Gousto Reviews

of reviewers recommend Gousto

Tell us how Gousto made you happy
Over the past couple of weeks I’ve had two boxes delivered containing 4 meals for two people. The ingredients have been great, efficient recipes and the meals are brilliant. The only thing I’ve done is add a bit more carb to the meal cos we are big eaters. For the price I can’t complain. I’ve recommended Gousto to friends and family and I’ll be a customer for a very long time.
I decided to give Gousto a try with the current situation so that i didn't need to go out shopping as everything is meant to be included in the box. This was not the case, First box was missing some of the recipe cards and about 8 food items when contacted said they was sorry and originally offered a 1.50 refund for items that would cost more than that and would mean i had to go out to get them which defeated the whole point in the box in the first place and they said the recipe card could be read online which wasnt useful as i struggle with reading from a small screen even with my glasses on. decided it was probably just a mix up and hoped next weeks would be better. which it wasnt. again items missing no recipe cards except one and produce wasnt good quality at all. contacted asked them to come and collect the box, cancel my order and refund, was offered £10 and told to print the recipes off. no printer and difficult to get things printed in the covid 19 situation. requested a call back from a manager. next week another box arrived. emailed to tell them this was meant to have been cancelled and shouldnt have received it and still no callback or refund.
then today recieved another email to say they have ordered another 4 recipes so i called straight away and after 2 lengthy phonecalls was offered a partial refund. 2 recipes we cant eat as they include fish and one of us have a fish allergy. customer service is shocking all they seem interested in is taking your money. extremely disappointed as the recipes looked great online. there excuse is its very busy and they are struggling to get good quality produce. Surely if thats the case then stop taking orders you cant fulfil. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE UNLESS YOU LIKE POOR QUALITY VEG AND STILL NO RECIPE CARDS
Just received our second delivery and, for the second time, important ingredients are missing. We reported the first omissions to Gousto but received no reply. We will give them one more chance and then cancel. NOT IMPRESSED GOUSTO!
I was a big advocate of Gousto in the past however I was going to restart my subscription and use a voucher they had sent me, but the voucher did not work, several times.
I emailed and heard nothing back.
Then I received another voucher and tried use it to no avail.
After a long search I found the customer service number on the app. The gentleman I spoke to was dismissive and condescending. He kept repeating the same thing talking to me as if I were stupid whilst not listening to my queries or suggestions. He then said he would end the call at which point I advised him that on the basis of his attitude I would not be placing any orders, nor use any discount codes, nor recommend them to anyone else.
Such a shame as the food I used to get was always great but I will not give my money to a company who refuses to acknowledge their errors, or find a solution, and then imply that I was the problem. Thanks but I'll stick with Hello Fresh
was so looking forward to my first order but unfortunatly its been a very stressfull experience so far. sent messagage saying box deliverd to a neighbour but unfortunitly its not even on the right street. used contact details on the website and conected to an indian call center, who told me they could not contact the drive and it would take them at least 24 hours to sort it out. I asked if I could have my money back because now i will need to go shopping for food and was told they couldnt do that. so Joe Wickes. glad its made things better for you but what about sorting out all the problems with delivers so the rest of us can have a strees free life. this will be my fist and last order.
My flight has been rescheduled, therefore I have requested the order to be cancelled 4 days prior the delivery. I did not even ask for a refund, but just not to deliver it by my door as I will not be in the flat. gousto have told that they can't do anything at all as order will be delivered by Yodel and it takes them 3 working days to contact yodel. I have requested the tracking number and contacted yodel myself (took me 5 minutes) who could not find the order in the system and strongly advised for Gousto (the sender) to contact them and sort it out. Going back to Gousto now to try to resolve this, but the customer is appalling and all I am being told that they cannot do anything. Disappointing.
Poor customer service. They blame you for things they miss, including deliveries. No contact to say the delivery has been stopped.
Waste of time!
Delivery a day late, tins dented, wrong recipe card, no mint sauce or bay leaf, 3 x beef mince only instead of 2 x beef mince and 2 x lamb mince. Ridiculous.
Hi there,
We are really sorry to hear this! Definitely not the kind of service that we aim to provide! If you have not done so already, please do get in touch with us through the 'Help Centre' on our website so that we can investigate this and make it up to you.

Best wishes,
The Gousto Team - Kai
New customer 1st order perfect goods hope my next few monthly orders are as good thanks
Hi Janice,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! We hope you have enjoyed your first box and you continue to enjoy your future boxes!

Best wishes,
The Gousto Team - Kai
I've now cancelled account due to their ineptitude at managing my account. I’ve been a customer for longer that 18 months and loved the quality and convince of the recipes. Although I’ve notice a slip in quality I was sticking with it as in the past I’d been really happy with my boxes. Over the Christmas period I cancelled my deliveries as the boxes didn’t suit us drinking the holidays. To my dismay some fool schedule a pending delivery on the 25th Dec and 1st of January locking up nearly £100 of my food shopping budget over the holiday period. Customer care did not give two shits to my complaint and eventually on the 2nd January void the pending fictitious orders but left it lock on my bank account till 8th Jan!! On the 8th of Jan I raised another complaint about this has been handled and informed them to close my account and will not be hating further deliveries due to the combative and argumentative the way they have handled my enquiry. On the 9th Jan I check my back to seen payments had cleared only to find they had raised another pending order for the 8th of Jan locking up another £47.75 on my back account for another week. To say I’m exasperated is an understatement. Gousto used to handle issues with professionalism and respect but not any more it seems. Bye Gousto Bye. Never again!!
I believe they are taking on more custom than they can deal with. Last week I received no recipe cards this week I have had my order delayed twice, it should have arrived on Mon 11/1/21 but will now arrive Wednesday 13/1/21 which is great as I have ordered 4 x meals and all of them are supposed to be eaten by Friday 15/1/21. Also I had a late email (again) to tell me that one of the ingredients ( the mint sauce for the minty lamb) would be missing. Very poor service and when you ring they don’t really want to know.
Like the other reviews gousto has seriously went downhill over the past 6 months!!

The final straw was the fact my box did not even arrive. No contact from gousto to let me know or explain I had to contact them. Annoying under the current circumstances I had to go do a second food shop with my young child to get some meals in the house!

No real apologies from gousto they just gave me a free next box which is really just a refund for the box i didn’t receive?? I have now cancelled my account and will never use again!

I hope this company goes down the pan soon before it upsets and takes more money from customers.
I have been getting Gousto for years now and have generally liked the convenience, variety and quality of meals.
Having read the reviews on here I agree that standards are slipping. Food has a very short use by date and I have had rancid chicken a couple of times. The herbs, particularly coriander and basil are often unusable if you leave them a couple of days.
I also have concerns over the amount of packaging.
Today my box didn't even arrive, not for the first time. I was concerned when I didn't receive a text giving me a delivery time. We are self isolating at the moment and were completed reliant on the box. I phoned and was offered a refund and 20% off my next box. Not really what I wanted. I was asked if I needed another box this week and was offered a Friday delivery as the first they could manage. ( it is Monday today). No good!
I have since looked up the courier info and according to that the box never arrived at the depot.

My conclusions are that Gousto are a victim of their own success and cannot keep up with orders so are unable to meet their commitments.
Been with Gousto for much of 2020 an the initial experience was good however slowly got worse as the year continued.

The situation has culmininated in me closing my account as it has become apparent that after I had suspended my subscription and had no delivery for a few months, I received an email to say I was going to receive an order this week!

More worryingly, there was a transaction that was deducted from my credit card (during the non active account period) for an order I did not receive the actual delivery for. Their systems indicates it was delivered i.e. they said I signed for it. When asking for they evidence, they were unwilling to provide it.

When contacting customer services I was told there was nothing they could do. I have now deleted my account incl. all personal data...

Hope they sort themeselves out but until they do I will be using an alternative service from a competitor....
In the last few weeks they have lost the plot, shame were once a good company!
I had been with them for three years.

The first year was great - zero issues.

In the second year I started experiencing missing ingredients - though not too often.

In the third and last year I would be lucky to receive a box that didn't have missing ingredients, 'substituted' ingredients (most of the substitutions were terrible too and were obviously a cost cutting measure - for example, substituting cranberries with raisins - which they claim doesn't affect the dish?!!) or damaged/out-of-date/poor quality ingredients.

At first I thought this was an isolated thing, but after talking to friends and checking the internet, it has proven to be universal. I guess their corporate policy is to cut corners to reduce costs and increase year-on-year profits.

You can tell they deliberately lowered the quality too, by the change in their compensation system. You used to get human interaction, a fair bit of money as compensation, an investigation as to the failure and an apology. These days it's an automated 'here have £2.00 for us ruining your meal'.

In the end I just left. It's far less hassle, less stress and cheaper to go out buy your own fresher ingredients.

RIP Gousto - they were once a good company...
Gousto were amazing for me and my family during lockdown from march. However, months and months in (Jan 2021), we've had problem after problem! boxes been thrown at the door so food being unusable and sachets of liquids bursting. Defeating the object if us not going into the shops. our box was cancelled the day before the delivery date which was 3 days before christmas! Unfortunately, I'm cancelling my subscription today as each week i'm not satisfied with something. I'm not normally one to complain but this has been months and no matter how many times i've tried to speak to them, the issues haven't been solved or explained.
The convenience is unbeatable, having pre-portioned ingredients arrive on your doorstep without going to the shops is a definite plus. The recipes, on the whole (and with some tweaks), are pretty tasty.

However the growing list of negatives and Gousto's complete indifference to resolving issues properly has finally forced us to cancel.

- Some of the meat is absolutely awful quality. Particularly the chicken breast/thighs and beef strips. Clearly come from cheapest-of-the-cheap supplier. Recently, more often than not, the meat is scraggy offcuts and falling apart. Can look more like some leftovers from a petfood factory. Also had issues with unsealed packets, gone off meat, poor taste etc.

- Questionable "sustainability". Excessive use of plastic sachets and overpackaging.

- Very variable veg quality, from mouldy peppers to tasteless tomatoes and soft carrots. Potatoes and onions are often ridiculously small (onions more like shallots and potatoes the size of a plum).

- Pretty much every box will have some damaged ingredients. And for stupid reasons, such as spring onions and herbs being chucked in underneath a load of potatoes and tins.

- For beginners the recipes are a minefield and most have some sort of issue. Expecting raw potatoes to oven bake in 20 minutes, cooking components in strange orders, omitting key ingredients (but then adding unnecessary accoutrements).

- The photos used for promos and the recipe cards are misleading. They clearly do not use the ingredients straight out of a box. For example the beef strips look like nicely trimmed steak when in reality you get something more like dog food. Herbs are always leafy and recipes suggest chopping the whole pack - in reality you get 30% woody stalk.

- The final nail in their coffin is the complete and utter indifference when you complain. All you get is an automated part-credit (only a couple of quid), or a customer service agent who does the same and promises "to investigate". Then the same issue continues to happen week after week. I genuinely believe I never had to pay for a full price box due to the volume of issues / credits applied.
Almost every box something has been missing, off, out of date or substituted for something else This weeks box
Got email recipe card wont be in it.
Got second email, mushrooms been substituted.
Got THIRD email nan bread been substituted.
Got FOURTH email...box will be delayed and arrive a day late.
Account (a day later) now says box has been delivered.
It has not.

You took £47 from my bank account three days ago....where is my food???
Shocking food , missed our delivery 2 weeks in a row , had to go shopping whilst shielding , then send us a load of ingredients that are damaged broken and leaking.
Gousto is rated 3.01 based on 381 reviews