Green Star Energy UK Reviews

7% of reviewers recommend Green Star Energy UK
10AM
10AM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Green Star Energy UK?

Tell us how Green Star Energy UK made you happy

"The worst energy company in the world. this company are a bunchbof frausters. Devils running this company. Stay well away"
Are you Green Star Energy UK? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Avoid green star at all costs. No customer service what so ever, no one seems to know what they are talking about. They make the prices up, put bills up over 100% which was never agreed to. No one must talk to each other or write notes on accounts as everyone you speak to, you get something different. Never ring back when they say they would, always have to chase them"
"They are the worst energy provider I have dealt with. I have provided with Meter Readings regularly and they still produce bills based on their ESTIMATES of my energy consumption. By doing this, each bill I have received was higher than it was supposed to. I was lucky enough to have found a couple of decent Customer Support representative who actually understood the issue and were supposed to rectify it (they confirmed they did) and yet, with the next bill I was back to square one each time. Most of the Customer Representative talk following some script and act like parrots, and most times, when/if you need their help, it is like talking to a wall. Utterly USELESS."
"Firstly, Green Star Energy suddenly raised the amount I was paying per month by 25%, even though my account was in credit. I therefore decided to leave a few months later, when my contract ended. I am now waiting for them to refund a considerable amount of money. The day before my account switched over they took another direct debit. I have been told that I have to wait until a final bill can be generated, which could take up to six weeks."
"Do not expect any help from the customer services at any point! If something goes wrong, you're screwed! My meter started over-recording badly and I spent 5 months trying to sort out something with them. Every phone call I make they tell me they are fixing it and it never gets there. The story goes as such: * First call: They made me do some stupid test and send them how much my gas meter recorded via e-mail. They never replied to my e-mail. * Second call: They told me they would get back to me on the e-mail. They never did. * Third cal: They told me they will send someone to take my meter for testing. They arranged a date for the engineer to come. * Fourth call: On the morning the engineer was supposed to come I had the feeling it won't show up and I called for confirmation. They told me he will be a bit later than the slot but will come. No one showed up. * Fifth call: They told me the engineer will get in contact to reschedule. Never happened. * First formal complaint e-mail: They say on their website that they acknowledge the complaints in 24 hours. This did not happen. * Second formal complaint e-mail: Sent 2 days after the first one. It's been over a month. No reply to either of them. Now, I cannot escalate it to ombudsman for another 1-2 months or so (some months has to pass before the first complaint before you can reach them) I just changed supplier and will hope to fix it with a different one."
"We received three letters for a person I do not know and has never lived at my address. Two I returned and the third I opened . It was from their solicitor demanding a payment or it would be a summons. I have never been with Green Star . I have emailed Green Star three times also phoned but could not get through . I managed to get hold of their solicitor on the phone and she said they must have sent her the wrong address . The last letter came just before Easter and the letter said we would have to pay in seven days so we were really worried in case any body would come to our door .My husband is ill and we do not need the stress. The Customer Service needs to get their act together and act promptly . I would not give them any Stars."
"We inherited Green Star energy when we moved into our new house and have had no end of problems. We are now leaving to join a new provider and the problems are still ongoing. Incorrect final bills, their complete and utter inability to answer emails or the telephone, conflicting communication from staff members when you do finally get to speak to someone the list goes on. Whatever you do don’t use this company!"
"For 3 years on a Dual Fuel Fixed Term Contract with Fixed Gas Unit Rate and Fixed Electric Unit Rate and Fixed Standard Charges with Green Star Energy. I had no problems until I announced I would be leaving them at the end of the 3 year term. I asked them to provide me with a final bill which I quickly paid in full. Next I was sent an incorrect bill. I soon noticed they had worked out the new revised bill using incorrect Gas Unit Rates and incorrect Electricity Rates based on my Welcome pack three years before. Immediately, I contacted Customer Services to let them know of the errors the company had made. At this stage in proceedings I read the reviews on Trustpilot and decided to record all my future phone calls with them. (Highly recommended) It was at this point, at my request, they sent me a corrected bill. My delight was short lived after I noticed the Gas and Electricity Rates were now correct BUT both Standard Charges used were far higher than on the original Fixed Term Contract Welcome Pack. These new figures had been back dated for the entire 3 year contract. Once again I contacted Customer Services to make a Formal Complaint regarding the incorrect Revised Final Bill. I was transferred to a dedicated Complaint Handler who initially agreed that the Standard Charges shown on the bill were wrong. After talking to her Supervisor I was told the Standard Charges were correct. Obviously I didn’t agree so I informed them I was going to the Energy Ombudsman with my complaint. Green Star Energy began sending me emails that threatened me, if I didn’t pay the incorrect bill, they would be notifying bailiffs to recover the money. For 8 weeks I had to endure the threatening emails to give the company a chance to sort out my Formal Complaint. At the end of 8 weeks the company had not sorted out my complaint so I contacted the Energy Ombudsman. I sent them a copy of the Original Welcome Pack which included all the agreed Fixed Term Energy Rates and Standard Charges. I included all the sound files of my telephone conversations. Eventually the Case was found in my favour and the company was ordered to remove the incorrect second final bill and pay me compensation. The company were given six weeks to fulfill the demands. 3 days before the end of the 6 week period I had to contact the Ombudsman to report the compensation had not been paid. They immediately chased up the missing compensation and I am pleased to say the whole Case was finally closed. During this whole procedure Green Star Energy lied to me and knowingly used incorrect figures on my final bills. After having no problems for 3 years with my Fixed Term Energy Contract, the way I was treated by the company was appalling. My advice would be to avoid Green Star Energy until they begin to get excellent reviews from genuine customers showing they have changed their devious behaviour. You have been warned"
"only after your money be warned"
"I'm a current customer, have experienced extremely poor customer service, with inconsistent communications between teams, poorly worded emails, a telephone support line that doesn't pickup the phone and a website that is basic at best."
"I would love to give zero but it won’t let me, I’ve tried phoning, emails (plenty) but nobody seems to work at this place as it’s impossible to contact them, they will quickly take your money, even though they made big mistakes with mine, If possible please stay well clear of this amateur bunch, probably worth paying a little extra for someone with decent contact service as this crowd are the worst I have encountered, even gave me some direct email to contact, which I did (twice) and still waiting to hear back"
"Impossible to get a response to emails and need to hang on phone for ages. Still doesn't resolve problems. Email to complaints dept not even acknowledged."
"I changed energy supplier on 22nd September and submitted my meter reads to both Green Star and my new supplier. I received confirmation from Green Star of loss of service and was told to contact them in 8 weeks time if I wanted to have my balance refunded... first issue - why do they not automate any refunds?! I called after the 8 weeks were up and was told my new supplier had failed to submit the meter reads to the national database and to go away and talk to them... So I called them and they confirmed they were submitted on 24th September. Called Green Star back, after over 30 minutes discussion with someone who was blatantly flipping through prompt cards I asked to speak with a supervisor, unfortunately none were available after waiting on hold for one for a further 25 minutes so they promised me a call back within 48 hours. That never happened. A third phone call resulted in the same thing, I asked to complain and was told I needed to speak to a supervisor to do so, however they were not available again. I requested a call back and again was promised one, but again no call back. Eventually received a letter from them saying they were going to look into my complaint and a dedicated complaint handler would be in touch, 14 days later still no contact so called them. Another 30 minutes on hold to speak with the complaints team. My record shows that yes, there is still a dispute on my account and no, I can't have my money back until they resolve the dispute with my new supplier (a difference of FOUR units on one read). They are now going to contact the new supplier and discuss but this can take four or six weeks. It is disgusting that they are allowed to hold on to over £300 of my money and only the fact I have eventually spoken to them are they initiating the process of contacting the new energy supplier when they could have started the process weeks ago and I could now be reunited with my money! Absolutely shocking service - great price for services but you pay the price if anything goes wrong or you want to leave!"
"My 84 year old mother changed her energy provider and after chasing Green Star for a final bill eventually received one which overcharged her for the standard daily rate on both fuels. Because of this they owe her money and have not responded to several e-mail which have been sent to them. The ombudsman will be involved with this when they reach the deadline date to respond. I will always stay with the big names in future who are contactable."
"fantastic price's on gas and electricity, a lot, lot cheaper than the 'big 6', i have saved nearly £2000 over my 3 years with them, and they award their customer's with points which they can use to get 'smart home' product's, i can't fault them."
Green Star Energy UK is rated 1.27 based on 15 reviews