Gousto Reviews

of reviewers recommend Gousto

Tell us how Gousto made you happy
Continuous good range of recipes. The only thing I would improve is sometimes the veg isn't as fresh as it could be e.g. spring onions, carrots, tomatoes and the expiry of the meat is very short lived
Always fresh ingredients and packed well . Easy to follow recipes and good choice
(10) - Posted 1 month ago
I started using Gousto back in January to kick start a bit of a focus on cooking from scratch and budget control. I'm really pleased I did as it has been so useful having whole meals delivered during lockdown. The vast majority of meals are great and it's so much easier that everything just comes ready to cook. I've had a couple of issues with damaged veg and the very occasional piece of food that is past its best but Gousto has refunded me some of the costs. I have more problems with delivery as they use a really bad courier company who either leaves our box in the wrong place or throws it down so hard that food is squashed and ruined. They have also turned up so late on a couple of occasions that I can't use the food to cook that night's meal. However, one of their customer service team helpfully suggested I change my day for a different experience - different courier and a day earlier so I am not worrying about it turning up late. These are minor issues and I still prefer Gousto to having to meal plan and order all the food from the supermarket. I do use another box delivery service as a backup and I prefer Gousto recipes on the whole - the variety is great.
Love love love not having to think about what to cook and always end up with a very tasty delicious meal.
(9) - Posted 1 month ago
Really good quality products and good portions for 2 people. Theres a varied choice so no more wondering what to have for dinner. I like being adventurous so have cooked some new dishes which have gone down a treat with my partner and I. Only one or two minor glitches with my order but these have been resolved quickly to my satisfaction. Good customer service too.
I got stuck in a rut of not knowing what to cook for my family, but now loving getting back in the kitchen cooking from fresh . Gousto meals are so delicious and was a life saver for me .
Overall a great experience, and separating out the ingredients into individual bags is hugely helpful. Changes to the cooler packs is also very welcome, as is the readymeal options. My only negative is that many of the readymeals need to be kept flat (eg lasagne, fish pie, etc), and often when they arrive they haven’t been kept flat aren’t as tasty as a result.
I’ve used gousto on and off for over a year and always found it convenient and easy. Over lockdown, I moved my subscription to weekly and it’s been a godsend. We have eaten well using fresh ingredients and tried lots of different recipes and foods. We also now eat with the children, which we don’t normally do and I’ve found it easy to tailor the recipes if I know it’s something they aren’t keen on, or remove/change a veg or add less spice.
Some would say it’s expensive but we’ve spent less in the local shops each week as it’s only the basic store cupboard and lunches we’ve had to buy for. Also the children eat smaller portions, so we’ve been able to have leftovers which my husband takes for lunch the following day.
Overall I will be keeping my weekly subscription as there’s no reason I can think of not to.
Such a convenient way to eat a wide range of delicious meals - I can’t imagine life without it
I really love Gousto's boxes. The meals are really tasty and easy enough to follow along and cook! I do wish that where a recipe calls for additional ingredients that a 'shopping list' would be provided in the order summary. It's not a massive complaint, but I don't always have milk or butter in the house, so it would be useful to have a reminder!

Other than that I really love the boxes, they help me to try new things, and it's a massive help to have everything weighed and ready to go. And I love the dedication to making the boxes more recyclable. Thank you.
Relieves the monotony of mid week dining, pushing you out of your rut. Wouldn't be without it.
Food is great but to be honest the time frames against how long it takes to prepare on based on you being a chef and are therefore not realistic, there is some much more preparation time needed. Think more 20 mins meals at this time are needed. Thanks Lisa
Good menu options and generally quick delivery on day. Packaging recyclable which is great. Could do with being able to order 5 options a week instead of 4
I love Gousto and their meals. I have tried other meal boxes but the triumph of Gousto is that the meals are delicious and you only need to make a final decision a matter of days before and as a pescatarian, and Gousto gives me more choice. However the only reason I didn't give 5 stars is that I would like the opportunity to have more than 4 meals delivered (some allow 6).
Gousto takes the time and effort out of cooking and meal planning. Before we started using them I had definitely fallen out of love with cooking, and was falling back on the same old recipes time after time. Now we are cooking more, and eating better.
We really like Gousto, but every now and again our ingredients aren't the best quality. We mainly suffer with carrots - they always seem to be very bendy!

Would like to see more healthy options too if possible.
Recipe's are so easy to follow.
(D668278c741772a98ea6138d78eab2ec) - Posted 4 months ago
Good offers
Excellent customer service, very quick and friendly service on the phone lines if any problems. Excellent range of meal options compared to competitors, and slightly cheaper than competitors too. Portion sizes perfect, and items in the box are of good quality. Meat especially so. Only complaint is price per portion does seem a little high (for my budget anyway), however I am paying for the convenience and recipes I suppose.
Gousto is rated 3.21 based on 238 reviews