Gousto Reviews

33% of reviewers recommend Gousto

How would you rate Gousto?

9 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Jay

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Gousto in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Had a Gousto account for a few months. The food was average at best. Food portions were just right however. So decided to skip my orders for a few weeks and just forgot about it. On Friday morning, I receive a message from them saying they (Gousto) prepared an order for me without my authorisation. I cancelled this order on Friday morning and they now claim it was too late to cancel an order that THEY prepared for me without my authorisation. So now, we have a situation where they are going to send me food that I don't really want. So, food wastage! And they have charged me £34.99 for food that I didn't really want or authorize. Called them on the phone and encountered really rude condescending customer service. When I tried to explain that I did in fact try to cancel, the lady said I just couldn't have the option to cancel so now, they will apparently start an investigation on Monday! I have now cancelled my account with them and will try another service! Avoid for the customer service alone. They entice you with 2 weeks half price and then treat customers very rudely."
"Similarly I ordered a box and paid £24. I unexpectedly received another box of food the following week which I had not ordered but which Gousto had deducted another £24 for. I have just spoken to them and so far they have refused to return my £24 saying that I had subscribed...which I had not. Then I was told I had been sent an e-mail which told me that if I didn't decline they would choose another box of food for me and send it!!!! On reading those e-mails I discovered that this is in fact what happened. How is this right? I believe this to be a fraudulent and deceitful way to conduct business and will be contacting trading standard if this is not resolved to my satisfaction."
Hollie Tuckwell
"Good offers"
"I ordered my first delivery on special offer and they put me on instant re-order for another order a week after. I'd ticked the box to say I didn't want anything for a month to give me time to cancel, which I did three days before, they then said they ordered things on my behalf as I hadn't chosen anything. This was due four days ago. I paid for it and it hasn't arrived. They then e-mailed me to say they can't deliver because of bad weather, which is fair enough, but that I had to re-order for another delivery where there's a credit on my account. Don't know if there is and can't access it anyway as I've already cancelled the account. Hve e-mailed them & told them this and am waiting to hear back."
Penny Burton
Verified Reviewer
"The first box came, it looked like it had been stamped on, the ingredients inside had burst, and the meat was very short dated. Of course it was not their fault if it was the delivery driver, but they should get reputable companies to deliver and their response was poor. The veggies that came with it looked old - wrinkly peppers etc. When I complained the offered me a 4 quid credit which is not really acceptable given how unusable the box was - i could not make any of the meals without going and buying replacement ingredients, which sort of negates the point! And only had a piece of rubbish chicken, old potatoes and one bit of fish to use out of the box. Not great value and I wont use again. The only plus is that the recipes look pretty good."
"Gousto is working really nice for me. It is a way of cooking tasty recipes easily. I even have tried the vegan ones. I already ordered more than 40 boxes and I only had a problem with a delivery once and they refunded it instantly. Fine for me."
"Excellent customer service, very quick and friendly service on the phone lines if any problems. Excellent range of meal options compared to competitors, and slightly cheaper than competitors too. Portion sizes perfect, and items in the box are of good quality. Meat especially so. Only complaint is price per portion does seem a little high (for my budget anyway), however I am paying for the convenience and recipes I suppose."
Ranjit Das
"I had a Gousto rep call at the house to tell me about the service the company provides. Excitedly i placed an order but it failed to be delivered. When I called the helpline they had no record of my order and despite their best efforts they could not trace my order. I am now having to contact MasterCard to get a refund on my credit card. A lot of hassle. Don't use this service."
Miss Rachel Rodgers
"They are not free they taken £47 out of my bank asap and I have to wait 3-5 working days for a refund don't not use them they are a rip off"
Gousto is rated 2.33 based on 9 reviews