The Policy Shop Reviews

12% of reviewers recommend The Policy Shop

How would you rate The Policy Shop ?

"Now robbed 2 deposits off me. They're nothing but scum bags"
"Atrocious They are an INSURANCE BROKERS not an insurance company which just means they're a sales team trying to make a quick buck. You'll end up paying twice the amount that you originally paid for, when you cotton on to their scam they won't let you cancel the contract and make up load of costs that you apparently have to pay and start threatening you with bailiffs. Avoid like the plague! Very stressful experience!"
"Sat on the phone for over 35 mins today listening to poor music."
"Worst insurance company ever have to bloat per mile cant drive we're and when you want have to stay at home nearly every night so if you got a girlfriend who don't live with you worst policy ever and the charges after they have already had a months payment of me when I cancelled the day after my direct debit came out of 300 for the month they still wanted 150 after I had another insurer , company has extausianet prices"
"We had home & buildings cover with The Policy Shop for many years and were very happy with them, paying about £300pa. This year, the renewal came from Insurance Choice (I assume they bought the previous provider) at £450! I tried twice to ring their renewals team, both times all handlers are busy and we will call you back (they didn't). Reluctantly, went back to the Comparison sites and got the same cover for £210. Their greed has cost them our business."
"They provided a very competitive quote for the first year; then the premium for the 2nd year was two and one half times that for the first year so I went elsewhere. I have no experience with how they handle claims as I have not made a claim"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 9 months ago
"You can't charge people if they sell there car. And want to cancel the policy. These lot want money to cancel the policy. What a joke ... What a rubbish company. Am making watch dog complaints what a joke company useless"
"This company charges my son £285 for 1000 miles cannot believe it. He can't even drive up to go and see the universities he wants to go. What a rip off total joke ripping off students. To get to insurance we said were selling the car and said they want £900. WHAT A JOKE. THE CARS NOT WORTH £900."
"was easy to do"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 10 months ago
"DO NOT GO WITH THIS COMPANY! They will rip you off. As a teenager, I expect my car insurance to be high so when I got a Peugeot 307 estate insured for £2100, I expected it. But then I moved from Skegness to Grimsby where I had disclose my address due to having to have a black box. The woman on the phone was obnoxious and sarcastic. I told her my new address and she made me wait 5 minutes for a price. I expected a simple admin fee. But, I repeat BUT. It was £500 extra! I told her that it must be a joke? No, it was not. I had no choice but not pay this as a home career who relies on her car. I did ask whether I could cancel my policy. She said because I pay monthly, (which was approxiamtely £157.something which turned into £217.50 a month), that I would have cancellation costs as well as having to pay the rest of the policy off anyway. Well, that doesn’t give you much choice. You’re stuck in a no win zone. Now I’m finally moving into my own home in Christmas and I bet it will go up even more, that will be a lovely Christmas present. Thank you MyPolicy for poor communication, lying advertisements and extortionate prices. You make driving so enjoyable."
"Quick easy and very good"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
"Stay well clear rip of people they want 55 just to change a car on my policy admin fee always on hold my advice don't bother stay clear"
"Needed to extend period of Buildings Insurance Policy , e mailed Policy Shop 17th August with autoresponse they will come back within 5 days 14 days later still no response...typical from past experience they are ONLY set up to SELL Policies on the telephone with intolerable after sales service - I am driven elsewhere! 1.9.2017"
"It took days to get through and when we did we were told it was the wrong dept even though it was the number given to us really frustrating should get their act together we are still waiting for a reply after sending in an estimate two weeks ago shall be ringing them tomorrow and won't be using them next year would rather pay a bit more an get a better service"
"A good company"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
"Customer service is shocking, 20 minute queue for calls is normal and you often get cut off and have to start again. Wouldn't reccommend"
"This company has to be the worst for car insurance I have been getting great scores on my driving 9/10 ect however they wanna charge me 350 for an extra 2000miles so when I purchased the miles they then went to take the money out when I said they would have to do it in instalments they got agressive!! with me and said no we can not do that its tuff evan tho I stated im a single mom who gets less then 100 pound a week to live on and pay bills they still wouldent halp me out they should be shut down and taken off all insurance websites the staff are very very rude and the insurance is stupid looks cheap but its not cant wait for my insurance to end with them also when they said why have I used so many miles already I explain that I have a poorly baby who needs regular hospital apptments and my car is how I get there they still wouldent help me out they are a bunch of d***heads"
"EVERYTHING"
"forever on hold up to 45 mins change of car part way and got ripped off nearly 200 pounds to change from one car to another of same spec. medical details incorrect even after pointing out to them they did not change anything apparently i have been driving illegally for 11 months as they did not change to correct details i drive a manual the medical information state according to the policy shop i am only allowed to drive an automatic .and i do not use a knob attached to the steering wheel . renewal info sent to me still has wrong information and their premium for the year is over 230 pounds more than the insurance company website states they will charge totally useless customer service i will report to appropriate body DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY FOR ANYTHING I ONLY RATED ONE STAR AS YOU CANT VOTE 0"
"They are absolutely awful. 20 minute waiting times 5 times in a week to try and pay an instalment as I cancelled my DD as they kept taking the money twice over a few months. Appalling Customer Service. Do not use."
The Policy Shop is rated 1.51 based on 117 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!