Glasses Frames and Lenses Ltd Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend Glasses Frames and Lenses Ltd

Tell us how Glasses Frames and Lenses Ltd made you happy

"Saved £120 on my Jaeger London 13 frames against high street price. Was thrilled with the saving. It was the first time I had used GFL and was a bit nervous of spending so much on frames on the internet. But the frames arrived after 5 days and are perfect. My only comment would be that I could not see order progress on line. So I e-mailed after 4 days. I had a response within hours and was happy with the response, service and frames."
"Extremely helpful, first class technical advice and excellent fast service, I am delighted with my new Tokai 1.76 high index lenses. After many years of wearing 1.9 high index glass lenses, prescribed by High Street opticians for my severe short sight (-10), my new Tokai lenses are not only half the weight and virtually as thin but give me improved brighter vision without the worry of expensive glass breakage. Highly recommended."
Dear Bryan,
Thank you so very much for your kind review. We are delighted that you are happy with your new Tokai 1.76 high index lenses. Glass lenses no longer provide the clarity of vision that current lens technology can offer. We have converted many a glass wearer into the Tokai for the exact reasons you have outlined. I am very grateful to you for taking the time to leave a review.
Have a great day.
Warm regards,
Tina & the team.
"I have been using GFL for over six years for reglazing my rimless frames. Their choice of top end progressive and specialist lenses is extensive. Team members were extremely helpful and knowledgeable and ensured I ordered the best product for my needs. I was regularly updated on the progress of the order and delivery. Furthermore, as I live in France, GFL lenses are at least a third of the price I would pay for EXACTLY the same product. I have total confidence in GFL and will continue to buy from them in future. Highly recommended! Margaret Birch"
"Excellent service no hassel, glasses arrived in good time with no problems. Bravo Tom Hanson"
"Have used this family firm several times for purchasing varifocals .Excellent service and value for money. Thank you ."
"It was an absolute joy doing business with Glasses Frames and Lenses and I will definitely use them next time I need glasses. I have horrible vision and I don't have a lot of options here in the U.S. for decent priced thin lenses. I haven't found a place here that even sells tokai lenses and you definitely can't buy glass lenses here. If you have really bad vision like me you're just supposed to wear contacts or suck it up and look like your glasses are from the 80's. I've worn contacts since I was 14 (21 yrs) and started wearing glasses again off and on 15 yrs ago after getting fussed at by my eye Dr for not giving my eyes a break. This is the second pair of glasses I've bought from the UK (good experiences both places) but I went with GFL because they have the tokai lenses and the other place didn't. I actually got semi rimless and they look pretty good even though I wear like -10's. They also worked with me on changing my order when the frames I wanted were major backordered. The shipping company they use is really good too. The only issue I had was the glasses got held up in customs in Chicago. That wasn't their fault though it was just customs being overly cautious. All in all I'm very happy with my glasses and with the customer service I received from Glasses Frames and Lenses, I highly recommend them:)."
"Don't think twice - Steve and his team are simply superb. As a +6 prescription and my first pair of varifocal glasses (+1.75 add), I was a little nervous but the Tokai 1.76 lenses are just outstanding in every respect. They were spot on from the instant I put them on. I was so impressed with Steve's knowledge, I also had two pairs of single vision sunglasses, again with the Tokai 1.76 lenses, which allowed me to go for slightly larger sunglasses frames than I have done previously. The lens edge thickness on my metal frames was unbelievable, and the plastic frames are virtually indistinguishable from the normal designer version that you would buy in the shops. Having worn glasses for 48 years, this buying experience was simply the best to date and worth every penny. If you want to see photographic proof, get in touch with Steve & I will happily send him some pictures."
"My prescription is minus 10. GFL discussed my requirements, made recommendations and even sent anticipated edge thickness calculations. Having worn high index glass all my life I am delighted with the Tokai 1.76's recommended which are thinner than 1.7 glass and significantly lighter and of course much safer. GFL provide a friendly, efficient and prompt service at a price which can't be beaten and emphasizes the unreasonable prices charged on the high street. I will be using them for all future needs!"
"I was quite frustrated at first with the long waiting time (due to shipping time back and ford, and manufacturing time for free form lenses), and the fact that I often had to ask for update (which they normally rely within couple of hours but still, I think an automatic update by email or on order page would be nice and help avoid a lot of frustration). However, when I received my glazed glasses, I was pleasantly surprised that I decided to give them a positive feedback. GFL is one of very few stores that can offer high index free form lens with Transition (normally you can only have either free form lens or transition lens, not both). The package arrived with a hand writing note and even Transition certification card. The 1.76 DA Tokai lenses are not cheap but really offer good value: thin and flat lenses, take little time to get used to, and they come with very good and hydrophobic coating (unlike my last pair of Crizal which claimed to be hydrophobic and antistatic but they actually get wet and dirty easily)."
"Unbeatable service and great value for money."
"First visit: Excellent service by very friendly staff"
"Professional and friendly service as usual. This is our 4th order and we will not go anywhere else for our glasses. Excellent value compared to glasses in France where we live."
"Marvellous service, made having glasses for the first time a fun experience. Eyes tested, frames chosen and glasses made within an hour. Brilliant."
"Friendly prompt service. Glasses are great."
"Called in to see if the scratch on one of my glasses could be polished out, unfortunately it was too deep so opted for new lenses made to a 3rd party prescription. Over whelmed by the options available to me but with excellent guidance the order was placed. Collected finished glasses 7 days later, very pleased with both the quality of the lenses and the professional way my order was processed. Would and have recommend."
"Feel really good about the way I chose my new glasses this morning. Plenty of time to browse alone - huge range, then genuine advice to whittle down my shortlist. And I know from previous experience here that the quality will be the best. You can see the prices for yourselves."
"super quality and service"
"The service given by glasses frames and lenses was excellent. They gave 100% in helping me with my dilemma of broken sunglasses. That I needed to be replaced I quick time. Will definitely be using again. Have already and will recommend the company Thank you"
"excellent customer service and advice. easy to understand information"
"The people at GFL are very helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly, but are let down by the technology around them. The site itself takes an age to load the homepage (from an IT perspective, it seems to be waiting for some sort of timeout before finally displaying.) The frame selection only allows filtering by one criteria at a time (i can't filter for all black, rectangular, frames in the £100-£150 price range, for example.) Of the frames on the site, not all are available in the colours shown, which I got bitten by, multiple times, in my "Try at Home" attempts. The "Try at Home" service is very good however, and handled quickly, after some problems with Paypal. This is useful, as after choosing both the frames and the lenses, I was told my choices don't fit together and had to choose yet another frame (again, my first choice colours were not available despite still being listed on the site). Finally, the finished product... Does, what it says on the tin! One arm wobbles slightly (though I've been assured this is normal, despite never having seen this before. Perhaps it's a foible of the 1.76 DA Tokai lenses?), and the Super Duper Hydrophobic coating doesn't seem all that hydrophobic at all, but the transitions stuff works! All in all, great value for money (for the 1.76 DA, Tokai lenses) and absolutely lovely people, average product, frustrating website. In two minds as to whether or not I would return."
Glasses Frames and Lenses Ltd is rated 4.89 based on 296 reviews