Gecko Mobile Reviews

Based on 2,025 reviews
Read Gecko Mobile Reviews

support@geckomobilerecycling.co.uk

Unit 16, Michael Browning Way, Exeter

After ordering an iPad and paying for next day delivery no item arrived ,as it was the weekend no customer service was available.On Monday I contacted the company and was informed that DPD had lost the item and I would have to claim compensation from them ,after stating that the contract of sale was with Gecko not DPD and threatening with trading standards a refund was given and I was able to purchase item from a reliable seller,steer well clear.
(Shop) - Posted 2 days ago
Assessment is full of lies. Will not use you again.
(Recycling) - Posted 1 month ago
Claimed phone was damage and reduced offer. No evidence of damage just a made up issue. Phone has lived in a case with a screen protector on all its life and in no way was it damaged! Daylight robbery. Avoid
(Recycling) - Posted 3 months ago
Only gave £1 for a working iPhone.
(Recycling) - Posted 5 months ago
Phone given different payment and problems giving def not in phone handset when sent
(Recycling) - Posted 5 months ago
Can’t be trusted
Thank you for sharing your feedback. Please check your email; we have reached out to see how we can improve your experience.
Typical give you an offer then make some random excuses to pay you less. another unhappy person they all should be held to account sadly no one will . So they will continue to rob the hard working public.
(Recycling) - Posted 10 months ago
I have brought a phone and it came with a loose and damaged screen however wasn’t advertised like that and now I have to pay extra to get the phone fixed when it came broken . Do not shop from here unless you want to be scammed
(Shop) - Posted 11 months ago
The phone FaceID only worked for 3 days. The screen cracked been put on a mantel piece. I found out only Apple can fix faceid and wouldn’t because Gecko had replaced the screen with the cheapest possible. Gecko wouldn’t refund me because of their screen being inadequate or fix the faceid - they said I’d caused significant accidental damage - never use this company.
Over £100 offered online Under £20 given What a joke
(Recycling) - Posted 1 year ago
No crack on screen but on return I’m told there was which knocked £20.00 off the phone price. Not happy and won’t be using these guys again
(Recycling) - Posted 1 year ago
Wrong phone delivered. Sent bs k and current one not working 200%. Was wanting iPhone 8 but no reply back from gecko so I won’t be recommending
(Shop) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi Anne, Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm concerned that I can find no order history or emails by searching for your name as it appears here. Please feel free to email us again through our Contact Us page on our website and we would be more than happy to assist you with your queries.
The phone was failed because it was claimed to have many numerous deep scratches in the screen. I believe the phone was in good condition with no significant marks to either the screen or the case. The offer was reduced from £88.50 to £55.52! I accepted it because I couldn’t be bothered to go through the process of somebody else providing a high initial quotation only to find that it was a figure that would never be paid. Needles to say I will not be recommending you and will almost certainly never use the service again. Also telephone contact doesn’t exist Very disappointed!
(Recycling) - Posted 1 year ago
The phone was not arrive
Hi Gabriel, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I understand we are awaiting the outcome of a Claim with Royal Mail for Loss currently, which should be arriving any day now. We'll be in touch to update you again soon.
Avoid Gecko Mobile. I bought a reconditioned mobile and paid £20 for a battery upgrade. They do not reply to emails asking for a refund and customer service after they have your money is non-existent. Stick to using a larger supplier is my advice. There is no customer service telephone service, only emails which are ignored
(Shop) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi Mike, Thank you for your feedback - We're sorry to see you're disappointed. Having looked through the conversation history, I can see that all emails have been responded to by our Team, to explain that sadly, the Battery Upgrade Service you're referring to is non-refundable, as explained on our website.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY My son sent his mobile phone to this company for recycling and was offered over £200 and a prepaid envelope which didn’t cover the cost of the phone. The phone was lost in the post and now they are only paid him £100 not the original £200 as quoted. They are refusing to pay the extra even though they knew the phone was worth more than the claim. I wonder how many other phones they are claiming they didn’t receive and pocketing the money. I HAVE USED MORE HONEST RECYCLING COMPANIES. DO NOT USE!
Hi Ethan, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We provide a Freepost service to all our customers, but advise that customers may wish to purchase their own postage to cover high value items. I understand that Royal Mail have accepted full liability for losing your phone, with the full amount they compensated being forwarded to you already without delay. I am sorry that we are not able to impact the value they choose to compensate to in this instance.
Bad. I have a perfectly good phone and they only gave me a percentage of what they first offered me
(Recycling) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Your order shows a new price was offered and accepted, following our assessment that your phone was too severely scratched to fall under the Good Condition category. We are always happy to return phones to customers if they are not 100% satisfied with a revised offer.
Disappointed. Item reclassified as poor when it had no scratches, screen marks or dents. Only marks was from “grit” from having a case on it which is extremely common. Worst recycle experience having done so several times over the year with other companies. Only reason I accepted was because I couldnt be bothered with the hassle of returning then trying elsewhere.
(Recycling) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi Gordon, Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to see you're disappointed. Our website explains that we can only accept minor wear under the Good Condition category, and our Team found that the grit damage you mention was just too severe to be considered as minor damage, and so made you an adjusted offer. We are always happy to return phones to customers if they are not 100% satisfied with the revised offer.
Gecko offered me £152 for my immaculate iPhone 8 then paid me £99... I tried to reject the offer but the link ‘conveniently’ wouldn’t work! I’m disgusted and fuming! PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY I reported them to the police!!!!
(Recycling) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi Pawel, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Looking at your order I can see that you'd accidentally clicked our link to accept the revised offer, which is why the Return link would not work for you thereafter. We understand these things happen, so our Support Team are always happy to help reverse such mistakes manually upon request.
Very unhappy customer - will never use again
(Recycling) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi Tracy, Thank you for your feedback. I'm afraid I'm not able to look further into this for you using the information I can see here. If you'd like to reach out to our Support Team, they'd be happy to help address any concerns you may have.
Gecko Mobile is rated 4.8 based on 2,025 reviews