Gumtree Reviews

53% of reviewers recommend Gumtree

How would you rate Gumtree ?

"Gumtree knowingly allow conmen to advertise on there. I was ripped off all my savings by a conman. Reported it to gumtree told them about all his other ads but they did nothing and now other people will be ripped off"
Chris
"Delivered car to me , identified numerous issues within 30 minutes of drop off. Several trips, false promises to fix and phone calls and no further forward. Car aslo broke down 3 days ago costing me £170 for replacement starter motor. Oil leak discovered where broke existing starter motor. Search for company in Google to see my detailed review and that of another who experienced the same difficulties. Terrible company, avoid!"
"To all gumtree users! This is my Story! I'm writing this to try and make people aware of this company (gumtree)! I have posted an ad today on the services section and was charged £14.99! The ad was not posted, so I contacted them via the “chat option” to find out why the ad wasn't posted. A person called MIKE (not very helpful), said that I had breached the posting rules and instantly blocked my account (which I had for many years) and ended up the chat session, giving me no chance to contest – he said he was going to email me the conversation, but never did. I then tried to open another chat session, although I could no longer contact them! I found a customer service phone number on google and called them, the person who I spoke to was very helpful and read through my ad; she said she didn't know why my account had been blocked and that she couldn't see anything on the ad that breached their Terms and Conditions. She then said to me that there was nothing she could do, once the account’s been blocked – that’s it! I asked about the fee of £14.99 and she said that GUMTREE doesn't refund any fees for ads even when they haven’t been posted! Gumtree then sent me two identical derogatory automated emails saying that “MY ACCOUNT HAD BEEN RESTRICTED BECAUSE I DIDN’T COMPLY WITH THEIR RULES, TO THE LEVEL WHERE THEY THINK IT’S BETTER THAT I NO LONGER USE THEIR WEBSITE” !!! Also: “WE KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO QUESTION THIS BUT WE ARE CONFIDENT WITH THE DECISION SO WE WON’T REPLY TO ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS YOU HAVE”. I think this is outrageous! I have been a client for so many years and have been posting personal as well as commercial ads for my company, which costs over £45 each. On this occasion, they were happy to take my money, and then block my account without giving me an honest reason why they did it, and gave me no chance to contest! “GUMTREE USERS; BE AWARE OF THIS FRAUDULENT ACTIONS BY GUMTREE AS IT APPARENTLY HAPPENS A LOT”. THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT IF THAT HAPPENS TO YOU, YOU CAN CALL YOUR BANK AND THEY WILL STOP THE PAYMENT!"
"Add that we have posted is not visible. I spent over 2 hours on hold last two days and cannot get hold of support team. They also take ages over the phone. It's been over 48 hours and we are not receiving service we paid for. Disappointment"
DANIEL
"They have all you need ...."
G Mcleod
"Easy to use app"
Sharon
"Very happy"
"Gumtree is a waste of money and time. No gurantee you will sell an item or get people to join your group through paid promotions. Done it few times and did not get me the results i wanted. Claims about more replies is misleading customers. Not going to do it anymore in terms of paid posts. Throwing money is not the answer. If you are promoting a group you need to be proactive. Go out distributing leaflets to lots of houses in residential houses and work with local organisations. Gumtree is not the answer."
"Good service speedy messages"
Christopher Gray
"we have to watch our pennies and find good things on this website"
"We received the Plasma cutter 4 days before promised"
Muhammad Malik
"Excellent website for buying/selling all type of products/services plus it's free, unlike eBay. The good thing is you can do your business by selecting your local area/city as well as the whole country."
Nabil Farid
"Gumtree is very good website to buy cheap stuff,happy with the software also with the good customer service they provided"
"“All contact numbers are premium rate scams, watch out!!!! 0737 0792 0759 0751 and more and more...” Most wristwatches sold are fakes."
Ieuan Williams
"Got scammed buy someone that seems legitiment. To hard to find out what's good and bad on this site"
Gumtree is rated 3.00 based on 15 reviews