Green Star Energy UK Reviews

of reviewers recommend Green Star Energy UK
Over a week

Tell us how Green Star Energy UK made you happy
Absolute rubbish company robin cowboys and dishonest stay clear.
Terrible company, Bills irregular, no rhyme or reason for the amount sometimes the bill come monthly, or even yearly, and the amounts never make sense, had one bill for £330, then another came 2 weeks later for £512, My last year bill was around £600 a year since moving to GSE they went to 1600 a year. Feels more like a scammy double sales company then energy supplier, DO NOT USE
Don not deal with this Company! Send in exact readings then they will a day later "add" on estimated reading of their own plus vat etc. Awful customer service I spent loads of money photocopying and sending facts via recorded delivery to no avail!
Changed to green star from s.e.e. what a mistake. Promise of cheaper gas . Costing between £5_£10 more per week . Gone back to s.s.e. . Would not recommend.
I have had to put a star to write this review, I took over payment of this bill after losing my husband last year, it has been an absolute nightare to deal with you, at the beginning of the year I recieved numerous debt letters from you but not the bills that I'd asked for,I ended up going to citizens advice to get it sorted. Now again I receive a bill for £475.23 as you had not deducted my payment, after contacting you again you now say I owe £148.77 ,I ask for a bill to be sent out to me on several occasions and you send me a debt letter,I have never known such lack of communication within a company ! I GIVE IN, PLEASE DO NOT YSE THIS COMPANY!!
In January 2017,a new boiler was fitted and the following 19 months saw bills of up to £1,130 per quarter which we knew to be massively excessive. You were adamant nothing was wrong,and when we switched to BULB they quickly discovered that we had been charged in cubic feet instead of metres cubed,resulting in an overcharge of approximately 2/3rds. After months and months of begging and pleading you eventually that we had indeed overcharged,and said you were looking into our refund on a critical basis. The exasperation,frustration,and anxiety this has caused us is beyond believe. Shame on you
You never follow up my feedback,i have been in dispute over a bill for over a year,& you keep sending threatning letters & never phone back to resolve i've asked to speak to Milton Keynes on numerous occasions.
No bill history for 12 months despite them taking a monthly direct debit showing 2000 credit. Cancelled contract and issued with a final bill of 2200. Four months later the final bill was reduced to 600. Some of the readings had been transposed and we were being overcharged for 4000 units in has charges. I would urge customers to beware. This has caused so much distress to final resolution
We changed to green star few months ago what a mistake .there charges are a con .promise lower rates ( lies) we are now having to spend more .will never use again.and have switched back to original supplier. Do not use this company. You will regret it.
Horrible customer service, put my bills up by over 50%, I asked customer 'service' why my bills went up so much all of a sudden and they couldn't tell me. I asked can you revert it back to what it was as my account was £260 in credit, they said yes but I had to ask for this. I asked why would anyone not want this done and she said some people do!!! I asked would she want this and she refused to answer my question. In short very obtuse, and frankly I feel they are dishonest. Just do not use them. Worst energy company I have ever spoken to. One star rating is too generous imo.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY THEY ARE NO GOOD !!!! Left then in May this year - still waiting final bill - wait for ages to get through - final bill received but meter readings were wrong - complained by email logged a complaint with reference still receiving wrong bills - complaints dept don’t communicate with customer services - bills are charged with estimated readings even though you give them the correct t readings they are the worst energy company I have ever used if you want complication and no clarify stay with them but they are rubbish ! They even lied and said they came round to do reading when they did not ?!
My experience with Greenstar energy has been an absolute nightmare. with their inability to communicate properly to customers and the lengths I had to go through in the first place even too get through to them. Furthermore, when I moved out of the property that was associated with them, I made sure to change energy companies and they would still not leave me alone. To be exact they are still harassing me four months later for a meter reading for a property that I have no association with. Worst energy provider I have ever dealt with. Avoid at all costs.
If it was possible to give zero stars I would. We have been waiting for a refund for over a year for paying a previous tenants debt. Saying we owe them almost £3000 (Not including the previous tenants debt) and not to mention the excessive monthly charges for gas we barely use. They are making it impossible to leave them and constantly threatening us with excessive charges and refusing proper a contract where the monthly fees are capped. Do not go with this company. We’re currently in talks with a solicitor and even considering writing to a paper with our story. Stay away from them!
If it was possible to give zero stars I would. We have been waiting for a refund for over a year for paying a previous tenants debt. Saying we owe them almost £3000 and not to mention the excessive monthly charges for gas we barely use. They are making it impossible to leave them and constantly threatening us with excessive charges and refusing proper a contract where the monthly fees are capped. Do not go with this company. We’re currently in talks with a solicitor and even considering writing to a paper with our story. Stay away from them!
Worst company I have ever dealt with Wish I could give a minus 1 star review. Worst company I have ever dealt with! I have been informing Green Star energy for over 12 months that my app does not work!! I ring up all the time about this and still nothing has been done to rectify the issue. They were taking the wrong amount by direct debit from my account for months which caused me to become £700 in arrears. They also increase your direct debit without informing you. I can not wait to switch utility companies. Please please please do not use green star energy.
I truly wish I could give minus 1 star because this company might actually be the worst company in the UK to deal with. Horrendous, abysmal, extremely useless customer service. Their staff are incompetent, their billing is incomprehensible, even inexplicable by their own representatives. My sincere advice is keep away from them, unless of course you are a committed stress junkie because this company may possibly be your worst nightmare. They may bring about a fiscal crisis in your life. Certainly capable of bringing about an apoplectic eruption that may possibly damage not only your health but also your closest relationships as well as bringing about a financial crisis. Just ask my wife! Last month I had to buy her flowers, this month it cost me dinner. I have been warned that the next eruption costs me a spa break. After months of trying to resolve my account I am still no nearer to settling this account. I am desperate to regain my equilibrium and ditch these atrocious shysters, whose bills jump up and down by thousands of pounds. Honestly, their bills go up and down like an elevator from month to month and their representatives can't explain this incredible phenomenon.
I rate them 0 stars how they treated me no bill they said I owe £1,792.66
Totally incompetent, no idea how to run the business, the customer service is untrained
AVOID, AVOID, AVOID AVOID, AVOID, AVOID. Cannot give no stars or a negative star or I would. Worst customer service I have ever seen. TO BE HONEST THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NON EXISTANT. Sick of e-mailing and getting nowhere. No bills sent out. Wrong tarrif. Asked if I had a Hot Tub, Jacuzzi, Electric Car etc.which would account for high usage, then declared I must be messing with smart meter. Informed them messing with meter a criminal offence so please call Police. Answer as no longer my supplier they cant do anything. CEO Ms Thornton does not answer or even acknowledge e-mails in fact no one acknowledges e-mails phone calls or anything else. They now trying the intimidation tactic of debt recovery. Fine. Wont be intimidated. Matter now with the Ombudsman. PS Changed to British Gas dual fuel and low and behold first quarter bill arrived couple of weeks ago showing nearly £400 in credit. This company should not be allowed to supply anything. Couldnt supply fish and chips properly. Totally useless in every sense of the word. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WARNED.
Went with Greenstar after signing up to the Energy Club for a better deal away from the big six energy companies and would have paid less had I been on a premium tariff with British gas! It's SO expensive and a complete con in my experience. Like some other previous customers, when I came to leave I was landed with a £738 bill plus after paying that they asked for a further £45 and it was never adequately explained why that amount wasn't part of my final bill. TERRIBLE service and avoid them at all costs. Feel like I've been conned. I think this might be the next PPI scandal.
Green Star Energy UK is rated 1.05 based on 73 reviews