Go Outdoors Reviews

82% of reviewers recommend Go Outdoors
3PM
3PM

How would you rate Go Outdoors ?

"Terrible experience. Order a top for my son. Was sent a pink one instead of the requested blue top.. They would not send the right item untoil the other one was returned (fair enough). In the meantime they sold the one that should have been set aside for my sone. Everytime I found a replacement that was in stock on line they told me that it was not in stock (including the roginal item). When they did have something in stock they told me I would have to reorder it.....despite not having refunded any money from the original error. Complete joke. Nobody takes ownership of problems. There customer service Dept is on a ticket system and you get know continuity and end up speaking to different people everytime. So they have my money but not sending me a product and asking me to send more money to be sent the product....consumer rights here we come."
"Visited the Doncaster store 3 weeks ago to look at pacaway jackets the size I wanted was not in stock!! Spoke to a young female member of staff to ask if they could get me one from one of there other stores? She thought that they were unable to transfer from other stores so checked. The other member of staff was also unsure and told her to phone the stores that had stock to ask? As there website wouldn’t allow them to do it!! She tried various stores some of which never answered eventually got through to Sheffield who agreed to send a jacket!! However they could not do it over the phone she would have to email them? After putting the phone down (still unsure what she was doing?) She informed me that she would email the Sheffield store after taking my details and serving some other customers? The jacket was expected to be in store in a couple of days? I left the store after confirming with her that I would definitely be getting the jacket as I required it for a trip away? I left with no confidence in the staff in the store. Forward 2 weeks and trip taken still no news from the store and no jacket!! Thought I’d look online yes it said they had one in store at Doncaster so I clicked and reserved it!! Next day received an text saying my order was ready for collection, followed shortly after with another text asking me to contact the store which I did. Was told by staff that they were unable to find the jacket, I informed them of my previous visit to the store and that maybe the jacket they were looking for was the one that was supposed to have been transferred then so was not on the shop floor? The girl checked and lol it was the jacket she found it in the transfer section!! I called into the store to collect it, in store the price was now £50 instead of £35 which was the price online and when I first requested it!! A more senior? member of staff told me I could have it for £35 lucky me as that was what I intended to pay for it!! I explained and asked him why I had not been contacted when they had received the jacket when transferred from Sheffield 2 weeks ago? No proper answer no sorry didn’t seem bothered with all the hassle it had caused me!! Needless to say goodbye Go Outdoors you have lost another customer due to your poor customer service"
"Outstanding customer service from Charlotte at the Clydebank branch. Great price match on my Scarpa walking shoes and even an extra 10% off. Excellent...Thanks again!"
"On a camping trip to Dorset my camping gas stove exploded and set light to the end of my brand new Hi Gear Kalahari Eclipse 8. My kids were inside the tent at the time. A horrible experience and certainly not the fault of Go Outdoors-the stove was an old one from a different camp shop. I phoned the Poole branch and explained my situation-we had another 4 days camping and a burnt tent! They said that if I returned the damaged one then they would lend me a tent so I could continue with the holiday. When I took the tent into the store they decided that they may as well just replace the tent for us at no extra charge. I was astonished, and so relieved, as I could not really afford to replace the tent myself. I can't thank the Poole staff enough for their kindness-Graham and Aaron (who took the initial call). The holiday could have been a disaster but they completely made it for us. Thanks so much. Rebecca, Elsie and Wilf Mason."
"Awful service, on ordering two items and having taken my money saying I would have my delivery on the Wed of which I need the coming weekend to be told on Tuesday they are out of stock!!! Not Impressed and won’t use again"
"I purchased several climbing items and they arrived next day at a good price and even at a slight discount. Very simple process and reliable retailer."
"Ordered online for a store collection, items were ready to collect in a matter of hours. Would definitely use click and collect again!"
"Value for money"
"Extremely knowledgeable, polite and helpful staff"
"Excellent friendly staff, cheap prices and easy to find the my way around the shop."
"Good stuff, good prices and fast service!"
"Good sized shopping area with ample space to move around with a pram/buggy or disability aid/chair. Good parking facilities and level access. Good lighting, well displayed stock however some price labels are displayed for the wrong stock here and there, staff are knowledgeable and pleasant. All in all a good experience when went for the 1st time."
"Staff was so helpful"
"Experience with Go Outdoors awful. Ordered some climbing shoes for son, who was going on holiday and needed a slightly bigger size. Ordered for next day delivery which gave plenty of time before he was due to leave. Five days later, after four phone calls and numerous vague messages from courier via Go Outdoors, shoes still not arrived. Order cancelled as too late for holiday. One very unhappy boy and frustrated dad. I understand that the root of the problem may have been with the courier company used but staff at Go Outdoors, although pleasant, seemed unable to make anything happen as it should!"
"Really helpful with all my outdoor needs and wants...great prices..and price match too!"
"Outstanding service from Go Outdoors again. True to their word with price match plus they saved me £13 last week when I purchased two sets of Lifeventure titanium cutlery. I've saved hundreds of pounds by finding their products at a lower price elsewhere which Go Outdoors have matched and then given me an additional 10% off. Go Outstanding!"
"Allowed us to derobe a mannequin as it wore our desired item in size we wanted."
"Superb service Fast posting I ordered a ALPINIST On. Sunday night free delivery I git a email the next morning to say it will be delivered today ... That was the best service on free Delivery I have ever had .. THANK YOU MR P JONES."
"Fantastic service ..super fast Delivery no need to pay for fast shipping... But the coat ALPINIST LITE WEIGHT JACKET THE ZIP IS VERY VERY POOR QUALITY SO I WILL RETURN THE COAT .....BUT SERVICE IS FANTASTIC .."
"No quibble return, even 31 days after purchase (bag obviously had not been used)."
Go Outdoors is rated 4.29 based on 51 reviews