H Samuel Reviews

H.Samuel, Hunters Road, Hockley

Categories:
Jewellery & Watches
Jewellery & Watches

How would you rate H Samuel ?

"Online order...DX delivery driver apparantly couldnt find the address to deliver. No idea why its on a main road. Cant get through to DX to rearrange or sort the issue....Look on trust pilot reviews for DX..everyone seems to have a similar experience. This was a gift for someone which is now late for their birthday. Why Would you use a sham of a courier company to deliver jewellery??"
"Ring we ordered was nice, good price and nice design. Next day ‘free’ delivery took over a week as the driver couldn’t find the property, not an issue as a simple call should sort this. The problem came when we tried to contact DxDelivery who seem to work minimal hours in the office and don’t answer the phone when you do call in ‘work hours’, making redelivery a bit of an issue. After three days of trying to contact DxDelivery and an e-mail to H Samuel customer services still unanswered, we called H Samuel customer services direct who although a bit stroppy, were able to get through to DxDelivery and relay delivery instructions. Although it’s not entirely the fault of H Samuel, the experience was very tedious and maybe they should reconsider the courier they use rather than trying to hide reviews on their site raising concerns. Although I guess H Samuel are at the budget end of the jewellery market so perhaps it’s to be expected."
"wedding ring broke two days after wedding when we tried to change size. goldsmith with 50 years experience explained poor quality of matirials used to make ring."
"Trying to get through to someone on the phone is a joke! Waiting over 30 minutes and they still haven’t answered the phone"
"I ordered online and my order hadn’t arrived by the due date. I emailed customer, had no reply. I decided to ring the customer service helpline after 4 days, I was on hold for over 30 mins!! When I got though the person had to ring the shop to track my order! He had no idea where my order was. This company is awful I would never buy from them again, I may get my order sometime in the next week, I wish I hadn’t bothered."
"hey I had an online order issue...I tried calling the customer service and they kept me on hold for around 45 mins for continuous two days.but one lady from the hsawuel store in harrow st Anns shopping centre...by the lovely name of Linda ..helped me out.as a matter of fact I was really concerned about my order and so politely Linda spoke to me ...she went out of the way to help me out with regards to my order..clarified everything for me and called me back to let me know I haven't been charged n stuff. god bless her and we all as customers need more people like Linda to help us out. a big thank u for sorting out things for me Linda...your a Star :):)"
"When putting a new clasp on my solid silver bracelet the H Samuel staff member unnecessarily cut off a solid silver, soldered link ring and replaced with a cheap thin metal (unsoldered) ring link. She did not let me know she had done this, clearly thinking that if she didn't charge for that part then I wouldn't notice. On returning within an hour to complain the different staff member that I saw was apologetic and an offer to solder the cheap joining link was given. However, the solid silver link was apparently gone. I ended up receiving a refund but leaving with my bracelet with no clasp and missing a part."
"A £220.00 rose gold necklace turned yellow within 1 week. I took it in store and they claimed it was okay, the rose gold comes off! If I sell you steel nuggets sprayed gold is that fraud or perfectly okay because they were golf for a day? One I explained that my receipt was online and I was on holiday they were happy to swap it, but only if I got the receipt printed off! What difference would that make? A receipt is a receipt I despise this company as I now have to take it to another store and I don't live with 30 miles of one."
"I have tried 12 times - yes 12 - to phone your Oxford St shop & just get a recorded message. Just pick up the phone. Then tried to call Customer Services - waited on 3 occasions for 15, 20 & 25 minutes - yet again no answer. Utterly & completely hopeless. I am trying to buy something online & wanted to pick it up in store which is one of the options you give, however there is no tab to allow this so have had to pay for postage which I didn't want to do. Will never use this company again. Whomever is the CEO - get your act together and get the website better organised & definitely employ people to answer the damn phones. Hugely disappointed."
"Avoid at all costs my engagement ring lasted six and half years and that was only because I had the appropriate wedding ring and eternity ring (ha ha)to go with it, otherwise I was informed it would have broke before then.What is an engagement ring for?repair bill £377 having a laugh"
"Great fast service"
"We have just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary [silver]. I bought my wife a silver necklace as a present."
"Great website, easy to navigate. Great sales and free express delivery. Superb."
"I went to visit my local branch to query about a ring on sale but had to order it from on line. Having changed my mind about the ring, I decided to cancel it. Since then, I had difficulty in getting a refund back. They said I was due for a refund but it's taken over two weeks to fix this and still nothing yet, then another operator said no monies were taken , but I know that's false as I have proof. Such terrible service, I will think twice in future. Very frustrating, seems like I'm going in circles."
"Offered same discount as online a"
"Avoid at all costs!! Absolutely the worst customer service I have come across!! My husbands wedding ring cracked within months of us buying it despite the fact he only wears it on weekends!! H Samuel offered to send us a new ring within 3 weeks this was nearly 7 weeks ago now!! Since I have been fobbed off with many different excuse as to why we have not had the new ring yet and was assured that the ring would be in on Thursday last week! It was not! I have rang to chase it up again today and have been assured it will be in tomorrow!! I am not holding my breath!! I have put in two complaints with the company now and was told they would look into it again and get back to me today! They have not!! I don’t think it is too much of an ask to recieve a ring which we have already paid for!! Stay away from this jewellers - poor quality and even poorer customer service!"
"I took my £800 wedding ring to be resized. Gave me a £220 replacdment from their stock. Told them it wasn’t my ring. After 2 months of lies and several attempts of passing it off as mine. I finally admitted it. Made an exact duplicate which was great and I settled for £150 competition (stupid me). Still the ring slipped off went back and told them this is the original size as I brought in. Again lied and said my hand was cold. I’m done. Lost my ring and have to get it resizes elsewhere. Would never use this place again"
"Do not buy from here!! Got given an engagement ring a size too big. Took back to shop to be resized and told it would be £60 and had to be sent away. After 3 weeks finally come back only for all the shine on one side of the ring to have gone and the band be made so thin I am scared to wear it. Told them to send it back as I'm fuming to be told they will tell them and don't no when it will be back again! Disgusting service. Does no one check the item before it's being returned? Disgusting as spent well over £2000 on this ring and it looked ruined when it come back!"
"I ordered the ring on 27/12/2017 to make an offer to my girlfriend for the new year. The ring was due on 30/12/2017, but on 29/12/2017 I received a letter that my order was canceled. The holiday was spoiled. Money from the account was unfrozen only in the middle of January 2018. After I wrote in support and still did not receive a reply. Order number 671926087"
"H Samuel - Bridgwater, Somerset. Once again, excellent service from the Manager in the Store. When visiting the store last Saturday I was initially disappointed that the watch I wanted was out of stock. The Manager kindly checked online and it was also out of stock. He took my contact number and said he would try to get it in and keep it back for me. These watches were selling out quickly everywhere. A few days later he called to say he had managed to get one in for me and would keep it until I could get into the store the next day. It is very refreshing when people will go the extra mile!"
H Samuel is rated 2.00 based on 40 reviews