GWlegal Reviews

of reviewers recommend GWlegal
Read GWlegal Reviews

About GWlegal:

GWlegal’s ultimate mission is to provide a fully rounded legal proposition for clients, who will return to GW again and again.

We offer the everyday legal services you require to move smoothly through each stage of life’s journey. Property law when purchasing your first home. Equity release when you are ready to retire. Financial claims or personal injury services when something goes wrong. Will writing to protect you and your loved ones.

Who is GWlegal? We are a national firm with local values.

marketing@gw.legal

20 Chapel Street

I did not choose to employ GWlegal as it was the company that represented Aviva which I did choose to do business with. I found the quality of communication with GWlegal to be excellent, personable and clear. Our communication entailed emails, telephone calls and a personal visit from your representative. The responses regarding my queries were immediate and precise.
Everything well-explained and efficiently dealt with
Very professional and very caring towards us!!!
I was kept up to date and informed with the process all the way through. Thank you.
Most of my query was delt with
good advice given in easy non pushy salesmanship manner.
Excellent kind considerate and helpful couldn't ask for more
GW Legal was generally good but didn't seem to communicate too well with other parties concerned ie Age LIfetime and Legal & General, but good with us. Maybe they didn't communicate with you ! As a result,the overall service although quicker than expected was from the customer's perspective was messy
Extremely efficient company to deal with. I was kept well informed from start to finish and completion was very swift.
GW.Legal explained everything in understandable detail with no hassle, wouldn't hesitate to use again
Thank you GW legal, for bringing our equity release application, to a swift conclusion .
Very easy to deal with, very patient with me to understand what was happening, the whole process was very straight forward.
Very good service. Timely and efficient.
OK until there is something out of the ordinary then everything comes to a stand still. Communication stops and don't follow up.
Hello Mr Mayne, thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. We would like to discuss your case with you in more detail. Please send us an email on discuss@gw.legal with your case reference number and contact details, and someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Kind regards, the GW team.
I am a property investor of 32 years’ experience the Managing Director of a multimillion-pound property investment company. I regrettably chose GW as our lawyer had changed companies and was contractually tied for a few months. I know what good service is and GW conveyancing department has proved itself the polar opposite. My lawyer was very slow with any response. The contact was distanced from the lawyer via a dizzy secretary who demanding a reference number equivalent to the enigma code EVERY time I called. Once put through I would generally find myself with my lawyers’ voicemail. She rarely called me back and when she did it was days later. It took days and sometimes weeks to get a response to emails sometimes never, I had to send many reminders. I expect she only worked part time and for this reason, I would now always ask the question before instructing any lawyer. I want a full-time lawyer as I am paying a full-time price. GW had an almost invisible and very confusing pricing structure with lots of shock add on's hidden in the completion statement. The base price is reasonable but then they put on a plethora of extra charges - Limited company fee of £345, BTL fee of £90 and add administration charge to almost every disbursement. I was given no reasonable explanation as to why they attached such costs. I have never seen these extra charges in 32 years. So be warned, don’t get suckered in by the lower headline base fee. 6 weeks after completion on 3 simultaneous properties, I still have no receipts to put through our books. I've made several requests for this. We are a portfolio landlord. I made it clear that I would need to know exactly what their charges would be going forward. I have had no response. I have therefore moved on and found an alternative. This has proved to be a wise move. In short, GW don't care. We have now moved on to a much more professional firm, who care about giving the customer a good service. The headline price is more expensive but there are none of these ridiculous add on's, so the overall cost is similar. We know what the final fees will be before we start. My lawyer responds in an average of 2 minutes via WhatsApp and email. I have a direct line to his mobile phone. The company is a large London based well known company. SUMMARY OF GW Conveyancing Poor service, nonresponsive Part time lawyer Lots of hidden add on’s Very, very slow The one star I gave because zero wasn't an available option. If I could , I would give minus 10.
Very quick, friendly and helpful service. I have used other solicitors recently who have not replied, made spelling mistakes, and generally been very unhelpful. Therefore, it was a pleasure dealing with GW Legal.
All contact with GWlegal was swift, efficient and courteous. Telephone calls were answered without delay. Michael MacElduff was on time and went through all the papers clearly. This firm brought me the least amount of distress. Completion came sooner than I expected.
Our case was dealt with quickly and professionally, all our queries clearly explained/answered and we were updated regularly.
From the very start I have been impressed with the friendly but professional way I have been dealt with. Helen & Gabrielle especially.
I was kept fully informed and up to date during the whole process.Very impressed.
GWlegal is rated 4.76 based on 2,490 reviews