The Co-operative Insurance Reviews

10PM
10PM

Tell us how The Co-operative Insurance made you happy

Telephone
"If I could give them minus stars I would. DON’T INSURE WITH THEM!! They are appalling and the customer service is very poor! They’ll take your money ( no problem) but when it comes to paying out they take 3 months to email you and refuse to pay out. My late mum and poorly dad bought me a camera a little over a year ago for my birthday and as a thankyou for helping them through a difficult time. Whilst on holiday I dropped the camera from our balcony and it smashed into pieces. We were 5 floors up so you can imagine the damage.BUT these insurers wanted pictures of the camera ( I sent a few) that I’d managed to catch with my phone. That took them 6 weeks to request. Then they wanted all the smashed pieces to validate my claim. Erm I was not allowed to bring sharp objects in my suitcase from Tenerife airport and they know this. YET emailed me after another 3 weeks to say they weren’t paying out. I’m now awaiting another email as I’ve escalated my complaint. I’ll let you know what the outcome is... I recommend you think hard about using this company."
Are you The Co-operative Insurance? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback The Co-operative Insurance receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"I visited the CO-OP in Benson today to pick up a few things together with my 14 year old daughter. We got to the self checkout and had just started the process when a shop assistant approached us asking for my daughters ID and then proceeded to tell me that I was buying alcohol for her and he then took the bottle of wine and 4 lagers out of my basket, all this happened in front of everyone in the shop. I phoned the head office and raised my concerns about his unprofessional behaviour and the person I spoke to was most helpful and registered my concern."
"First year customer, I wanted to add my daughter to our car policy. I tried to do this through on line, referred me to call customer services. I was told by customer services that she could not be added as I have business use included, which my wife has to have for her job. By having that it prevents me from adding any further members to my policy. Ridiculous, she only wanted to use the vehicle a couple of times. Will never consider this company again."
"The young lady who sorted me out with my laptop loss was very sympathetic and helpful.maybe 10 out of 10. John Stoney"
"Terrible customer service, refused to pay out at every opportunity. Eventually received what we were claiming for after we threatened to take complain further."
"Had legal cover with home insurance but they would not allow us to claim and refused to send written details of why not, even though that is a legal requirement. Why bother having legal cover. We had consulted a barrister and had a high chance of winning the case but they were not interested and refused outright."
"I am very happy with you just insured my newer car and very happy with staff and service you provide"
"Very competitive prices and staff professional all the time xd"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Took out house insurance in March 2018. Was sent £50 of co-op vouchers. Due to family bereavement, I didn't use £30 of these, contacted co-op and was informed that I could send the unused vouchers and they could be replaced. However on contacting them today, they refuse to re-issue. Well they have just lost my customer and recommendation. I cancelled my policy with immediate effect. To re-issue my vouchers, with the old ones back in their hands would've cost nothing. Shame on you co-op, and I hope others realise that you are not customer friendly at all !"
"Car Insurance!! Don't go there.....when I changed my car insurance to Direct line because they were £175 cheaper, they would not forward my full no claims, only 5 years , both myself and Co-op had proof of my full no claims! They were exstreamly awkward and it wasn't untill Direct line contacted them to tell them , they , had a photograph of above details, did they release my full no claims . Only reason they have one star from me is , so I could write this review."
"Very easy to search and buy"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Cheap travel insurance........until you come to claim then although the policy looks fair read the enclosed terms / small print carefully as what you expect covered may probably be excluded or difficult to claim."
"Have a complaint about a leaking pipe at my 80 year-old mothers house. Reported 11 weeks ago, still leaking, house ripped to shreds by the insurers and uninhabitable. Phoned on Monday night and spoke to someone who said he’d phone me back - gave mobile number. No calls, no missed calls either. Phone on Tuesday to chase the first guy up, took my number, said he’d phone back. No call, no missed call. I WANT SOMEONE TO CALL ME BACK AND GET THIS SORTED. IT IS DIFFICULT TO DESCRIBE HOW I FEEL THAT A NATIONAL, RECOGNISED COMPANY CHARING ALMOST £400 for house and contents insurance can leave an eighty year old lady in her house with this level of DESTRUCTION. THE CO-OP BANK IS TO BLAME FAIRLY AMD SQUARELY. I WOULD USE THEM FOR INSURANCE IF MY LIFE DEPENDED ON THEM. THEY REALLY NEED TO GET THEMSELVES SORTED OUT AND COMMUNICATION NETWEEN THEIR THIRD PARTY COMPANIES ALSO."
"Utterly useless."
"I had a policy with them told no lies.then they called me and said that my son had claimed on my policy 4 years ago they asked me had I have ever claimed I said no 30 years clean they put my policy up 25 percent because they said my son claimed on my policy"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"The policy was expensive compared to other insurance also they cap the NCD"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"I have always been with them as breakdown is in the price of insurance staff have always been polite and very helpful highly recommend"
"Good value"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Price was competitive. The process was simple and quickly achieved"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Great staff and the underwriters are terrific."
The Co-operative Insurance is rated 3.74 based on 405 reviews