H Samuel Reviews

H.Samuel, Hunters Road, Hockley

Categories:
Jewellery & Watches
Jewellery & Watches

How would you rate H Samuel ?

"The service and staff in the Newport isle of wight branch are always very good. They are always very friendly and very helpful. After spending a good hour in the store with my husband deciding on a watch/ watches, they are also very patient too. Xx"
"Bought a watch online in the sale. They sent me an ex display watch which had significantly been damaged following long periods in sun, that no one in their right mind would buy. They clearly don't care a great deal about their customers. Good luck to any retailer who cynically treats any of their customers."
"Had my engagement ring sent off for repair due to a small diamond lost from the outside, I paid for it to be fixed and got it back, thought that would be that however as they repaired the outside claws they damaged the internal one and I lost the main diamond.... so I went back in and sent it off again... it came back, but the replaced diamond doesn’t look like a diamond and also the claw that have been soldered on to secure it look like it has been done by an amator! I got it back in February and since then, it has snagged on clothes meaning that I’ve had to not wear it... I finally decided to wear it again yesterday and the massive claw soldered one has now broken leaving me with no other choice but to find a more reputable jeweller who will repair it again and meaning I’ve paid double. I’d happily of had a replacement but they no longer sell the ring and it has sentimental value to me. Never ever again will I get anything repaired by them!"
"I recently visited the cheshire oaks store after going to Liverpool and Chester store and neither of those being helpful or know what they were doing. I went in with hardly any information from Liverpool and Chester and they bent over backwards to help me, they found the ring I wanted, they are able to get it ordered in the metal I want and they kept in contact and updated me whenever they knew more information. I even got 20% off with it being an outlet. I 100% reccomend the store, Rhian was fantastic! Thanks again for all of your help! X"
"Tried to order engagement ring online ,wouldn’t accept any credit card even though it was being collected in London,ring in sale on Sunday was English pounds 1,039 shop never answered ph,had to put deposit on same ring €400 dearer on same day in Dublin,have welcome voucher of 10 percent of but won’t honour that either,only for it’s a unique Disney ring,I and special occasion I wouldn’t have bothered,it’s very very frustrating and I believe the shop quoted me 1.260€ for price of ring yesterday and then I had to make my way to store to put down deposit and was told it was 1,400€,which I have to pay as was after telling my son it was 1,260€,I am appalled at such treatment of customers,especially with the amount of money in question,voucher says honoured in store and online,but it’s a scam as they don’t honour them,it does not say on my email that vouchers won’t be honored when a sale is on,I’m taking further advice,as this is not right,trying to get more money out of decent hard working people,my e mail is rosaleencarrick59@gmail.com"
"Placed an order for a ring online and paid for it, only to receive an email later to say that the item is out of stock! It was in stock when i ordered it and paid for it! Now the money is gone but order is cancelled! Have to wait for a refund. Never again!"
"Friendly and pleasant staff greeted us as we entered the store.We only bought a Watch strap but the service was outstanding.The staff are a credit to the company.We visited the Cheshire Oaks store,23/08/18.."
"Online order...DX delivery driver apparantly couldnt find the address to deliver. No idea why its on a main road. Cant get through to DX to rearrange or sort the issue....Look on trust pilot reviews for DX..everyone seems to have a similar experience. This was a gift for someone which is now late for their birthday. Why Would you use a sham of a courier company to deliver jewellery??"
"Ring we ordered was nice, good price and nice design. Next day ‘free’ delivery took over a week as the driver couldn’t find the property, not an issue as a simple call should sort this. The problem came when we tried to contact DxDelivery who seem to work minimal hours in the office and don’t answer the phone when you do call in ‘work hours’, making redelivery a bit of an issue. After three days of trying to contact DxDelivery and an e-mail to H Samuel customer services still unanswered, we called H Samuel customer services direct who although a bit stroppy, were able to get through to DxDelivery and relay delivery instructions. Although it’s not entirely the fault of H Samuel, the experience was very tedious and maybe they should reconsider the courier they use rather than trying to hide reviews on their site raising concerns. Although I guess H Samuel are at the budget end of the jewellery market so perhaps it’s to be expected."
"Great staff and range of watches"
"wedding ring broke two days after wedding when we tried to change size. goldsmith with 50 years experience explained poor quality of matirials used to make ring."
"Great staff wide choice of watches .EXCELLENT..."
"Trying to get through to someone on the phone is a joke! Waiting over 30 minutes and they still haven’t answered the phone"
"I ordered online and my order hadn’t arrived by the due date. I emailed customer, had no reply. I decided to ring the customer service helpline after 4 days, I was on hold for over 30 mins!! When I got though the person had to ring the shop to track my order! He had no idea where my order was. This company is awful I would never buy from them again, I may get my order sometime in the next week, I wish I hadn’t bothered."
"hey I had an online order issue...I tried calling the customer service and they kept me on hold for around 45 mins for continuous two days.but one lady from the hsawuel store in harrow st Anns shopping centre...by the lovely name of Linda ..helped me out.as a matter of fact I was really concerned about my order and so politely Linda spoke to me ...she went out of the way to help me out with regards to my order..clarified everything for me and called me back to let me know I haven't been charged n stuff. god bless her and we all as customers need more people like Linda to help us out. a big thank u for sorting out things for me Linda...your a Star :):)"
"When putting a new clasp on my solid silver bracelet the H Samuel staff member unnecessarily cut off a solid silver, soldered link ring and replaced with a cheap thin metal (unsoldered) ring link. She did not let me know she had done this, clearly thinking that if she didn't charge for that part then I wouldn't notice. On returning within an hour to complain the different staff member that I saw was apologetic and an offer to solder the cheap joining link was given. However, the solid silver link was apparently gone. I ended up receiving a refund but leaving with my bracelet with no clasp and missing a part."
"A £220.00 rose gold necklace turned yellow within 1 week. I took it in store and they claimed it was okay, the rose gold comes off! If I sell you steel nuggets sprayed gold is that fraud or perfectly okay because they were golf for a day? One I explained that my receipt was online and I was on holiday they were happy to swap it, but only if I got the receipt printed off! What difference would that make? A receipt is a receipt I despise this company as I now have to take it to another store and I don't live with 30 miles of one."
"I have tried 12 times - yes 12 - to phone your Oxford St shop & just get a recorded message. Just pick up the phone. Then tried to call Customer Services - waited on 3 occasions for 15, 20 & 25 minutes - yet again no answer. Utterly & completely hopeless. I am trying to buy something online & wanted to pick it up in store which is one of the options you give, however there is no tab to allow this so have had to pay for postage which I didn't want to do. Will never use this company again. Whomever is the CEO - get your act together and get the website better organised & definitely employ people to answer the damn phones. Hugely disappointed."
"Avoid at all costs my engagement ring lasted six and half years and that was only because I had the appropriate wedding ring and eternity ring (ha ha)to go with it, otherwise I was informed it would have broke before then.What is an engagement ring for?repair bill £377 having a laugh"
"Great fast service"