GigGear Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend GigGear

About GigGear: GigGear is a musical instrument shop based in Harlow, Essex with over 25 years of service. We supply electric guitars, guitar amps, acoustic guitars, electro acoustic guitars, bass guitars, acoustic drums, electric drums, PA systems, keyboards, pianos, music accessories and more to the UK and Europe.

We are main dealers for many leading top brands including Gibson, Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Roland, BOSS, Pearl, Mapex, Zildjian, Sabian, Remo, TC Electronic, Ashdown and Mackie with trained, knowledgeable staff dedicated to supplying expert advice.

Our store has an on-site workshop that delivers a truly professional service for guitar, amp, bass, drum and brass & woodwind repairs or general maintenance. We also have a team of GigGear music tutors that teach from our dedicated tuition rooms with guitar lessons, bass lessons, drum lessons, piano lessons and more available.

Our Harlow Superstore is within easy reach of London and the Home Counties including Hertfordshire - Hertford, Ware, Bishops Stortford, Hatfield and Welwyn, Cambridge, Berkshire and Kent.

Our website (www.giggear.co.uk) and mail order team provide the same high level of service and competitive pricing that our store customers receive, ensuring a professional and satisfying experience is had whether you buy online or in-store.

sales@giggear.co.uk

17 - 18 St James Centre,
East Road,
Harlow,
Essex

How would you rate GigGear?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

Alexander Ekelund
Alexander Ekelund
Verified Buyer
"Very satisfied with my purchase. Smooth communication, fast delivery and well packed. In love with my new guitar!"
John Seabrook
John Seabrook
Verified Buyer
"My benchmark for a great music store is whether it`s the kind of place where you would be happy just hanging out......GigGear fits the bill perfectly....sometimes I`ve spent hundreds, sometimes just twenty or so, sometimes just a pack of strings......sometimes just to try a guitar out or chew the fat.....the staff have always got time for their customers - no matter what their likely spend is going to be. I know of other stores with bigger profiles or bigger (usually self promoted) reputations but none better than GigGear......they will always have first call on my business......way to go, guys."
Mark Bateman
Mark Bateman
Verified Buyer
"Buying a ukulele and a stand the company emailed as soon as they identified the stand would be delayed by a few days giving me the option to continue with order or cancel. The ukulele arrived promptly."
Mark Nardone
Verified Buyer
"A fantastic buying experience - the guys were very helpful, and our eventual purchase of a Yamaha piano was a really nice experience - cheers!"
Eric Wright
Verified Buyer
"The strings arrived on time and are now on my start, very happy."
Matt Balderstone
Verified Buyer
"Great description of the product that really helped make up my mind that this was the one that would suit my needs the best. Checkout was smooth, quick delivery, and item was very well packed. GigGear is a trusted reseller for me now."
Daniel Hele
Verified Buyer
"Very friendly staff and whenever I take equipment to be serviced always helpful and service is of a high quality"
Carol Reid
Verified Buyer
"Called in on the off chance that I could get my 8 string Tenor Ukulele restrung. Had already bought a wire string for the 2nd G string and had checked on line the night before that you stocked Aquila Tenor 8 strings, which, happy to say, you do! Barry was able to restring my Ukulele for me while I waited. Good to catch up on local news, have a play on the new ukuleles in stock and peruse the music books and accessories. Made to feel, as an old friend of Giggear, enjoyed my conversations with staff present. Barry has done a splendid job on my ukulele, thanked him personally. Also bought some guitar cleaner as recommended by Rob, which has bought the solid wood up beautifully. Left a very happy customer!"
Fiona Kimberley
Verified Buyer
"I called the shop before ordering to get some information on the best tuner to order for my boyfriend who is a beginner bass guitar. Very helpful and advised me best one to order. I placed the order for a tuner and guitar stand on line via website, choose signed for delivery at 2.99 which is a great price and the items were with me the next morning. Boyfriends birthday presents sorted in less than 24 hours and he was really happy with them. Thank you GigGear"
"It was easy to order the exact heads I was looking for. The price was good; plus free postage and a quick delivery. This was my first contact with GigGear but I don't think it will be my last!"
Jane Watts
Verified Buyer
"The team at GigGear are always incredibly helpful and friendly. I always enjoy visiting the shop and they go out of their way to make you welcome. The store carries a good stock of fab gear and the team are very knowledgable about everything. 10/10 all round!"
Brian Mixter
Verified Buyer
"Competitive prices, good prompt service and very friendly efficient staff, highly recommended."
Glenn Fyvie
Verified Buyer
"Order arrived way quicker than I expected, superb service! I’ll be back!"
"Best price and fast delivery with updates at each stage."
Sam Levett
Verified Buyer
"Very happy with my purchase. Very quick delivery"
James Reay
Verified Buyer
"It took me a while to find a dealer who could provide me with all the individual guitar string gauges I was looking for. They arrived promptly and were exactly what I ordered. I was impressed by the service and courteous correspondence. I won't hesitate to use them again."
"Excellent communication and superb genuine products."
"Good service, no complaints!"
Matt Smith
Verified Buyer
"Very good customer service. Kept me up to date and well informed on my order in a very polite, friendly and professional manner."
Sam Palmer
Verified Buyer
"Easy to find stuff, quick delivery and good quality."
Ronald Martin
Verified Buyer
"Was trying to find a Squier vintage modified Jaguar in a particular colour. Unfortunately it is unavailable until March. GigGear offered it in an alternative colour and it arrived next day, in perfect condition. I was very impressed with the effort the guys made to get it to me so quickly, and love the guitar and the colour even though it wasn't my original choice. Excellent service I would definitely recommend. Thanks again. Ronnie"
"I'd ordered a bass cab and the US manufacturer was experiencing delay problems in shipping to the UK distributed. GigGear kept me informed of the bad news and eventually the good news of its arrival, price reduction and delivery date. I am particularly impressed with the persistence with which my order was chased and I have no hesitation in recommending GigGear as an excellent company and will be using their services again especially as the nearest music shop is very limited in range and some 20+ miles away."
Cliff Laimable
Verified Buyer
"Knowledgable, attentive staff. Great range of equipment for all levels from beginner to accomplished musicians."
GigGear is rated 4.94 based on 1,136 reviews