GWlegal Reviews

of reviewers recommend GWlegal
Read GWlegal Reviews

About GWlegal:

GWlegal’s ultimate mission is to provide a fully rounded legal proposition for clients, who will return to GW again and again.

We offer the everyday legal services you require to move smoothly through each stage of life’s journey. Property law when purchasing your first home. Equity release when you are ready to retire. Financial claims or personal injury services when something goes wrong. Will writing to protect you and your loved ones.

Who is GWlegal? We are a national firm with local values.

marketing@gw.legal

20 Chapel Street

Overall very pleased with the service The one negative was the amount of time you took to reply to queries Several times it took you 2-3 days to get in contact with the person dealing with my case which I found most irritating
Thay took a long time to get to a final result of my caseworker
GWLegal was not chosen by us. It was the legal company acting for Age Partnership, the company we selected to access equity release from our property. So, in that regard, they carried out what I would have expected from a legal company. I had to correct figures on a few occasions but that was not the fault of GWLegal as they were only relaying information from Age Partnership which got things wrong on several levels, but that is another story.
Since I am still awaiting full settlement from the bank it is too early to comment.
Seemed easy enough to deal with but at times the information could be more clear. On multiple times the information asked was not easy to understand unless you are familiar with legal advice. When asking questions they were answered reasonably quickly but I felt I had to ask unnecessary questions as the information was not clear to understand.
Kathryn Simpson was efficient and we completed the interview quickly and easily. I was unpleasantly surprised by the cost of the service. To pay £75 for a letter seems excessive. It was a standard letter and could not have cost that much to produce. Overall I was disappointed at the overall cost and do not feel it was good value for money.
whilst I am sure you did your part to satisfaction , the downside is your complete and frustrating lack of communication during the process .Promises to "ring you back and we will pass a message on" were never done , we had to get information (any)through Age Partnership who had to prompt you to do so. A poor state of affairs to do any business at all .
The equity release was dealt with quickly and efficiently. I had good email correspondence from the office. However the agent was 2 hours late arriving to complete the paperwork. He rang ahead twice to tell me he was delayed but didnt apologise. His manner was curt.
Communication and staff excellent, however, disappointed in the fees, especially as charged £50 to receive funds
Legal advice very good, communication of final figures rubbish given three different final settlement figures
Initially no contact from GWlegal. Things didn’t seem to be moving on. I had to get too actively involved to find out where GWlegal were regarding the Equity Release. Poor/slow communication until near completion, placing me under undue stress.
delt with equety rellese morgage for me not impresed with there first atempt ,then had to go through it again for the secound time very impressed with that
It is impossible for me to give a constructive review of this company as several of the other companies that I have had to deal with that are allied to GHW have proved to be a total waste of space!! Whilst GW may have been excellent at what they do they are only one link in the chain and if the rest of the chain is c**p then where does that leave GW?? GW is probably very good but they have to deal with other companies that are, perhaps, a waste of space and that leads to delays and that leads to frustration and that leads frayed tempers and that leads to the question: "Why the hell am I doing this in the first instance"?? When all of this is settled then maybe, just maybe, I might be able to give an objective opinion as to who has done what and who has performed the best and the worst!!
With your help I have achieved my aim of being mortgage free and still able to leave my children £20,000 approx. on the sale of my property after my death. However I am a little disappointed that the process took 3 months to complete and cost me almost £3000 in fees and commissions.
Te gentleman who came to see us was very nice but it was oh so rushed. We told them we were away and we received a voice mail on Christmas Eve in Madeira asking us to contact them urgently. It turned out to be nothing at all. Needless worry!! Not so impressed after all.
The initial solicitor was very helpful and pleasant when he came to our home, but following on from us signing the agreement the communication was poor. They did the job that was required, however their lack of communication and availability caused the transaction to go on longer than it needed to causing us extra money in interest.
Used for an Equity Release transaction. I felt that the entire process was oriented at enabling GWLegal to identify difficulties so that they could legitimately charge additional fees for their services. We ended up paying approximately double the fees originally quoted because of 'complexities', despite being assured by the equity release brokers that all the circumstances pertaining to our situation had been clearly communicated to GWLegal. We have not yet received a breakdown of the fees charged, just the eventual total which we had to agree to pay in full before the funds were released to my mothers account. Apart from the fees, the level of communication about progress was limited and to be honest, not terribly helpful when they did happen. The reality is that we had to release equity from my mothers property to pay for her care. The additional fees charged by GWLegal means that there is now less money to fund that care. Disappointing... I would rather GWLegal had been honest about their fees from the outset AND that we had been offered a choice of conveyancing lawyers rather then being presented with GWLegal as the only option open to us. My overwhelming sense is that the entire process is cynically designed to generate fees for organisations that are needed to complete a transaction from people that have absolutely no other alternatives available to them. When all is said and done though, the transaction was eventually completed so we have to accept that the service was delivered.
Our biggest gripe was lack of information during the conveyancing process. Over a considerable period we were unaware of the progress of the purchase and documents required from us. The web client case file was not updated from 25/9 until 3/11. We tried on a number of occasions to contact, left voice mails that at times never returned. Emails not acknowledged. Towards the end of the conveyancing we found Jennie to be very helpful and kept us informed on progress. Hence the 3 star.
I realise that there were different parties involved in this which became more involved due to solar panels delay which we partly caused by misunderstanding of the situation. We feel that a lack of communication from yourselves and Age Partnership left us too often in the dark as to what was happening ! and left us chasing both parties even though we were initially promised regular updates by Age Partnership !
Disappointed with them from the start. First contact was with a rude and abrupt woman. Lack of communication throughout the entire process Can’t recommend
GWlegal is rated 4.76 based on 2,885 reviews