to buy 2 bikes totalling over £1000,to my amazment no of the staff were in the slightest bit interested in serving me. So after over 1 hour of waiting around decided to leave.I contacted customer service about my treatment and was told they had spoken to the manager of the store and he would phone me to try and resolve things. I'm still waiting for the phone call must have the same attitude as his staff (he properly carries out there training) there is no wonder all these larger shops are closing down with such bad customer care. I for one will not be using Halfords again for anything.if you read through all the reviews left by other people they are all for similar things customer service. Come halfords big wigs sort your staff out they are a ket down to you."
"Ordered car stereo and booked a fitting. The guy told me he needed to order a facia kit should be a few days and would contact me. I contacted Halfords 5 days later they had the part. Then they told me the dab radio I ordered wouldn’t work very well because I have a convertible so I changed to analog. Went for fitting returned later the guy couldn’t do it said the part he ordered was wrong and he was unable to get the right part. I went to a independent car audio dealer explained my predicament and he handed me the correct part of the shelve. I went back to Halfords with the part only to be told the part was wrong by which time I was getting quite annoyed. Took the part back for refund also asked the dealer about dab and convertibles he told me Hartford’s a talking rubbish. He sold me a dab radio and installed it in front of me. So all in all pretty rubbish service from Halfords"
"Fraudulent claims of parts and malicious Activity DO NOT GO TO HALFORD FOR ANY FREE CHECK UP'S ON YOUR CAR. They lie to get you to pay a large amount of MONEY when nothing is wrong with your car. On the 21st April 2017 Halford provided me with a report that stated : My Wishbone Arms where leaking Oil - But it cannot. My 3 month old battery was almost dead - They put in the wrong codes when they tested the battery. ( I had warranty on the battery and when I went to get it changes Euro parts tested the battery infront on me and there was nothing wrong with it. Total waste of my time . My car oil was low - Because they loosened my Oil Filter and forgot to tighten it back. A couple days after I had the test I saw oil under my car. My discs and Brake pads where low - But they wasn't. My wheel nuts needed changing as they were hard to take off - Ofcourse they were hard to take off because they tighten my wheel nuts with a air gun. Total SCAMMERS. I complained to Halfords and all they could say is that they are sorry. Sorry is not good enough when this is a Nationwide Company who is putting customers safety at risks by tampering with the cars and stating lies on the report. Luckily my Dad is a retired Mechanic and when he saw the Wishbone Oil Leakage claim on the report, he asked me which FOOL told you this? If it wasn't for my Dad I would have paid over £700 not including Labor for my car to be fixed. I have submitted another complaint however Halfords have not replied. It has been 3 weeks. I think they are not replying to me because I mentioned in my complaint that I have a Dash Cam that shows a video of the mechanic under the front of my car for sometime ( Probably loosening my oil filter) Sadly I dont have a Dash Cam under my car, maybe next time. I cannot trust any company anymore because of this. Personally I think that because I am a woman and they see this, people seem to take advantage of us because they think we now nothing. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE AND WE KNOW MORE THANK YOU THINK."
"Very friendly and helpful staff member who went out of his way to answer all my questions."
"I purchased a car stereo online (2/4/18) to collect and be fitted at Newmarket store. fast forward to 12/6/18 and I still do not have the product fully working in my car. first of all Newmarket took over 5 weeks to initially get all the parts needed to fit it, then my car went into the garage for 2 weeks...when I got the vehicle back I phoned Newmarket to get it booked in for fitting, only to be told that they needed to order another part!!... I then got the car booked into Cambridge for fitting (1/6/18) and after leaving it with the fitter for an hour I was told upon returning I had no sound due to it needed a bypass lead which Newmarket had forgot to order!!. now 11 days later I am waiting for this lead to be in stock, despite the store telling me it was dispatched last Monday ( the story changed after I telephoned the national customer service line). in Halfords defence you have waved all the fitting costs and also the parts costs, I only had to pay for the kenwood head unit (still £110).... but much as I appreciate this I still think it is a complete joke that NEARLY 10 WEEKS after I made the original order I am still without a working product. not impressed."
"This company is a joke... The worst customer service award for this company... Bike care is a rip off... Be careful..."
"Knowledgeable staff"