Gumtree Reviews

20% of reviewers recommend Gumtree
11PM
11PM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Gumtree?

Tell us how Gumtree made you happy

"I am writing about British seller Henley-Homes. I contacted him regarding a macbook he is selling and gave my phone number. He whatsapped me and even left his voice recording and suggested to send the laptop to me with a courier and to send an invoice to my company. I gave him my company details and he disappeared. He doesn't reply to whatsapp messages and his phone is not available. I think rjis seller is a scum. Be careful with him or better investigate him before buying anything from him."
Are you Gumtree? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"I placed some ads on Gumtree as I needed to make some money for a project. Everything was going ok the ads had views and I sold 1 item then I found some other things I could sell. So I placed them on I had a buyer for some of my items £360 worth. The next time I looked at my account everything had been removed I emailed a few times Gumtree but had no response and they have lost me the sale and the money towards my project. I still have no reply to my questions and still get email adverts from them not to miss out well I have."
"don't even deserve one star"
"As soon as I included my number on the add I received about 10-15 spam calls a day. Once I deleted the number of my add, the add has been removed. Gumtree team admitted it had been removed by mistake and reinstated it only to remove it 2 days later. I received no email with explanation why, even though the website said an email will follow to explain. I tried several times to have an online chat with them but after checking my details they were just disconcerting. Eventually spoke to a really nice girl who kindly told me my account has been blocked and they won't change the decision. She could not give me the reason why as their policy is to give little or no explanation but at least she had "balls" to tell me this. Overall, I'm very happy I only posted a free add and did not spend a penny with them. Would not recommend as they do not follow the GDPR and give you phone number and email address out to scammers and have no decency to even inform you why they are blocking you account. It's like they pick and chose who can advert. If someone told me this I wouldn't believe as they are so well known and I thought they must be a good company but they are not. Will never even try to use them again and I will make sure that this message gets to all my friends as well. Gumtree shame on you and the way you treat people!"
"I paid for one advert on Saturday and they have taken payment for it. However, the ad has not yet appeared live because they've 'Removed' it. They have NOT told me why its been 'Removed' - I've had had no email or any contact at all from them, despite my two messages to them. So, I posted an additional 'free' version of the advert the next day. That too has been 'Removed' before going live! Again have heard nothing from Gumtree, despite my message to them. Here we are two days later and still nothing from Gumtree. They are joke and I will not use them again."
"will not use ever again to make a sale. paid over £20 now to advertise but there really is no point they don't even attempt to sell it for you... use a different website they do not respond to emails and its just full of pikeys"
"Updated site really bad, look elsewhere now"
"Think before posting your number on Gumtree. Within 2 minutes of my posting my ad, I was flooded with spam calls."
"Deleted my sublet ad without informing me or even telling me why."
"Owned a motorbike for ten years decided to sell on gumtree was stolen within 24 hours after I put add up 👎"
"Absolutely terrible would give zero stars. Can't even put an add up without getting removed straight away."
"I have been using gumtree for some time now and found it very user friendly but now they have made a complete and utter mess of it.The new version of the website is all over the place and if you're looking for something that isn't on their list good luck with trying to find it I have stopped using gumtree and have found numerous sites offering a range of products that is equal and some better without all the hassel and the frustration that gumtree offer"
"Ads removed immediately with no explanation no email no nothing been happening for weeks I am a good community gumtree user too"
"great website"
"Did Sir William ever use this site?"
"I joint gumtree which was very easy to sign up to and very easy to use. It was Very easy to get in touch with the actual seller and to arrange to go and see the item. Quick response from the seller."
"Well well well, gumtree has now been removed from my apps, another company thats now starting to. Charge 2.99 a add what a money grabbing company 3 months ago you was sending post out asking for donations to. Help support the site now to charge customers, i give alot of my stuff away for free on gumtree no way am i posting free items and being charged 2.99 per add off To preloved for me one off charge free for the year gumtree you should. Be ashamed of. Yourself once a great company now just a. Company waiting to crash and become in alot of debt *****stay away ****"
"refuses to issue refunds to victims of sexual harassment via their advertising platform. Can you think of more reprehensible practises?"
"New gumtree app is rubbish !!!!!!"
"Worst advertisement website ever. Terrible customer service, they just ignore emails asking for assistance and cut you off when you complain to them about it on the chat. Don’t waste your time"
Gumtree is rated 1.80 based on 70 reviews