Gecko Mobile Reviews

Based on 2,028 reviews
Read Gecko Mobile Reviews

support@geckomobilerecycling.co.uk

Unit 16, Michael Browning Way, Exeter

This is the second phone I’ve bought via Gecko . The quality once again surpassed my expectations - the iPhone was immaculate - yet I only bought ‘good ‘. So impressed with the fast service and Secure delivery too . Would highly recommend .
Bought an iPhone 8 Plus for my dad. Love it. Very happy, arrived fast and amazing condition.
(Shop) - Posted 1 year ago
Honestly, I never expected a faster turn around to allow me to recycle my phone and also give me the best price for my iPhone. These guys are one of the most communicative and trustworthy in the business. Communicated every step of the way and I would recommend them to anyone. 🙌🏻 I wouldnt think twice about recycling my phone with them again!
(Recycling) - Posted 2 years ago
Excellent service. Phone arrived quickly with excellent communication throughout.
After being offered an online price of £173 for a good condition iPhone 7, I was offered £66 after their inspection due to a chip on the screen and crack in the battery lense, neither of which were there when I sent the phone in. I Have explained this to them but it is my word against theirs, just wish I’d taken a photo of my phone before I sent it as it was in perfect condition (sent it in bubble wrap and 2 boxes so doubt it was damaged in transit). Others beware and make sure you have proof the phone was in good condition before you send it. I’m currently awaiting a response from them. I’ll keep you posted on what happens next.......
Hi Samatha, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback, and for sharing your experience with others. Please contact our support if you feel your handset was damaged in transit. We can make a Royal Mail claim on your behalf. I can assure you your device was not damaged here as all items are opened and processed under CCTV, which I have reviewed. I can see that we took care when opening the package and processing your device. Your handset was not dropped or mishandled whatsoever.
Gecko were the highest paying company on comparemymobile.com for my phone, they offered £240 for a phone on the basis that it was in working condition. The first problem was that the ‘free postage’ offered does not include tracking or insurance so I had to pay an additional £7 to post the phone. After receiving the phone they then sent a revised offer of £160 because the phone apparently failed a battery health check and had dents and scratches (there are no dents on the phone). I had the battery checked by Apple a month ago and they said there were no issues. Next time I won’t just go for the highest price. I’ll check which supplier has got the most good reviews.
Hi Nick, Thank you for sharing your experience and providing us with your valuable feedback. To my knowledge no other recycler offers fully insured postage. If they do, I am sure it would be priced into the offer anyhow. Similarly, if your device has heavy cosmetic wear and you do not want an adjusted offer, it may be worth using one of the few recyclers who do not evaluate handsets based on condition but offer less because of that. We ALWAYS pay the full price advertised for devices which are as described and meet our T&Cs. We do accept devices with normal cosmetic wear without adjusting the offer, however dents would be classed as "Poor" condition (the price and criteria of which are clearly displayed on our website, which you did not visit as you placed your order via a comparison site). Could you please reach out to our support and we will be happy to share the test records and photos of your handset (we are unable to contact you or look up your order as you only included your first name in your review). I am sorry our service did not work out for you this time, and we hope to see you again in the future.
Condition adjudged poor when already sent despite an immaculate screen
(Recycling) - Posted 3 years ago
They are the worst company I have ever had dealings with. Absolute cowboys. Anyone using this cowboy outfit is crazy. Lies after lies. Then send my phone back and it’s broken even though it was perfectly fine when I sent it to them. I have contacted trading standards about them Oh and don’t get me started on the so called customer service Honestly do not touch this mob with a barge poll
This review is false and defamatory. Martin sent in a faulty phone as working, and then proceeded to use threatening and abusive language when we proposed an adjusted offer to account for this (see this screenshot: http://bit.ly/2wziJrs). We therefore returned the handset at no cost to Martin.
A most excellent service. Prompt, efficient, friendly. From the freepost pack arriving the next day, to the pay on the same day my handset arrived, the entire process was a breeze. Would 100% recommend and will use again.
Got offered £268 for a Samsung s20 ultra 5g. Sent phone off after received wrong label inside packaging. After checking came back with an offer of £204 with a few marks on side of device. Phone has a screen protector fitted as standard and has been in a case constantly. Be careful using this company as too easy to accept the revised offer like I did as will take 5 days to get phone back. Just go with a company who gives you a guaranteed offer as phone in good condition. £68 quid out of pocket. Gave 2 stars because of speedy payment. Cheers
(Recycling) - Posted 3 months ago
Claimed phone was damage and reduced offer. No evidence of damage just a made up issue. Phone has lived in a case with a screen protector on all its life and in no way was it damaged! Daylight robbery. Avoid
(Recycling) - Posted 3 months ago
Con artists. Gecko deliberately inflate their offer prices to entice you to send your phone. My phone which fitted the description of a ‘good’ phone was recategorised as ‘poor’. A ‘technician’ stated that it ‘rainbowed’ between screen and LCD; what utter tosh. Consequently, I was offered two thirds the original offer price. I duly took, because let’s face it, all these mobile recycling companies are out to turn a profit and are no doubt equally dishonest. Lesson learnt; sell privately in future. Lastly, why isn’t any photo graphic evidence given with regards to the survey they carry out????
(Recycling) - Posted 4 months ago
Brilliant service very happy will recommend. Very efficient delivery came next day very please.
(Shop) - Posted 10 months ago
Class compsny
Excellent price, phone and delivery. Phone was like new. Thanks
(Shop) - Posted 1 year ago
Bought a iPhone X max in excellent condition, it arrived very promptly and was like new I can’t find any damage on it at all. Very pleased with the phone and I would recommend that if you are looking for a second hand phone go to gecko mobile.
(Shop) - Posted 1 year ago
Geckos, the lizards, are scaly, dry & fast reptiles - nothing like Gecko, the communication hardware specialists, who are professional, good value & have a great customer service dept.
(Shop) - Posted 1 year ago
I bought an Iphone 8 for my niece which was in perfect condition and it was cheaper from the market rate. I received next day delivery and my niece is very happy with her phone.
(Shop) - Posted 1 year ago
A good measure of service is when things go wrong. In our case, 5 or 6 mths after purchase the phone went wrong and a return and replacement was quick and efficient. Very happy with that. We are repeat customers.
(Shop) - Posted 1 year ago
The phone was failed because it was claimed to have many numerous deep scratches in the screen. I believe the phone was in good condition with no significant marks to either the screen or the case. The offer was reduced from £88.50 to £55.52! I accepted it because I couldn’t be bothered to go through the process of somebody else providing a high initial quotation only to find that it was a figure that would never be paid. Needles to say I will not be recommending you and will almost certainly never use the service again. Also telephone contact doesn’t exist Very disappointed!
(Recycling) - Posted 1 year ago