Globelink International Travel Insurance Reviews

of reviewers recommend Globelink International Travel Insurance
Read Globelink International Travel Insurance Reviews

About Globelink International Travel Insurance:

Travel insurance for travellers & holidaymakers living in the UK & EU countries. We are a part of the Know before you go campaign, initiated by the FCO, participating in different events and trying to make travellers' lives safer, warning them about troubles and giving travelling advice.

info@globelink.co.uk

Alpi House, Suite 2, East Wing, 2nd Floor, Miles Gray Road

Tell us how Globelink International Travel Insurance made you happy
Good to get reminders. Easy enough to do on line.
Thank you and we are pleased you found the renewal of your policy simple and easy to do online. Travel safe!
I will write a review upon the completion of my trip.
Thank you for continually travelling with Globelink Travel Insurance Mr. Phillips and we hope you have a good trip!
You can purchase this travel insurance after leaving your home country, and choose to be medivac'ed to the UK, SA, AU or NZ, all good. The medical side of the insurance is fairly typical except they have sensible pre-existing condition rules - a rarity. The baggage side of the insurance is pitiful in this day of DSLRs, smart phones, tablets and laptops. You can pay a high additional premium to raise the cover but it remains below the cost of many laptops.
Thank you for your feedback, a lot of our customers have valuable items insured separately under specialist gadget insurers or on their home contents policy so we do offer the option to add specified cover is this is needed for your travels.
I have only given a rating of 3 as, so far, I have not made a claim so cannot in all all honesty rate that part of the service I have not experienced. I can state that I am completely happy with the cover provided and the ease of dealing with Globelink who we have used for years now and have never had a situation that was not handled in a friendly and professional manner. Would I recommend Globelink? Yes definitely.
Thank you for your feedback and potential recommendations Mr. New. It’s good to know all your trips have been safe. We wish you the same safe travels in future.
The web site was easy to use and very effective at taking my money. It remains to be seen if Globelink are acceptable when it comes to paying out in the event of a claim
Dear Mr. Murray,
It’s good to know you’ve been travelling safely for all these years and we hope you continue to have only safe trips.
Very helpful when confirming what the policy actually covered. Of course the real test is how things are in the event of a claim, hopefully I will not find out!
Thank you for choosing the Globelink Annual Multi Trip policy Mr. Henderson. We wish you only safe trips with no worries.
Good presentation of options for customising cover. However, the addition of some make the over all price more expensive than all-inclusive rivals so I opted out.
Supplying good travel cover whilst keeping the price reasonable is one of our top priorities. We wish you a safe trip.
Well. I actually signed up with you guys again because it was easiest, not because I particularly enjoyed my previous experience. I feel you make it very hard to make a claim and it's just silly all the stuff you have to fill in when you already HAVE all my data. If I could have come up with someone else I would have moved on, but hey. So let's see how your second chance goes :) I really hope you will modernize your claims process so I can make a claim online rather than go through printing which is just hopelessly old fashioned.
Thank you for your continued purchase. We do aim at improving every aspect of the service we provide including the way our claims handlers deal with your claim.
The process of getting holiday insurance was prompt and efficient - apart from the agent dealing with my call, who made me repeat my name, and spell it, 4 times! She wasn't friendly or helpful, blaming the quality of the line for the fact that she couldn't hear me well - there was a lot of background chatter which didn't help. She needs to do a customer service course to improve her cold and brusque tones and communication skills.
We are sorry you found the call to the sales office unsatisfactory, we will continue to do our best to keep office background noise to a low level to help our staff clearly address the needs on the customer.
The person that did my person was very helpful and polite, BUT, if your form on the internet had allowed me to purchase on line then I would not have had to telephone from Spain to England.
Dear Ms. Ormerod,
Thank you for your review and for choosing Globelink Travel Insurance. Unfortunately, technical difficulties in this instance prevented purchasing online but our team is always there to assist over the phone.
Website confused me when I wanted to remove winter holiday cover. The price didn't seem to change.
Dear Mr. Brown,
Thank you for your feedback. Winter Sports cover is included free on some annual multi-trip policies and can’t be removed. Please, call +44 (0) 1353 699082 if you have any questions and we will be happy to help.
Since we have not yet travelled I cannot say. I'll get back to you after our trip.
Thank you for choosing Globelink as your travel insurance provider Mr. Kulton. Have a safe trip!
Happy with GITI, but what a nightmare the website. Obviously been designed by a geek with a 10 foot screen ! Continually having to move up and down to answer questions and discover what they want.
Never did ask what the out patient operation was for ( cataracts 10 months ago should hardly affect the premium ).
Thank you Mr. Crate, we appreciate any feedback from our customers and use it for our online purchase system development and improvement. We hope you’ll find it easier to use next time and wish you many safe trips.
I was content with GLOBELINK until I realised that there was a rival bid by a company with lower charges. I have therefore withdrawn from Globelink
Thank you for your feedback Mr. Loveridge. We wish you many safe and enjoyable trips.
Messy web site. Not easy to navigate. I regard myself as web savvy. I wouldn't find it easy to purchase a policy if I was less competent using the internet
Dear Mr. Cooper,
Thank you for choosing Globelink Travel Insurance. We are constantly working on our website improvements and hope you’ll find it easier to use in the future. Enjoy your trip!
Website easy to use
Thank you Mr. Sawyer. We are glad to hear you found our website easy to use. Have a great trip!
I have no quibbles with the customer service team who are, as always, very helpful.
My criticisms lie with the ridiculous medical screening process. The firm dealing with this has changed EVERY YEAR. Every year the same condition has either been free, 8 pounds, 300 pounds, free but with large excess...you get the drift!
This year because of a recent operation, I was refused cover altogether unless I accepted a quote of over 2000 pounds! So, very reluctantly, I am travelling not only without that cover but without cover for the other minor conditions as well. I am exceedingly unhappy.
I also dislike having to contact medical screening first and being passed from pillar to post: very expensive phoning from Spain.
So, Globelink telephone staff are very good but the way the product is being sold is very frustrating and the price no longer good value.
Linda Arthurs
Dear Mrs. Arthurs,
We are sorry to hear the medical screening teams who have been appointed by the Underwriters have not been consistent when handling your Pre-Existing medical conditions, if you email us here in the office we will do our best to assist with finding cover for your other minor conditions.
Used Globelink last year for annual travel insurance and thought they offered a good deal. Wanted to re-new this year for the same insurance and somewhat disappointed that the price had nearly double because I was a year older, although I had no medical conditions to declare, as before. I have been given a 10% discount and decided to re-new my policy, but may well search around when it comes to re-newing this time next year. They were prompt in responding to my query about the price, but really didn't answer what I was asking.
Thank you for your continued Travel Insurance purchase Ms. Irvine. We hope you have many safe trips.
No point now all you've done is take my money. The review will come should I need it back in the future,
Mr Brookes, Thank you for your continued loyalty with our Travel Insurance product and we wish you only safe trips in future.
I recently purchased Travel assurance for my partner, after we were stranded in Manchester because of French strikes, however the company who deals with claims, obviously do not like to help. Because we made our own arrangements to travel back at great expense, we were not covered by the insurance, because it only covers delays. My niece who works in insurance, tells me the policy is good,( but the small print says it does not cover our situation)
To be honest, if the refusal had come a day earlier, I would have sought other insurance companies
Thank you for sharing your experience Mrs. Raudies. We are sorry to hear you had inconvenience caused by the French strikes and in this instance it would seem that your policy did not provide you with cover for this, however, it is good to know that your niece confirms this is a good policy. We wish you many safe trips in future.
Globelink International Travel Insurance is rated 4.51 based on 1,231 reviews