The Co-operative Insurance Reviews

10PM
Click Here

Tell us how The Co-operative Insurance made you happy

Over a week
"If only there was a ZERO. I have a claim- they query everything, try to say its 2 claims and 2 excess payments. The approved body shop driver turns up and starts analysing your claim and what may not be covered, if I went to brain surgeon I would not expect advise by the car park attendant. They are con artists and shameful. Tbc"
Are you The Co-operative Insurance? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"Very straightforward and easy to deal with."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"I never had any problems with my insurance although I cannot remember making any claim"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"I would give them a minus review if possible, easy to take your money but when it comes to helping you they can not be bothered and love blaming third parties! Stay clear of them!"
"INSURANCE FRAUD. WHY IS IT THE CO OP DON,T WANT TO LISTEN.I HAVE REPORTED CAR INSURANSE FRAUD .I HAVE THE EVIDENCE OF PAPERWORK,SOLICITORS LETTERS.JUST BECAUSE IT HAS PASSED THE BAR CODE.PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME.THIS CLAIM RUNS INTO TENS OF THOUSANDS.WHY? IS NO ONE LISTENING.WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED TO BRING THIS CASE TO JUSTICE. PLEASE HELP."
"I agree with another reviewer Sedgewicks are only out to reduce the amount of money paid out on claims and do not give true cost for putting damage right. After a year we managed to get another 1K added on but total still fell far short of actual cost of work. I have only given 1 star as 0 star option not available. I made a complaint but it was not upheld by the Co op, they would not pay for water damaged vanity unit, said they would only pay if it fell apart when removed. A year later this was included in the extra payment after they asked for photos. Why weren't photos taken by their original surveyor? Absolute rubbish service."
"Simple, efficient and cost effective - everything you’d want from an insurance provider"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Useless, left me stranded in wales after car accident. Given totally wrong information when accident reported, had to phone several times and still got no assistance, kept using excuse IT WAS A BANK HOLIDAY. Total incompetence in dealing with this issue."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"If I could give 0 I would. My car due to no fault of my own was ran off the road by another driver, I am 19 years old so I’m under their “young driver policy”. I have never been treated so badly by anyone before, they haven’t been it touch with me once over what is going to happen, my car was wrote off, I’m paying insurance for a car which now doesn’t even exist and everyone I speak to keeps passing me onto someone else! Every time I ask to speak to my case worker I’m told she isn’t there which now I don’t even believe she’s actually a person! When I told a lady from the legal service I wasn’t really happy about how slow everything is going she had a go at me and said it’s not their problem they’ve passed the case to someone else who isn’t anything to do with the co op! And no one had even informed me! DO NOT GO WITH THIS COMPANY"
"Would of been zero my partner tried to change his vehicle to a new one to only be told that they can no longer insure him and hes lost his Ncb because someone drove into the back of him last December and the claim was settled between the insurers without them even informing him and their trying to say he caused £8900 worth of damage but his insurance never went up and Visa was also called out to the incident and was more then happy for him to drive away as it was nothing on his part their now saying it's been disputed but could take 2-3months but in the mean time he wont get insured on any vehicle what so ever knowing he has to travel to and from work theyv screwed him over in the worst way possible their the shittest company ever"
"Quick and reliable."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Terrible company! Was a customer for nearly ten years, someone drove into the back of me and they couldn't have been less helpful. Cancelled my appointment to see their Dr with no explanation, when I did get to see someone it was 6 months after the accident. The "Dr" they sent to me is probably the worst Dr in the UK, obviously didn't know what my disease was or how it could be affected by an accident. Complete lack of communication from the company, never answered quiries, dropped my claim because I failed to respond to one of their arbitrarily short deadlines to respond to them - would be nice if that timeframe worked both ways. Awful, awful company - shouldn't be allowed to sell insurance."
"Absolutely awful insurance company. I had a completely no-fault claim when my car was damaged in a car park, by another person who was also insured with co-op. This claim is still ongoing. Absolutely pitiful lack of communication, tried to push an Auxillis credit-hire car onto me which could end up costing a small fortune, and delays with approving repairs has meant I've been left carless with 4 children. The Auxillis car was at first offered to be delivered immediately, and I was signing for a £400 PER DAY cost, on a year's credit agreement. There is no wear and tear policy for these cars - you are only insured third party, and must agree to pay THEIR costs for any stone chips, windscreen repairs, punctures etc. When I refused this I was offered a direct hire, where the insurance company would take responsibility for the hire cost (bizarrely reduced to £40 per day as a direct hire) but I still had to take personal responsibility for any major or minor damage. Not being prepared to put myself at risk of incurring repairs which may be beyond my control, I went back to the Co-op to refuse the credit hire. They told me this was my only choice. On pressing them, they told me that I could hire a car and they *may* be able to refund it. Who knows how long that process would take? I'll be pushing this to the ombudsman. I specifically asked for calls to inform me of the progress of my claim. Every time, I had to call myself, despite explaining that I needed time to make arrangements. They kept telling me I should be liasing with the garage that had my car - the car still sitting on my driveway. These credit hire companies are the reason premiums are so high - ethical company? I don't think so. AVOID."
"Do not get Co-Op insurance, they are terrible. I have a 2012 Camry that was in excellent shape. It was backed into in a Walgreens parking lot and the rear bumper and light were broken/dented. The estimate to fix was $1081, their adjuster said it was not worth more than $780. They (Co-op) were not even paying the insurance, the other driver's insurance was. But MY insurance company said that my 2012 was not worth getting a new bumper, I had to get a used one. DO NOT GET CO-OP INSURANCE. They like your money coming in, but don't want to work to keep it. Word to the wise!"
"If there is w chance to give a 0 star rating I would definitely give coop insurance a 0! Our house was burgled early this year. The glass of the french door was completely smashed. Coop insurance insists on that it is repairable including the reuse of trims and bars. They were just make two pieces of glass and stick them on the wonky frame. Furthermore only one year guarantees was given!! I will never use any coop products again!!"
"Easy to set up and deal with."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"I'm quite happy with what I'm paying for my insurance compared to what I was being charged through Saga. Big difference for a low user."
"Very good and helpful"
"Excellent service"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 months ago
"It was so quick and easy to set up my car insurance. I have had no issues whilst been with the co- operative insurance and looking at taken another year car insurance through them."
The Co-operative Insurance is rated 3.59 based on 499 reviews