GoodSync Software Reviews

of reviewers recommend GoodSync Software
Read GoodSync Software Reviews

3701 Pender Dr Suite 400

Tell us how GoodSync Software made you happy
Bought license on 10.18.2016. Installed on only one PC. Now I change hard disk and the activation license is refused. This licence was never, never communicated to anyone else and never, never installed on another PC.
NOT Fair free download! Because no warning text TRIAL 30 DAY!!!!
GoodSync is an excellent software and I have been using it for many years A couple of years ago I got GoodSync for Synology, and it was free. I installed it and it was running perfectly for cloud backup from a PC and my NAS Since the last GoodSync up on my PC I have been told that I had to updgrade my GoodSync on NAS as well. I discovered too late that I had to pay for it. Unfair, but no problem, GS is good enough. I purchased it. But now to enter the code, I need to be an expert issuing command line on my NAS !!! and with absolutely NO assistance. This is quite incredible and unacceptable !!!!!!
Hi Jean-Pierre - We definitely want to help! We have sent the steps via a private message. Additionally, we will be adding them to our Help Center. Moving forward, should you require additional assistance, please let us know. Thank you.
We bought 3 licenses (perpetual license GoodSync for Business) in early 2017. On June 30, 2018 (1 year and 2 months later), the company GoodSych informs us that our licenses will be deactivated by writing to us: '' This decision / change was handed down from corporate and is completely out of my hands '' We paid $ 1600 !!
Hi there- thank you for reaching out. We have looked into the matter, and according to our system, you did not purchase Annual Maintenance. Per our license agreement, "The validity of GoodSync Enterprise Workstation or Server license is subject to timely payment of annual Maintenance Fee that currently stands at 20% of the purchase price, but can be changed by Siber without notice, or negotiated with Customer. If Customer ceases Annual Maintenance Fee payments, then his GoodSync Enterprise Workstation or Server license shall be revoked. The license will be restored upon resumption of Annual Maintenance payments." Should you have additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our GoodSync for Business team here: https://www.goodsync.com/php/gsss/main
Nearly wiped out my laptop
We're really sorry to hear about your laptop, Russel! Such an incident should in no way be connected to GoodSync. If you haven't already, please submit a ticket to our technical support team so they may investigate ASAP. Thank you. https://www.goodsync.com/php/gsss/main?lang=en
Happy user of GoodSync since 2015, until a recent support request after paid upgrade. In my experience, GoodSync support is poor and condescending to loyal users. I was denied a refund when I realized the upgrade version doesn’t support my workflow. Feeling pretty silly for recommending this greedy & unsupportive company to friends and fellow producers for the last 3 years :/
We're very sorry to hear of your negative experience. We do offer a 30 day money back guarantee for all GoodSync purchases. If your request fell within this time frame, please let us know and we will gladly issue a refund. Thank you.
These people suck. When I have a problem they can't or won't help. When I upgraded hard drives, my software stopped working and I was forced to buy another copy. Honestly, if there was another decent synch software available, I would dump goodsynch in a heart beat.
Hi Gregory, Thank you for your note. We're sorry that you had an unfavorable experience with our software! May I ask if you submitted a ticket through our online ticket system? I can check on that progress right away if you provide a ticket number.
THE USER INTERFACE IN THE NEW RELEASE IS THE WORST EVER AND IS SO DIFFICULT TO NAVIGATE IT REPRESENTS A BACKWARD STEP. SO MANY ERROR REPORTS THAT I HAVE COMPLETELY LOST FAITH IN YOUR PRODUCT
We're sorry to hear of your frustration and we certainly want to address any issues that may be proving bothersome. If you haven't already, please submit any additional information regarding the specific user interface challenges you're facing via our online support system. This will greatly assist us in addressing them as best as possible. Thank you. https://www.goodsync.com/php/gsss/main?lang=en
his software is garbage. I have used GoodSync on and off for several years. Typically, it goes like this: * I find that I have a sync task. * I install the latest version of GoodSync, hoping that it has improved since my last attempt. * I encounter a bunch of intermittent errors. * I submit tickets through GoodSync's help system, and I receive prompt-but-generic-and-totally-unhelpful feedback. * I delete GoodSync and resort to another solution. Why do I keep going back to it? Because I paid for it, and I cling to the hope that they will eventually fix their software to the point where it's *minimally* effective. No dice. It remains as much garbage as it was when I purchased it. Just some of the errors I've encountered: * Locks up while attempting to sync to a folder. Just becomes totally unresponsive. The process needs to be killed, and often the machine rebooted, to recover from the lockup. * "Undefined Error: 0." Constantly. This is GoodSync's version of "An error occurred." Could be a million reasons. Don't bother emailing GoodSync customer support - they don't know and won't help you. * Sync jobs just fail, spontaneously, mid-sync. The sync is running perfectly, the volumes are both still available... aaaaaaaand it abruptly stops. * The network browser is overdesigned and overcomplicated. All you want do is to specify a URL, a username, and a password. Sometimes it accepts the settings. Sometimes it doesn't, it just uses the old settings, and then barfs out random error messages. I give up. They are never going to upgrade this software to minimal usability or competence. I have scoured all of my computer systems of this bloated trashware and deleted my registration information. Don't make the same mistake I did. Don't waste your time, and don't give this developer money. You will regret every dime and every moment you spend on this garbage software.
Hi David - thank you for reaching out. We're very sorry to hear of the frustration caused by these persisting issues and we certainly would like to work towards a sufficient resolution. As such, we have passed this information along to our Technical Support Manager for further review.
Update: We have escalated your support ticket and we have reached out in an attempt to resolve the issues listed in your feedback.
I wanted to install it on several devices and the customer service is so bad, I couldn't get through, never got a returned phone call. Horrible, horrible support.
Hi Tamela - We certainly apologize for any lack of communication on our end. We've passed your feedback along and a technical representative will be contacting you before close of business today.
The software is VERY difficult to use and not intuitive at all. I'm a pretty savvy computer user; however, whenever I try to use the program, I feel like I have to be a computer programmer in order to do anything with it.
Our technical team is always here and happy to help! Please do not hesitate to contact them at your convenience: www.goodsync.com/support.
never got it to work, emailed them repeatily, asked them to call repeatily terrible customer service never got a refund etc should be reported to BBB etc
Hi Greg - thank you for reaching out. We've passed your feedback along and a representative will be contacting you to resolve any remaining issues.
I downloaded the upgraded version - the previous was great- but it could not be installed, and the support service never answered my e-mail for help.
Hi Auryan - Thank you for reaching out. We've passed your feedback along and a technical representative will be contacting you within 24 hours.
Did not work
Hi Walter - Thank you for reaching out. At your convenience, please contact our technical team and a representative will gladly work through any issues you may be experiencing. www.goodsync.com/support.
Stopped using. A memory hog. Slowed everything down. There is better backup/sync software on the market.
I have 5 !!!!!!! licens, but I have to make code on 2 of them everytime Very unproffisional
Hi Poul - Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. At your convenience, please feel free to contact our technical team so they may resolve any issues you're experiencing. www.goodsyc.com/support. Thank you.
Moves data between Google Drive and local drives. But it stopped working with google (permission problems). Worked quite a while, configured to not use _gsdata_ files, etc. Very annoying when you try to stop it...takes several minutes to kill all the parallel processes with 30 sec delays between each. So right now, GoodSync is totally broken for my application of moving data from Google Drive to Local drive. Goodsync updated to V10 and requires me to repurchase the license. No, not going to do it. Goodsync takes 45 minutes to scan the 10 TB folder tree and forgets everything it know between restarts.
Hi Jeff - thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. If you can please contact our technical support team at your convenience, a representative will gladly assist or clarify any GoodSync/Google drive issues you may be experiencing. www.goodsync.com/support.
They owe me a refund but refuse to answer my emails ... good luck with these guys! Make 1,000% sure you get the right product and have NO questions!
Hi Mike - We've passed your information along to the appropriate team in an effort to resolve any lingering issues.
Pitiful lying customer service