Gecko Mobile Reviews

of reviewers recommend Gecko Mobile
Read Gecko Mobile Reviews

support@geckomobilerecycling.co.uk

Unit 16, Michael Browning Way, Exeter

not the best service, lost phone then offered a much less price for phone. experience quite disappointing and stressful. much improvements required
(Recycling) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Natasha, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I can see your phone was located in our Unclaimed Area, where phones are stored when they arrive without a way to identify their owners right away. Your phone had a cracked rear glass, which our website explains makes the phone Faulty, and so our Team offered you a more accurate value. We thank you for accepting this offer, instead of requesting your phone be returned to you for free.
Service didn't run smooth as phone was lost after receipt by gecko. Then price was reduced from the quote (what a surprise!) even though the phone had always been kept in a case. We didn't get chances to query the quote and the payment was made. I would not use this service again and do not recommend gecko.
(Recycling) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Philip, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I can see your phone was located in our Unclaimed Area, where phones are stored safely if they arrive without a way to identify their owner right away. Our Technicians emailed to offer a new value, and after five days without your response to request a free return, the payment was automatically sent to you as advised.
It was ok but a lower back price than said, up to 90% lower, because they said it didn’t turn on or charge, even though it did when I still had it.
(Recycling) - Posted 2 months ago
Unfortunately I required two replacement phones before I got one that worked correctly, this process took nearly a month. Quality control needs to improve
(Shop) - Posted 2 months ago
Bought 2 iPhone 7 Plus phones for granddaughters Christmas presents, one worked okay, the other was faulty. It was replaced but 2nd phone was faulty also. Finally received an acceptable phone on 3rd attempt. Although customer services dealt with the problem, the whole process took a month to resolve. Quality control needs to be much improved!!!
(Shop) - Posted 2 months ago
Process straight forward. I think they over quote initially to get you to choose them and then significantly reduce it once it has been looked at. My quote was reduced to half even though the description I had given was accurate.
(Recycling) - Posted 4 months ago
Hi Kate, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm afraid I'm not able to single out your order from the details I see here alone, but if you'd like to reach out to our Support Team, they'd be happy to share the full Electronic Test Records for your phone with you on request.
Was offered £150 then only given £76. Reason was a scratched screen although I didn’t believe it was too bad.
(Recycling) - Posted 4 months ago
Hi Graeme, Thank you for sharing your feedback. I can see when the phone was assessed the Team found the heavy scratching to the phone's display were too severe to be classed as minor damage, so unfortunately the offer was revised.
Brilliant service. Phone was absolutely immaculate :)
I am pleased you are happy with the phone and service :) P.s. we would be grateful if you could update your 2 stars to more if that was in error.
Was sent two different phones that both had faults. Ended up with no phone for 2 weeks and in the end sending them back for a refund and purchasing from GiffGaff. Will not use the service again.
We are so sorry to hear of your negative experience. While a small proportion of phones from any seller may have faults, it is incredibly rare to have 2 in a row. We can only apologise, and hope you give us another chance to put this right.
Very good service excellent phone great value thank you
Said there was a problem with the battery but phone was working fine and just passed a health check
(Recycling) - Posted 10 months ago
Item arrived without a sim tray. I purchased my own sim tray and put sim in. The sim then got stuck as the phone was faulty. I was very disappointed.
Apologies for this. We did send a replacement SIM tray first class as soon as we were made aware. I can see this has not been resolved, but do let us know if you require further assistance.
Was not given the price I was quoted despite it being in condition I said it would be - faulty
(Recycling) - Posted 1 year ago
Offers you less once they’ve got your device even though you choose the option broken.
(Recycling) - Posted 1 year ago
I am sorry to hear of your negative experience, but thank you for taking the time to share it. Unfortunately your device was BER (Beyond Economical Repair).
Just because I didn’t read the email and respond within 24 hours the price was reduced from £80 to £58.
(Recycling) - Posted 1 year ago
We received your phone almost 1 week after the initial offer expired, in which time the wider market had dropped. If we had received your phone within the 10 day timeframe you would have received the full amount quoted. Sorry for any confusion/disappointment.
Wasn't made clear that offer might change mine dropped from £138 to £15
(Recycling) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi Jack. Sorry to hear that. If the device is beyond economic repair we offer an adjusted price, or free return of the unit.
Offer was halved when I sent it off with no reasoning after I filled in the all questions asked exactly how the condition the phone was in. Feel like the original offer was just there to get you to send the device in the first place. Very misleading probably wouldn’t use again
(Recycling) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi Chris, I'm sorry to hear that. Unfortunately we do not accept devices with irreparable faults. Thank you for providing feedback.
You downgraded my fee (cited terms and conditions) because of wear and tear. I am not bothered in disputing this, but safe to say, I will never use you again and will not recommend you.
(Recycling) - Posted 2 years ago
Was originally happy with offer, which was reduced by £100 on final offer due to the screen.
(Recycling) - Posted 2 years ago
Hi Ray, thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately your display was badly damaged, so we were unable to offer the full Good price. If you had registered your sale as Faulty, you would have got the full price you were expecting. I'm sorry you were disappointed in the price in this instance, and we hope to see you again in the future.
Found it hard to deal with you find a phone no and to receive money over a week to get paid and the money still is not in my account.
(Recycling) - Posted 2 years ago
Hi Ruth, thanks for the review. I can see that your device arrived on the 5th, and we attempted to pay the full price you were quoted on the same day, but unfortunately the bank account number and sort code you had entered were incorrect. We reached out to tell you this, you then provided the correct details, and we sent payment again. The money should now be in your account, but please feel free to reach out to our support if it is not.
Gecko Mobile is rated 4.77 based on 1,660 reviews