Gumtree Reviews

26% of reviewers recommend Gumtree
07AM
7AM

Tell us how Gumtree made you happy

"Terrible company cancelled my ad no reason at all . A van in van section really bad gumtree now officially finished 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂"
Are you Gumtree? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Gumtree receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"My ads keep being deleted and I cannot do anything to make then work. Awful site - do not use! There are so many other better ones than this"
"on the 5th november i raised the issue of wht my account had been suspended. Here's the Hi there, This is an automated reply, to confirm we have logged your question and our team will aim to answer you within 12 hours. STILL WAITING 5 DAYS LATER!!"
"Absolute shambolic customer service. How is the company operating. Everytime I put on an add it removes. I contact gumtree who say someone is hacking my account etc etc.. change password and go again.. this has gone on at least 8 times!! so frustrating. Freeads is so much easier and better. Please gumtree if you are reading this sort your customer service out!"
"gumtree used to be a great site, could find what you wanted easily, then some young tech savy decided to make it better and now it sucks, can't get what you want to find, have to be so specific....well i want to browse all adverts don't want to be directed by you thanks ...i used to use it a lot but can't even search on it now such a shame"
"If you still have a gumtree account, deactivate it now! It's not worth the husstle, trust me. My account has been hacked and my name and password changed to 'Laura'. Whilst dealing with this I realised that a top of the range Land Rover is being sold from my account for a ridiculously low price. Immediately I panicked, I was convinced that the car is stolen and gumtree is facilitating the sale out of my account. I immediately contacted gumtree on every single possible number and email address i found, tried to deactivate my account to which I didn't have login details for without success and after half an hour decided to contact the police. The last thing I want is to be arrested for handling stolen goods! The police were buffled but very helpful. I had a peace of mind that I reported it and that I am no longer associated with a stolen car. Police have rang several times, turns out that the car is not stolen (yet) and is being sold by the legal owner on another site. Certainly not on gumtree and certainly not for that price! Police were able to alert the owner that there's a possibility that someone will try and steal the car and gave them all support they needed. I was signposted to cyber crime unit where I've made my statement and the matter is being investigated. Response from gumtree? Nil. It's been a month now and I had absolutely no response whatsoever. The advert, despite me asking them to remove it from my hacked account stayed on, until the police advised me to take it down. I've also noticed and reported that the same advert appears out of several other accounts, probably hacked too. This is illegal activity taking place righ in front of gumtree and they just don't care. Imagine if the car was stolen and the police came knocking on my door. I would have a lot of explaining to do. And whilst gumtree ha e no power over hackers, I understand, they failed to act, failed to remove that advert from my account, failed to secure it failedto investigate the issue and as such, criminals are free to roam on gumtree and I am out. Never again."
"Terrible service, they don't care about users."
"Paid over £100 to place ad that was deleted after 2 days, no explanation. Have sent several emails and have been given a couple of 'case numbers', but there is no comeback and no other means of contact. The whole site seems a badly managed shambles, with ads like mine seeming to disappear without trace. I feel the operation should be referred to an Ombudsman and I will try that"
"As the website allows us to communicate with the seller, and to narrow down searches, i was able to find a house to rent before i even arrived in Glasgow. This is very important as i came with a small daughter and it is important that we get the house settled before coming. Thank you."
"Site full of rubbish and expensive to advertise incompetent staff and weird system blocks anything. avoid at all cost"
"They introduced a rheating sealer but doesn't work properly."
"Singapore based website, prices in US$, but the head quarter is in Hong Kong, factories in China (I discovered it when I tried to return the dress). Specialized in Prom/ night dresses. Advertise fake return policy. They claim you can return the article for any reason, even only if you don't like it, but this is not the case. Once you receive the product, it's practically impossible to send it back and get a refund. Don't buy from them. Dishonest web site!"
"I placed my ad, which was immediately removed (with no reason provided). When I contacted their support, Gumtree replied with an automated message giving general reasons as to why my ad might have been deleted. I read the various articles and safety advice to try and ascertain as to why the ad had been deleted but to no avail. I tried several times and many hours to reinsert the advert and also to contact someone on live chat only to have the ad constantly deleted (with the same email response as previously) and have my live chat continually disconnected. The ad appeared days later when I no longer needed it and I was then charged for the ad and refused a refund. I feel that they failed to act in a professional manner and did not have the courtesy to answer my above concerns regarding the poor service that was provided by them."
"I wanted to sell IKEA furniture on their site. Gumtree doesn't allow IKEA furniture to be sold on their site for safety precautions. Seriously? I do believe IKEA is the most sold furniture in the world and Gumtree is telling me their furniture is not safe!!!"
"SCUMtree - SCAMtree If you want to pay £80 for an illegal fake Chinese $10 knock off Rolex watch, or a tenner for illegal fake branded RayBan sunglasses and the like there are 1000's of such ad's on there at any one time or if you are the sort of person who would happily buy a "pirate" password to access SKY TV without lawfully paying the subscription this site is also riddled with illegal IPTV ad's. If you want to further subsidise unemployment and disability benefit cheats who are well enough to run their "under the DWP radar" businesses from their homes provided for them by honest, hardworking taxpayers, or otherwise deal with lowlife, scammers and bottom feeders...…... SCUMTREE/SCAMTREE is for you! I have reported numerous illegal ad's using their "report ad link" (I am a Solicitor) but nothing ever gets done about it. They "knowingly" facilitate illegal activity and will continue to look the other way because it is a site that is run by scum and is patronised by scum."
"Couldn't upload images website hopelessly in responsive very frustrating exercise, just took chairs to the tip, much easier!"
"Customer service need retraining The rules are ridiculous And adds being romoved for being in the wrong category when that's where it should be!! Do your work gumtree staff"
"I rate the Quad Burga from Mc D's its so juicy and tender HMMMM"
"Why does Gumtree actively promote Massage Venues that offer sexual services, yet blocks genuine companies that work strictly within their licence, just offering purely massage? Over 50% of the companies we contacted in London offering massage came back with offers ranging from happy ending to full service, yet legitimate Massage Shops like Thai Angels offering just pure massage are blocked with no reason given. The venue concerned has 4.8 stars out of 5 on all the main websites ranging from Treatwell to Tripadvisor, yet they have been blocked by Gumtree to prevent them advertising, without any reason! Initially Gumtree apologised for taking monies and then refusing advertising without refunding the money or giving ANY reason as to their actions. This is criminal and should not be allowed, they refuse to even look at the internet to see the fantastic reviews given by mainly women on this venue"
"web site poor 😖😖😖😖"