GWlegal Reviews

of reviewers recommend GWlegal
Read GWlegal Reviews

About GWlegal:

GWlegal’s ultimate mission is to provide a fully rounded legal proposition for clients, who will return to GW again and again.

We offer the everyday legal services you require to move smoothly through each stage of life’s journey. Property law when purchasing your first home. Equity release when you are ready to retire. Financial claims or personal injury services when something goes wrong. Will writing to protect you and your loved ones.

Who is GWlegal? We are a national firm with local values.

marketing@gw.legal

20 Chapel Street

less than impressed with the service provided. fees some 40% higher than estimated by lender.
funds did not arrive on time. would not use again
Hello Mr White, many thanks for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. We would like to discuss your case with you in more detail. Please send us an email on discuss@gw.legal with your case reference number and contact details and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Kind regards, the GW team.
I have been very disappointed with a number of issues. I am still waiting for the return of my late wife's death certificate and hard copies of all the completion paper work. I have emailed and left messages but have had no reply.
Hello Mr Gill, many thanks for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. We would like to discuss your case with you in more detail. Please send us an email on discuss@gw.legal with your case reference number and contact details and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Kind regards, the GW team.
I tried to make a complaint over the phone, and was told to put it in writing to the head of the department by Fiona Telford. I wrote to the head of the equity release department On the 7th of March. Sending it signed for delivery it was received on the 9th of March. Even after two phone calls I still haven’t Had a reply.
I found GW legal very poor. Always giving the impression that they were representing The Equity Release Company, NOT US. How they justify £1000 for repetative contracts, I do not know. The Equity Release Co. said they would be similar to my local Solicitor..who quoted £595 !!
I asked GW to query why The ER company had put the interest rates up to 3.2% from 2.8% ASSURING ME THEY GOT THE BEST RATE ON THE OPEN MARKET. I then discovered others WHO KNEW MY CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WOULD HAVE CHARGED "WELL UNDER 3%"
GW SAID CONTACT THEM YOURSELF... Use your own Solicitor folks. Terry Sweatmore.
Rip off far too high charges worse than the loan companies
I will be writing a long email with my thoughts when I have gathered them sufficiently
Wasn't impressed with the fact that my emails were lost twice delaying my transaction
Hello Ms Sanders, many thanks for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. We would like to discuss your case with you in more detail. Please send us an email on discuss@gw.legal with your case reference number and contact details and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Kind regards, the GW team.
Had to provide same documents several times, wrong redemption figures used which meant completion certificate was incorrect. Incorrect legal fees charged. Would never use or recommend this company again
Hi. Many thanks for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. We would really like to discuss your case with you in more detail. Please send us an email on discuss@gw.legal with your case reference number and contact details and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Kind regards, the GW team.
I have had the most stressful experience using your company.
Considering I was paying for your services, you should have been doing the work, not expecting me to.
I would not recommend you to anyone.
Most of the time equity release would be elderly people who should have a smooth journey. God help them.
Hi.

Rubbish not returning calls
Hi.

Many thanks for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. We’d really like to discuss your case with you in more detail.

Kind regards, the GW team.
My Mother is 82 and hard of hearing.
Her case handler when speaking to her on the phone was at times very patronising and at times very abrupt.
Maybe certain case handlers would benefit from a customer service course.
Hi,

Kind regards, the GW team.
I have been in process of buying a house and your Solicitors was recommended we were assigned to emma clark whom works for you. With in this process we were asked for documents regarding buying our house e.g bank statement, gift letter, how we were paying deposits and so on, we provided all these documents to emma to which we were told yes everything was fine, we would then get an email to say we never sent certain documents in which we did but then were lost so we sent them in again they were lost luckily for us we did photo copy these documents. Were were told then everything is sorted we should be able to exchange contract to then be told we could not use certain money, to which we replyed to emma that she said all was ok and we had told her on several occasions were the money had came from. Emma then told use we could not use this money at the last minute which was causing problems for us also the sellers and the people who they were buying there house off. We asked why at last minute that this mistake was made and all we got told was sorry you carnt use that money. We then received a letter to say we had a new Solicitor taking over, we then had to get more statements from the gifter that emma never asked for so it was more hold ups and at one point we were on the verge of losing the house due to all the mistake made by emma Clarke. So after months of going back and forth the new Solicitor Lynne asked for more documents and information and we did explain to her all this has been sent in but she said they went there and we needed to do it again, still in the meantime we were very stressed with all this as it had been going on for the last 5 months and still no further to completion.
So now we have got completion on our new home with the help from lynne after 5 months of stress due to a member of your staff whom I think was very poor at here job.
I would not recommend your company to anyone as I think it is very poor service.

Alan Preston