Good Energy Reviews

Good Energy have a Customer Happiness Grade of B. Customers love their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

61% of reviewers recommend Good Energy
4PM
4PM

adam.johnstone@goodenergy.co.uk

How would you rate Good Energy ?

"Shocking service & customer relations they do not care about you as a customer and they are so expensive they start off cost effective. I was told they are very transparent about there prices on their bills however you need a degree in energy consumption tariffs to understand them. £295 per month for gas and electricity from when I first joined £80 per month. They were not willing to help me out with the final bill no even wanting to talk about a minimum payment I went to e-on for the better deals and customer service. Don't be sucked in by the 'Good Energy' ethos it's all well and good providing clean energy but at the cost of living what's the point."
"My Partner recently joined Bulb and used another members code from here! He has just received the £50 free credit!! No other provider was offering By using someone elses code you get £50 automatically once fully set up He is offering £75 if you sign up using his code £50 from Bulb and £25 from the £50 he gets So £75 off your first bill!! The code is below: refferal75gbp.tk"
"Terrible - they have a real staffing and training issue. No one seems to know what they are doing and the complaints department have no clue. Always seem to be getting conflicting information and the customer service is horrendous. Avoid like the plague!!!"
"100% renewable electricity, and also investing in gas production from waste. They also support projects for renewable energy and CO2 reduction in developing countries. We all need companies like this if we want to carry on using energy into the next generation, as fossil fuels are rapidly running out. Good Energy has friendly customer service, good investment in the future of us all, and a very informative website. Give them a try: make a difference in the world! Give your children a future!"
"Have just switched to Bulb and so far this has been very simple. Only took a few minutes to make the switch and it will save me £25 per month on my dual fuel bills (compared to the previous provider). Communication has been excellent so far and the fact that all the energy is renewable is a great bonus.use my link and get free 2 min quote and 75 welcome bonus refferal75gbp.tk"
"Good Energy was the supplier when we moved house over 4 moths ago. Swapped instantly to our old supplier from our previous home. I have received so many different bills from Good Energy that I have no idea what is going on. Paid what I though was a final bill in April - asked for confirmation that my account was closed - was told it was and given a reference number. Have now received yet another bill because the last one was estimated?? Phoned up was told I needed to pay new bill - which I have just so I can finally see the back of this dreadful, expensive, third rate company. Have received an email to say account is closed - will see if I receive more bills!!!"
"Communication and admin very poor, although anyone I have spoken to has been pleasant. They have lost both the direct debit mandates I sent them, but continue to send 'final reminder' letters. The customer service is lamentable, not recommended."
"I have been with Good Energy for 3 years now as an electricity customer and I have not had any problems at all. I pay by monthly direct debit so maybe that is why I was not affected by the new billing system changes. I did contact them once when I became over a hundred pounds in credit (not a bad problem really). The woman I spoke to was very helpful and friendly, they gave me a full refund of my credit balance and recalculated my monthly direct debit amount. Very pleased and green"
"Used to be fine, but since they switched to a new billing system they've been utterly chaotic - they also don't seem to be the slightest bit interested in trying to put things right. Queries to customer services are met with bland platitudes, but never address the actual issue raised. Over the last 18 months I've had no meaningful bills - lots of bits of paper, but all complete rubbish. A single bill will be for 3 weeks of electricity usage (a different) 9 weeks of gas usage, and 3 months of payments. Utterly impossible to tell where I stand with them because of their inability to produce meaningful bills. Back in September they suddenly announced they were increasing my monthly payments from £100 to £139 - no explanation or figures to back it up - just a bland statement. As far as I could tell from the rubbish which I was receiving, I was well in credit at the time. Their latest trick is to send me monthly bills which show my electricity usage and my overall payment, but skip gas usage entirely. It thus appears that I'm getting ludicrously into credit They combine total incompetence with an arrogance beyond belief. Avoid."
"Aside from loving the fact that I am buying 'good' energy from sustainable sources, I had cause to contact customer services today to ask for some information from my bills 2 years ago. I spoke to James, who was super helpful - he found the information I wanted, even though it was on an old system, and emailed it to me immediately. He was so nice, and really efficient. Thumbs up to Good Energy, and James, for great customer service!"
"Stay well clear. Credit agencies sent to your door with no explanation of bill total and company hike up your monthly DD without explanation. I used to pay 65 a month, now 132. Bill received saying I owe £600+ without any evidence to back it up. Can't get through, will not answer emails. Not answer complaints or provide written proof of what I owe. They can still send out credit collection agency letters though. Found out Energy received is from grid and not just renewable so I'm using what everyone else is using. I hear their new billing system is having problems and agent told me people being made redundant. So want to leave and have complained to the ombudsman about no bill explanation. Seems like company in trouble as so many having issues."
"We are having exactly the same experience as other reviewers on this site. We kept Good Energy as our supplier when we moved in but when we changed the account into my daughter's name (nothing else changed just the person who pays the bill) I suddenly received a bill for £900 in addition to the money I had paid every month. I initially set up a payment plan each month but after three months my daughter was told she only needed to pay £18 a month for both gas and electricity. This didn't make any sense given that I had been paying £164 a month previously and was supposedly in debt by £900! At the same time as all this my debt was increased to almost £2,000! So, naturally, I stopped the direct debit and complained. They still haven't resolved the complaint and more and more discrepancies are coming to light as time goes on. There are missing meter readings taken by meter readers but not entered into the system and we are being blamed for not taking enough readings. Most recently they said that we were in credit by £1,200 but two months later they have changed their minds again and now say my daughter owes £600 - presumably in addition to whatever they have decided I owe this week. They installed a check meter at my insistence that it wasn't possible for us to be using the amount of electricity they claim we are (we aren't growing weed or running a bunch a saunas/hot tubs) but they couldn't manage to fit that when they said they were going to and now they can't get it taken out when they said they would and come up with all manner of ridiculous excuses (like the engineer was outside your house when he realised he didn't have a part so he left - or he isn't licensed to work in your area so we'll have to reschedule). All this time preventing us from switching supplier because they claim we owe them money. Do not use this company!"
"we were with good energy as they were the supplier when we moved into our house, we were letting people in to read the meters and paying the bills that they were sending, then out of nowhere we get sent bills totalling £5500 pounds which we can obviously not afford, we were billed for 30,000 units for one year, we are not running an cannabis farm and they are unable to help us with why we could possibly use this amount of electric, they are blaming us saying that they were not getting our meter readings and are unwilling to let us set up a sensible payment plan and even saying they want £650 a month, are they dreaming!!!!!! currently still trying to sort something with them with them threatening to send in debt recovery, scam artists!!!"
"Not only is this a scam company but the ombudsman totally ignored what i had to say and sided with this rogue outfit. ombudsman is paid by the energy companies and is complicit, they told me to take good energy to court if i disagreed with their findings."
"I left Good Energy last December mainly because every time I needed to pay them there was a problem. Their systems were clearly terrible. Having got rid of them I thought all was well and good but NO. 10 months later they have just asked me to pay them £80 in, apparently, unpaid, charges that I knew nothing about. The bills I asked them to send out in response to this were so opaque that the person I spoke to - poor woman, she was very patient and nice - had to ask a supervisor what they meant. I still have no real idea if what I have paid is what I really used. Avoid"
"Absolutely appalling My tenant had Good Energy so I was with them by default until we found a new tenant. They came to MY home address - twice - to read the meter - under the stairs ... a bungalow! They then sent me an estimated bill for £202 - way too high given property was unoccupied. We gave them readings and they said they would send a revised bill. They didn't. Instead they had Credit Style - a credit agency - call me to chase payment twice, who sent me a chasing letter - I have never been referred to such an agency in my life. They finally sent out the corrected bill(£94.40) after giving them the readings again (acknowledging they had the readings on the system). After that another threatening letter from Credit Style followed - clearly the left is not talking to the right. Thoroughly stressful experience that involved many wasted hours. AVOID AVOID AVOID!"
"They can't organise their subcontractor to fix or replace a faulty meter. I'm beginning to wonder if it is deliberate as my account is in credit and they are earning interest on it. They are unable to correct the latest bill until the meter is replaced. The meter technician attended once and refused to do the work as there was an easily removeable panel obstructing him he said. The following two visits have been cancelled by them, but not even using my preferred contact number to inform me. They also seem to be at the back of the queue for smart meters as when I asked to go fit one rather than replace my broken analogue meter, they said they weren't installing them yet."
"Very expensive. I was paying monthly through direct debit and yet when I decided to leave because it was madly expensive they charged over £700 for my final bill saying they had under calculated the charges. Personally, I would say don't use them as they are nice, polite and very middle class when they speak to you but are a rip off."
"From my contact with this company, I personally would not want any more to do with them."
""Good Energy are an absolute disgrace, bordering on a complete scam. Steer well clear of this 'company'. I am currently making a formal complaint against Good Energy with the energy ombudsman. Good Energy deliberately under-quote your energy usage and cost to get you to join them before hitting you with an enormous bill with no prior warning. They don't let you know that your usage doesn't match the agreed monthly cost. Their customer service is non-existent, deliberately so otherwise their customers would soon switch to a cheaper provider after getting information about the true costs. Good Energy deliberately withhold information on their accounts to avoid their customers realizing the true cost of their energy. I've never been the victim of a scam in my life but having had the misfortune of being a Good Energy customer I do now know what it would feel like. The sole difference being that Good Energy wrap their scam up in a nice little corporate package. I feel disappointed at having to give them even 1 star. ""
Good Energy is rated 3.46 based on 127 reviews