Gecko Mobile Recycling Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend Gecko Mobile Recycling

support@geckomobilerecycling.co.uk

Queensgate House, 48 Queen Street

How would you rate Gecko Mobile Recycling ?

"Gecko gave the best price. I had a welcome pack the following day. I returnedy mobile phone immediately and within 24 hours, the money they had agreed was in my bank. Superb service. Would definitely use again."
"Great service, informed at every step of the process. Same day payout and the price that was quoted. Highly recommend."
Charlotte Williams
Verified Reviewer
"Absolutely fantastic service. So quick and the communication was fab. The price offered for my phone was the best too. Thank you for a really easy and efficient service. Would highly recommend."
"Fantastic service!! Posted my phone on Thursday morning and was updated throughout the whole process from receipt of item to payment made. Money in my bank by Friday teatime. Would definitely use again, thankyou."
"The whole process, from start to finish, is incredibly slick and professional. Not only do Gecko offer the best prices on the UK market bar none - in my case a premium of more than 30% over the major networks, and I know I'm not alone - their automated and personalised communication is spot on. I posted my handset on a Monday; by 1pm on the Tuesday, I knew they had it; by 3pm, they'd told me they'd processed it and were paying me; and, by 6pm, I had the money in may account. Seamless, personal, and personable. TO BE VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Do I make myself clear?"
"Totally easy and efficient process. They did exactly what they said they would, from start to finish, with money in my account within hours of receipt of my phone. Absolutely faultless, no hesitation to recommend. Brilliant service!"
"Fantastic company. Accurate quote and super fast process time. Would highly recommend"
"Excellent service throughout-1 slight hiccup quickly sorted-highly recommend them to anyone wishing to dispose of phone"
"The whole exercise was carried through without a hitch"
"The best price offered for my mobile & free next day postage. I was kept up to speed with all aspects and the price quoted was what I received the same day that Gecko received my mobile, I would recommend to anyone."
"Phone sent on a Saturday morning,received by Gecko on Tuesday morning, full amount transferred into my bank account same evening. Great service"
Jessica Hamel
"Excellent service, fast, hassle free, would highly recommend! Sent my phone off and within 48 hours I had the money in my bank!"
"Please be aware you only have 5 days to agree to the prices!! I was in hospital when the phone was sent in, so was unable to decline the offer. For the price I got (£168 instead of £310), I would have preferred to keep the handset. I replied as soon as I was able to check my emails, only to be told the handset had been recycled (surprising how quick this was since I was told it had a fault.......)"
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

We were sorry to hear that due to being in hospital you did not have an opportunity to decline our adjusted offer, which was made because the handset was 128GB (not 256GB as stated) and had a faulty proximity sensor.

Like all recyclers, we do require a response within a set timeframe. As you are aware, we did do our best to reverse the transaction, but unfortunately in this instance your handset was no longer in our possession when you got in touch, so it was not possible to return it.
"Such an easy process. Got paid the full amount the same day they got my phone. Have used other companies in the past who take ages to pay, and try to offer a lower amount when they have the phone. Excellent work."
"Phone posted Tuesday afternoon, payment in bank account Wednesday evening. Excellent communication throughout."
"Payment was in my account the day they received the phone and paid what the initial quote, brilliant!!"
"Professional prompt and extremely helpful. Great service thank you."
"Sent my phone in to be recycled and they said it had pixel damage which was fallacious. I’m actually reviewing with the same telephone they said wasn’t so great. Yes I changed the screen from white to black so it could look like a 8plus until I could afford one. Nonetheless, I sent my original box with earphones, phone case, usb cable and chargers. I asked for my item to be returned to me and after 5 days only the phone was returned. I have since sent 4 emails and Gecko mobile have refused to even acknowledge or sent a courtesy email. Following their behaviour I’m gobsmacked at the sort of reviews they are getting here. It doesn’t match what I am currently experiencing. All I want is my accessories back for God’s sake. I even sent proof of postage to them but it looks like a bunch of scam mongers again waiting till I go and seek legal action before they finally own up to tor misdeamanours. Maybe they think I’ll just keep quite and forget. No I’m going to find whoever regulates this sector and raise a complaint as well as further awareness of the terrible behaviour. Won’t recommend to anyone"
Hi Victor, thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

The main reason the price was adjusted is that you had customised the handset by replacing the white display with a black one. Unfortunately, customising your device like that affects the resale value, and we adjusted our offer accordingly.

It is incorrect to say that we did not respond to your emails. We emailed you on Mar 28 at 8:50 AM and again Tuesday at 10:13 AM - we have not received a response to this final email at time of writing.

Regarding accessories, as explained, like all recyclers, due to the volume of devices we process, and the logistics of tracking and storing boxes and accessories, we discard all but the handset once the package arrives. We do make this clear in our information leaflet, T&Cs and other pages on our website.
"Super quick service and sold for a very competitive price"
"Excellent service much better than competitors. Offer was very fair quick payment highly recommend"
Gecko Mobile Recycling is rated 4.86 based on 154 reviews