GWlegal Reviews

of reviewers recommend GWlegal
Read GWlegal Reviews

About GWlegal:

GWlegal’s ultimate mission is to provide a fully rounded legal proposition for clients, who will return to GW again and again.

We offer the everyday legal services you require to move smoothly through each stage of life’s journey. Property law when purchasing your first home. Equity release when you are ready to retire. Financial claims or personal injury services when something goes wrong. Will writing to protect you and your loved ones.

Who is GWlegal? We are a national firm with local values.

marketing@gw.legal

20 Chapel Street

Slow, inaccurate calculations, arrogant when asked to check costs, had to get refund after paying over the odds to enable transaction. Had to do their work for them to push process forward. Poor service. Would not recommend.
Hello Mr Wheeler, thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. We would like to discuss your case with you in more detail. Please send us an email on discuss@gw.legal with your case reference number and contact details, and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Kind regards, the GW team.
The worst Solictors I have ever dealt with. They never ever call you back and are never available. They do not take your case as a personal case and you are just a very small fish in there very large pond. Would NOT recommend them at all
Hello Mr Kybert, thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. We would like to discuss your case with you in more detail. Please send us an email on discuss@gw.legal with your case reference number and contact details, and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Kind regards, the GW team.
Lot of unnecessary time wasted, very unfriendly when contacting for updates. Phone system often not working. Messages left unanswered.
Hello Mrs Benn, thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. We would like to discuss your case with you in more detail. Please send us an email on discuss@gw.legal with your case reference number and contact details, and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Kind regards, the GW team.
Over promise and under deliver at every stage
Hello Mr Hayward, thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. We would like to discuss your case with you in more detail. Please send us an email on discuss@gw.legal with your case reference number and contact details, and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Kind regards, the GW team.
I was a lawyer for 35 years including 5 years on the management board of a large firm and 15 years running my own specialist practice. I have bought and sold houses many times. That gives me some insight. I fully accept that pressure of work for conveyancing has been quite exceptional which may account for the extremely poor service I received. Numerous emails from me received no reply. Letters were sent out to us with important enclosures missing and we were frequently asked to provide material which had already been sent and acknowledged.
Straight forward transaction re Equity release via Age Partnership and Aviva insurance. Age partnership in their documents indicated legal costs at approximately 750 pounds. Final bill 500 pounds more than that. Not happy. Coincidentally Age Partnership offered 500pounds cash back, as part of their service.
Came back to to because I had an excellent experience when remortgaging with Helen Airey. Was assigned to David Lowry and was really disappointed. The other side’s solicitor ran rings around him. He requires chasing in order to respond to their enquiries, he never responded to emails from anyone (me or the estate agent). Things were requested late. I ended up doing and chasing a lot of things myself in order to make sure we hit the end of June deadline. Whole experience was way more stressful than it needed to be.
Throughout my experience with GW they have handled my mother,s exuity release with indifference, obstructive and generally puting me on the back burner. Contacting me through a third party eg Age Partnership right upto the last day of completion. Just to confirm money transfer and to ask if my mother was still alive. After nearly 6 months of cockups and dragging of heels I thought checking to see if My mother was still alive sums up GW solicitors attitude towards the fee payer. 3rd class service for top drawer payment. Very very disapointed and frustrated over the whole experience. Stephen Trew LPA for Margaret Trew
Hello, thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. We would like to discuss your case with you in more detail. Please send us an email on discuss@gw.legal with your case reference number and contact details, and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Kind regards, the GW team.
Absolutely awful company, no communication or sense of urgency!
Hello Mrs Dunford, thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. We would like to discuss your case with you in more detail. Please send us an email on discuss@gw.legal with your case reference number and contact details, and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Kind regards, the GW team.
Not happy, was hardly any contact, phone calls not replied to, wrong or not all documents sent
Hello Miss Saunders, thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. We would like to discuss your case with you in more detail. Please send us an email on discuss@gw.legal with your case reference number and contact details, and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Kind regards, the GW team.
OK until there is something out of the ordinary then everything comes to a stand still. Communication stops and don't follow up.
Hello Mr Mayne, thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. We would like to discuss your case with you in more detail. Please send us an email on discuss@gw.legal with your case reference number and contact details, and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Kind regards, the GW team.
I am a property investor of 32 years’ experience the Managing Director of a multimillion-pound property investment company. I regrettably chose GW as our lawyer had changed companies and was contractually tied for a few months. I know what good service is and GW conveyancing department has proved itself the polar opposite. My lawyer was very slow with any response. The contact was distanced from the lawyer via a dizzy secretary who demanding a reference number equivalent to the enigma code EVERY time I called. Once put through I would generally find myself with my lawyers’ voicemail. She rarely called me back and when she did it was days later. It took days and sometimes weeks to get a response to emails sometimes never, I had to send many reminders. I expect she only worked part time and for this reason, I would now always ask the question before instructing any lawyer. I want a full-time lawyer as I am paying a full-time price. GW had an almost invisible and very confusing pricing structure with lots of shock add on's hidden in the completion statement. The base price is reasonable but then they put on a plethora of extra charges - Limited company fee of £345, BTL fee of £90 and add administration charge to almost every disbursement. I was given no reasonable explanation as to why they attached such costs. I have never seen these extra charges in 32 years. So be warned, don’t get suckered in by the lower headline base fee. 6 weeks after completion on 3 simultaneous properties, I still have no receipts to put through our books. I've made several requests for this. We are a portfolio landlord. I made it clear that I would need to know exactly what their charges would be going forward. I have had no response. I have therefore moved on and found an alternative. This has proved to be a wise move. In short, GW don't care. We have now moved on to a much more professional firm, who care about giving the customer a good service. The headline price is more expensive but there are none of these ridiculous add on's, so the overall cost is similar. We know what the final fees will be before we start. My lawyer responds in an average of 2 minutes via WhatsApp and email. I have a direct line to his mobile phone. The company is a large London based well known company. SUMMARY OF GW Conveyancing Poor service, nonresponsive Part time lawyer Lots of hidden add on’s Very, very slow The one star I gave because zero wasn't an available option. If I could , I would give minus 10.
Very slow. Hardly any communication with client.
Hello Ms Cruickshank, thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. We would like to discuss your case with you in more detail. Please send us an email on discuss@gw.legal with your case reference number and contact details, and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Kind regards, the GW team.
disgusting service a very easy remit dragged out to the extreme by GW A JOURNEY made extremely difficult at every stage hope to god i never have any dealings with then ever again.
Hello Mr Loveday, thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. We would like to discuss your case with you in more detail. Please send us an email on discuss@gw.legal with your case reference number and contact details, and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Kind regards, the GW team.
Communication of what was happening - or not - and on what timescales was poor. The equity money transfer was due to occur of 7th April, 2021. I am writing this on 8th April. 2021 and I still have not received any money into my account. GW charge extra for a speedy transfer of money. What is your definition of speedy? I can transfer money from my account to another account in a different bank or pay a bill in minutes. Why do you charge for a slow and possibly faulty/nonexistent transfer. Where is my money? Am i liable to Aviva for the debt even if I do not receive it? Why can the recommendation of GW to friends in this questionnaire not be changed from Yes to No.
Hello Mr McKechnie, thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. We would like to discuss your case with you in more detail. Please send us an email on discuss@gw.legal with your case reference number and contact details, and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Kind regards, the GW team.
a disgracefull service received,with no information being given with regards to progress of the conveyance,just a disgracefull service
Hello Mr Spooner, thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. We would like to discuss your case with you in more detail. Please send us an email on discuss@gw.legal with your case reference number and contact details, and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Kind regards, the GWteam.
We would not recommend this company to anybody,the time it has taken to go through because of repeat administration errors has been ridiculous,their return call services is non existence, not a good experience
Hello Ms Morley, thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. We would like to discuss your case with you in more detail. Please send us an email on discuss@gw.legal with your case reference number and contact details, and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Kind regards, the GWteam.
Got this email fri 18 dec. however u have been paid. Age p has been paid. Avviva have paid u. I have not got my money. I have checked about 10 times. No money. It’s sat morning. I was told by age p. Completion was midday yesterday. I got an unexpected phone call from Anna at 3 and 4 yesterday asking if I wanted to complete. I was not expecting the call and was busy. And don’t really understand why that call was needed. Perhaps u can explain. And can u tell me where my money is.
Hello Mr Main, thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. We would like to discuss your case with you in more detail. Please send us an email on discuss@gw.legal with your case reference number and contact details, and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Kind regards, the GW team.
I have found your website portal poor as it doesn't contain enough information on has been very poor and I have had to make calls to get updates and then voicemails were not answered. On the day of completion, we were left waiting until 3.30pm for the keys as the vendors solicitor could not get an answer from Kellie Whelan to confirm that the money had been received at 1.30pm and that exchange and completion could take place. We are extremely disappointed with the level of service and would not use you again or recommend you to anyone.
Hello Mr Gill, thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. We would like to discuss your case with you in more detail. Please send us an email on discuss@gw.legal with your case reference number and contact details, and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Kind regards, the GW team.
I chose GW Legal from a panel of solicitors... I was unlucky in my selection - the customer service is terrible, you can leave messages and send emails but you are unlikely to get a reply until it suits them, which in my experience was the Friday before completion! Everything is done to their time scale - 234 days to buy an empty property with no chain even during these "unprecedented times" is totally unacceptable. It felt like they were working solely for the lender and we were there just to pay the bill. I would like a reply from GW Legal about how they intend to address this issue... but I won't hold my breath.
Hello Mr Robins, thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. We would like to discuss your case with you in more detail. Please send us an email on discuss@gw.legal with your case reference number and contact details, and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Kind regards, the GW team.
GWlegal is rated 4.77 based on 3,072 reviews