Gousto Reviews

of reviewers recommend Gousto

Tell us how Gousto made you happy
1st time ordering, said it was out for delivery according to gousto website. Yodel website saying different as it said was waiting for parcel! so it hadnt even been dispatched. bare in mind i ordered 3 weeks in advance! No food now, I ordered as I am isolating so now i have to go to the supermarket tomorrow and tonight have to spend more money on a takeaway!
Gousto is slightly more expensive than another meal box that we usually get, but so far I can see why. I am riding the discount wave at the moment; I shall see if I pay the extra when that ends. I struggle with paying extra unless it is truly worth it...as at heart, I am constantly trying to pinch the pennies with five kids and 2 adults in the house.
Another massive positive re Gousto is the choice. Absolutely phenomenal! No rivals in that dept!
I have loved working through the menus and trying new things. It is also brilliant to have everything just there are your fingertips and no waste. Certainly well worth doing.
Great range to choose from, love having so many quick meals to choose from
The food is good but customer service is shocking. Last weeks order was £37. They have now tried to take the best part of £150 out of my account for that one order. They have voided the ones that are not due but of course they remain as pended on my account. This company clearly can’t be trusted with your financial details, having spoken to them they’ve apologised and said it happens from time to time. Seriously???? They even tried to blame it on my bank. Avoid!!!!!
Last delivery
Chicken & BB hotpot recipe said broccoli and green beans received.
Sweet Chilli pork noodles - no ginger & garlic paste in box. Also in this recipe soya sauce sachet split and some split into carton so needed to top up with our own.
When they work well the food is good & fresh, and there is a good choice of recipes. Unfortunately as soon as something goes wrong e.g. missing box of food or missing item, then they are hopeless, no communication, unavailable on the phone and worst of all, unapologetic.
The food itself is really good with prompt delivery, good taste and good quality ingredients. However their customer service is HORRENDOUS! Especially a lady named Princess (real name, not being sarcastic).

I asked for my box to be cancelled on the chat function. Waited 10+ mins and Princess still had not confirm if it has been cancelled, so I asked her to confirm. Princess replied "the box has been cancelled". Then why didn't she confirm to me? My account was also charged twice without my permission. Again, I checked it with Princess but her reply was extremely unhelpful, she also doesn't show any initiative to help me solve my queries.

I expressed my frustration at their system and her attitude, not only she didn't apologise, she got even ruder afterwards.

So I phoned their office to lodge a complaint and reconfirm that my box has been cancelled. The lady on the phone told me that my box cannot be cancelled as I've committed to it, even when Princess has confirmed that the box has been cancelled!

Still waiting for them to get back to me, but I'd never want anything to do with this company ever again! In such competitive market, you can find soooo many other providers like Hello Fresh, Mindful Chef, Simply Cook, that would go above and beyond to make sure you have a wonderful customer experience.
Fab service, delivery on time and packaged well. Amazing recipes.
No waste.
Inspiring me with confidence with my cooking.
Love it!!!
My next purchase is a folder for the recipes!!
Lovely quality ingredients, loads to choose from, easy to follow recipes and every meal so far has tasted unbelievable! The app is really user friendly and easy to use. Really pleased with Gousto so far!
On the whole I have enjoyed the recipes I have tried so far although there have been a couple which I was a little disappointed with and wouldn’t order again.
Food is delicious, and recipes easy to follow. I love Gousto as was sick of having the same meals everyday. We are eating better as a family and even my fussy daughter loves the dinners and loves helping me pick the meals.
Had some good meals but unfortunately 75% of the time ingredients were missing
Don’t bother!!
First time ordering and I was so excited!
Email said my box would arrive between 8am & 7pm, when 7pm came but my order had not arrived I called and was told that my box had not left the warehouse! Not ideal as I hadn’t received any update and was left with no food at 7pm at night!
The customer service agent told me that she was taking personal responsibility to sort this and compensate me accordingly, I was promised an email that would keep me updated regarding my order: and hopefully it would be here tomorrow!
I did not recieve the email so called back and spoke to another agent who was even less help, long weird silences and mumbled communication and put me on hold for 5/10 minutes at a time insisting that I reboot my phone as it was most definitely sent to the correct email; very patronising when I know how to refresh an email! When I insisted this be sorted this evening and that I would not be fobbed off; another agent took over and promised to resolve the issue. This lady obviously knows how to correctly type an email address as her email arrived straight away.
All in all spent 1 hour 45 minutes to gousto and I’m still none the wiser about when I will be receiving my food; even though the money has gone from my account! Disgusting service! A big complaint is on its way!
No food, young family ...and not coming off the phone at 8.30pm: after 1 hour 40 minutes trying to get assistance! shocking!!
If your reading this; try hello fresh!! I hear they have better customer service!
Pre lockdown, amazing. Now, have multiple errors in each meal per box. No longer missing one item you can replace, missing 50% in the box, customer services refund without bothering to give a monkeys as 100's of people waiting no doubt. 3 year relationship, done.
Good for the price, good portion sizes, great ingredients and easy to follow recipe's
Recipes really good only downfall for me 20% of ingredients poor ie wilted coriander half a carrot rotten pepper.so not bad bit not great
Don't even bother looking at gusto as an option! They start out well but sadly they can not sustain this! My last box had a full recipe missing plus other bits of other recipes missing. I now have to take my hungry 17 month old son out in the snow to the supermarket as we have nothing for his tea thanks to gusto! I'm appalled at their lack of understanding and empathy. When you ring and speak to "customer services" you get told you have their sincerely apologies but that's all they can be bothered to give you. Horrendous customer service and terrible all round service! Try Hello fresh or one other the other box delivery services as they can't be as bad as Gusto.
I have enjoyed the food but cancelled further orders as I live alone and found this 8 meals too many for me. In the time set. If you ever do single portions I would reconsider thank you
Changed my life! So easy and flexible. Not stumped for meal ideas or having the meals every other week. Highly recommend
Gousto is rated 2.98 based on 424 reviews