GWlegal Reviews

of reviewers recommend GWlegal
Read GWlegal Reviews

About GWlegal:

GWlegal’s ultimate mission is to provide a fully rounded legal proposition for clients, who will return to GW again and again.

We offer the everyday legal services you require to move smoothly through each stage of life’s journey. Property law when purchasing your first home. Equity release when you are ready to retire. Financial claims or personal injury services when something goes wrong. Will writing to protect you and your loved ones.

Who is GWlegal? We are a national firm with local values.

marketing@gw.legal

20 Chapel Street

Using GW for equity release as advised by Age Partnership I believe the process was not progressed properly resulting in weeks of delay until I involved myself as per the emails on the 7/4/20 when I confirmed that it was not Barclays holding things up (after I was told they were the reason for the delay) when Barclays hadn't in fact received a request for a redemption figure. In my view this is a fair appraisal.
Despite all the requested paperwork from me having being posted and/or emailed in good time to yourselves, the inexplicable delay on your part meant that it almost cost me the original interest rate agreement with Age Partnership.
This, I must stress, was not due to the current difficulties re Coronavirus. The matter should have been settled long before.
I felt ignored and uninformed.
Hello Ms Lane, many thanks for your feedback. We are very sorry that our services did not meet your expectations. We would like to discuss your case with you in more detail. Please send us an email on discuss@gw.legal with your case reference number and contact details and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Kind regards, the GW team.
We have given a POOR rating as we feel there was a distinct lack of communication from GWlegal.
We feel we were not kept up to date with what was happening with the process, the process we feel was not carried out in a timely manner e.g. it appeared that we had to sign the same document several times as it repeatedly became out of date before the process was completed.
Due to the process taking approximately 9-10 months the interest rate has been raised before the completion date and a second survey had to be done.
Hello Mr Grant, many thanks for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. We would like to discuss your case with you in more detail. Please send us an email on discuss@gw.legal with your case reference number and contact details and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Kind regards, the GW team.
lack of communication and not enough care shown to the clients. can’t understand how it took nearly 4 weeks to find another firm of solicitors acting for barret homes, a major builder.
Poor communication, lack of urgency, inadequate attention to detail, robotic and generally unhelpful.

Job ultimately got done once the urgency suited them, but painfully obvious as a customer that you are just a number to them.
Hello Mr Eadon, many thanks for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. We would like to discuss your case with you in more detail. Please send us an email on discuss@gw.legal with your case reference number and contact details and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Kind regards, the GW team.
As I'm still awaiting a completion date, I cannot write a review!
Several errors in forgetting to get all correct paperwork signed, 3 signatures were needed therefore paperwork had to be posted out to us and returned to you, plus having given your operative our joint paying in book to copy the details from and yet he still managed to put a cheque number down instead of the sort code, this also had to be confirmed again by taking a photo and e mailing it to you, even this was not confirmed until we asked for confirmation. The person seemed to be under pressure to get it done quickly. Basic errors but could have been avoided had he not been in such a hurry. We feel that completion of this was delayed due to this. It should have completed in 2019 rather than 2020.
Not impressed , three days after completing I have not received a statement from your company
Hi Mr Freeman. Many thanks for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. We would really like to discuss your case with you in more detail. Please send us an email on discuss@gw.legal with your case reference number and contact details and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Kind regards, the GW team.
Poor customer service. Took 10 months to complete. Never returned calls. Very expensive for poor service. My daughter bought a house and moved in in half the time it took to complete the equity release.
Hello Mr Startin. Many thanks for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. We would really like to discuss your case with you in more detail. Please send us an email on discuss@gw.legal with your case reference number and contact details and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Kind regards, the GW team.
Our equity release took 10 months to complete, we had to keeping ringing GWlegal to find out what was happening. Customer service was terrible, didn’t return our calls most of the time. We had to pay a substantial amount for their services which were practically non existent.
We would never use this company again.
They really don’t explain enough. I wouldn’t have chosen them had I known the fees. Very very expensive and had I thought I would have chosen my own solicitors
Hi. Many thanks for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. We would really like to discuss your case with you in more detail. Please send us an email on discuss@gw.legal with your case reference number and contact details and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Kind regards, the GW team.
Alexander Burns was ambivalent as to whether he was acting for Roger and Linda Hiskey or Aviva from whom we were borrowing money . When the £1000 cashback from Aviva was not paid on completion of the transaction, as agreed, Mr Burns refused to act for us with words to the effect that it would be a conflict of interests as he is not entitled to discuss our case with Aviva.

Mr Burns is not a qualified solicitor, a fact not made clear to us, his clients , at the outset and Linda and I believe he does small credit to GWlegal

Roger Hiskey
Very disappointed that the monies released were spilt into two over two days before being released to my accounts, (if and when) it is a shame in this Electronic age where Millions of pounds can be transferred around the world in seconds the Legal Profession has to hang on and delay transfers to the rightful recipient I have had no hard confirmation that todays transfer has taken place and the rest will be in my account by close of business tomorrow, my feelings are that the whole Legal Profession needs investigating and over hauling to provide a service fit for purpose in the 21st Century
Communication apauling. Caused us Unecessary stress.
Very expensive. Too many hidden extra's.
Would I recommend? No.
£75.00 for a gift advice letter that I did not ask for....Pure Profiteering! Sorry Guys but this is taking the Mickey!!!
Hi.

Kind regards, the GW team.
lost track of number of client handlers, 4 in 1 day, numerous telephone calls by your staff asking the same questions, very poor communication skills by your staff. I felt I was doing your job for you, throughout this process, and will not be recommending your services to anyone.
Hi.

Many thanks for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. We’d really like to discuss your case with you in more detail.

Kind regards, the GW team.
Office staff unhelpful promise to contact people but do not
Hi Mr Baker,