Glasses Direct Reviews

Gemini House, Hargreaves Road, Groundwell, Wiltshire United Kingdom

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how Glasses Direct made you happy

"Very poor customer service. They didn't bother trying to contact me when there was a query with my order. I rang them but there is a pre-recorded announcement saying they are too busy to answer. I ended up e-mailing but you get a different person replying to each message and they still don't answer your query. In the end I cancelled my order."
Are you Glasses Direct? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Ordered two pairs 8th January 2018 and at end of February have still received nothing other than excuses. When you telephone them (last week) they have a pre-recorded message saying that they are so busy answering emails that nobody is taking calls. Clearly going out of business."
"Do NOT buy from these. I purchased 3 pairs of glasses: One badly made, one hurt my nose and one I didn't like. I returned all 3 pairs, asking for a refund on 1 pair and alteration on the other 2 pairs. Over the last 5 weeks I have had several different excuses regarding the whereabouts of my returned glasses. It started with them saying they've returned 2 pairs and refunded 1 pair. After many emails back and forth, they said they'll deal with it. Now they're saying they haven't received my glasses, despite me seeing on royal mail tracking that they back in mid January, along with their claim to have returned them to me. It's infuriating. I just want my glasses/refund. What's going on?"
"Seems like you only reply to me when I leave an angry review online. Okay, let's try reviews.co.uk now. Awful service. Ordered a trial. Took them over a week just to send it. A system error, they said. Or maybe no stock. They weren't sure. Anyways, after 2 home trials, I picked what I want. over a week later they send me an email asking to confirm my prescription. Honestly, I was expecting the glasses to arrive by then, especially since all the info was provided from the offset. Fine. Sent them a picture of myself, so they can measure my PD. Another bloody week later, they email saying that for compliance reasons they need a photocopy of my prescription (why not ask when ordering???!!). This wasn't made explicit in the email at all! Fuckig, fine. Sent a picture of my prescription. Does it work? Does it not? Is my order being fulfilled? Should I just give up on my new glasses? And no, we don't care that you had a busy Black Friday. If you offer something then make sure you can fulfill it. Or at least have the decency to respond in an appropriate manner. You said that my query was marked as urgent. So why can't you respond? It's been 2 days from the last email. Feel free to call the phone number, they say. Okay. Let's try the number. Just wasted 25 (!) minutes of my life - no bloody answer. No buying glasses online for me no more"
"I tried to buy glasses from Glasses Direct. They took my money and then said they needed to ask me a question. I replied they could ask me via email. They insisted I call them but refused to tell me why. I suspected they just wanted to sell me more stuff. In the end I said either send me my specs or refund me my money. They refunded my money. I still don't know why they wanted me to call them. What a waste of my time."
"Sorry i got involved with them. should always remember if it seems to good to be true it normally is. Taken my money and are now unable to contact. ARE THEY IN FINANCIAL TROUBLE AND STILL TAKING ORDERS. stay clear."
"Followed a Martin Lewis lead for two pairs of glasses for £15.00, led to glasses direct site. filled in all asked, Nothing like the Martin Lewis price. I could not understand whether I was only purchasing 1 pair or two pairs for £17.00 plus postage, decided to go ahead, and the site crashed. No more thank you. Should have gone to specsavers"
"I can't comment upon the product but the website messed me around so badly that I could not make a purchase of 2 pairs with prescription. What a dreadful waste of 30 mins."
"They quibled too much over my prescription, maybe it was too expensive for them !?, they were a bit of a nightmare and I had to request a re-fund for my 2nd order, They were recommended by a friend on Facebook but I would recommend a high street opticians like Spec Savers as I would be getting a better service, whats more is you will get a proper fitting to ensure the frames are set correctly, this does not happen with online opticians !. overall a poor experiance with Glasses Direct"
"If you are going into LIQUIDATION? pls advise so I may make alternative arrangements for my glasses. Lines closed & no glasses, no response to emails no refund nothing. What is going on??? BUYER BEWARE there are people all over FB in same predicament left without glasses."
"4th Nov 2018 ordered 2 pairs, Payment came out of bank account 5th Nov. 2 weeks no glasses 3 weeks no answer to email They are not answering phone at all one month no glasses rumour.......apparently going in to administration ? so now looking to get money back through visa"
"Absolutely terrible service. Glasses sent to the wrong address. 40minutes waiting for them to pick up the phone and 5 days to reply to email. Haven't received either of the two pairs. I left a FB message just platitudes no solution. 100% AVOID"
"glasses were dreadful quality. marked on temple, hinge was chipped, overall quality was very very poor. obviously the "value" range is from China which probably cost about £2. Customer service on the phone is less than impressive. Clearly they havent been trained in delivering good customer service. Delivery was prompt though."
"Paid a small fortune for a pair of varifocals the leg fell off because the screw came out and we were asked to pay just short of £40.00 a 1/3 of the price for a new frame ( the leg was lost in a restaurant)as they don't supply spares they had only been used a few times I feel this should not have happened in the first place and is a bit of a rip off"
"Waited a month and just got excuses after excuses Don’t use them they take your money and fail to deliver"
"I paid for four persons of glasses 2for reading 2for shortsighted, came back with broken cases and lens not even fitted I was refused repairs"
"THINK TWO WISE BEFORE BUYING FROM THIS COMPANY . two month after ordered my glasses, they arrived 'not very happy with it at all, the lens did not match my prescription , sent it back and after one week i received the same lens, i lost £70 , customer service not good , quality not good , my recommendation is buy from high street which are better value and services."
"If it sounds too god to be true......... Made my order and gave them my prescription. Then they sent me yet another letter claiming they need a better pupil distance measurement so they would need an old pair of glasses (I had already sent a measurement from my current pair) and would send a prepaid envelope. Which never arrived. I cancelled after a couple of weeks back and forth when it became quite apparent online ordering of prescription glasses is never going to be as easy as they claim, or certainly reliable. Relying on customers to take their own measurements etc is a recipe for disaster Whilst on paper it all seems like a good idea. It aint a pleasant experience and at the end of the day can you trust the results anyway? Back to the high strasse for me."
"Great service and good glasses"
"Not sure where to begin - never had hassle from Glasses Direct before and have purchased several pairs over the last couple of years - no real problems until I needed to return some glasses that were not suitable and chose a different pair. First of all they tell me the new glasses were sent to the lab and after not hearing anything for 5 days, I email them and 3 days later the respond to my email saying they were wrong and have now been sent to the lab....4 days later I receive the new glasses which have been made up with the WRONG prescription - nothing like the 'free' pair that came with the original returned glasses. So now, nearly 3 weeks later, I still do not have a decent pair of glasses, only the 'free' second pair. I will have to send these back and wait another 10 days or more for the correct pair - if that ever happens. Not sure what's happened to Glasses Direct but they just don't care anymore - you get slow email responses and standard 'copy and paste' replies and no attempt to placate the customer or offer any goodwill. Seriously, go to the high street and maybe spend a bit more and SAVE the hassle. AVOID this company,"
Glasses Direct is rated 2.67 based on 49 reviews