Glasses Frames and Lenses Ltd Reviews

96% of reviewers recommend Glasses Frames and Lenses Ltd

Tell us how Glasses Frames and Lenses Ltd made you happy

"I have been using GFL for over six years for reglazing my rimless frames. Their choice of top end progressive and specialist lenses is extensive. Team members were extremely helpful and knowledgeable and ensured I ordered the best product for my needs. I was regularly updated on the progress of the order and delivery. Furthermore, as I live in France, GFL lenses are at least a third of the price I would pay for EXACTLY the same product. I have total confidence in GFL and will continue to buy from them in future. Highly recommended! Margaret Birch"
"Excellent service no hassel, glasses arrived in good time with no problems. Bravo Tom Hanson"
"Have used this family firm several times for purchasing varifocals .Excellent service and value for money. Thank you ."
"It was an absolute joy doing business with Glasses Frames and Lenses and I will definitely use them next time I need glasses. I have horrible vision and I don't have a lot of options here in the U.S. for decent priced thin lenses. I haven't found a place here that even sells tokai lenses and you definitely can't buy glass lenses here. If you have really bad vision like me you're just supposed to wear contacts or suck it up and look like your glasses are from the 80's. I've worn contacts since I was 14 (21 yrs) and started wearing glasses again off and on 15 yrs ago after getting fussed at by my eye Dr for not giving my eyes a break. This is the second pair of glasses I've bought from the UK (good experiences both places) but I went with GFL because they have the tokai lenses and the other place didn't. I actually got semi rimless and they look pretty good even though I wear like -10's. They also worked with me on changing my order when the frames I wanted were major backordered. The shipping company they use is really good too. The only issue I had was the glasses got held up in customs in Chicago. That wasn't their fault though it was just customs being overly cautious. All in all I'm very happy with my glasses and with the customer service I received from Glasses Frames and Lenses, I highly recommend them:)."
"After 2 goes, they still could not get them right. Refuse to refund, they are not very nice people... And they don't seem to care, nor seem to know what they are talking about... You'd be better off, buying from some foreign seller on eBay.... for all the good GFL is. Don't buy from GFL, you WILL regret it. I am..."
"Me to, reght from the start of my purchase with GFL I had problems. 6 months, 4 sets of lenses, keep asking for a refund... but no, I have to take legal action. OCCS tells me that with out an optometrist, they are NOT allowed to sell 'complex' lenses or sell any 'Kids' prescription glasses. But they do.... Buyer beware... don't buy from GFL... there is NO back up, and they don't know what they are talking about."
"From the start of my purchase with GFL I had problems. Lens distortion on my -9 index new glasses, so they had to go back and get buffed. I still have not been able to wear the glasses as they give me terrible headaches. Not sure why as I've not had this problem before. Don't ever buy from this company!!!"
"Don't think twice - Steve and his team are simply superb. As a +6 prescription and my first pair of varifocal glasses (+1.75 add), I was a little nervous but the Tokai 1.76 lenses are just outstanding in every respect. They were spot on from the instant I put them on. I was so impressed with Steve's knowledge, I also had two pairs of single vision sunglasses, again with the Tokai 1.76 lenses, which allowed me to go for slightly larger sunglasses frames than I have done previously. The lens edge thickness on my metal frames was unbelievable, and the plastic frames are virtually indistinguishable from the normal designer version that you would buy in the shops. Having worn glasses for 48 years, this buying experience was simply the best to date and worth every penny. If you want to see photographic proof, get in touch with Steve & I will happily send him some pictures."
"My prescription is minus 10. GFL discussed my requirements, made recommendations and even sent anticipated edge thickness calculations. Having worn high index glass all my life I am delighted with the Tokai 1.76's recommended which are thinner than 1.7 glass and significantly lighter and of course much safer. GFL provide a friendly, efficient and prompt service at a price which can't be beaten and emphasizes the unreasonable prices charged on the high street. I will be using them for all future needs!"
"I was quite frustrated at first with the long waiting time (due to shipping time back and ford, and manufacturing time for free form lenses), and the fact that I often had to ask for update (which they normally rely within couple of hours but still, I think an automatic update by email or on order page would be nice and help avoid a lot of frustration). However, when I received my glazed glasses, I was pleasantly surprised that I decided to give them a positive feedback. GFL is one of very few stores that can offer high index free form lens with Transition (normally you can only have either free form lens or transition lens, not both). The package arrived with a hand writing note and even Transition certification card. The 1.76 DA Tokai lenses are not cheap but really offer good value: thin and flat lenses, take little time to get used to, and they come with very good and hydrophobic coating (unlike my last pair of Crizal which claimed to be hydrophobic and antistatic but they actually get wet and dirty easily)."
"Unbeatable service and great value for money."
"First visit: Excellent service by very friendly staff"
"Professional and friendly service as usual. This is our 4th order and we will not go anywhere else for our glasses. Excellent value compared to glasses in France where we live."
"Marvellous service, made having glasses for the first time a fun experience. Eyes tested, frames chosen and glasses made within an hour. Brilliant."
"Friendly prompt service. Glasses are great."
"Called in to see if the scratch on one of my glasses could be polished out, unfortunately it was too deep so opted for new lenses made to a 3rd party prescription. Over whelmed by the options available to me but with excellent guidance the order was placed. Collected finished glasses 7 days later, very pleased with both the quality of the lenses and the professional way my order was processed. Would and have recommend."
"Feel really good about the way I chose my new glasses this morning. Plenty of time to browse alone - huge range, then genuine advice to whittle down my shortlist. And I know from previous experience here that the quality will be the best. You can see the prices for yourselves."
"super quality and service"
"The service given by glasses frames and lenses was excellent. They gave 100% in helping me with my dilemma of broken sunglasses. That I needed to be replaced I quick time. Will definitely be using again. Have already and will recommend the company Thank you"
"excellent customer service and advice. easy to understand information"
Glasses Frames and Lenses Ltd is rated 4.85 based on 297 reviews