Halfords Reviews

52% of reviewers recommend Halfords

How would you rate Halfords?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

455 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Paul

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Halfords in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Bought a second hand bike recently, person I purchased bike from recommended i get bike serviced .Took bike to halfords at snipe retail park at Ashton under lane the advices and service was totally useless the staff didn't know what they were talking about when I got bike I thought after spending over £100 on services and couple off other bits at least they could have cleaned bike .I won't be going back."
"Do not let the Amblecote store in Stourbridge anywhere near your car! We took our Toyota Aygo to have a headlamp replaced. After fiddling around with it for 30 minutes with a pair of bent plyers (which our Toyota dealership have since informed us should never be used for a job like this!), they announced they couldn't do it and referred us to the local autocentre. The autocentre said that the light fitting had been broken and it would cost us over £200 to replace the whole headlight! The last people under the bonnet before Halfords were the Toyota dealership just over a month ago for it's MOT, service and safety inspection. The car had passed the MOT with no problems and the safety inspection came back with a clean bill of health on the lights and fittings. Halfords are refusing to accept liability despite us having the paperwork from Toyota. They even the nerve to say that it was Toyota who had broken the headlight during the MOT. This ridiculous quote is from an email from Halford's claims department, "The damage is consistent with that which occurs during an MOT". So how come we have an MOT certificate issued with no problems identified? Essentially, Halfords are accusing a respected car manufacture's dealership of fraud, just so they don't have to pay for the damage they caused. It also begs the question of why then, did they try to replace the bulb if the fitting was already damaged. If they are not accepting liability then it only proves how incompetent they are if they are trying to replace a bulb on a broken fitting! Never use them, they will damage your car and will do all they can to deny it!"
Ian Ralph Armour
"Very attentive and efficient supply and fitting of car roof- box"
Paul Hutchinson
"Asked store assistant which filter was correct one for vehicle. Was assured one handed to me was correct part. Turned out to be incorrect and had to pay extra for correct part. Found another supplier which supplied correct part at half the price. Would never use halfords again"
"Halfords, Ings Road, Wakefield - The cycle department has fantastic and very helpful staff! First Rate Halfords!"
"went to slough halfords store, and the young lady on check out is very nice and helpful, the guy fitted my car stereo is really professional and its done within 15 mins. very nice and clean job.very happy."
"The staff at Halfords were very helpful in particular Sam and Simon at the till in the st Andrews Quay store in Hull. Where i purchase a SAT NAV for my husband. What let my experience down is when I left the store and I was asked to give a review using the details on my receipt. When I logged into your survey website www.giveusa steer.com I found that the website just wanted to make changes to my computer/browser and not allow me to give my feedback. I felt I was conned."
Dave Wager
"Good quality shop and really helpful staff"
"My car battery was apparently knackered. Took said car to Halfords, they checked their records and advised that, since they supplied and fitted battery, a guarantee was in place. Replaced and fitted on the spot. Brilliant and totally unexpected result."
Haifa Varju
"I purchased a new carseat from Halfords via their click and collect service. After contacting the customer service team they promised me that the store could double check the fit before I made the purchase to ensure it fit my car. However, when I went to collect the seat there was not seat on display to do this. I have to admit it is a little frustrating when you are told one thing, but the stores don't have that policy. Anyway, upon explaining the conversation (webchat; I saved the conversation). The team very kindly checked the seat size anyway, and provided exceptional customer service including carrying it all out to the car (they said they can not fit the car seat) for me because I am 35 weeks pregnant. It was nice not having to ask for the help. I found the staff on duty to be fantastic, friendly and very helpful ... which unfortunately is quite rare these days which is why I wanted to write a review. The store I visit was Halfords, Banbury."
"whenever go in the store I am made to feel welcome, and the staff are always t=ready to help. lots of reductions, and i usually save money shopping there."
"ordered bilstein shock absorbers advert states left and right also states fitted quantity 2 ,, you get 1 shock absorber for the price not a pair which they should be replaced in ,,very misleading advert and makes them very overpriced , wont use again"
Michael
"Good range of products at a competitive price."
Kate Smeeton
"Very easy to get the correct product for my car by using the instore interactive system."
Mrs Kerry Joyce
"Helpful with my questions, and a good fitting service."
Michael Bailey
"purchased new sat nav from my local store barnstaple and purchase was made easy very freindly staff"
"I was buying an expensive tool set for my husband. The guy I the shop was very happy to my silly question about what each tool could Do! Also I was very happy with the no quibble exchange for life policy"
"Was really pleased with ease of ordering on line order ready within the hour wiper blades I purchased were fitted quickly staff really helpful"
"Excellent deals on bikes and more recently bought an electric quad very happy"
"Attended Halfords Waterlooville in December 2017 to purchase a 2 Din Radio for Xmas present and also purchased cables and paid for fitting to a 2003 Rover 75. Everything arrived Xmas week, give as present then prebooked for fitting on 4th January. Wrong cables and fascia arrived so fitting not completed. Stored worked hard in the following days to track down, what turned out to be non standard stock items by contacting the suppliers directly. Received call to say they think the now have all the correct items. In the time I was waiting for Halfords to sort out problems I had read on various forums that there were real issues getting the correct fascias etc. Anyway, went back to Halfords, they fitted the radio and did a fantastic job of placing everything, including the microphone, Aux cables and looked fantastic and professional and I appreciated the effort the store went to complete the fitting. As someone who as worked his way up in Retail over 30 years for a FT250 retailer I am totally aware of all aspects of Retail. Halfords Waterlooville set a standard that is sadly being lost by many retailers these days. Well done to the team for their tenacity"
Halfords is rated 3.13 based on 455 reviews