The Co-operative Insurance Reviews

1PM
1PM

Tell us how The Co-operative Insurance made you happy

Over a week
"Terrible company! Was a customer for nearly ten years, someone drove into the back of me and they couldn't have been less helpful. Cancelled my appointment to see their Dr with no explanation, when I did get to see someone it was 6 months after the accident. The "Dr" they sent to me is probably the worst Dr in the UK, obviously didn't know what my disease was or how it could be affected by an accident. Complete lack of communication from the company, never answered quiries, dropped my claim because I failed to respond to one of their arbitrarily short deadlines to respond to them - would be nice if that timeframe worked both ways. Awful, awful company - shouldn't be allowed to sell insurance."
Are you The Co-operative Insurance? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Absolutely awful insurance company. I had a completely no-fault claim when my car was damaged in a car park, by another person who was also insured with co-op. This claim is still ongoing. Absolutely pitiful lack of communication, tried to push an Auxillis credit-hire car onto me which could end up costing a small fortune, and delays with approving repairs has meant I've been left carless with 4 children. The Auxillis car was at first offered to be delivered immediately, and I was signing for a £400 PER DAY cost, on a year's credit agreement. There is no wear and tear policy for these cars - you are only insured third party, and must agree to pay THEIR costs for any stone chips, windscreen repairs, punctures etc. When I refused this I was offered a direct hire, where the insurance company would take responsibility for the hire cost (bizarrely reduced to £40 per day as a direct hire) but I still had to take personal responsibility for any major or minor damage. Not being prepared to put myself at risk of incurring repairs which may be beyond my control, I went back to the Co-op to refuse the credit hire. They told me this was my only choice. On pressing them, they told me that I could hire a car and they *may* be able to refund it. Who knows how long that process would take? I'll be pushing this to the ombudsman. I specifically asked for calls to inform me of the progress of my claim. Every time, I had to call myself, despite explaining that I needed time to make arrangements. They kept telling me I should be liasing with the garage that had my car - the car still sitting on my driveway. These credit hire companies are the reason premiums are so high - ethical company? I don't think so. AVOID."
"Do not get Co-Op insurance, they are terrible. I have a 2012 Camry that was in excellent shape. It was backed into in a Walgreens parking lot and the rear bumper and light were broken/dented. The estimate to fix was $1081, their adjuster said it was not worth more than $780. They (Co-op) were not even paying the insurance, the other driver's insurance was. But MY insurance company said that my 2012 was not worth getting a new bumper, I had to get a used one. DO NOT GET CO-OP INSURANCE. They like your money coming in, but don't want to work to keep it. Word to the wise!"
"If there is w chance to give a 0 star rating I would definitely give coop insurance a 0! Our house was burgled early this year. The glass of the french door was completely smashed. Coop insurance insists on that it is repairable including the reuse of trims and bars. They were just make two pieces of glass and stick them on the wonky frame. Furthermore only one year guarantees was given!! I will never use any coop products again!!"
"Easy to set up and deal with."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 weeks ago
"I'm quite happy with what I'm paying for my insurance compared to what I was being charged through Saga. Big difference for a low user."
"Very good and helpful"
"Excellent service"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"It was so quick and easy to set up my car insurance. I have had no issues whilst been with the co- operative insurance and looking at taken another year car insurance through them."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Worst car insurance company I have ever been involved with. If you have fallen victim to this appalling company please contact the financial ombudsman"
"All good, quick and easy...."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Very good quick and easy to join"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"I got this online and it was easy to negotiate and quick ,the policy is sent online so no big envelope with lots of papers to file away and its there if l need it ,no claims so far but I'm sure l will be well looked after if l do ."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Very good insurance company cooperative!"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"£400 increase in premium for ONE claim (in >30 years driving) that cost the insurer a total of £500 in repairs. £135 cancellation charges + HIDDEN CHARGES. I feel it is tempting fate to take car insurance with a company long establish in funeral care (quoting: "low cost direct cremation" see picture of their ad below). My message to the Co op marketing department: really!?"
"£402 increase in premium because of one claim (in my entire >30 years of driving) that cost the insurer a total of £500 in repairs. £135 cancellation fees. Beware. The Co op has MANY HIDDEN CHARGES:( It feels like tempting fate having the car insurance with a company long established in arranging funerals."
"The worst car insurance in the UK !!! I am awaiting my excess back for over 5 months. All the information needed was provided on my part. The other party took it to court and was found guilty, the case is closed, liability determined by court, but I still don't have my money back. I called Aviva and found out that they are also awaiting some information, but Coop never spoke to them in the last 4 months hence being chased Aviva on daily basis. I am a victim but I can not get my money back. You all avoid this Co-Op Insurance Company!!!"
"wish I'd read these reviews before starting the policy, cancelling after just six days, annoying they'll be charging cancelling fees for the privilege of experiencing such a sloppy business. Co-Op - please read and address these issues, you're embarrassing the brand. Your contractor installing dashboard boxes is useless - sends emails asking to confirm installation date, but despite sending 3 confirmations to supplied email address as request kept coming, installation was cancelled. Why not just email a link that can be clicked to confirm like every other website does ? And don't ask to call your number, only to be told "we're really busy, call back later" as the default message... Then all the requirements to send documents - been insuring cars for 30 years, no other company requires this. There are now online databases to get licence and insurance details, you don't need the rigmarole of 'log in to gov.uk, request, code, print pdf, send image'. Copy of statements to confirm address ? what's that all about, even banks have stopped that. Feels like this operation has been set up by amatuers, wanting a piece of the lucrative young persons car insurance pie. Be careful..."
"Perfect insurance"