Gear4music.com Reviews

Gear4music.com have a Customer Happiness Grade of D. Customers love their customer service but are unhappy with their delivery and refunds. Full Insights

30% of reviewers recommend Gear4music.com
10AM
10AM

Unit 2 Great North Way York Business Park, York United Kingdom

Category:
Business & Office

Telephone

How would you rate Gear4music.com ?

"The £73 headphones I purchased the left earphone snapped off after 5 months. As it was under 6 months it was for them to put things right or refund. However they wanted me to pay for return with no guarantee how they would be returned. They are a wast of time."
"I purchased a DJ mixer with a guarantee that it would be delivered two days later. It was sent to (the courier) DPD who told me it was ready for collection from my local DPD collection point when it wasn't. This continued for three consecutive days (with me spending hours on the phone to Gear4Music and DPD) until Gear4Music promised me they'd post another item directly to my home address. They then contacted me the following day to say that there was an issue at their depot and that I wouldn't receive the item for another day. And then they called me back to say it would be a further working day. All in all I had to wait an entire week until my package was delivered."
"Exceptional customer service and knowledgable staff."
"I ordered an epiphone tribute plus guitar from gear4music. The instrument turned out to be defected. Since then i have been trying to contact them for instructions on returning the guitar. The customer service will reply once or twice a week to my multiple emails; their replies are not clear at all. Its been almost two weeks and they have been of no help. Gear4music has successfully ruined my experience of buying a new guitar. I had been saving for it for a year and had been looking forward to it - it has turned out a complete disaster. Wont recommend it unless you are either very brave or very patient!"
"Wanted a delivery to a specific address on a particular day and paid for special delivery. Lo and behold..it did not happen. Gear4music fobbed me off with inane and feeble excuses. Apathetic staff, after they have got your money...of course. Had to pay additional £100 to another courier to redirect my goods. I wonder where this company tie there horses up !"
"I’m very disappointed with my new piano which was delivered today(((I opened the box and found that the piano has got two big cracks at the wooden top and at the backing panel. I don’t know why and where it happened, but kids were really upset to see their broken piano."
"Had a pair of Shure SRH440 from these people on 19/04/2018 at £ 73.19 and they lasted just a couple of months before the Left headphone snapped off at the hinge. On checking the plastic on the hing is about a quarter on an inch thick so it is not surprising. On informing them they commented as below. Would I send pictures as the one they had would not open.( this was unsurprising as I had not sent them any pictures ) They also said without seeing them that they did class issues like these as warranty claims as they would not be a manufacturing fault. So it appears that they can make assumptions without ever seeing the problem. I would not purchase anything from or made by this company and recommend keeping away from this company."
"I ordered two rare yamaha guitars, an AC3M and AC3R, could get them anywhere else, great prices and delivery was next day"
"I have an old Sigma Guitar and needed a gig bag. The logo is the same as the one on my headstock and that meant something to me. The problem I have is that I live in the US. Sigma's are only sold everywhere else. G4M had the best price on the bag and BY FAR the best shipping rate. It took 1 week to the day to get the bag from Europe and through customs. I am super impressed. I will buy again if I have any unique needs like this one again. Bag was perfect for my 30+ year old dreadnought. Highly recommend this company."
"I wasted 4 days waiting for them to deliver 4 items. They never arrived so I had to ask for a full refund. Total waste of time. On their site they guaranteed next day delivery and I paid for that yet I received nothing. I had to contact the courier (TNT) myself and got in between the 2 companies on a double dialogue that was a nightmare. I waited the whole day as I was told I needed to sign and no one came, no one called me and no one apologised. The tracking system of TNT is a joke and the info changes from one second to another, impossible to know where your stuff is.They supposedly rearranged another delivery which again, failed and yet another day was wasted. TNT told me one thing while Gear4Music told me another one, no one took responsibility, Gear4music never offered a partial refund or voucher as compensation (they didn't even offer to refund me the 1 day delivery fee they charged me!). In the end I could not enjoy the items I needed quickly and had to send email after email in order to get a refund. A TOTAL NIGHTMARE. STAY AWAY"
"Horrible experience. Have ordered my guitar 26th of July 2018 for next day delivery to a self pick up shop. Today is 30th of July, still no guitar. I contact gear4music, they tell me to sort this out myself with dpd (what an excellent customer service), I ask for their (Dylan Goodacre Hall's) line manager's contact, to which he never replies. I doubt this shop is genuine guys, they don't deliver stuff you have paid your money for. Don't trust them"
"Gear4music has let me down. I bought a Nord Stage from them in August 2017. I had to return the keyboard in April because of faulty software issues. I got the keyboard back yesterday after 2 and a half months and the end panel and front casing is so damaged as if it has been dropped. Gear4music have just informed me that it will be at least two months before they can repair the damage. Communication from their customer was awful. I rang several times over the 2 and a half months for information and I was told I would be called back but nobody called me back. I could not recommend Gear4music or Nord based on my experience."
"We ordered an instrument, Gear4 took the card details over the phone and said that the instrument would come the next day. My husband waited in all day and it did not arrive. This was the day before Good Friday, so we could not contact them by the time the day was over. On Tuesday my husband rang up and was told that the order "failed a security check" so our order was never sent. We never got an email or a telephone call informing us that this had happened. My debit card was used for this transaction, a card that is used constantly and has never been failed or put through a security check for any reason; but more to the point, the failure to let us know is inexcusable and frankly downright unprofessional. I would never use this company again and would advise other people to do the same."
"Very fast service they care about the customer"
"Bought a piano from their website on 25th Deecember. It was on sale, they had 8 in stock (have a print screen photo) and the website said it'll be delivered on 28th December 2017. On 27th i got an email saying the delivery was moved on 9th Jan 2018. Then, agan, yesterday, 8th Jan 2018 they've sent another email saying they can't deliver as the product isn't in stock. I called them and the CS guy could only tell me that there were 8 buyers who clicked "buy" in the same time. Who can believe that? Last time i've checked it isn't a poker website. They've never called me to explain the situation altough i bought a 600 pounds item, their emails were very plain like a copy paste text, I would never recommend. On top of that, the piano was/is a gift which we're still waiting. Never ever in my life had to wait for 2 weeks and counting for somethig bought online. It's absurd and i will write about this here daily until my piano arrives. I assume the sale is finished and they expect me to call and either cancel the order or swap for a similar product. Which i won't do because i bought it when they had 8 pianos in stock."
"So after they delayed my previous order ( W2199923 ) by a whole 2 months, i decided to give them a 2nd chance. I even asked them this time for the availability of item and they replied that the item is available to ship. So i put in my 2nd order (W2318881) and they have delayed it 3 times already. I cant describe how much angry i am right now. They have wasted 2 months for me and i still dont have my item."
"I will never ever use gear 4 music or recommend very disappointed I will never ever use gear 4 music again and will not be recommending them either for they have wasted five days of my life after I paid next day delivery which never came to phone them every day to be told every day they promised it will come the following day and it never did the last straw was been told on Saturday it definitely will come sunday I waited all day till 5.30 to be told its coming Monday ...I feel like they took the mickey out of me and fobbed me off and did not care as a few word of a apologies is not good enough and I cancelled my order and want my money back I feel I should get some kind of compensation for all my wasted time I had to endured as I booked a week off to sort xmas gifts ...places to go and things to do and due to being messed about full of promises that was broken every day I got nothing done I am very disappointed and upset with my ordeal ...I will never recommend this company to no one!!!!"
"Excellent service - fast delivery & well informed staff on the help line. Shame they do not as yet sell all the ad-ons for Superior Drummer 3."
"Bought a KAM Ultracluster RGB party laser at an unbeatable price with fast and free delivery. Arrived in time absolutely recommend them. The party laser is amazing looking forward to impress guests on our next party"
"Gear4Music took a very long time to sort out my return. All they had to do was send me a return label which is what Gear4Music said was going to happen like 3 days previously. I did not hear back once since 5 days. I received an email finally from customer services "the wrong item was sent due to a picking error". I have had to wait over a week for Gear4Music to resolve the label issue. I have phoned their customer service number & been on hold for 14 minutes and I hung up. Non-stop prerecorded messages about doing things via their website! Well I had but wasn't getting anywhere! Now I am still awaiting for a refund since April 3rd. The item was collected by DPD. Gear4Music customer service and after sales is very, very poor! Don't think I'll be ordering from Gear4Music again in a hurry!"
Gear4music.com is rated 2.20 based on 20 reviews