Glasses Direct Reviews

Gemini House, Hargreaves Road, Groundwell, Wiltshire United Kingdom

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how Glasses Direct made you happy

"Terrible experience. I ordered varifocals.. very cheap price but when they arrived the vision was not right. I since had them checked at A local optician who informed me that there are many other measurements that are needed for a varifocal to be effective that glasses direct do not ask for.... waste of money. Would never use them again."
Are you Glasses Direct? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"cause i could see again"
"They quibled too much over my prescription, maybe it was too expensive for them !?, they were a bit of a nightmare and I had to request a re-fund for my 2nd order, They were recommended by a friend on Facebook but I would recommend a high street opticians like Spec Savers as I would be getting a better service, whats more is you will get a proper fitting to ensure the frames are set correctly, this does not happen with online opticians !. overall a poor experiance with Glasses Direct"
"They would not process my order on both occasions because of my prescription, It was sorted the first time, but after my new order only a few weeks from the first, problems again !?. Prescriptions are supposed to be valid for two years, mine has another year of validity, whats the bloody problem !!?"
"Had their 2 frames for one offer. Sent in my current prescription and new glasses arrived a few days later. Both pairs are really nice and Im very pleased. You do have to be comfortable though with translating your prescription and doing any minor fitting adustments yourself."
"If it sounds too god to be true......... Made my order and gave them my prescription. Then they sent me yet another letter claiming they need a better pupil distance measurement so they would need an old pair of glasses (I had already sent a measurement from my current pair) and would send a prepaid envelope. Which never arrived. I cancelled after a couple of weeks back and forth when it became quite apparent online ordering of prescription glasses is never going to be as easy as they claim, or certainly reliable. Relying on customers to take their own measurements etc is a recipe for disaster Whilst on paper it all seems like a good idea. It aint a pleasant experience and at the end of the day can you trust the results anyway? Back to the high strasse for me."
"Not sure where to begin - never had hassle from Glasses Direct before and have purchased several pairs over the last couple of years - no real problems until I needed to return some glasses that were not suitable and chose a different pair. First of all they tell me the new glasses were sent to the lab and after not hearing anything for 5 days, I email them and 3 days later the respond to my email saying they were wrong and have now been sent to the lab....4 days later I receive the new glasses which have been made up with the WRONG prescription - nothing like the 'free' pair that came with the original returned glasses. So now, nearly 3 weeks later, I still do not have a decent pair of glasses, only the 'free' second pair. I will have to send these back and wait another 10 days or more for the correct pair - if that ever happens. Not sure what's happened to Glasses Direct but they just don't care anymore - you get slow email responses and standard 'copy and paste' replies and no attempt to placate the customer or offer any goodwill. Seriously, go to the high street and maybe spend a bit more and SAVE the hassle. AVOID this company,"
"Home trail frames never delivered, order marked as returned on order tracking. No failed delivery notification and nothing from their customer services as to why. Went back to high street opticians, who are more expensive but at least I can see!"
"Great service and good glasses"
Glasses Direct is rated 2.67 based on 49 reviews