Green Motion UK Reviews

22% of reviewers recommend Green Motion UK
1PM
1PM

Tell us how Green Motion UK made you happy

"Do not use Green Motion. They charged £135 for the tiniest mark on the alloy which couldn't really be seen with the naked eye and was probably there prior to rental. Refused to pay but they threatened to take the entire deposit of £1200. This is extorsion and the company should be shut down!!"
Are you Green Motion UK? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Green Motion UK receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. This is a scam. They are trying to charge me over 2,000 USD for two tiny scratches that I think were already on the car. Scam scam scam scam scam!! Google this company and find hundreds of stories like this. I booked a car with them at Keflavik in Iceland, had no problems with the car until trying to return it. The company started claiming I scratched the car. They went outside and found two tiny scratches on the car (one was covered in dust that had to be wiped away to see it....which makes it seem like it had been there.) Unfortunately I did not take pictures when I got the car, so I was willing to pay for the damage. When I got home from Iceland, I got Green Motion's "third party quote" for the damage, valuing it at over 2,000 US dollars. What? I could have made bigger scratches with my pinky nail. I should have read other reviews and avoided this nasty scam of a company!! I am not the only person they have done this to. I am fighting the charges but beware and choose any other company for your car rental. This company should be shut down."
"Run away as fast as possible. They are horrible and they will charge you for damages, which were on the car from the start. Do not use them, its my best advice."
"Flew into terminal 4 at Heathrow and after a 14 hour flight had to catch a train to terminal 3 and then pay 10 GBP for my family of four for the Hoppa bus as there was no pick up from terminal 4 - expensive and a faff. I have an annual policy to cover CDW/theft etc. At the rental desk I had three male members of staff all try to tell my that my policy would not be adequate in the event of loss or damage of the vehicle. Interestingly my husband was not subjected to the same intimidating tactics when he had previously collected another car from them, also refusing the extras. This meant that I was in the office for over an hour. I have now been issued with a penalty notice charge (which I have already settled!) and Green motion want to charge me 84GBP for receiving a PCN. I understand that a fee is payable, however this to me is daylight robbery and at least twice what most companies charge. Bus drivers and staff checking the cars in and out were lovely but this is not enough for me to ever consider booking with this company again. Avoid at all costs!"
"Juist been hit for full caution on a car returned in perfect condition out of hours, and no expaination. Avoid this company save yourself the grief. Now time to tackle with my own insurance company."
"Unbelievable..... Birmingham international airport. Turned up last night (Feb 2nd) to pick up my car as per my reservation. Nobody was at the desk! A group of people with reservations were waiting outside had been there for 30 mins. I finally was able to speak to Ajay, who said he was out picking up cars because they had run out and seemed to think it was perfectly acceptable to keep us all waiting and told me I was giving him a headache and that I was not helping the situation!! Really? I told him none of this was acceptable and would be back the next day to pick my car up. When I returned, I was told they wouldn't accept my credit card, even though I used it last time I rented from them and had been accepted amongst other green motion branches. Isara was annoyingly obtuse, passive aggressive and wouldn't attempt to accommodate me, even given the situation the night before. There was no-one more senior to speak with and green motion head office is closed at the weekend. Really? I have now had to cancel my entire trip, including missing a family wedding as a result of this shambolic business."
"The waiting queue to pick up a pre booked rental car was huge, no free parking for customers. When I finally got to be seen, a very rude lady requested 2 forms of ID (who does this?!) and a proof of address, when their confirmation email specifically listed: Things to remember when picking up your car: • Your voucher • A valid credit card in the main drivers name • Your Driving Licence The rude attendant said that this extra information was printed in the voucher linked on the confirmation, but I showed her that their link didn't even work so this information was unavailable. She eventually accepted this with the presentation of an old garage invoice for a proof of address (when the address is right there on the Driver's Licence!). I guess you get what you pay for… At least the car was brand new and very good."
"Great service and quick, plus an upgrade which was very welcome."
"Very good prices when you book 2-3 weeks in advance, low deposits, very good , clean cars with low mileage, friendly staff, fast transfer from/to the Gatwick airport. Martin"
Green Motion UK is rated 2.00 based on 9 reviews