Green Motion UK Reviews

20% of reviewers recommend Green Motion UK

How would you rate Green Motion UK ?

"Bunch of scammers! They rip you off for invisible damage they claim you made to their vehicles. Don't be fooled by the cheap prices, they'll make you pay through the nose at the end!"
"Worst car hire company ever. Seem to charge everyone "excess" for no reason. Very rude, unfriendly. Fraudulent service."
"Scammers - they offer the cheapest hire prices as they charge 75% of people for "damage". We saw four people return their cars, three of who including us got charged 390 pounds for tiny faint scratches on the underside of the front bumper. Each of the three "scratches" were 0.5cm much less than their 1.5cm minimum and 13cm apart yet they claimed they were one scratch!! It took three (3!) months for their customer "care" team to reply. They did NOT even address my complaint under contract law that they had illegally charged in line with their contract with states a "single scratch above 1.5cm will be charged" of which there were ZERO on the car. I would like to see the receipt from the body repair shop for these scratches as they told us they will send it for repair. However, they have hired out the car again without repairing it, and will do so many times in the future (illegally charging each renter £390 for every tiny scratch not even in line with their contract) until someone really brangs it and they are forced to repair it. They are charging everyone illegally outside contract law and treating us all deceitfully and gained money by false pretences. The should be closed down by Trading Standards and sued by all their customers to recover illegally stolen funds."
"Flew into terminal 4 at Heathrow and after a 14 hour flight had to catch a train to terminal 3 and then pay 10 GBP for my family of four for the Hoppa bus as there was no pick up from terminal 4 - expensive and a faff. I have an annual policy to cover CDW/theft etc. At the rental desk I had three male members of staff all try to tell my that my policy would not be adequate in the event of loss or damage of the vehicle. Interestingly my husband was not subjected to the same intimidating tactics when he had previously collected another car from them, also refusing the extras. This meant that I was in the office for over an hour. I have now been issued with a penalty notice charge (which I have already settled!) and Green motion want to charge me 84GBP for receiving a PCN. I understand that a fee is payable, however this to me is daylight robbery and at least twice what most companies charge. Bus drivers and staff checking the cars in and out were lovely but this is not enough for me to ever consider booking with this company again. Avoid at all costs!"
"I have never felt so scammed in my life. Don't be fooled by the low prices. It's a strategy to lure you into booking a car with them. When you return the car, they make you wait ages and then charge you even for the tiniest scratch and there's absolutely no way to know for sure if you're actually the person responsible for the damage. They charge you £390 for a tiny scratch on a hatchback. They make you wait for hours when you go to pick up and drop off a car. We nearly missed our flight back home when we had to return the car. Infact, when we were returning our car, 3 people were charged for the very same reason. Horrifying experience! Never rent a car with Greenmotion."
"Terrible company. Manchester branch. You book an estate Car....They offer you a hatchback. Then try to upgrade you t your cost to the car type you originally booked. Customer service is non responsive. Bunch of sharks. Feel sorry for the guys on the desk head office must have have a policy of giving you unsuitable vehicles, then having “upgrade targets” to meet. They’re cheap due to he fact they extort you later. Read around....Avoid."
"Unbelievable..... Birmingham international airport. Turned up last night (Feb 2nd) to pick up my car as per my reservation. Nobody was at the desk! A group of people with reservations were waiting outside had been there for 30 mins. I finally was able to speak to Ajay, who said he was out picking up cars because they had run out and seemed to think it was perfectly acceptable to keep us all waiting and told me I was giving him a headache and that I was not helping the situation!! Really? I told him none of this was acceptable and would be back the next day to pick my car up. When I returned, I was told they wouldn't accept my credit card, even though I used it last time I rented from them and had been accepted amongst other green motion branches. Isara was annoyingly obtuse, passive aggressive and wouldn't attempt to accommodate me, even given the situation the night before. There was no-one more senior to speak with and green motion head office is closed at the weekend. Really? I have now had to cancel my entire trip, including missing a family wedding as a result of this shambolic business."
"Booked car online for pickup in Faliraki, Greece. Got voucher by email which said collection was 18 miles away at airport. Didn't want to spend my holiday travelling to pick up a car (which is why I paid extra to get it from Faliraki). Cancelled booking online within 2hrs of booking as product breached Consumer Protection Act "not as described". Refund not given. Hard to contact company. Spent hours calling to Greece. I can see why Green Motion is excluded by several insurance companies and why it gets such bad ratings. Green Motion is saying it's a different company in Greece. It isn't and the booking system is licenced by Green Motion UK Car and Van Rental. The disclaimer on their website and invoices states "Green Motion International trading as Green Motion Can Rental are the licence holders and operators of the Green Motion Brand and car rental system worldwide.""
"Great service and quick, plus an upgrade which was very welcome."
"Very good prices when you book 2-3 weeks in advance, low deposits, very good , clean cars with low mileage, friendly staff, fast transfer from/to the Gatwick airport. Martin"
Green Motion UK is rated 1.80 based on 10 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!