GWlegal Reviews

of reviewers recommend GWlegal
Read GWlegal Reviews

About GWlegal:

GWlegal’s ultimate mission is to provide a fully rounded legal proposition for clients, who will return to GW again and again.

We offer the everyday legal services you require to move smoothly through each stage of life’s journey. Property law when purchasing your first home. Equity release when you are ready to retire. Financial claims or personal injury services when something goes wrong. Will writing to protect you and your loved ones.

Who is GWlegal? We are a national firm with local values.

marketing@gw.legal

20 Chapel Street

Not impressed. Not a difficult task but they made heavy weather of it.
Iyt took so long to get my Power of Attorney accepted that the offer from Legal and Genera;l expired
It had been agreed with AGE Partnership that the expenses would be added to the loan giving a total of £64,189. This was £61,000 to our account and £3,189 for fees. Today when your representative called, she explained that £60,018 (figures rounded) and gave me the fees £1095 for Age Partnership, £!417 for Power of Attorney and £954 for GW Legal account. This confused me I, but agreed not to discuss further with Age Partneship and acccepted the figures given. I felt that GW legal could have discussed and agreed the numbers prior to today's phone call to me.
Reasonable service at a not ridiculous price but I never felt I was being looked after or cared about; it was simply a process and I was being processed. This is not a service from solicitors, it's a service by administrators, efficient maybe, but not caring or concerned to provide a service.
I was happy with the overall service I received but unhappy about the process of conducting legal and financial business on my doorstep. I think more thought should have been given to privacy and respect for customers. I was able to visit a solicitors office the previous week to sign documents and had visitors to provide services in my home (surveyor, central heating servicing) so I think your company's inflexibility regarding the doorstep transaction is not acceptable.
You do what you do for a big price easy money
I feel that I have not received a very good service from you. Your agent changed times on two occasions, and when she did turn up - she was an hour and half late. and then she forgot to sign the Mortgage Deed, which delayed the final settlement by several days, which cost my wife and I £27 pound per day interest. I trust that you will reimburse us for the total amount.
As first time buyers, the process was ok but could have been better communicated with us to explain different areas/time frames.
Was not impressed with the service. I would leave vocalmails and never responded.
we were not happy at having to conduct our visit from your lawyer in the garden where neighbours could possibly overhear a very private conversation. We were also not happy that we had to get a old charge on the house removed ourselves we thought that this would have been included in the fees.
Took a little while but not too bad .
Satisfied with service provided
Call not returned from fiona ref charge for fast payment i did not request or want
Alexander Burns was 5 star but I could not rate higher because I pointed out on the telephone to the agent that visited me that Scottish Widows had spelt my name incorrectly, I mentioned this again at the meeting and was assured it would not be a problem It was a problem and put back completion for two weeks
Too slow at giving information
This is a follow-up to some remarks left yesterday (4/6). It is not a complaint, but meant to be helpful/constructive. I note that funds are being sent to me by "telegraphic transfer"**. In banking terms, this is a bit like saying my brother is visiting me in a Model T Ford. A long time ago, a TT involved instructions to a paying bank, the bank staff preparing a coded message and then sending it to the recipient bank, where it was decoded and (hopefully) the right account finally credited. Later, one had CHAPS payments [from about 1990-1995 ??], which took a much shorter time and were much more accurate (although the request still had to go through one's bank). **Another document from you calls it "Faster Payment" Since about what ? 2005-2010 individuals have been able to send money from their own accounts, as a kind-of extension of the system of debit cards with chips embedded. Further, this latter typically takes a matter of a few minutes (2-3 hours absolute maximum). And it is free. Whilst I can understand that various checks and formalities are required as to correctness of paperwork, validity of bank information and so on, I am genuinely surprised that payment of this nature apparently routinely takes more than 24 hours to wend its way to its final destination. And costs me £ 50.
Whilst you carried out the required tasks, we found your service somewhat sloppy. On the 22nd May you wrote to us requesting a copy of the completion certificate for the sale of a previous property. This was despite us having already emailed it to Eve Lake on the 18th May and having confirmed such to your representative on the home visit carried out on the 21st May. Okay, this didn't seem to delay proceedings, but what was really staggering was the e-mail Michael Callaghan sent us on the 2nd of June enclosing a letter and completion statement showing the wrong sum of money being due to us - over £800,000.00 as apposed to the approximately £40,000.00 we were applying for! Again no delay appeared to result from this, but it all smacked of sloppiness. See attached copies.
Not impressive as three different solicitors handled my case and not knowing what was happening on time or why changing the solicitor. Also, the mortgage took longer than expected due to the last minutes investigation/review of supportive documents.
Never confident they were handling things properly as changed mind a couple of times as to what was needed but did complete finally
I felt they dragged completion of my equity release out. This cost me a further £1,000 in interest fees to my lender.
GWlegal is rated 4.76 based on 2,880 reviews