Gousto Reviews

of reviewers recommend Gousto

Tell us how Gousto made you happy
Very dissapointed having a box arrive that I did not order and being charged £47 for. I am hugely dissapointed in this as I was hoping to order 1 off boxes but now I feel I have to cancel my whole account. I asked for a full refund due to not ordering the box and that 3 out of the 4 recipes they chose are not suitable for my family!! Really really dissapointed especially with the current situation and people not being able to afford luxuries like this! Seems very money grabbing at an unfortunate time.
Always fresh ingredients and packed well . Easy to follow recipes and good choice
(10) - Posted 6 days ago
I find the the menu extensive the food very good. The cooking instructions are excellent I could not cook with out them.
(9) - Posted 6 days ago
I started using Gousto back in January to kick start a bit of a focus on cooking from scratch and budget control. I'm really pleased I did as it has been so useful having whole meals delivered during lockdown. The vast majority of meals are great and it's so much easier that everything just comes ready to cook. I've had a couple of issues with damaged veg and the very occasional piece of food that is past its best but Gousto has refunded me some of the costs. I have more problems with delivery as they use a really bad courier company who either leaves our box in the wrong place or throws it down so hard that food is squashed and ruined. They have also turned up so late on a couple of occasions that I can't use the food to cook that night's meal. However, one of their customer service team helpfully suggested I change my day for a different experience - different courier and a day earlier so I am not worrying about it turning up late. These are minor issues and I still prefer Gousto to having to meal plan and order all the food from the supermarket. I do use another box delivery service as a backup and I prefer Gousto recipes on the whole - the variety is great.
The food is great, they offer a wide variety of dishes to choose from.
However, the ingredients a lot of the time are not fresh and are unusable. Also, even if you do not order a box that week, they will send you one anyway, charge you the full amount and refuse to give you a full refund for the box even when you do not want it. I cancelled my subscription with them because of this predatory behaviour.
First box was ace, good variety of recipes. However since then there has been items missing / damaged in every box. The last box recd the ice pack had completely leaked and spoiled all the contents of the box. Contacted gousto for refund of the full box £34.99 and they sent me £4.
Quality has gone down hill fast and suspect that this is a result of huge demand. Disappointed with the overall service and quality of food. Originally signed up as thought it was good but now I can just as easily buy all the products cheaper in my local supermarket and get them delivered to my home. Think carefully before you sign up
We all love Gousto! We used to struggle to come up with new ideas for meals. Now it takes a few minutes to plan our meals and get the shopping in! We have enjoyed every meal we’ve made. The ingredients are always top quality. The price for a family of 4 is very reasonable. We cannot recommend Gousto enough!
(10) - Posted 2 weeks ago
As a long term customer, have been disappointed with the quality of the ingredients recently. We’ve had a lot of vegetables that I would consider past their best, herbs that have been mushy on arrival, and in the past 3 weeks missing ingredients. We’ve been offered money back but this hasn’t materialised.
Love love love not having to think about what to cook and always end up with a very tasty delicious meal.
(9) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Ever since I started my subscription I can see a dedicated team growing and becoming better every day. I absolutely loved how you took feedbacks on board and developed more sustainable packaging. The reliable delivery service even during periods of lock down and disruption. A true joy to be part of this.
(10) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Great food, lovely quality and fun to cook together
(10) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Good quality ingredients, varied and easy to follow recipes, app is easy to use and makes choosing recipes quick
(10) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Gusto is great it really helps us making decisions on what to each week with still giving us choice. My husband and I have also been able to cook together which during COVID has given us a great task to do together. We rate the meals between us each week which then allows us to re-order them when they come up again and of course understand possible new favourites given ingredients etc. Keep up the great work Gousto, great meals at reasonable prices!
(10) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Fresh ingredients, simple easy to follow recipes to create delicious food. No wastage and for two certainly value for money. A reliable service I recommend.
(10) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Good meals with lots of variety
(10) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Very happy with so much choice and no waste . Meals are fun to prepare when you work together with your partner. If you have never cooked before the steps are so easy to follow and take no time at all .We have been ordering for over a year now and it’s always been perfect.
(10) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Gousto has truly revolutionised our eating. We now have an enormous range of recipes which we enjoy. Favourites include 3 cheese pasta bake, 10 minute fish and gnocchi and the chicken quesadilla!
(9) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Be careful even when you don’t order they send you boxes
(10) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Food & choice of meals, but have cancelled subscription due to too much packaging and waste of materials, not environmentally friendly
(10) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Gousto has made our lives so much easier. Being parents there’s just so much to think about so taking away the stress of coming up with meal ideas or the same boring meals every week has been the best decision we’ve ever made. We’ve had Gousto for just over 15 months and it’s been such a great experience! Thank you!
Gousto is rated 3.31 based on 219 reviews