Gumtree Reviews

33% of reviewers recommend Gumtree

How would you rate Gumtree ?

"I wanted to sell IKEA furniture on their site. Gumtree doesn't allow IKEA furniture to be sold on their site for safety precautions. Seriously? I do believe IKEA is the most sold furniture in the world and Gumtree is telling me their furniture is not safe!!!"
"SCUMtree - SCAMtree If you want to pay £80 for an illegal fake Chinese $10 knock off Rolex watch, or a tenner for illegal fake branded RayBan sunglasses and the like there are 1000's of such ad's on there at any one time or if you are the sort of person who would happily buy a "pirate" password to access SKY TV without lawfully paying the subscription this site is also riddled with illegal IPTV ad's. If you want to further subsidise unemployment and disability benefit cheats who are well enough to run their "under the DWP radar" businesses from their homes provided for them by honest, hardworking taxpayers, or otherwise deal with lowlife, scammers and bottom feeders...…... SCUMTREE/SCAMTREE is for you! I have reported numerous illegal ad's using their "report ad link" (I am a Solicitor) but nothing ever gets done about it. They "knowingly" facilitate illegal activity and will continue to look the other way because it is a site that is run by scum and is patronised by scum."
"Couldn't upload images website hopelessly in responsive very frustrating exercise, just took chairs to the tip, much easier!"
"I placed my first ad, which was soon removed (with no reason provided). When I contacted their support, Gumtree replied with an automatic message stating my account has been restricted for non-compliance of the rules. No more information than that. And in case I felt tempted to find out more or protest, they sign off their email with this delightful little passage: "we know you are going to question this but we are confident in our decision so we won't reply to any future questions you have." Charming."
"Customer service need retraining The rules are ridiculous And adds being romoved for being in the wrong category when that's where it should be!! Do your work gumtree staff"
"I rate the Quad Burga from Mc D's its so juicy and tender HMMMM"
"Why does Gumtree actively promote Massage Venues that offer sexual services, yet blocks genuine companies that work strictly within their licence, just offering purely massage? Over 50% of the companies we contacted in London offering massage came back with offers ranging from happy ending to full service, yet legitimate Massage Shops like Thai Angels offering just pure massage are blocked with no reason given. The venue concerned has 4.8 stars out of 5 on all the main websites ranging from Treatwell to Tripadvisor, yet they have been blocked by Gumtree to prevent them advertising, without any reason! Initially Gumtree apologised for taking monies and then refusing advertising without refunding the money or giving ANY reason as to their actions. This is criminal and should not be allowed, they refuse to even look at the internet to see the fantastic reviews given by mainly women on this venue"
"web site poor 😖😖😖😖"
"I put a pair of ladies boots on, 15 mins later I got a picture of a mans penis sent to me on WhatsApp. I blocked the person and took the boots off Gumtree."
"Hopeless website with the worst log in process I've ever come across. One reply to a sale (Outnumbered 4:1 by a single advert on a physical noticeboard)"
"Customer service - worse than terrible - On my way to sell some stuff on gumtree I stambled across one and the same problem : my adverts were rejected. Whenever I sent my enquiries to gumtree customer service, I received automated response and - at the end - a rude statement that I do not follow gumtree rules and I may close my profile. Admittedly, I bought a few things on gumtree but after all, I won't use it any more"
"Restricted my account and refused to answer any questions. No warning and no chance to rectify the issues. This is appalling and will be the last time I use Gumtree."
"Gumtree knowingly allow conmen to advertise on there. I was ripped off all my savings by a conman. Reported it to gumtree told them about all his other ads but they did nothing and now other people will be ripped off"
"Delivered car to me , identified numerous issues within 30 minutes of drop off. Several trips, false promises to fix and phone calls and no further forward. Car aslo broke down 3 days ago costing me £170 for replacement starter motor. Oil leak discovered where broke existing starter motor. Search for company in Google to see my detailed review and that of another who experienced the same difficulties. Terrible company, avoid!"
"To all gumtree users! This is my Story! I'm writing this to try and make people aware of this company (gumtree)! I have posted an ad today on the services section and was charged £14.99! The ad was not posted, so I contacted them via the “chat option” to find out why the ad wasn't posted. A person called MIKE (not very helpful), said that I had breached the posting rules and instantly blocked my account (which I had for many years) and ended up the chat session, giving me no chance to contest – he said he was going to email me the conversation, but never did. I then tried to open another chat session, although I could no longer contact them! I found a customer service phone number on google and called them, the person who I spoke to was very helpful and read through my ad; she said she didn't know why my account had been blocked and that she couldn't see anything on the ad that breached their Terms and Conditions. She then said to me that there was nothing she could do, once the account’s been blocked – that’s it! I asked about the fee of £14.99 and she said that GUMTREE doesn't refund any fees for ads even when they haven’t been posted! Gumtree then sent me two identical derogatory automated emails saying that “MY ACCOUNT HAD BEEN RESTRICTED BECAUSE I DIDN’T COMPLY WITH THEIR RULES, TO THE LEVEL WHERE THEY THINK IT’S BETTER THAT I NO LONGER USE THEIR WEBSITE” !!! Also: “WE KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO QUESTION THIS BUT WE ARE CONFIDENT WITH THE DECISION SO WE WON’T REPLY TO ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS YOU HAVE”. I think this is outrageous! I have been a client for so many years and have been posting personal as well as commercial ads for my company, which costs over £45 each. On this occasion, they were happy to take my money, and then block my account without giving me an honest reason why they did it, and gave me no chance to contest! “GUMTREE USERS; BE AWARE OF THIS FRAUDULENT ACTIONS BY GUMTREE AS IT APPARENTLY HAPPENS A LOT”. THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT IF THAT HAPPENS TO YOU, YOU CAN CALL YOUR BANK AND THEY WILL STOP THE PAYMENT!"
"Add that we have posted is not visible. I spent over 2 hours on hold last two days and cannot get hold of support team. They also take ages over the phone. It's been over 48 hours and we are not receiving service we paid for. Disappointment"
"They have all you need ...."
"Easy to use app"
"Very happy"
"Gumtree is a waste of money and time. No gurantee you will sell an item or get people to join your group through paid promotions. Done it few times and did not get me the results i wanted. Claims about more replies is misleading customers. Not going to do it anymore in terms of paid posts. Throwing money is not the answer. If you are promoting a group you need to be proactive. Go out distributing leaflets to lots of houses in residential houses and work with local organisations. Gumtree is not the answer."
Gumtree is rated 2.30 based on 27 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!