Glasses Frames and Lenses Ltd Reviews

Read Glasses Frames and Lenses Ltd Reviews

01400 282028

tina@glassesframesandlenses.com

Tell us how Glasses Frames and Lenses Ltd made you happy
I ordered a pair of glasses, when the glasses came to me they weren’t exactly what I had thought so I returned them. Glasses frames and lenses were very helpful and polite with me returning them and giving amazing customer service all round with the payment! From my mistake thinking the glasses would be different, it was handled very well. Very much recommend using Glasses Frames and Lenses as they are very helpful in anything you need and make some amazing glasses for good prices.
Website a bit misleading, but telephone response very helpful.
This is our sixth order and, as always, expert advice on choosing the best lenses and a very helpful service. We also saved over £100 compared to high street prices for the same lenses. Plus, always a fast delivery to where we live in France. We really wouldn't go anywhere else ! Kim P.
Great support and the best pair of glasses I have ever had. Tokai 1.76 with fine edging. They even send my frame to Japan in order to apply the fine edging process on the frame. Also the price was half on what I would have paid in Greece !! I recommend this great shop to everyone!! Even when something was wrong with my order their support and reassurance and solution was excellent!! . Thank you again Tina and Diane for everything!!!
I had broken my Stepper frame comfort bridge and had tried all round to replace it to no avail. Then I discovered GF&L who sourced and delivered a new bridge in what I thought was quick time and at reasonable cost! The staff were freindly and super efficient. I would have no hesitation in using this grrreat service again.
Very helpful staff ,a first class pair of spectacles Would recommend this company to anyone
Fab service. Specs arrived really quick too. Managed to order some frames for me which were apparently out of stock elsewhere. Thank you
Really pleased with frames, excellent service and really friendly staff
Amazing knowledge and customer service, second to none! A particular mention of Diane for her patience with my 'complicated ' needs - nothing was too much trouble. Thank You.
I purchased a pair of varifocal glasses from GF&L. They have an excellent process for measuring your pupillary distance and height, unlike many of the on-line retailers described in a recent consumer magazine. The prices are competitive and the new glasses delivered quite quickly. The staff are most helpful and when a problem was discovered they dealt with it quickly and efficiently. I have used other on-line sellers in the past but GF&L out shines them and I will certainly use them again in the future.
Saved £120 on my Jaeger London 13 frames against high street price. Was thrilled with the saving. It was the first time I had used GFL and was a bit nervous of spending so much on frames on the internet. But the frames arrived after 5 days and are perfect. My only comment would be that I could not see order progress on line. So I e-mailed after 4 days. I had a response within hours and was happy with the response, service and frames.
Extremely helpful, first class technical advice and excellent fast service, I am delighted with my new Tokai 1.76 high index lenses. After many years of wearing 1.9 high index glass lenses, prescribed by High Street opticians for my severe short sight (-10), my new Tokai lenses are not only half the weight and virtually as thin but give me improved brighter vision without the worry of expensive glass breakage. Highly recommended.
Dear Bryan,
Thank you so very much for your kind review. We are delighted that you are happy with your new Tokai 1.76 high index lenses. Glass lenses no longer provide the clarity of vision that current lens technology can offer. We have converted many a glass wearer into the Tokai for the exact reasons you have outlined. I am very grateful to you for taking the time to leave a review.
Have a great day.
Warm regards,
Tina & the team.
I have been using GFL for over six years for reglazing my rimless frames. Their choice of top end progressive and specialist lenses is extensive. Team members were extremely helpful and knowledgeable and ensured I ordered the best product for my needs. I was regularly updated on the progress of the order and delivery. Furthermore, as I live in France, GFL lenses are at least a third of the price I would pay for EXACTLY the same product. I have total confidence in GFL and will continue to buy from them in future. Highly recommended! Margaret Birch
Excellent service no hassel, glasses arrived in good time with no problems. Bravo Tom Hanson
Have used this family firm several times for purchasing varifocals .Excellent service and value for money. Thank you .
It was an absolute joy doing business with Glasses Frames and Lenses and I will definitely use them next time I need glasses. I have horrible vision and I don't have a lot of options here in the U.S. for decent priced thin lenses. I haven't found a place here that even sells tokai lenses and you definitely can't buy glass lenses here. If you have really bad vision like me you're just supposed to wear contacts or suck it up and look like your glasses are from the 80's. I've worn contacts since I was 14 (21 yrs) and started wearing glasses again off and on 15 yrs ago after getting fussed at by my eye Dr for not giving my eyes a break. This is the second pair of glasses I've bought from the UK (good experiences both places) but I went with GFL because they have the tokai lenses and the other place didn't. I actually got semi rimless and they look pretty good even though I wear like -10's. They also worked with me on changing my order when the frames I wanted were major backordered. The shipping company they use is really good too. The only issue I had was the glasses got held up in customs in Chicago. That wasn't their fault though it was just customs being overly cautious. All in all I'm very happy with my glasses and with the customer service I received from Glasses Frames and Lenses, I highly recommend them:).
Don't think twice - Steve and his team are simply superb. As a +6 prescription and my first pair of varifocal glasses (+1.75 add), I was a little nervous but the Tokai 1.76 lenses are just outstanding in every respect. They were spot on from the instant I put them on. I was so impressed with Steve's knowledge, I also had two pairs of single vision sunglasses, again with the Tokai 1.76 lenses, which allowed me to go for slightly larger sunglasses frames than I have done previously. The lens edge thickness on my metal frames was unbelievable, and the plastic frames are virtually indistinguishable from the normal designer version that you would buy in the shops. Having worn glasses for 48 years, this buying experience was simply the best to date and worth every penny. If you want to see photographic proof, get in touch with Steve & I will happily send him some pictures.
My prescription is minus 10. GFL discussed my requirements, made recommendations and even sent anticipated edge thickness calculations. Having worn high index glass all my life I am delighted with the Tokai 1.76's recommended which are thinner than 1.7 glass and significantly lighter and of course much safer. GFL provide a friendly, efficient and prompt service at a price which can't be beaten and emphasizes the unreasonable prices charged on the high street. I will be using them for all future needs!
I was quite frustrated at first with the long waiting time (due to shipping time back and ford, and manufacturing time for free form lenses), and the fact that I often had to ask for update (which they normally rely within couple of hours but still, I think an automatic update by email or on order page would be nice and help avoid a lot of frustration). However, when I received my glazed glasses, I was pleasantly surprised that I decided to give them a positive feedback. GFL is one of very few stores that can offer high index free form lens with Transition (normally you can only have either free form lens or transition lens, not both). The package arrived with a hand writing note and even Transition certification card. The 1.76 DA Tokai lenses are not cheap but really offer good value: thin and flat lenses, take little time to get used to, and they come with very good and hydrophobic coating (unlike my last pair of Crizal which claimed to be hydrophobic and antistatic but they actually get wet and dirty easily).
Unbeatable service and great value for money.
Glasses Frames and Lenses Ltd is rated 4.89 based on 306 reviews