Gousto Reviews

of reviewers recommend Gousto

Tell us how Gousto made you happy
Similarly I ordered a box and paid £24. I unexpectedly received

another box of food the following week which I had not ordered but which Gousto had deducted another £24 for. I have just spoken to them and so far they have refused to return my £24 saying that I had subscribed...which I had not. Then I was told I had been sent an e-mail which told me that if I didn't decline they would choose another box of food for me and send it!!!! On reading those e-mails I discovered that this is in fact what happened. How is this right? I believe this to be a fraudulent and deceitful way to conduct business and will be contacting trading standard if this is not resolved to my satisfaction.
As a long term customer, have been disappointed with the quality of the ingredients recently. We’ve had a lot of vegetables that I would consider past their best, herbs that have been mushy on arrival, and in the past 3 weeks missing ingredients. We’ve been offered money back but this hasn’t materialised.
I looked at the Gousto website to see prices for a family member, did not press check out yet 4 meals are being delivered to me today. Contacted customer support who did not help at all and told me I placed an order when I know I did not. Why auto checkout if you have food in your cart? I was just price checking and now it is going to go to waste. Also when I send further emails to them it just says "Sorry we did not receive your email"
We have used Gousto for the past few months, having boxes most weeks up to the lockdown. Since then we haven’t had boxes due to the reduced menu. Yesterday, I noticed that a payment was pending to Gousto and an order had been placed with three meals we would not like. I contacted Gousto and was told that chefs choose the menus if you don’t (even though that hasn’t happened in the previous four months at all) and it was too late to cancel. I didn’t receive and email to tell me a box was on it’s way. I requested this be sent to a charity or organisation where vulnerable people could make use of the meals but was told it couldn’t be changed, even though delivery isn’t scheduled for another two days. Very disappointed as previous meals were on the whole very nice.
As a loyal customer of Gousto since they started trading who orders a box every week, they have decided to take on a huge number of new customers and dump their loyal ones with no delivery slots, well I hope your new customers will continue with you when this is all over !
The box arrived today without the full ingredients for ANY of the meals. They offered to credit my account £5 but after looking into realised that it would cost more than this to replace the missing items! That of course is if I can get them at all. Looks very much like they can’t cope with the increase in demand (had a look at the previous reviews) so I wouldn’t recommend if to you need a reliable service because you are in isolation.
Another company who doesn’t look after their loyal customers. Very disappointed with you service and when you need your local customers back, I hope they shop somewhere different.
I have been using gousto for nearly two months, having recommended lots of people I was informed today that my account was out on pause which I did not do! And now I won’t be receiving any more boxes at this time with everything going on! Great the whole reason I signed up to this was because I’m heavily pregnant and I know I would always have healthy food in for my family! And now I don’t have anything, yet all the people I have recommended are enjoy there boxes I’m here with NOTHING! I must also say my last box I was also kind enough to delay my box by 2 days to help them out with this busy period! Not good customer service atal!!!
I have also tried to sort this via email, live chat and phone!
Have been gousto customer for well over a year...
Back from holiday and no deliveries available... expected loyal customers to be preferential regarding deliveries.... obviously not the case....
Will remember this when deliveries return to normal. You are just a number to them.....
I have cancelled my subscription with you on my account and you have still sent me a box!
There is no one to speak to or email. What am I supposed to do?
This was my first box, all but two of the tins are dented, one of the lemons has a large poor spot at one end, and the box only contained two small potatoes, whereas the recipes detailed that 14 potatoes were required in total. Therefore I will need to go out and purchase more potatoes, which defeats the point of having complete meals delivered. Not a good first impression at all.
I am shocked by the number of bad reviews. We have nothing but good things to say. We love it so much that we get Gousto for all 7 days of the week. It is so delicious, wonderful quality and works out cheaper than what we would spend on groceries, with loads less waste. We love it. I never want to live without Gousto.
I really like the idea of gousto and the recipes are good but the courier service is awful. On two occasions, the delivery driver didn’t knock on the door, ignored our delivery instructions, dropped our boxes from height on the floor. The first time this happened, I raised a complaint and gousto said this would be handled. The second time, it wasn’t. The delivery eh driver looked in our living room window, saw we were in and dropped the box from height at our door. I opened the door and tried to speak to the delivery driver but he repeatedly ignored me and drove off. The response from gousto when I called to tell them was poor - just an apology and another promise that this would be resolved. We no longer will order from them, it’s really disappointing.
You believe to have your account on pause. Yet they still send boxes that were not ordered. Be very careful. When you complain you are ignored.
Broken items in box, food out of date, items had to be thrown away.
Customer service did not reply to email or any contact.
Avoid this company. Looks like they are more interested in the idea of their brand than actually following through with the company ethos.
They are not free they taken £47 out of my bank asap and I have to wait 3-5 working days for a refund don't not use them they are a rip off
Very dissapointed having a box arrive that I did not order and being charged £47 for. I am hugely dissapointed in this as I was hoping to order 1 off boxes but now I feel I have to cancel my whole account. I asked for a full refund due to not ordering the box and that 3 out of the 4 recipes they chose are not suitable for my family!! Really really dissapointed especially with the current situation and people not being able to afford luxuries like this! Seems very money grabbing at an unfortunate time.
Be careful even when you don’t order they send you boxes
(10) - Posted 1 month ago
Gousto has made our lives so much easier. Being parents there’s just so much to think about so taking away the stress of coming up with meal ideas or the same boring meals every week has been the best decision we’ve ever made. We’ve had Gousto for just over 15 months and it’s been such a great experience! Thank you!
(9) - Posted 1 month ago
Quality has slipped quite a bit lately, when first started with gousto we loved it. Nice dishes and quality products, but last 3 deliveries have sub par, with the last two having spoiled chicken that Stank despite being well in date according to label, so.cancelled subscription.
Gousto is rated 3.23 based on 236 reviews