Gousto Reviews

of reviewers recommend Gousto

Tell us how Gousto made you happy
The food is amazing - faultless. Sadly the customer service and rudeness of the staff lets the Company down. An error was made with my order resulting in double delivery at a cost of £60.00. When I contacted Customer services I was told it was my error they would not reimburse or cancel order and any food I couldn’t use due to short dates to cook up, give to neighbours or donate to a food bank. Not helpful when you’re frustrated over an administrative error. Particularly as I believe it was not an error on my part but the customer services advisor would not listen.
Hi Jenny Rose, I am truly sorry to hear this, can you please get in touch with us via http://www.gousto.co.uk/get-help/contact and we will see how we can solve this issue for you. thank you, kind regards Ivy
Regrettably we have just cancelled our Gousto account. Not because of delivery issues, not because of the recipes (which are great) and not because of the cost. It’s to do with ingredients consistently missing. Having to go to the shop to buy a missing ingredient completely defeats the point of having Gousto. I’m honestly gutted as it’s a great product. Please sort it out guys!!
Hi, Thank you for reaching out to us. I am truly sorry to hear that you have had constant issues with missing ingredients in your box and would really like to discuss this with you further as it's certainly not the service we wanted, or expect, you to receive. If you'd like to discuss this further please get in touch via the help section of your account. Best Wishes, Fadumo - Gousto Team
I have been a customer since July. l have been extremely happy with the range of recipes and the quality of the ingredients until this last month a lot of the ingredients are on their last leg when the box arrives so I have to eat them in order of staleness also the variety of recipes have disappeared you are putting the same ones in (besides the family favourites) every week if you can't come up with new ones dig into your vaults and choose ones from a couple of years ago. Also PLEASE tell the packers not to put tins on delicate items.
Hi Victoria, Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I'm glad to hear that you're happy with the range of recipes we offer, but it's disappointing that you've had a decline in quality recently! There are at least 1 or 2 new recipes that are added to the menu every week, and we also release new ranges regularly, such as the current 'Seoul Train' range which contains Korean inspired dishes. A few things have been challenging in recent months such as the opening of a new factory, however I'm told these issues have been ironed out now so you shouldn't see issues in your box much longer. I will also pass the feedback on about the way your box is packed and this certainly isn't ideal if tins are being packed on top of soft items. I'd really love to get this sorted for you so could you please could you send me a message with a breakdown the issues you've had, along with your postcode, email address and full name linked to your Gousto account, by clicking ‘Get in touch’ on Gousto.co.uk/Help and select ‘Trustpilot/Review’ from the drop-down menu, I'll be able to help resolve this for you. Warm wishes, Zara - The Gousto Team
Can’t fault the food but will unfortunately be cancelling my subscription due to the amount of times there’s quite a considerable amount of ingredients missing from the box. Sometimes half the box is missing, sometimes only one ingredient but it’s every week without fail.
Hi Katie, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I’m really sorry about all the problems you’ve had with missing ingredients in your boxes recently. I can appreciate how frustrating this is for you. We’re taking our responsibility seriously to feed as many families as possible during this time. We recently opened a brand new factory to help us do this, but despite our best efforts we’ve been experiencing some teething issues as we get everything up and running. I assure you that this is temporary and our team is working very hard to overcome these challenges, and we really appreciate your patience. Could you please get in touch via this link, and add your email address, postcode and my name, we will then be able to access your account, to address this issue. https://www.gousto.co.uk/help-centre Best wishes, Winnie - The Gousto Team
Recipes are excellent and very tasty (well the ones we select). Missing ingredients, wine etc. however is starting to be the norm rather than the exception and had a burst tin in his weeks box so will be cancelling our subscription. Same because when it works it's really good.
Hi Alan, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re deeply sorry you haven’t received the same level of service recently. We appreciate how frustrating this has been for you. I agree how disappointing it must be to have a tin burst in your box, I would like to investigate this further. Could you please get in touch via this link, and add your email address, postcode and my name, we will then be able to access your account, to address this issue. https://www.gousto.co.uk/help-centre Best wishes, Winnie - The Gousto Team
The first box I ordered from Gusto a couple of weeks ago I was very, very impressed. However, the box I have just received there where a few packets where opened and a packet of chicken absolutely stunk like it was off and looked brown. The date on the pack was well in date.
Hi there, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm truly sorry to hear of the issues with your recent box, this is not the level of service we want you to have. I'm sorry we let you down. Could you please get in touch via this link, and add your email address, postcode and my name, we will then be able to access your account, to address this issue. https://www.gousto.co.uk/help-centre Best wishes, Winnie - The Gousto Team
Not enough potatoes for both recipes (said we needed 6, only 5 in box)
Hi there, I'm so sorry to hear that you had missing potatoes in your box. This is not the level of service we want to provide to our customers. Could you please get in touch via this link, and add your email address, postcode and my name, we will then be able to access your account, to address this issue. https://www.gousto.co.uk/help-centre Best wishes, Winnie - The Gousto Team
Last delivery Chicken & BB hotpot recipe said broccoli and green beans received. Sweet Chilli pork noodles - no ginger & garlic paste in box. Also in this recipe soya sauce sachet split and some split into carton so needed to top up with our own.
Hi Brian, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm truly sorry to hear of the issues with your box, this is not the level of service we want you to have. I'm sorry we let you down. Could you please get in touch via this link, and add your email address, postcode and my name, we will then be able to access your account, to address this issue. https://www.gousto.co.uk/help-centre Best wishes, Winnie - The Gousto Team
Pre lockdown, amazing. Now, have multiple errors in each meal per box. No longer missing one item you can replace, missing 50% in the box, customer services refund without bothering to give a monkeys as 100's of people waiting no doubt. 3 year relationship, done.
Recipes really good only downfall for me 20% of ingredients poor ie wilted coriander half a carrot rotten pepper.so not bad bit not great
Nice food. Quite small portions. Had 3 deliveries so far. The first one was very late. The second delivery was missing items and the third delivery was missing items and arrived late.
Recipes are fantastic but sadly I’ve ordered 2 boxes now with missing ingredients. No warning about missing items. When I contacted customer service they added the cost of the items to the Gousto account so inevitably you would have to buy another box to get that money back.
Great recipes, great food but continuously missing items
Had my first order this week having decided to give it a try as I,m fed up of thinking of what to cook. Only on recipe 2 and about to report second problem. First was a mouldy pepper (. £2 credit) and now an item is missing. Fortunately I have a bottle of Chinese wine but I bet lots don’t. Order arrived as agreed. Have an order for next week but can’t see me continuing when I have to pay full price.
The convenience is unbeatable, having pre-portioned ingredients arrive on your doorstep without going to the shops is a definite plus. The recipes, on the whole (and with some tweaks), are pretty tasty. However the growing list of negatives and Gousto's complete indifference to resolving issues properly has finally forced us to cancel. - Some of the meat is absolutely awful quality. Particularly the chicken breast/thighs and beef strips. Clearly come from cheapest-of-the-cheap supplier. Recently, more often than not, the meat is scraggy offcuts and falling apart. Can look more like some leftovers from a petfood factory. Also had issues with unsealed packets, gone off meat, poor taste etc. - Questionable "sustainability". Excessive use of plastic sachets and overpackaging. - Very variable veg quality, from mouldy peppers to tasteless tomatoes and soft carrots. Potatoes and onions are often ridiculously small (onions more like shallots and potatoes the size of a plum). - Pretty much every box will have some damaged ingredients. And for stupid reasons, such as spring onions and herbs being chucked in underneath a load of potatoes and tins. - For beginners the recipes are a minefield and most have some sort of issue. Expecting raw potatoes to oven bake in 20 minutes, cooking components in strange orders, omitting key ingredients (but then adding unnecessary accoutrements). - The photos used for promos and the recipe cards are misleading. They clearly do not use the ingredients straight out of a box. For example the beef strips look like nicely trimmed steak when in reality you get something more like dog food. Herbs are always leafy and recipes suggest chopping the whole pack - in reality you get 30% woody stalk. - The final nail in their coffin is the complete and utter indifference when you complain. All you get is an automated part-credit (only a couple of quid), or a customer service agent who does the same and promises "to investigate". Then the same issue continues to happen week after week. I genuinely believe I never had to pay for a full price box due to the volume of issues / credits applied.
The food is fine, i like the recipes and the variety. However, i don't like the fact i keep getting ingredients missing and they don't advertise well enough on the app when certain recipes need special equipment e.g. a food processor. Sounds silly I know but there was one meal I simply couldn't make because of it and was really disappointed. Opened the box today to see there was a missing recipe, yes it's not a massive deal cause you can just use the recipe on the app but just getting fed up that I'm paying £38 a week with a box that isn't fully complete. Take better care when packing the gousto boxes gousto or you'll lose custom very fast. Also, I have to prioritise what I eat each day based on the use by dates. Usually the meat is fine but I would prefer to actually be able to choose by preference rather than worrying what day the meat will go off.
gusto before covid was a favorite.. i was shocked and a bit bummed they dropped the mushrooms from the menu; they were of signature taste and flavor.
Hi David, Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! This really does help us improve our service! I have let the team know about this! If you do have any further feedback for us, do not hesitate to contact us through the 'Help Centre' of our page. Best wishes, The Gousto Team - Kai
The menus, ingredients, and instructions are excellent, but in these times a principal reason for using Gousto is that it avoids the risks associated with shopping, particularly if one is sheltering. If the main ingredient, such as the meat, is missing and one has to go out and buy it, which has happened twice in a few weeks, the point of Gousto is largely lost. The compensation of £1.60 is totally beside the point.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback Sheida! We are so sorry to hear about this and we would like to review this matter for you. If you could get in touch with us via the 'Help Centre', we will be able to take a further look. The Gousto Team - Kai
Food is decent but the price fluctuates too much, needs to stay at the lower price or it becomes expensive for what you get.
Great idea, tasty and healthy meals. I’ve eaten a lot more veg than I normally would and the recipes are so easy to follow. Lots of people say the ingredients is poor quality but I disagree. The only thing I will say is the size of the meals are tiny! Not enough for myself and partner, and I’m only small but left hungry after eating. For £25 (offer price) I didn’t mind as I could add my own pasta/rice/chicken etc. to make meals a bit bigger but I won’t be paying £35 from now on solely due to the small portions which is a shame!
Gousto is rated 2.83 based on 498 reviews