The Co-operative Insurance Reviews

of reviewers recommend The Co-operative Insurance
Over a week

Tell us how The Co-operative Insurance made you happy
Terrible Customer Service. The only reason I am giving them 2 stars instead of 1 is because of the price but it is true what they say. you get what you pay for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay away
Online chat was courteous but not particularly helpful. Received renewal notice for combined house and contents insurance, increased by 29 percent. No claims have been made over the years, they appear to treat new customers better with good rates and offers of £50 vouchers. The link to explain why premiums may have increased does not work. As a former Coop employee, pensioner and member I would have expected to be treated better. Is the insurance side of the business going the way of the Bank.
I went with the Co-op car insurance because it was the cheapest on offer, I paid £350. I informed them at the time of a non-fault accident that I had been involved in 2 months previously however, 2 months after taking out the policy the Co-op put my car insurance up to £550. When I queried the reason for this they said it was because the non-fault accident was still ongoing. The person who caused the accident was prosecuted in Court but the Co-op would not reduce my insurance to the original amount of £350. I felt like I had been conned.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 11 months ago
Regret to have left Aviva!! Bad luck swap on 01/07 and making a claming for a broken window 3 weeks later. No internet access, need to contact them on call, after 5 minutes still waiting on the welcome board. They are working with VPS for windows so a 3rd company. 1 week & 1/2 day to book just for a mesurement + 10 days & 1/2 day for a repair knowing they asking you to pay they excess over the phone without giving the quote for the work. Is this normal process?
Very difficult to deal with I was transfered from one department to another and different companies, no support or responsibility taken by coop for helping me, just added to an already stressful situation
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
On 2nd March 2018, we had a burst pipe in the attic and submitted a claim by phone with the Coop. The service received was friendly and helpful; unfortunately, from then on, matters went downhill. The company used by the Coop to validate the claim is Invisio - they took a week to come and assess the damage. On the 14th March, we had a letter from Invisio, advising of the amount of the cash settlement and that they would arrange for their own contractors to come and install dehumidifiers. We telephoned and set an email saying that we would accept the cash settlement and be pleased to receive the dehumidifiers. 10 days on and now over 3 weeks after the damage was caused, we've heard nothing more from Invisio - no acknowledgement of our email. Has the settlement been paid ? We don't know - we'll wait for the bank statement to arrive to find out. Of the dehumidifiers, there is no sign - the point about using dehumidifiers is that they should be installed as soon as possible - waiting over three weeks is unacceptable. Whilst the Coop themselves have some notion of providing decent customer service, the same cannot be said of the people that they use to validate the claim - Invisio.
I have been insured by Coop Motor Insurance for many years. But this year I got fed up with the renewal price always being far higher than I could find elsewhere, even with Coop itself if I got a new online quote. It demonstrates no loyalty to me as a longstanding customer who has never once made a claim on my policy. Also the Coop website isn't great. In the end I've gone elsewhere to AXA who offer a better price and a very good website to buy the insurance from.
After paying a full year up front for my Insurance they reviewed it after 3 months and gave me 7 days notice and canceled my insurance when I questioned it someone had put a minor accident in twice which meant they could no longer insure me, obviously the fact that they were the same dates and year etc they didn't use their common sense to check first !!! This was extremely stressful as my car is registered disabled for my mother .
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
Customer service poor and operator inexperienced and seemed rude
Was very competitive initially. Changed car mid term, Co-op could not insure new car on the same policy so needed to cancel policy and set up a new one. Quote on new car on new policy was very expensive but had to accept as cancellation charge on original policy was over £100. It felt harsh that the cancellation charge was so much when it was effectively Co-op cancelling the policy.
I have been disgusted with the service. I was hit by an uninsured driver and co op have done nothing but leave me high and dry! I have made several complaints about all the delays in the process and still now 7 month on nothing has been resolved
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
Sell you insurance and at times of trouble won't even come to the phone, hiding behind underwriters who in turn look for a get out clause. The Cooperative? Uncaring to say the least. Beware!!!
No complaints on the insurance or service but be aware that the Co Op charge a £50 cancellation fee. Many other insurers are free to cancel.
I had tu claim for a burgulary that occurred at my propper in sept 2015 they wouldn't let me claim for my daughters belongings that had been stolen from my property they said because she didn't live with me anymore that she'd av tu claim off her insurance for her stuff knowing very well her stuff was taken from my property wen the burgulary happened in my opinion I think this was out of order my daughters lost her stuff because she has no ins of her own I do think that if anything has been stolen from ur property whether ur daughter lives with u or not u should stil be covered after all it has been stolen from ur property an not hers I was very disappointed with co op my father in laws been with them 45yrs an he's even disappointed as well with them it has made us think whether they would stick tu Wat they say in ur agreements wen u take it out with them or whether they'd come up with other excuses tu try tu get out of that one in my eyes I don't trust them anymore an we have now moved away from them so all I say is beware Wat they promise but don't come up with
I've 33 years no-claims bonus but my insurance is 35% higher than an online quote from same company to a newbie with none. CIS puts up its insurance each year LOTS & so the only way to get competitive insurance from them is to cancel yearly & get a new policy yearly - such an unnecessary faff (& Insurance Ombudsman don't like this tactic, as it's designed to make people pay over the odds if they forget to do this yearly). Then of course if one needed to claim, CIS could easily say that the problem was before the current policy started, despite the fact that they were also the previous insurers. Totally had enough of them & am changing to AGE UK Insurance - wish I'd done so 5 years ago! (I'm 55 & they do ins for over-50s.)
The Co-operative Insurance is rated 3.60 based on 525 reviews