Gousto Reviews

of reviewers recommend Gousto

Tell us how Gousto made you happy
Would give zero if I could. Still waiting a manager call back
Posted 34 minutes ago
Week 1 - arrived at 8.15pm despite being told it would arrive between 8am and 7pm
Week 2 - cucumber with full middle missing
Week 3 - 22.04 and still no delivery now being delivered a day late tomorrow, imagine after a day and night in a van that it’ll be defrosted
Their customer service is awful too, never refund just add £3 voucher!
Found a feather in my meal? Contacted them 4 times and promised to contact me but as yet nothing!I have photos and kept said meal expecting them to want analysis but obviously not !I think it came in the spinach and although it was washed I failed to notice it until I was eating .
Not got a delivery scheduled now till 24th of august. They have took £25 out of my account and no order has been placed. Do not use. Stay well away
What a joke! Flour and Turmeric for the fish and chip batter mix?! No liquid? Pathetic excuse. I’d rather have my dads sandwiches, AND there full of butter, yuk! Rob was right! Wait till you smell the bacon then come down! At least teddy’s allowed upstairs at the weekend! Shove the fish and chips up your arses.
Our 1st order is coming later today (Thursday) all 4 dishes we ordered from email sent from them says they will be out of date by Monday & had already planned dinner for 2 days. Very short life so be prepared to have to eat the meals as soon as they are delivered. If they were that fresh, they would last longer. Cancelled any further orders.
took 47 quid for a box I didn't order and STILL no refund!!
For the second time now they took £47 from my account of which av never ordered this food was thrown out av no idea
What the second is
I would like my money back
The service used to be great but this changed majorly. They paused my subscription for four months due to coronavirus and reactivated our of the blue without my permission, refused to give me full refund, I agreed to 50% refund a months ago. Refund is still not processed and they stopped responding to my emails. On top of it their delivery driver refused to comply with coronavirus rules in our development, threw a box at reception and upset the lady at the reception to the point she called me in tears to complain. I reported this to gousto, they promised to investigate and again never got back to me despite three reminders. I am done with this company for good.
Placed my order on the app, my orders always come on a Tuesday. I received a n email saying that it is now coming on Saturday... I rang to ask 1. Why this had happened and 2. For the order to be moved to arrive on my usual Tuesday slot. I was told this would be impossible,I have now cancelled my Gousto account, can’t believe customer service cannot action a change like that. To make it worse, I am away Friday-Sunday and so this order will just sit on my doorstep and go to waste. I HAD liked Gousto up until this point but I can’t believe they are so unhelpful for what should be a quick fix.
Absolutely disgusted with this company. I paused my subscription as I can’t afford to use them due to the coronavirus. Somehow they have re-activated my account and charged me £47.00 for a box of food I haven’t picked. I don’t even like any of the food being delivered!! After calling customer services to cancel the order from arriving tomorrow I was told I can’t cancel it but they would give me a discount. I DONT WANT A DISCOUNT OR HE FOOD DELIVERY I JUST WANT MY MONEY BACK. I explained there is no way I would ever let someone else pick food for my family so why had this happened?? Still no further forward, £47.00 down in bank account and food arriving that none of my family like l. Absolutely FUMING 😤
I cancelled my deliveries and still had messages saying you have 5 days to
Complete your order?? What order?? This happened until it got down too 1day left , then the next day they took £34.99 out of my account with out my authorisation! Who the hell do they think they are taken money from my account when I haven’t even picked any meals or made an order?? Leave well alone once your in with them it’s hard to get out and takes another 5/7 working days for a refund! This also happened to my daughter twice , next time ombudsman for a crooked company!
Not used them for a while as the quality is just not as good as it once was but thought i may give it another go....however...Gousto took the money out of my bank account for an order i did not complete i changed my mind and left the page (be careful). Now got it cancelled but need to wait 3 to 5 days for the money to go back into my account. Now complete cancelled will never use them again. DONE
Don’t bother first box arrive damaged the second one didn’t arrive at all! Terrible customer service
First off the boxes, meals and recipes are all great. No faults
The problem is delivery and customer service when things go wrong.
After getting a few boxes and awaiting my 4th, I got a message to say it had been delivered through my letterbox. LOL
Customer service looked into this and a day later came back saying it had been delivered to the wrong address and that it sound now have been delivered. (Not the case) their solution was a refund of the box (in way of voucher) enough compensation to by a single pudding.
Oh and the delivery service was YODEL

This same thing has now happened again, exactly the same to a friend of mine from the same town!
Bought it, items missing asked for refund was given credit instead worth £3 which is worthless and to top it off the meat had gone off 1 day after delivery.
Very dissapointed having a box arrive that I did not order and being charged £47 for. I am hugely dissapointed in this as I was hoping to order 1 off boxes but now I feel I have to cancel my whole account. I asked for a full refund due to not ordering the box and that 3 out of the 4 recipes they chose are not suitable for my family!! Really really dissapointed especially with the current situation and people not being able to afford luxuries like this! Seems very money grabbing at an unfortunate time.
First box was ace, good variety of recipes. However since then there has been items missing / damaged in every box. The last box recd the ice pack had completely leaked and spoiled all the contents of the box. Contacted gousto for refund of the full box £34.99 and they sent me £4.
Quality has gone down hill fast and suspect that this is a result of huge demand. Disappointed with the overall service and quality of food. Originally signed up as thought it was good but now I can just as easily buy all the products cheaper in my local supermarket and get them delivered to my home. Think carefully before you sign up
I looked at the Gousto website to see prices for a family member, did not press check out yet 4 meals are being delivered to me today. Contacted customer support who did not help at all and told me I placed an order when I know I did not. Why auto checkout if you have food in your cart? I was just price checking and now it is going to go to waste. Also when I send further emails to them it just says "Sorry we did not receive your email"
Really, really gone down hill.
Have been using for years yet the last few months I've had rotten chicken and missing items in the last three boxes. I was told I'd be given a meal for free. This never happened.
I also was one of the people to have the mysterious box turn up, unordered !!
I'm off to Hello Fresh.