Go Assist Ltd Reviews

Read Go Assist Ltd Reviews

customerservices@go-assist.co.uk

Richmond HouseRichmond Hill

Tell us how Go Assist Ltd made you happy
Communication was awful, pricing was outrageous, left hanging with a broken appliance and no support
Sorry you feel this way. If we can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact our customer services team on 0800 8654111
Where shall I start! Extremely disappointing is an understatement - Ice maker not working on my Maytag Fridge/Freezer. Go-Assist appointed a Hotpoint engineer to carry out the repair. The engineer claimed he could not find the model number on his system and left without further investigation. Go-Assist withheld £69 of my prepaid £160.15 fee apparently 'to cover the engineers visit'. I then found a company called Service Nation/Maytag (online). They came out the following day identified the problem and repaired the Ice maker there and then, offering a 2 year guarantee. Service Nation replaced the damaged Ice bucket, fixed a water inlet pipe to the rear of the fridge/freezer and fixed the ice dispenser that had not been working for a number of years. I then requested full reimbursement from Go-Assist and despite numerous emails to and fro, I am still waiting. My advice is to STEER CLEAR of Go-Assist. Their customer service is, in my opinion, appalling. Take heed, I can see just how easy it is to take money and do nothing to earn it!!
Hello. The vast majority of our repairs go smoothly so we are sorry to hear you feel disappointed with your experience. This is currently being looked into by our customer services department as a matter of priority, but if there's anything we can do in the mean time please do not hesitate to contact us for free on 0800 8654 111.
The icemaker in my Whirlpool fridge freezer was flooding and an independent engineer suggested I call a Whirlpool engineer to perform the required diagnostics and find the fault. Go Assist offered me an immediate call out with an approved engineer or, if I waited, a call out from a Whirlpool engineer. I opted for the latter. The engineer arrived promptly 2 days later and told me he was Hotpoint trained and was unable to perform the diagnostics on Whirlpool machines. He noted the serial number and left saying he would contact his office. Go Assist then called saying to repair the machine they would order a part and send an engineer to fit it, this was now approaching 2 weeks after my first call. I informed them that this was not acceptable as no diagnostics had been completed to identify the fault and I would not accept this level of service. They still applied a £69 call out charge to provide an engineer who was not trained to service Whirlpool machines.
We are sorry to hear of your negative experience with us. Please contact our customer services department on 0800 8654111 if there is anything further we can do for you.
Everything. My advice is don't bother.Read the other one star comments-they say it all!!
Sorry to hear you have not had a great experience with our service. Please do not hesitate to contact our customer services team who will do their best to solve the problem.
They're just after your account details.
The service is non existent.
You book, arrange a date, agree a price then get told an engineer will be in touch.
Engineer does not get in touch, hence 3 phone calls to customer support followed by 3 promises of a call back. None call backs emerged.
Miss the date forfeit the fee, I'm going to be chasing for ALL of my money back, I've read on here they try to extract a fifty quid admin fee - we'll see if eh small claims court agrees with this business practice.
I am selling a house and if the cooker is not functional on the date of entry I pay a forfeit - these clowns are not going to make the date.
Hi there,

We're sorry that we missed your calls. Please do contact us for free on 0800 8654111 so we can sort your issue asap! Thanks.

Go Assist
This is a complete con. You contact them and they say they wlll get someone out as soon as possible and they suggest a day and ask if you would prefer morning or afternoon. You then go ahead and pay for the fix only to find out on the expected day of repair that there is no engineer booked and that it will be at least another week before one can come out. I have contacted Trading Standards regarding the selling practices of this company, I will also be cancelling the repair and demanding a full refund.
Hello Mr Lowe,
We are sorry to hear of your bad experience with us. Please contact our customer services department on 0800 8654111 if there is anything further we can do for you.
For a repair that will cost £168 I would expect beeter service. The engineers visit took 5 minutes to agree my diagnosis, take the part nuber I had found and then leave, Good value not at £49. A follow up call from Go Assist tells me they cant fix it as the part is obsolete. Many calls later and more than a week since agreeing the repair Go assist is still argueing about the part. I rang Smeg engineers who confirm that I have found the right part, that it is not obsolete and that they have stock, yet still Go assist will not do anything they wait for the engineer to contact Smeg. I did it in 5 minutes. SO if you want to spend a lot of money on nothing then be aware this will not be an easy journey
Hi Keith, we're really sorry to hear you're having trouble with this repair. I understand that you are now talking with our managers to resolve this, which I'm sure will happen today. Thanks and have a great weekend.
Avoid this company at all costs.
The worst customer service ever encountered.

After 4 months they still have not repaired our cooker and we have spent hours over the phone calling every week trying to get this sorted but there is no way out.

They ignore all complaints and all they tell you that you is that you will hear from them within 48 hours, although this is a lie after 4 months I am none of the wiser. My advise is DONT DO IT if you want to preserve your mental health.
I booked an engineer to come and look at our electric oven/gas hob. We were advised that some one would be with us within 48 hrs, a week later I contacted you to see what was happening?, some one called back and said an engineer would be with us soon , however the parts you would need would be £170,we had already paid £119.0the parts that we were told did not actually sound like the problem, we had no visit, we were charged for one , I wanted a refund , I was declined, it turned out we needed a thermocouple of which was £15.00. I am seriously not happy with your service!!!
Two months and £270 down and I am no nearer getting my washing machine repaired. All communication initiated by me. Fobbed off, denied a refund even after 2 months. No cut-off date given. Indefinite wait time and no customer service. Outrageously bad service. Please do not use this company.
Waste of time ... took my upfront payment and set up a insurance policy only to tell me four days later they won’t be able to fix my fridge even though they haven’t even looked at it .... wouldn’t bother unless you like wasting you’re own time 👍🏽
Hi,
I certainly won’t be using this company again.
The guy came one day late because he was behind, and wanted to leave us until the very last call of the day, but which time it was evening. He was clearly trying to make as much money as possible in a day.
So, not ideal. He came the following day, again after 6pm
He was there for 5 minutes, took the 65 quid, told us it needed a new part, but didn’t seem interested in fitting it, or if it was not cost effective, actually fitting a new dishwasher for us.
He messaged back the next day to let us know the cost, but that he couldn’t get the part.
I didn’t bother replying, as he showed no interest in doing any further work, so I have written off the money, and put it all down to bad experience.
However, i might set up my own business, pretending to be a repair man, charge a call out fee, tell them its broken and disappear into the sunset. Easy money!!!!
Terrible experience. I'm a landlord and booked them to check the tenant's freezer. The engineer showed up for 5 minutes, says that he didn't have the right tools to open up the freezer to determine gas type and there wasn't a model number. He said he will pop back in but never did.

2 weeks later I rang up and was told "the freezer was of the wrong gas type" and I would get a full refund.

Then I got a call 30 minutes later, saying that the engineer was onsite and asked for a payment for parts??!!! I thought things have been turned around and paid for the parts.

This is where things went beyond belief, a few hours after I paid for the parts I received an email saying the extra parts payment has been refunded.

I queued over an hour to finally get on to customer care team (note that they put you on Customer Service queue first then explain Customer Care is a different team, jokers).

I was told the following:

- The second charge (for parts) was a mistake, it was for a different customer hence they refunded it.

- The will not refund the call out charge for the first one because the "freezer gas is too old" - although the engineer said he didn't know the model number and didn't have the tool to open the freezer to determine gas type onsite. Clearly it was a made up report to save him a return visit.

So all in all, I lost £79 call out charge. Not a big deal for a landlord but shows you how little control the company has over his contractors.

Avoid like plague.
We have been so frustrated with this company. We have a faulty dish washer and asked for a repair person to come to the house to fix it. Next thing we know they have charged us for a 12 month contract and my wife called and tried to get them to reverse that but they said no. Now that they had us locked into a 12 month contract they took 10 days to come out and fix the problem, only for them to see the error code (which we repeatedly told them on the phone ten days earlier) and say they did not have the part required. So we wait another 2 weeks and he comes to install the new part only to say that the part he has received is faulty!! Another 8 days later they come back to 'fix it' I check in with him while he is working to make sure he has everything he needs and it is going to be fixed and he says yes. He finishes the job, says it is fixed and as soon as he leaves we put a cycle on and the SAME ERROR come back up and it stops working again. I've now been on hold for 8 minutes waiting to speak to them. Absolute criminals. My wife is in tears trying to deal with them. I've now just called them and they won't speak to me because i'm not the policy holder, do they think they are dealing in sensitive personal information or something? Ask to speak to a manager and am told the manager will not speak to me. I ask what other security information they need in order to verify the account and they just start getting irritated with me. Absolute criminals, they have their money and now are treating us appallingly.
Avoid this company and Big Warranties - they use the fact that they are seperate companies to confuse the customers. I took out a policy (with BIG Warranties) in good faith at the beginning of August and at the end of November the repair to cooker (which they schedule to be repaired within two weeks of the policy been taken out) has still not been done. There is a part that has not arrived and they cannot tell me when the cooker will be repaired. After many calls they agreed to refund the parts only - but I have been left with a bill of £79 plus they are now charging me £50 for cancelling something that I never had.
The communications with both BIG and Go Assist has been poor at best; incorrect information been provided and unless I got in touch with them I would be non the wiser on progress etc.
I have asked them to waiver the £50 charge due to inconvenience caused and the cooker remaining unusable (after 4 months) - they have point blank refused.
the latest person that I had contact with was 'SHANE' refused to provide surname - his role Retention Advisor --- the irony !
Nine weeks and they’ve fix....oh no they haven’t....they haven’t lifted a finger. Do not trust this shambles of an outfit
Avoid this outfit at all costs. They are the biggest rip off I've ever encountered. £119 for an engineer to call and remove an oven door. Two weeks later nothing. I called them and after 25 minutes on hold they asked for a further £95 to do the repair. I am now waiting for the door to be returned unrepaired.
They claim low cost, fast repairs. They are lying.
Seven weeks - just count that - seven weeks. No correspondence, no timeframe. Do not touch this lot with a barge pole. They have no intention of solving your problem, they simply want your money and then to remain silent. Scandalous bunch. Steer clear
Hi Damian. Thank you for contacting us and we are sorry to hear you have had some difficulties hearing from the team. The engineers have been trying to contact you regarding the repair of your oven door and to discuss the part enquiry further with you. Please don't hesitate to give us a call to discuss this further - Team Go Assist
AVOID at all costs, customer care is an absolute joke!
AVOID at all costs!
1 Star review given because you can't give lower!

Called Go-Assist for a dishwasher fault Error code 15 and they appointed NAC to attend. Engineer gave it a very quick look over, extracted a small piece of debris from the filter drain and reset the machine before leaving. 30 minutes later, the machine stopped again with the same code displayed and a full base of water.

Go-assist were alerted and several weeks passed before the same engineer reappeared. Having informed him that E15 (Siemens confirmation) was an internal leak code, he refused to accept that this machine could possibly leak as it had a sealed tank. He did another reset and tried to apportion blame to a copper pipe that has never leaked (which we tested with him in attendance), but had a a very small green streak which was left from installation 10 years ago. He left within 10 minutes and the machine failed again after half an hour.

I called Siemens directly and they confirmed the E15 code was an internal leak to which end I called the engineer directly and informed him Siemens's diagnosis. He refused to return to fix the fault as he claimed there was no fault with the machine when he left. Siemens advised this code would not be displayed in such a short space of time (typically mid-cycle)

Subsequently, significant water damage from the machine emanated through the kitchen units causing in excess of £10,000 damage! I called out a Siemens engineer to rectify the fault and he was incredulous that the engineer from NAC hadn't even bothered to remove the door and look for a leak? Once the door was removed, the leak was clearly visible from the sump pump and drain which if properly addressed in the first instance, would of been repairable. Such was the damage that there was no alternative but to replace the unit and an extensive repair is in progress to replace the kitchen units.

Follow up with Go-Assist has been dreadfully stressful. It is impossible to speak to anyone in customer care or complaints other than by email. This highly unprofessional approach continued by not responding to email and phone calls only achieved responses of "we are following up a compliant with NAC and awaiting their response." Despite a plethora of evidence provided by the loss adjusters, Plumbers, kitchen installer and Siemens Engineers (paid for by me) they refuse to accept the leak came from the machine or that their engineers diagnosis was flawed from the outset. They now refuse to respond knowing full well they are liable for the damage caused. Having removed the offending unit, the damage could not be clearer, but GA refuse to accept any responsibility whatsoever! Images below are of the internal leak damage taken by the Siemens engineer which Go-assist refuse to accept. Further damage spread to a significant potion of the kitchen island requiring a complete rebuild.

Unless your fault is a simple fix on/off reset, be warned...get an independent assessment, have a plumber in attendance, but ideally use D&G or call the manufacturer and pay for real expertise!!
Dear diary. Six weeks in now. As the nights draw in I wonder will they ever do as they promised? Will they fix the door they broke, let alone the oven I asked them to? My elderly mother and my kids grow weaker (and more Italian) by the day as they are forced to eat nothing but pasta....this company is more of a mess than the spaghetti Bolognese the kids have just eaten....
Go Assist Ltd is rated 4.44 based on 1,143 reviews