GigGear Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend GigGear

About GigGear: GigGear is a musical instrument shop based in Harlow, Essex with over 25 years of service. We supply electric guitars, guitar amps, acoustic guitars, electro acoustic guitars, bass guitars, acoustic drums, electric drums, PA systems, keyboards, pianos, music accessories and more to the UK and Europe.

We are main dealers for many leading top brands including Gibson, Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Roland, BOSS, Pearl, Mapex, Zildjian, Sabian, Remo, TC Electronic, Ashdown and Mackie with trained, knowledgeable staff dedicated to supplying expert advice.

Our store has an on-site workshop that delivers a truly professional service for guitar, amp, bass, drum and brass & woodwind repairs or general maintenance. We also have a team of GigGear music tutors that teach from our dedicated tuition rooms with guitar lessons, bass lessons, drum lessons, piano lessons and more available.

Our Harlow Superstore is within easy reach of London and the Home Counties including Hertfordshire - Hertford, Ware, Bishops Stortford, Hatfield and Welwyn, Cambridge, Berkshire and Kent.

Our website (www.giggear.co.uk) and mail order team provide the same high level of service and competitive pricing that our store customers receive, ensuring a professional and satisfying experience is had whether you buy online or in-store.

sales@giggear.co.uk

Unit B St James Centre,East Road,Harlow,Essex

Click Here

Tell us how GigGear made you happy

Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Jacklyn Stansfield
"I find the staff always helpful and informative."
Steve Bevan
"Always helpful with a good selection of professional equipment. Recommended."
Paul Davidson
"For well over 20 odd years i have all ways loved the service and friendly atmosphere. I have bin recommending the shop and bringing friends there for so meany years. I look forward to meany more years of shopping with Giggear and wish them all the very best of luck in the new shop.... Rev-Paul Davidson. From: 3D ECHO.... The Palm tree Club... and Black Dog days..."
"I was pretty clueless when I arrived at GigGear, so much so, that I had to bring a guitar tutor with me. However the highly professional and friendly staff soon put me at my ease and I now have an amazing 😉 steel strung guitar which sounds awesome, even with me plonking around on it. There was so much choice but I felt I could have experimented all day until I finally found the perfect match."
"good service."
"Over the years have bought quite a bit of gear and the service has always been 1st class.Highly recommended."
"Where to start? Been a customer virtually since the GigGear opened. To be honest, at first I found it a bit more ‘characterless superstore’ than ‘local music shop’, but in a relatively short time scale it evolved into a friendly place for musicians, (and drummers!) staffed by musicians. Always a good selection of gear and always competitively priced. With the one exception of a Squier Bullet Strat, where they didn’t even try to compete with Argos, they have always been willing to sort out deal that suited me. Never had any work done in their workshop but Barry is a legend and I have had a couple of guitars set up by him when he was at his previous shop. Friends I’ve recommended GigGear to have, without exception, been satisfied and returned. Even though it’s my local music shop, I would travel farther afield if I wasn’t satisfied with the products, prices and service. I haven’t!"
"What a really great bunch of people who sorted out my guitar electrics issue and helped me avoid a huge cost of repair by being smart about the problem . Really recommend them and their range of great equipment and advice . The Go -To music destination !"
"Great, fast reliable service. Item was well packed and arrived quickly. Exactly as described."
"Nothing but positive experiences with this shop. I am learning the guitar. Learning being the operative word, but, I have had nothing but positive experiences with this shop which is why I travel over an hour from my home town to go here (even though there are music stores nearer to where I live). I initially bought my guitar case, capo and wall support from GigGear. (I had bought an acoustic guitar somewhere else before I discovered this shop). Then, I decided to buy an electric guitar settling for the wonderful Epiphone WildKat plus amp. Me being a beginner, they helpfully plugged it in and played it for me so I could have an idea about the tone. Now that I have my electric guitar, I'm going back to buy an Epiphone hard case for it. The staff have been nothing but helpful and accommodating. If they were nearer to me, I would take guitar lessons with them as well but I fear getting stuck on the M25 en route. All in all, it's a great store with great folk."
"I have recently ordered a couple of items, using the online system for the first time. The telephone enquiry system was excellent. The guy on the end of the line was prompt answering the call. He was very friendly and very helpful. I received email updates on the progress of the items, and the items arrived on time. Excellent service."
"Great service and fast delivery! Thank you!!"
"Excellent product and excellent service."
"Good price and fast service. Thanks Gig gear!"
"Loads of good stuff in stock, always seem to have what I want. Good value. Very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly staff."
"I recently visited GigGear for information about microphones and purchased one with the help of a member of staff. He was very informative and friendly. Would recommend GigGear and its staff to anyone"
"Just got a Faith Venus acoustic guitar from Gig Gear. I'm over the moon with it enjoying every strum. Rob at the store was great help taking me through all that was on offer within my budget and explaining the differences. He put on a mean show with his playing ability to demonstrate what sounds could be made as well. Thanks Mark."
"GigGear are always wonderfully helpful."
"Excellent communication, item quickly sent - well packaged. Mix up with case quickly rectified ( item which was originally missing was quickly sent ). Highly recommend"
"They listed an item which I struggled to find elsewhere so ordered it having never used them before. I received an email the next day to say they were out of stock and that some were due in on the Monday and it'd be sent out. Sure enough I got the item as promised and was kept up to date. Only thing that would have been useful was of the website had said they were out of stock (apologies if it did and I missed it!). Would use again."
"Fantastic range of instruments, unbiased and practical advice and never pressurised into making a purchase. Great people to do musical business with."
"My son has guitar lessons at GigGear and says he really enjoys the way he has been taught as it made it easy to understand"
GigGear is rated 4.94 based on 1,366 reviews