Sure Thing Reviews

Sure Thing have a Customer Happiness Grade of B-. Customers love their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

71% of reviewers recommend Sure Thing

How would you rate Sure Thing ?

"Cancellation of insurance. I called to cancel my policy after selling my vehicle to be advised they want to charge me £151. Absolutely ridiculous and a total RIP off. I have never been charged such a high amount for cancelling anything, it's almost the cost of the full insurance premium"
Hi Susan. Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I'm very sorry that you feel this way on the back of the service you have received form Sure Thing! All of our fees & charges are disclosed online prior to purchasing a policy and again at the renewal stage but I appreciate this doesn't take away from the frustration of having to pay a cancellation fee itself when ending your policy. If you would like to discuss this any further please don't hesitate to get in touch via feedback@surething.co.uk. Regards, Vicky.
"I've never had problems taking out, or receiving any information since I've had this policy, everything was straight forward."
(Van Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"very poor insurance company.very high costs of any changes and cancelation"
Hi Jack, I apologise that you feel that way on the back of the service you have received. All of our fees & charges are disclosed both online and via telephone prior to purchasing a policy but I appreciate this doesn't take away from the frustration of having to pay a fee for making a change or cancelling your insurance policy, Ross.
"Just cancelled my policy because I've sold my Saab 93. Nowhere on their or Close Brothers documentation are cancellation charges made clear. Just the total amount and that I'll be charged £30 if I don't pay on time. Charge for ending the policy: £60 cancellation fee - which I assume is made by Close Brothers Premium Finance plus a further £25 'from the insurer' (Sure Thing). In total, I have paid 11.5 months worth of insurance to cover a period of 3 months. Really, really annoyed."
Hi Su, I'm very sorry that you feel this way on the back of the service you have received form Sure Thing! All of our fees & charges are disclosed online prior to purchasing a policy but I appreciate this doesn't take away from the frustration of having to pay a cancellation fee itself when ending your policy. If you would like to discuss this any further please don't hesitate to get in touch via feedback@surething.co.uk. Ross.
"Quick and easy kept me informed even though all the snow"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Very happy with the service will recommend."
(Van Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Bradley, thank you for the 5 star rating. We're really pleased with your feedback. Safe driving ahead, Ross.
"easy and hassle free"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
Hi. Thanks for taking the time to leave your five star review and positive feedback. Have a safe year driving, Ross.
"A very good up to date insurance company good service if you need to contact them."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
Hi William. Thanks for taking the time to leave your five star review and positive feedback. Have a safe year driving, Ross.
"I had a query as the on line system appeared not to let me add something I wanted extra on my policy. Rang the companies number and after explaining my problem had someone who talked me through step by step on how to add the item. I then said I would take out the insurance and was informed (not trapped) that if it was done on line there was no charge but over the phone would cost extra. I then did another review at a later date stating that I was unsure that that I liked the idea of the documents relating to the policy were on line but I could appreciate that this may help keep the insurance costs down. Within days the company sent me a set of hard copy without any request on my part. I cannot comment on their ability when it comes to dealing with claims but if it is anything like their friendliness whilst still be very professional when taking out the policy I could not fault them."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
Hi Beryl, Thanks for taking the time to leave your five star review and positive feedback. Have a safe year driving, Ross.
"Very good company"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
Hi Zhala, Thanks for taking the time to leave your five star review and positive feedback. Have a safe year driving, Ross.
"They were very good and cheap to start with untill I had to change over to another car which for a year with other provides was 230 pound but with sure thing it was 70 a month as to could imagine I was not happy with this and will be leaving as soon. As my policy ends"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
Hi Robert, I'm sorry to see you feel this way. Our adjustment and cancellations fees are disclosed as part of our terms & conditions prior to purchase both online and on the telephone but I appreciate this doesn't take away from the frustration of having to replace your vehicle and having additional costs. If you would like to discuss the matter further, please contact us at feedback@surething.co.uk and i can look into your policy details. I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks, Ross
"£60 to cancel my van policy after I had to close my small business........ £60 to press a button on a computer. Insured through them twice NO CUSTOMER LOYALTY. I was also told this would be taken from my account in 7 days and if not paid within 28 it would be handed to debt collectors. Nice doing business with you SureThing. They sure done me dry."
Hi Daniel, I apologise that you feel that way on the back of the service you have received. All of our fees & charges are disclosed both online and via telephone prior to purchasing a policy but I appreciate this doesn't take away from the frustration of having to pay a cancellation fee itself when ending your policy. Ross.
"Good quote and quick response"
"Just insured through this company wish I hadn't, emails back and forth to prove driving licence info. Which is fine but some one there end can not identify what upper and lower case are. It's ridiculous"
Hi Branden,

We are really sorry your unhappy with the service you received.

We would like to speak to you regarding this, if you could email your details to feedback@surething.co.uk. I hope to hear from you soon. Ross
"Gosto muito do servico deles. Tudo facilitado muito bom. Obrigado."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 months ago
Hi Herberto, Thanks for taking the time to leave your five star review and positive feedback. Have a safe year driving, Ross.
"Pure straight forward dealing with , good value ."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 months ago
Hi Malcolm. Thanks for taking the time to leave your five star review and positive feedback. Have a safe year driving, Ross.
"Have found them very good, but let's see when it comes to renewal the price?"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 months ago
Hi John. Thanks for taking the time to leave your five star review and positive feedback. Have a safe year driving, Ross.
"One of the worst car insurers on the market, never ever touch then. Poor treatment as a customer!!"
Hi

We are really sorry your unhappy with the service you received. We would like to speak to you regarding this, if you could email your details to feedback@surething.co.uk. Thanks Collette
"Sure thing gave me an unbeatable quote that made me nervous as it just seemed to good to be true. However, when dealing with them they were very professional and easy to understand, I got all relevant documents that I required and thankfully never needed to claim. Thank you Sure Thing"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 months ago
Hi Edmund. Thanks for taking the time to leave your five star review and positive feedback. Have a safe year driving, Ross.
"Quite difficult to get hold of ringing for ages before finally being able to discuss a matter, change of vehicle was quite confusing and remaining monthly payments messed up was also more expensive , will be changing after cover expires ."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 5 months ago
Hi Mark, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, we do apologize for the wait times over the last week or so, due to the weather and our office being closed we have had a large backlog this resulted in the telephone lines being far busier than normal, this should now be back to normal.
If you could contact me via feedback@surething.co.uk I would like the chance to look into your change of vehicle and hopefully simplify the costs to make it easier to understand.
I hope to hear from you soon and have a safe year of driving ahead, Ross
Sure Thing is rated 3.84 based on 480 reviews