Green Star Energy UK Reviews

25% of reviewers recommend Green Star Energy UK
02AM
2AM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Green Star Energy UK?

Tell us how Green Star Energy UK made you happy

"Impossible to get a response to emails and need to hang on phone for ages. Still doesn't resolve problems. Email to complaints dept not even acknowledged."
Are you Green Star Energy UK? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I changed energy supplier on 22nd September and submitted my meter reads to both Green Star and my new supplier. I received confirmation from Green Star of loss of service and was told to contact them in 8 weeks time if I wanted to have my balance refunded... first issue - why do they not automate any refunds?! I called after the 8 weeks were up and was told my new supplier had failed to submit the meter reads to the national database and to go away and talk to them... So I called them and they confirmed they were submitted on 24th September. Called Green Star back, after over 30 minutes discussion with someone who was blatantly flipping through prompt cards I asked to speak with a supervisor, unfortunately none were available after waiting on hold for one for a further 25 minutes so they promised me a call back within 48 hours. That never happened. A third phone call resulted in the same thing, I asked to complain and was told I needed to speak to a supervisor to do so, however they were not available again. I requested a call back and again was promised one, but again no call back. Eventually received a letter from them saying they were going to look into my complaint and a dedicated complaint handler would be in touch, 14 days later still no contact so called them. Another 30 minutes on hold to speak with the complaints team. My record shows that yes, there is still a dispute on my account and no, I can't have my money back until they resolve the dispute with my new supplier (a difference of FOUR units on one read). They are now going to contact the new supplier and discuss but this can take four or six weeks. It is disgusting that they are allowed to hold on to over £300 of my money and only the fact I have eventually spoken to them are they initiating the process of contacting the new energy supplier when they could have started the process weeks ago and I could now be reunited with my money! Absolutely shocking service - great price for services but you pay the price if anything goes wrong or you want to leave!"
"My 84 year old mother changed her energy provider and after chasing Green Star for a final bill eventually received one which overcharged her for the standard daily rate on both fuels. Because of this they owe her money and have not responded to several e-mail which have been sent to them. The ombudsman will be involved with this when they reach the deadline date to respond. I will always stay with the big names in future who are contactable."
"fantastic price's on gas and electricity, a lot, lot cheaper than the 'big 6', i have saved nearly £2000 over my 3 years with them, and they award their customer's with points which they can use to get 'smart home' product's, i can't fault them."
Green Star Energy UK is rated 2.00 based on 4 reviews