Halfords Reviews

Halfords have a Customer Happiness Grade of B-. Customers love their prices, delivery and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

51% of reviewers recommend Halfords
5PM
5PM

customer.services@halfords.co.uk

Category:
Business & Office

Live Chat, Telephone

How would you rate Halfords ?

"I finally purchased a Garmin sat nav from the Spalding store and all l can say is that l am delighted with it and the staff were very helpful. Thank you very much to the staff who helped me decide which one suited me."
"Offered free mot on purchase, did'nt receive after three atempts and contacting customer services. I am a regular customer. Will not be using them again. It was just a publicity stunt to get your email address, registration and postcode."
"If you want new tyres go to Halfords, you will get great service from the front desk, and boy racer service from those that drive your cars. When they are cough wheel spinning your tyres after over ring your engine you get told its because its greasy outside. If this is a perfect excuse for boy racers to light up your tyres please go to Halfords where they do services and then smile, at your expense. This is how I described my visit to halfords today when i had 4 new tyres fitted to my car. You do not expect a staff member to over rev your engine, put it in first then light up you brand new tyres outside and in their car park. Remember these are brand new tyres which I have just paid for. Its very clear in the guidelines about tyres as to their usage when buying new tyres and how you should use them, and not abuse them like the clown did at my local Halfords. So, if you go down to the woods today, make sure halfords is not on your way, because the clowns will be out, having a shout, and driving you cars crazily. I will never get tyres from Halfords again."
"Literally popped into the Scarborough store to purchase a tyre pump. Waited over 10 minutes to be served as 2 customers in front of me had enquiries/issue with refund etc. There should be a seperate desk for this, free ing up the till for normal straightforward purchases. There appeared to be more staff behind the scenes. Next time i need accessories i will hunt out a local independant store."
"the staff are all very nice at Redhill branch especially the young man called James who helped me choose out car oil and bulbs for my car. Another lovely member of staff called Bradly then fitted them for me in no time at all. Cheap and fast service that i would highly recommend. Brilliant store and knowledgeable staff who are happy and friendly. My daughter also bought a car seat in store and was very happy with the service."
"Halfords delivery option stated delivery will be on or before saturday 22nd September. After order had been accepted I received a message saying delivery will be on the monday (24th September). The delivery was by DPD. I received a message from DPD requesting that I notify them of a safe place to leave the package if I'm not going to be in. I said to leave the package in the front porch if i don't Answer the door and that i'd leave the door unlocked for them. The DPD driver came but did not leave the package. I had to contact them for redelivery. The redelivery came on Tuesday 25th September, it was a different driver and this time they left the package in the front porch. So to summarise, Halfords told me I would receive my goods on or before Saturday 22nd September. I in fact, received them on Tuesday 25th September."
"Avoid at all costs. Car broke down they told me it was fixed within 2 miles it broke down again. Poor customer service. Not sure they even did anything. When I asked what they did they tried to fob me off"
"Halfords Ashford shop is the worst! The shop is a shamble full of crooks! More managers than people who actually help customers! Managers need more training how to handle complaints! The service is unacceptable!"
"Hi l am really sorry to write this email, but l am really disappointed about the professionalism and technical competence. I arrived on the shop sure to buy a radio car a Sony, l asked if was compatible with my car and they sayd," se dont have anithink" for your car. So l asked which was the problem and she sayd " we don t have the wires".I sayd ok do you know Which connector has the Sony? They sayd Iso, and l sayd do you know Which connector has my car? She sayd No. So l sayd if you dont know Which are my car connector How do you know the stereo is not compatible with my car? She sayd No is not compatible and l " ok in case you right have you got an adapter? " No we dont have nothink compatible for your car. Well l was sure and happy to buy the Sony but l went out upset and without buy. Thanks Pasquale"
"Poor customer services - website an item was not despatched so wanted to cancel and then all of a sudden customer services said it had just been dispatched at 2200 ....."
"Great service..ordered a motorcycle battery late Monday, it arrived before lunch on Wednesday. The price was cheaper than eBay offered and free delivery. Will definitely use again, light speed delivery..brilliant 5* service. Thank you. Best regards James."
"I have been using Halfords for 40 years but I will NEVER use this company again. The service start to finish was a total hassle and left me disgusted. I ordered a vehicle tracker online and got an email advising me it would be at my local store in two days. I went to collect at our Hamilton branch, they said the order number did not exist even though I showed my Halfords reply, and that I should phone head office. I phoned but waited 14 minutes to speak with someone, they explained to me that "sometimes the order does'nt go through even though the customer gets an email telling them it has". After waiting days and spending hours going to the store and on the phone this company can get stuffed. I will post this review all over. Shocking display of horrible service !!"
"Excellent work carried out very efficient and great customer service. Highly recommend"
"Booked mot. It failed on 2 tyres Tyres were twice the amount of local tyre companies so took the car away to get them fitted. The tyre dealer changed the tyres and was surprised that they failed as according to his gauge they were still above the legal limit but had new ones fitted anyway. Then tried for a retest and the manager not being happy that we got tyres fitted elsewhere could not have made it anymore awkward to book in for the retest. I will never use Halfords again and I have used them regularly in the past but the manager, s attitude needs addressing"
"Halfords Aylesford Retail Park kent, absolutely brilliant, headlamp bulb fitted, could not fault them, am so pleased have put them on my Crimbo card list."
"Halfords is a good place to go and look at bikes,scooters,skateboards and more! Definity recommend to anyone looking for bikes and more at low prices. Staff are very friendly"
"I ordered a bike that cost me £250 and when i went to lick it up it was already damaged and the paint had started to bubble, the member of staff who was dealing with us said that is just how they come either take it or we will reorder a new one. Bearing in mind he hadn’t apologised for the inconvenience or anything, he then tryed applying glossy black paint onto the matt black, handlebars that was scratched which dried awfully and looked terrible and he just shrugged his shoulders as to say just deal with it. We decided to reorder the bike and rang customer services the next day where we found out that the worker hadn’t reordered the bike at all so she put one on order for is and apologised for the whole mess and said it would be there today and we would receive a call, waited in all day no call. We then rang the store this evening and a worker managed to find the bike and it was still in its box untouched when it should have been ready to collect this morning, absolutely terrible service would not recommend to anyone, if this is read and you are wondering for places that sell bikes with good service try decathlon their bikes come at reasonable prices and come with great service every time unlike halfords"
"I had my bike repaired at halfords. The staff were excellent, friendly and bent over backwards to get the job done dispite being booked up. A huge thanks to Lou, Kerry and Mary, you guys are the best."
"Terrible repair service, expensive and my bike came out with more damage than when it went in, do not go there!"
"Trustpilot reviews Categories Log in Sign up Install App For companies profile image of Tiaan De Klerk Tiaan De Klerk United Kingdom Review of Halfords Retail Tiaan De Klerk Tiaan De Klerk 1 review Star 1 Star 2 Star 3 Star 4 Star 5 Published 01 August 2018 Bad Bad Took my car in for a service to Halfords 9 months back, paid for a major service, with all the bells and whistles checked the oil when I picked it up to make sure the lever was right it was clean so I thought job done. They did inform me they did not changed the air cleaner and I had to come back in for that twice both times they still did not have it. Eventually they brought it to my home and I changed it myself. When the winter was over I discovered the archon wasn’t cooling even though I paid for an archon service as well. As this was 6 months later I thought there was nothing I could do about it. A self-employed mechanic did a service on my car yesterday and discovered the oil filter was from Halfords main competitor, also the fuel filter and pollen filters were still the original Hyundai brands and so dirty that they could not possibly have been changed 9 months back. My conclusion now is that they probably only did an oil drain and change without changing the filter and probably did not order the parts in for my car. As the air cleaner is so easy to check they probably came up with the story about not changing that so I would not be suspicious. Don’t go and get ripped off by those guys I basically ended up paying £500 for a couple of litres of oil and an airliner I had to change myself."
Halfords is rated 3.10 based on 526 reviews