Go Outdoors Reviews

6PM
6PM

Popular Questions:

Delivery

How does Go Outdoors deliver?

How can I contact Go Outdoors?

Tell us how Go Outdoors made you happy

Email, Live Chat, Telephone
"DON'T USE THESE PEOPLE! Ordered a £200 tent on a Friday, they made a big deal about it being delivered the following Wednesday (after Easter). On the Sunday I got a email saying that 'Your Order is on it's way!', comes to Tuesday I get a text from DHL saying 'Your shipment will be delivered Wednesday' with tracking info, it's Wednesday today and all DHL can say to me is 'We're sorry but we do not appear to have received your consignment from the sender.' I have phoned GO OUTDOORS twice today, first time they fobbed me off saying it might come tomorrow now (what's the promise of Wednesday delivery then??? I took the day off to receive it!), then the second time I phoned them they said they will get someone to look into it and phone me back - like hell they will! I haven't heard anything and now to top it off when I phone them the automated reply says 'we're to busy right now phone back later'. Zero s**ts given about the customer. Will NEVER use this company again. Don't use them."
Are you Go Outdoors? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Wonderful range of item and reasonably priced."
"Appalling customer service from Lincoln. Store Manager Dave refused to exchange a faulty jacket, despite being a month old... expected much better, & have indeed experienced much better in the past from them... not anymore. Avoid at all costs."
"Went to the Norwich store to buy some winter gas with my newly sent discount card only to be told it had expired. Told the sales assistant that I had only received it a couple of days before but there was no offer to sort it out. Applied the discount but the customer service was terrible. Looked at the tents and only the most expensive were on display and there wasn't even pictures of the cheaper ones. Prices are more expensive than other local camping stores, even with the discount, so won't be going there again."
"Second time running that I've took my Disabled daughter to Stockport Go Outdoors to look at Tents, only to find the lift to the First Floor (where the Tents are), out of order. Another wasted trip. Pathetic Disability Awareness + concern."
"Price match again, they can't do even though I found a genuine store. IE I found a water proof tupilak jacket for 100 less. Please don't take advertise when you won't match."
"Will not buy from them again! Terrible buying and after sale experience!!! They double charged you and shipped you the wrong product. The whole shopping and buying experience was a total disaster. The plan for Christmas gift ruined and frustrations of their slow response and anxiety of the whole ordeal ruined my holidays. Told me the DHL will come pic up on 28th, but it was a no show. Turned out the customer rep hasn't turned over the paperwork. Its been a month now, the wrong product still sitting in my house! They deserve no star!"
"We encountered many incidents with just ONE order! First the company duplicated and charged on my credit twice. Second they shipped a wrong item! Third they don’t hv customer service to help. Very slow after sale serve, I hv paid everything including shipping n import taxes, n need to know whether I ll get replacement or full refund. One incident is bad luck, but one after another and no clear ways to resolve it made the whole shopping experience a disaster! I wish I did the research before placing the order."
"Have visited Go Outdoors in Lincoln 1/12/2018 today and twice earlier this year on bank holidays. Staff training clearly an issue here Staff member covering walking boots very abrupt. He was unsure of boots price and he went away and came back with a price of £50. When we got to checkout a member of staff said £60 and refused to honour earlier price given despite earlier mistake. Have previously visited on a bank holiday, staff member told us then store was about to close and was unaware the store was open for another hour and was getting rid of customers! Shop generally appears overstaffed - staff chatting and disinterested no quality. Unbelievable."
"Good value for money, wide range of merchandise, friendly helpful staff."
"Went to Peterborough store to buy some new walking boots. Got great advice from Sue who was very knowledgable and helpful. Although I had said that budget was not an issue she did not gravitate to the most expensive range but went to a lot of trouble to find me the comfiest pair. Once I had decided what I wanted she got onto the net to find the cheapest price, matched it and then discounted that by a further 10%. why go elsewhere. As a footnote(see what I did there) the Merrill boots I bought are amazingly comfortable."
"Really bad customer service. They sent me the wrong item and had to speak to 5 different people everytime they emailed to discuss the same issue and repeat myself several times. They didn't care to resolve the issue. Be careful when buying from them not all the images match the actual product they send you."
"Friendly staff help make the experience, in go outdoors they go the extra mile."
"Terrible experience. Order a top for my son. Was sent a pink one instead of the requested blue top.. They would not send the right item untoil the other one was returned (fair enough). In the meantime they sold the one that should have been set aside for my sone. Everytime I found a replacement that was in stock on line they told me that it was not in stock (including the roginal item). When they did have something in stock they told me I would have to reorder it.....despite not having refunded any money from the original error. Complete joke. Nobody takes ownership of problems. There customer service Dept is on a ticket system and you get know continuity and end up speaking to different people everytime. So they have my money but not sending me a product and asking me to send more money to be sent the product....consumer rights here we come."
"Visited the Doncaster store 3 weeks ago to look at pacaway jackets the size I wanted was not in stock!! Spoke to a young female member of staff to ask if they could get me one from one of there other stores? She thought that they were unable to transfer from other stores so checked. The other member of staff was also unsure and told her to phone the stores that had stock to ask? As there website wouldn’t allow them to do it!! She tried various stores some of which never answered eventually got through to Sheffield who agreed to send a jacket!! However they could not do it over the phone she would have to email them? After putting the phone down (still unsure what she was doing?) She informed me that she would email the Sheffield store after taking my details and serving some other customers? The jacket was expected to be in store in a couple of days? I left the store after confirming with her that I would definitely be getting the jacket as I required it for a trip away? I left with no confidence in the staff in the store. Forward 2 weeks and trip taken still no news from the store and no jacket!! Thought I’d look online yes it said they had one in store at Doncaster so I clicked and reserved it!! Next day received an text saying my order was ready for collection, followed shortly after with another text asking me to contact the store which I did. Was told by staff that they were unable to find the jacket, I informed them of my previous visit to the store and that maybe the jacket they were looking for was the one that was supposed to have been transferred then so was not on the shop floor? The girl checked and lol it was the jacket she found it in the transfer section!! I called into the store to collect it, in store the price was now £50 instead of £35 which was the price online and when I first requested it!! A more senior? member of staff told me I could have it for £35 lucky me as that was what I intended to pay for it!! I explained and asked him why I had not been contacted when they had received the jacket when transferred from Sheffield 2 weeks ago? No proper answer no sorry didn’t seem bothered with all the hassle it had caused me!! Needless to say goodbye Go Outdoors you have lost another customer due to your poor customer service"
"The choice in store was exceptional and the service we received by staff on the shop floor and at the checkout was polite and not pushy. It was a pleasure to shop there, made better by the reasonable prices on offer."
"Outstanding customer service from Charlotte at the Clydebank branch. Great price match on my Scarpa walking shoes and even an extra 10% off. Excellent...Thanks again!"
"On a camping trip to Dorset my camping gas stove exploded and set light to the end of my brand new Hi Gear Kalahari Eclipse 8. My kids were inside the tent at the time. A horrible experience and certainly not the fault of Go Outdoors-the stove was an old one from a different camp shop. I phoned the Poole branch and explained my situation-we had another 4 days camping and a burnt tent! They said that if I returned the damaged one then they would lend me a tent so I could continue with the holiday. When I took the tent into the store they decided that they may as well just replace the tent for us at no extra charge. I was astonished, and so relieved, as I could not really afford to replace the tent myself. I can't thank the Poole staff enough for their kindness-Graham and Aaron (who took the initial call). The holiday could have been a disaster but they completely made it for us. Thanks so much. Rebecca, Elsie and Wilf Mason."
"Awful service, on ordering two items and having taken my money saying I would have my delivery on the Wed of which I need the coming weekend to be told on Tuesday they are out of stock!!! Not Impressed and won’t use again"
"Goods were just as described and delivered very quickly. Thank you!"
Go Outdoors is rated 4.04 based on 77 reviews