Gousto Reviews

of reviewers recommend Gousto

Tell us how Gousto made you happy
Theres a lot of negative reviews here however I disagree with. The food delivery boxes for me have been great. I ve really enjoyed the meals so far that I ve made (about 4 boxes worth) I get the box that is for 4 people even though there is two of us and I freeze the meals and keep for another night/work lunch boxes.( and heres my link that gets your first box for £19 instead of £47! Plus a free wooden spoon! https://cook.gousto.co.uk/raf?promo_code=ALISO32048511&utm_source=iosapp)
Its been great not having to do big food shops and deciding what to cook every night! The level of service provided by gousto is very good- my box was late last week and within minutes I was speaking to a member of their team who was very helpful and resolved the issue very quickly. All of the meals so far have been very tasty- I thought a food delivery box initially would be a waste of money but now for the convenience, ease of cooking/ less food shopping and tasty dinners i am a convert and will be continuing with gousto
First time great, 2nd time Took money, no delivery... What else can I say?!! Steer clear, utter con.
Seriously disappointed. Tried Gousto after trying Hello Fresh. I was super impressed with Hello Fresh so thought I would check out the competition. Let's just say that if I'd tried Gousto 1st it would have been one and only flirt with an ingredient delivery service.

Vegetables mouldy and could not be used for the first meal I went to cook (which was on Tuesday having taken delivery of box on Sunday), even the garlic. I didn't even know that garlic could go mouldy! I've have some in the fridge for weeks which I ended up using and was in better shape. The meat portions are also TINY. 170g for two people, but even worse, tomorrow we have a curry to look forward to with a whole 1 breast between 2, and a ramen in Friday again with 1 breast between 2. Basically we are going to have to use both chicken portions tomorrow and buy more. Don't get me wrong, the meat portions in hello fresh aren't as big as I'd have if I got it myself, but we at least had a breat each! Also, Gousto just give you crappy stock cubes, hello fresh give you stock pots - trust me, it makes a huge difference!

Don't waste your money.
They are unreliable! Orders have not arrived and when they do key ingredients are missing! I’ve ordered 5 or 6 boxes and I’ve had issues with 3! This defeats the whole purpose of the service which is supposed to make mealtimes easier! It’s a shame because the meals are delicious and the food is good quality it also saves times thinking about what to cook and purchasing supermarket quantities for one meal which may not be used again! Think I’ll try hello fresh to see if they are more reliable!
I ordered my first box with 3 average meals. In a week time I noticed that £29.99 left my account again for another 3 meals. I believe I chose the 'one off option', therefore quickly checked my account to realise that they not only charged me for recipes that I did not choose or want, but it is coming in 3 days time and I cannot do anything about it.

I straight away cancelled my account and requested a refund explaining the situation. Joshua out of the customer service team answered me saying that it was well explained what I signed up for and that I received an email to choose the new recipes, but as I did not choose anything, the chef went ahead and chose the new meals based on my preferences. He also said they are unable to give me a refund, but could give me 30 % back as a good will gesture.

First of all: I chose a one off order, therefore no it is not fair to go ahead and charge me every week for something that I did not sign up for.
Also, when I got an email to choose the meals I thought it was just them trying to get me to order again. I would have never imagined that they have the cheek to choose recipes for me and go like: since you did not choose, here you go.
And the cheekiest of it all is him saying 'based on your preferences'.
My first box only consisted meals that are vegetarian and pescetarian, because that is what I am. Then they chose spaghetti bolognese and chicken curry and say it is based on my preference is a bit out of order and very disrespectful.

I will not take the box, thank you very much. They can keep my money, if they need it that much, but no thank you, I do not want to receive something that I DID NOT ORDER. What should I do with meat? Highly unprofessional.

If the box is attempted to be delivered, I will refuse to take it. Disgusting customer service. It is a shame because I might have given it another go at some point, but now I will tell everyone how ridiculous of a company this is.
Okay good but absolutely awful customer service. I was promised a refer a friend discount but they wouldn't allow it claiming that my account details were duplicated and implying i already had an account. They refused to give me the discount i was entitled to, and it took over an hour on customer services to deal with this as the replies were so slow and unhelpful. Additionally, one of my friends who uses gousto had a box arrive FIVE DAYS LATE and was not offered a refund.
I had a Gousto rep call at the house to tell me about the service the company provides. Excitedly i placed an order but it failed to be delivered. When I called the helpline they had no record of my order and despite their best efforts they could not trace my order. I am now having to contact MasterCard to get a refund on my credit card. A lot of hassle. Don't use this service.
Gousto is rated 3.19 based on 289 reviews