Gousto Reviews

11AM

Popular Questions:

Delivery

How does Gousto deliver?

How can I contact Gousto?

Tell us how Gousto made you happy

"I am completely disgusted by this company. A door to door salesman knocked selling us a one off trial box of our choice, no ties no subscription just a TRIAL ! and IF i wanted to order again then I could if I chose to. The box arrived I wasn’t overly impressed as I am a busy mum of 3 who works and husband works long hours. Iv realised the way it has been done, the salesman said to download the app so I did in front of him picked the food I wanted and put my bank details in. By doing this it has tied me into a subscription! Absolutely outrageous! Why not just be honest to people about having to deleted a subscription that you have just tied them into. My sister has just been diagnosed with terminal cancer and the last thing I need to be checking is to cancel a subscription I was told by a salesman it definitely wasn’t . A company taking people’s money and being dishonest. This has bought me to tears this morning as I just don’t need it and nearly £50 spent I just don’t have ."
Are you Gousto? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Very disappointing. First week I had one portion of rotten chicken, the second week two portions of rotten chicken and the third week the box didn't show up until 22.45 in the evening and everything was floating in water because the freezer bag had leaked. I did get a refund for the chicken but then the meal is down the drain and you have to start improvising to replace the chicken. Besides, the amount of plastic this company uses is also unacceptable. Ok they claim to be doing something about it but that doesn't solve the problem at the moment and seriously, it's astronomical the amount of plastic. Every teaspoon of herb is in a small plastic bag and so on. Some of the meals were tasty but if I can't rely on the produce to be fresh, then what is the point in ordering from them."
"Good selection of meals and convenient delivery"
"Gousto's customer service is poor and deliveries are unreliable. Twice in the space of a few months my delivery has failed to arrive. Customer service advisors are are apparently unable to organise a replacement delivery and are only given authority to offer a refund, they are not allowed to escalate to a manager. A refund when you were expecting food for the week is useless. I was told a non delivery "did not qualify for a manager's call back" - charming! Will not be using Gousto again"
"I made my first order in food faith, I had friends order for a dinner party and decided to order through Gousto. The order was placed to be delivered on the 19th of January having placed the order a week in advance. On the day off the delivery I had stayed in during the timeslot booked when to my amazement I was informed the delivery could not be made and a calling card left. Interesting as I have CCTV at home and when I informed Gousto, this was simply ignored and I was informed some days later this box off fresh food in fact could not be re delivered as the box was damaged. The fact no one had tried to deliver and I was lied to did not get resolved and because I was not happy I emailed in requesting a refund and not that the company was a least bit interested I had to dash out and buy ingredients last minute for the dinner party I was hosting. After 4 days I was informed a refund was made. And the subscription was cancelled. To my utter shock another payment was taken by the company and an order placed of my behalf. When I questioned this I was informed I had received the emails informing me to place an order and a reminder. I can categorically say no emails were received and after such a shocking service I would never use this company again. A company that not only lies to its customers but also removes money from there account. I feel so strongly against this service I have contacted trading standards and will make sure another customer does not suffer at the hands of gousto."
"I have had boxes turn up with rotten food, wrong recipes and had them left outside my front door (I asked for it to be left wiht my neighbour) only to have them be stolen. I have also just been informed that I am recieving a box full of food I cannot eat tomorrow when I had cancelled my orders for the next month. I promptly paused my subscription, called their customer service centre to check it had fed through to their system and was informed that it had not. I asked the member of the contact centre to do it for me and then emailed their customer care team to ask for a full refund. I will be looking else where when I come to reinstating food box deliveries as Gousto continuously disappoint me with their incredibly poor customer service standards where they are in the wrong."
"Had a Gousto account for a few months. The food was average at best. Food portions were just right however. So decided to skip my orders for a few weeks and just forgot about it. On Friday morning, I receive a message from them saying they (Gousto) prepared an order for me without my authorisation. I cancelled this order on Friday morning and they now claim it was too late to cancel an order that THEY prepared for me without my authorisation. So now, we have a situation where they are going to send me food that I don't really want. So, food wastage! And they have charged me £34.99 for food that I didn't really want or authorize. Called them on the phone and encountered really rude condescending customer service. When I tried to explain that I did in fact try to cancel, the lady said I just couldn't have the option to cancel so now, they will apparently start an investigation on Monday! I have now cancelled my account with them and will try another service! Avoid for the customer service alone. They entice you with 2 weeks half price and then treat customers very rudely."
"Similarly I ordered a box and paid £24. I unexpectedly received another box of food the following week which I had not ordered but which Gousto had deducted another £24 for. I have just spoken to them and so far they have refused to return my £24 saying that I had subscribed...which I had not. Then I was told I had been sent an e-mail which told me that if I didn't decline they would choose another box of food for me and send it!!!! On reading those e-mails I discovered that this is in fact what happened. How is this right? I believe this to be a fraudulent and deceitful way to conduct business and will be contacting trading standard if this is not resolved to my satisfaction."
"Good offers"
"I ordered my first delivery on special offer and they put me on instant re-order for another order a week after. I'd ticked the box to say I didn't want anything for a month to give me time to cancel, which I did three days before, they then said they ordered things on my behalf as I hadn't chosen anything. This was due four days ago. I paid for it and it hasn't arrived. They then e-mailed me to say they can't deliver because of bad weather, which is fair enough, but that I had to re-order for another delivery where there's a credit on my account. Don't know if there is and can't access it anyway as I've already cancelled the account. Hve e-mailed them & told them this and am waiting to hear back."
"The first box came, it looked like it had been stamped on, the ingredients inside had burst, and the meat was very short dated. Of course it was not their fault if it was the delivery driver, but they should get reputable companies to deliver and their response was poor. The veggies that came with it looked old - wrinkly peppers etc. When I complained the offered me a 4 quid credit which is not really acceptable given how unusable the box was - i could not make any of the meals without going and buying replacement ingredients, which sort of negates the point! And only had a piece of rubbish chicken, old potatoes and one bit of fish to use out of the box. Not great value and I wont use again. The only plus is that the recipes look pretty good."
"Gousto is working really nice for me. It is a way of cooking tasty recipes easily. I even have tried the vegan ones. I already ordered more than 40 boxes and I only had a problem with a delivery once and they refunded it instantly. Fine for me."
"Excellent customer service, very quick and friendly service on the phone lines if any problems. Excellent range of meal options compared to competitors, and slightly cheaper than competitors too. Portion sizes perfect, and items in the box are of good quality. Meat especially so. Only complaint is price per portion does seem a little high (for my budget anyway), however I am paying for the convenience and recipes I suppose."
"I had a Gousto rep call at the house to tell me about the service the company provides. Excitedly i placed an order but it failed to be delivered. When I called the helpline they had no record of my order and despite their best efforts they could not trace my order. I am now having to contact MasterCard to get a refund on my credit card. A lot of hassle. Don't use this service."
"They are not free they taken £47 out of my bank asap and I have to wait 3-5 working days for a refund don't not use them they are a rip off"
Gousto is rated 2.13 based on 15 reviews