Gocompare.com Reviews

of reviewers recommend Gocompare.com
Read Gocompare.com Reviews

About Gocompare.com:

At Gocompare.com, we compare loads of insurance quotes and bring you great deals on finance, travel, motoring, utilities and business services too.

Tell us how Gocompare.com made you happy
My review is just mirroring all the others about not getting my excess back. Had an accident in January made my claim, got a reference No and then nothing all attempts to contact them have been met with silence. Its just a CON . Why the advertising standards let them get away with it is beyond me. Anyway just wanted to add my voice to the others that have been coned.
Really good and easy to use website
Similar to the other reviews the £250 claimable excess is a complete scam. Waste of time and will do everything they possibly can to make sure they dont give you a penny. Strongly advise against using these liars.
Great, varied choices to pick from. Very useful and takes the time out of the whole process of finding insurance!
I have started the process of claiming my £95 excess back following a recent claim. 10 days after submission the excess claims department has started giving me the runaround. The email address I've used to submit the claim doesn't match that on the policy apparently, even though every bit of evidential paperwork they requested meets their stated requirements for the £95 excess to be paid back to me. If you're like me and never give up chasing things then go ahead with GoCompare's lure of £250 excess cover. Just be aware that they have departments and people who will put every obstacle in your way to get you to forget about it because it's too much hassle.
Trying to get your £250 Excess claim back is an absolute nightmare they are trying to make it as difficult as possible for your claim to go through I’m still waiting it’s been more than 7 weeks now I think there hoping you will just give up how can go compare get away with this advertising gimmick.😡
Excess claims process is awful! It states that the only documents you need to provide are: Schedule of insurance for your excess cover, Proof you’ve paid your excess, Settlement letter from your insurer and Certificate of motor insurance. I made a claim and provided all of the documents requested. I then had to chase them up after a month and was then told I had to provide another settlement letter with the car registration on, as they could not contact my insurer and Excess Schedule cover from Go Compare. Once they had received the documents they would then contact me within 5 working days It is now 21 days since I uploaded both documents and I am still waiting. I have sent messages and have received no contact. I am extremely disgusted that Go compare advertise this product as an easy way to get your excess back when it certainly is not.
Easy hassle free
Go compare emailed me in a timely manner to remind me that my home insurance was coming up to renewal date. When I logged in to my account all of the leg work had been done for me finding me the cheapest option. This saved me lots of time. I went ahead and chose the home insurance from one of the quotes. It literally only took me a few minutes. I will definitely use go compare next time.
The prices were higher than other comparison sites so I used them
I agree with a previous comment about claiming your excess back. It would seem they do everything they can to put you off claiming and everybody you ask for documents don’t seem to know about why you need it. You think you would just need to send the receipt of excess but no that’s not enough, also the people you claim from want the go compare schedule which I asked for but a a don’t accept what they send. Absolutely atrocious, still not settled yet
The comparison site by far, always enjoyed looking through the website and comparing with other comparison site, Go Compare always ended up the best of the best. Also great adverts been going on for yonks and hopefully in the years to come.
Used them every year to compare the insurance prices for my car and home. Easy to use, quick and no one so far has been able to come up with better prices.
Be very wary about using Go Compare, they promise so much but may not deliver. Purchased a valid insurance policy through them which promised cash back. However, despite producing the relevant paperwork to prove I purchased the policy including a confirmation email from their own people they still refused the cash back! Will never use them again.
Trying to claim 250 excess. A night mare trying to get documents from insurers re claim. Most people would have given up. I intend to keep trying. Accident claim was handled very well.
Complete liars. My car got hit so when I claimed on the insurance had to pay over £400 in excess. I put in a claim for the £250 & all I got was excuses. After contacting them a few times (so did my insurer) and they just strung it out until my years cover was out. I never got a penny. So for their advert to state that they pay-out £250 when you make a claim is a complete fallacy. Don't bother buying from them if you are being influenced by this offer. They don't even deserve the one star I left but I had to leave at least 1 to review.
Amazing got a great deal
If you can offer £250 of excess on clams you can make car insurance cheaper for every e which more people would get insurance and less would try defurd your company's.
Awesome got a Great deal
Great product easy to use
Gocompare.com is rated 4.62 based on 41,276 reviews