Glasses Frames and Lenses Ltd Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend Glasses Frames and Lenses Ltd

How would you rate Glasses Frames and Lenses Ltd?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

"Don't think twice - Steve and his team are simply superb. As a +6 prescription and my first pair of varifocal glasses (+1.75 add), I was a little nervous but the Tokai 1.76 lenses are just outstanding in every respect. They were spot on from the instant I put them on. I was so impressed with Steve's knowledge, I also had two pairs of single vision sunglasses, again with the Tokai 1.76 lenses, which allowed me to go for slightly larger sunglasses frames than I have done previously. The lens edge thickness on my metal frames was unbelievable, and the plastic frames are virtually indistinguishable from the normal designer version that you would buy in the shops. Having worn glasses for 48 years, this buying experience was simply the best to date and worth every penny. If you want to see photographic proof, get in touch with Steve & I will happily send him some pictures."
"My prescription is minus 10. GFL discussed my requirements, made recommendations and even sent anticipated edge thickness calculations. Having worn high index glass all my life I am delighted with the Tokai 1.76's recommended which are thinner than 1.7 glass and significantly lighter and of course much safer. GFL provide a friendly, efficient and prompt service at a price which can't be beaten and emphasizes the unreasonable prices charged on the high street. I will be using them for all future needs!"
"I was quite frustrated at first with the long waiting time (due to shipping time back and ford, and manufacturing time for free form lenses), and the fact that I often had to ask for update (which they normally rely within couple of hours but still, I think an automatic update by email or on order page would be nice and help avoid a lot of frustration). However, when I received my glazed glasses, I was pleasantly surprised that I decided to give them a positive feedback. GFL is one of very few stores that can offer high index free form lens with Transition (normally you can only have either free form lens or transition lens, not both). The package arrived with a hand writing note and even Transition certification card. The 1.76 DA Tokai lenses are not cheap but really offer good value: thin and flat lenses, take little time to get used to, and they come with very good and hydrophobic coating (unlike my last pair of Crizal which claimed to be hydrophobic and antistatic but they actually get wet and dirty easily)."
Richard Scarborough
Unverified Reviewer
"Unbeatable service and great value for money."
"First visit: Excellent service by very friendly staff"
"Professional and friendly service as usual. This is our 4th order and we will not go anywhere else for our glasses. Excellent value compared to glasses in France where we live."
"Marvellous service, made having glasses for the first time a fun experience. Eyes tested, frames chosen and glasses made within an hour. Brilliant."
"Friendly prompt service. Glasses are great."
"Called in to see if the scratch on one of my glasses could be polished out, unfortunately it was too deep so opted for new lenses made to a 3rd party prescription. Over whelmed by the options available to me but with excellent guidance the order was placed. Collected finished glasses 7 days later, very pleased with both the quality of the lenses and the professional way my order was processed. Would and have recommend."
"Feel really good about the way I chose my new glasses this morning. Plenty of time to browse alone - huge range, then genuine advice to whittle down my shortlist. And I know from previous experience here that the quality will be the best. You can see the prices for yourselves."
David H ,herts
Verified Reviewer
"super quality and service"
"The service given by glasses frames and lenses was excellent. They gave 100% in helping me with my dilemma of broken sunglasses. That I needed to be replaced I quick time. Will definitely be using again. Have already and will recommend the company Thank you"
Jenny Hall
Verified Buyer
"excellent customer service and advice. easy to understand information"
"The people at GFL are very helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly, but are let down by the technology around them. The site itself takes an age to load the homepage (from an IT perspective, it seems to be waiting for some sort of timeout before finally displaying.) The frame selection only allows filtering by one criteria at a time (i can't filter for all black, rectangular, frames in the £100-£150 price range, for example.) Of the frames on the site, not all are available in the colours shown, which I got bitten by, multiple times, in my "Try at Home" attempts. The "Try at Home" service is very good however, and handled quickly, after some problems with Paypal. This is useful, as after choosing both the frames and the lenses, I was told my choices don't fit together and had to choose yet another frame (again, my first choice colours were not available despite still being listed on the site). Finally, the finished product... Does, what it says on the tin! One arm wobbles slightly (though I've been assured this is normal, despite never having seen this before. Perhaps it's a foible of the 1.76 DA Tokai lenses?), and the Super Duper Hydrophobic coating doesn't seem all that hydrophobic at all, but the transitions stuff works! All in all, great value for money (for the 1.76 DA, Tokai lenses) and absolutely lovely people, average product, frustrating website. In two minds as to whether or not I would return."
Mike Copeman
Verified Buyer
"It is so refreshing to be served by professional opticians who are enthusiastic about what they are doing. The people at GFL genuinely want to use their expertise to give you not only a good buying experience but an ongoing delight with exceptional products, tailored to meet your need. I liked everything about the experience. It was not the usual conveyor belt experience, because of that I have glasses I actually look forward to wearing. Well done GFL and thank you, we will be back!!"
"I visited the offices and found friendly, informative staff who put me at my ease. I ordered a pair of glasses with a special coating to keep UV rays from penetrating the lens and still paid half the price quoted by my local Optician! I'd recommend this company without any hesitation. I had them delivered direct to my home and they arrived the following day. Thank you - I'll be back."
"The best frame I've had, JKL Oval, broke. Liz and her team searched for and located what was probably the last pair in the world. The frames arrived this week, and my lenses slipped in perfectly. Thank you for taking customer service so seriously. You have won a fan!"
"Because they took time to listen"
"Just ordered and received my first pair of glasses. I live locally so visited the offices the whole experience was excellent. The staff are so helpful, patient and friendly nothing to much trouble. Liz helped me with my selection of glasses and she was brilliant. I have no hesitation in recommending Glasses, Frames and Lenses. Thankyou for all your help. Kind Regards Val Hall"
"Syed.(Colchester) Just like a circle,true to its centre,a promise made and a promise kept. "Your vision,our care",how apt this turned out to be. A genuine team,so open and honest,mirroring the open plan premises, no barriers. Steve provided unbiased,objective and verifiable information about every aspect of visual need.Even a "look behind the scene" was afforded. A benevolent and philanthropic group,nothing scripted,so natural. A 300Mile round trip was worth every penny. This is the BENCHMARK,others need to consider,a vision for the future, the Jewel in the Crown. My experience and YOURS to COME."
Good morning Syed,

Thank you so much for your warm comments. It is our pleasure to be of service to you. Steve has 37 years lens manufacturing experience, and therefore with the benefit of his vast knowledge, we are able to offer our customers a more in-depth customer focus to ensure we look after their needs. As a family business, we strive hard to ensure that our customers do not feel like just another number, we do care passionately and I am thrilled at your comments. Thank you very much for taking the time to share them for others to see.
We look forward to being of service to you again.
With very warm regards,
Tina, Steve and the team.
Glasses Frames and Lenses Ltd is rated 4.89 based on 290 reviews