Sure Thing Reviews

72% of reviewers recommend Sure Thing

How would you rate Sure Thing?

465 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Malcolm
Pure straight forward dealing with , good value .

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Sure Thing in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Pure straight forward dealing with , good value ."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 6 days ago
Hi Malcolm. Thanks for taking the time to leave your five star review and positive feedback. Have a safe year driving, Ross.
"Have found them very good, but let's see when it comes to renewal the price?"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
Hi John. Thanks for taking the time to leave your five star review and positive feedback. Have a safe year driving, Ross.
"One of the worst car insurers on the market, never ever touch then. Poor treatment as a customer!!"
Hi

We are really sorry your unhappy with the service you received. We would like to speak to you regarding this, if you could email your details to feedback@surething.co.uk. Thanks Collette
"Sure thing gave me an unbeatable quote that made me nervous as it just seemed to good to be true. However, when dealing with them they were very professional and easy to understand, I got all relevant documents that I required and thankfully never needed to claim. Thank you Sure Thing"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 weeks ago
Hi Edmund. Thanks for taking the time to leave your five star review and positive feedback. Have a safe year driving, Ross.
"Quite difficult to get hold of ringing for ages before finally being able to discuss a matter, change of vehicle was quite confusing and remaining monthly payments messed up was also more expensive , will be changing after cover expires ."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Mark, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, we do apologize for the wait times over the last week or so, due to the weather and our office being closed we have had a large backlog this resulted in the telephone lines being far busier than normal, this should now be back to normal.
If you could contact me via feedback@surething.co.uk I would like the chance to look into your change of vehicle and hopefully simplify the costs to make it easier to understand.
I hope to hear from you soon and have a safe year of driving ahead, Ross
"Very expensive to change vehicle, £100 plus , then added other fees on top, would not recommend to anyone, initial quote reasonable, hidden charges make it very expensive. Then took payment they stated would be spread over three months, in one hit, tried to ring, message stated no one in office due to weather, write this sitting in my office after taking 2 hours to get to work !!!"
Hi Kevin, I'm sorry to see you feel this way. All of our fees & charges are disclosed both online and via telephone prior to the point of sale. However, I do acknowledge this doesn't take away from the frustration of being asked for over £100 to change your vehicle. If you pay monthly, the only reason you should have been asked for a payment in full is if you don't have any future monthly payments remaining within this term of insurance. If there is anything further we can do for you, please get in touch with your details on feedback@surething.co.uk. Thanks, Jonathan.
"Appalling Service when renewing insurance, clearly had not bothered to investigate whether an outstanding claim was closed and dispatched a ridiculously expensive quote anyway."
Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, We are sorry to see you have been unhappy with the service from Sure Thing! if you could email me at feedback@surething.co.uk I would like the chance to investigate your policy and hopefully have this resolved to your satisfaction, I hope to hear from you soon, Ross
"Extremely helpful sorted me out out with teething problems I was having with the bank can't thank them enough"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
Hi there. Thanks for your very positive feedback and five star rating. We’re pleased to hear that you have been happy with the service you have received so far from Sure Thing. We’re always here to help and if there is anything further we can do, please get in touch. Have a safe year driving, Vicky.
"Very competive price initially which swayed my decision to go with them, polite staff in call centre but making any changes at all to the policy throughout the year incurs hefty charges and don't be late with any monthly instalment as also incurs hefty charges. Prefered a company where changes could be made when necessary like changing car or level of policy or even changing payment date and didn't cost anything, but I'd imagine that's why Sure thing were so competive as costs can be clawed back in other areas with charges."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
Hi there. Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're pleased that you have given a 4 star rating and we will take on board your comments regarding our fees, however details of all our fees and charges can be found on our website prior to purchase. We do appreciate this may be something that you did not see before purchasing. Kind Regards, Vicky.
Zenabrenni@outlook.com
Unverified Reviewer
"I think anyone looking at your site should look at the bad reviews. Worst company I have ever dealt with. Trying to say I have not declared an accident when I had not had one. Even with proof you wanted to charge over £100 to alter the policy. Disgusting."
Hi Zena. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We can confirm that your details have been passed to our customer relations team who will be contacting you in due course regarding this matter. Regards, Vicky.
"Clear explanation of costs involved and method of re-payment. All fair and square."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
Hi Stuart. Thanks for taking the time to leave your five start review and positive feedback. Have a safe year driving, Vicky.
"Received my new insurance proposal from sure thing after being with them a year,i noticed my no claims discount was stated incorrectly so contacted the customer service team only to be told to my astonishment a year had been taken off for a claim I had made.I have NOT made any type of claim or been involved in any kind of collision.How this has been allowed to happen is beyond me and fraudulent activity to take place using my policy and vehicle details is a breach of the data protection act.I did not receive anything stating a claim was being made on my policy and only noticed this at renewal stage.This needs to be resolved quickly as its causing my anxiety and stress.SURE THING IS THE WORST INSURANCE COMPANY IVE HAD THE MISFORTUNE TO INSURE MY CSR WITH TO ALLOW THIS KIND OF THING TO HAPPEN.......AVOID,AVOID,AVOID!!!!!!!!!"
Hi Glyn. Thanks for leaving your feedback. We're sorry that you have been unhappy with the service that you have received. We understand our customer relations team have contacted you and are dealing with this matter. However, if there is anything further we can do, please do not hesitate to contact us. Regards, Jonathan.
"Great price and easy journey to set up - all good!"
Hi Sam, thanks for taking the time to leave your comments and five star review. All the best, Jonathan.
"Very good insurance company too be eith only downfall is the renewal price as they were the cheapest when i took insurance however when renewal came they were nearly three times the price of the lowest."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 months ago
Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We apologise that the price quoted at renewal wasn't as competitive as the price we offered when you first joined. We thank you for your business and wish you a safe year of driving ahead! Take care, Jonathan.
"Hi"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 months ago
"SureThing....SureRip Off. We have insured with SureThing on our car insurance 10 days before our renewal only to be emailed 2 days after the policy start date that they wanted another £99.17 to cover an amendment as we had not declared an insurance claim and as such our policy would be more and they also levy a £30 admin fee. The claim we had not declared was for damage to an Awning a "tent" in other words nothing to to do with an motoring accident. The Awning was part of our motorhome insurance and it was damaged whilst we were away. It was an add on to our motorhome policy, not vehicle related and Caravan Guard did not feel it should be taken into consideration for a car policy, bur SureThing consider otherwise. So catch 22 we could cancel with SureThing but that would involve a cancelation charge which amounted to almost £100 or we paid the £99.17p they wanted. Sue SureRip Off either way. So when comparing prices be aware of the SureSting....they will rip you off and get more. We are disgusted and when it comes to renewal in 12 month you can be Sure of One Thing they will not be even considered. We warned..."
Hi David, I'm really sorry to hear of your experience. It is vital we hold the correct claims information on the policy but I appreciate this incident happened under a motor home policy. Based on your review and email, this incident has been added onto the claims and underwriting exchange database by the insurer who dealt with the incident at the time. We would usually request additional information in this event to look into your enquiry but I have picked up your email last night and have passed this onto our customer service team to look into the enquiry for you. I apologise for any confusion and inconvenience this has caused. All of our fees are disclosed both online and via telephone prior to the point of sale but I acknowledge this may not take away from the frustration of being asked for additional payment. We will be in touch as soon as possible. Thanks, Jonathan.
Chris Bashford
Unverified Reviewer
"Easy to deal with,great price,brilliant so far"
Hi Chris, thanks for the 5 star feedback. We're really pleased to hear of your experience since joining Sure Thing! Safe driving ahead, Ross
"Quick and easy"
Hi, thanks for the 5 star feedback. We're really pleased to hear of your experience since joining Sure Thing! Safe driving ahead, Ross.
"Professional and easy to discuss you needs with staff"
Hi, thanks for the kind feedback. We're really pleased to hear of your experience since joining Sure Thing! Safe driving ahead, Ross.
"Competitive prices and including all extras. Great deal"
Sure Thing is rated 3.85 based on 465 reviews