Sure Thing Reviews

71% of reviewers recommend Sure Thing
03AM
3AM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Sure Thing?

Tell us how Sure Thing made you happy

"excellent service after someone reversed into my car although i didnt have to claim on my insurance sure thing were excellent cant recommend them enough thank you"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
Are you Sure Thing? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Very good provider. Reasonable car insurance"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"total rip off, canceled my policy that was all paid up to date, received email to say policy canceled and no more payments would be taken. so direct debt stopped. they then attempted to take money from my account fraudulently saying i owed them a cancellation fee. £60, plus service charge £90, plus more on top? this was not mentioned in the email from them, i then offered to make payments to clear the amount that they have invented but NO, they say they we do not take payments? and it will be passed on to a collection agency if not paid in full in 21 days. (avoid this company like the plague) also, it is no good trying to work things out with them as they just do not want to know. SURE THING, please do not bother to reply with your total nonsense as i am fed up with your excuses and avoidance tactics. please do not bother to recommend calling you as this is a total waste of time as you well know. (AVOID THIS COMPANY)"
Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave your review. I apologies that you feel this way on the back of the service you have received. All of our fees & charges are disclosed both online and via telephone prior to purchasing a policy but I appreciate this doesn't take away from the frustration of having to pay cancellation fees or administration charges. If you would like me to investigate any specific concerns you have please don't hesitate to email me directly on feedback@surething.co.uk. Regards, Vicky.
"Set this up online via compare the market as looked a good price, then my insurer offered me a much better deal! Within an hour of setting it up I tried to ring to cancel to discover they closed at 1pm. Immediately sent an email to inform and was told 2 days later to ring.....£30 admin charge to cancel when my policy hadn't even started yet and tried to cancel straight away! Absolutely ludicrous!!!! What admin.....they only sent me a couple of emails!!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!"
Hi Robyn, thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I apologies that you feel this way on the back of the service you have received. All of our fees & charges are disclosed both online and via telephone prior to purchasing a policy but I appreciate this doesn't take away from the frustration of having to pay cancellation fees or administration charges. We must make you aware that our cancellation fees would have applied if we had spoken with you on the day you purchased the policy, however if you would like me to investigate any specific concerns you have please don't hesitate to email me directly on feedback@surething.co.uk.
"I went through a comparison account and came to sure thing, i knew something was dodgy about these guys but couldn't remember what it was, then i remembered they take payments even when they say its declined. Today I tried 3 times to take out insurance and 200 pound later nothing all because my card wasn't registered to my own address absolute gangsters"
Hi Paul, thanks for taking the time to leave your review. At the point of purchase we advise that we can only accept payment if the card being used is in the name of the policyholder and the billing address is the same as the address provided in your quote and if this is not the case we ask you to call our customer service team. We can confirm if the card used was not registered to the address on the quote the money will automatically be returned to your account by your card provider. We are unaware of the timescale associated with this as the funds are in your card providers holding account and not with Sure Thing. Kind Regards, Vicky.
"worst cancellation policy ever, wanted to cancel 6 months into a policy, the charges to do so were almost as expensive as keeping the policy running for the final 6 months, wont ever use again"
Hi there, I apologies that you feel this way on the back of the service you have received. All of our fees & charges are disclosed both online and via telephone prior to purchasing a policy but I appreciate this doesn't take away from the frustration of having to pay cancellation fees or administration charges. If you would like me to investigate any specific concerns you have please don't hesitate to email me directly on feedback@surething.co.uk. Regards, Richard.
"sure thing is the worst insurance policy I've ever had. I changed my vehicle half way thru I was told I would be paging £53 a month which In my view was a little high. then they decided to charge me £181 a month so I cancelled it. they still had cheek of saying I owed them£60 cancellation fee"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 months ago
Hi Roger, I'm sorry to see you feel this way.

"Avarige"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 months ago
Hi there. Thanks for your positive feedback. We’re pleased to hear that you have been happy with the service you have received so far from Sure Thing. We’re always here to help and if there is anything further we can do, please get in touch. Have a safe year driving, Ross.
"Cancellation of insurance. I called to cancel my policy after selling my vehicle to be advised they want to charge me £151. Absolutely ridiculous and a total RIP off. I have never been charged such a high amount for cancelling anything, it's almost the cost of the full insurance premium"
Hi Susan. Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I'm very sorry that you feel this way on the back of the service you have received form Sure Thing! All of our fees & charges are disclosed online prior to purchasing a policy and again at the renewal stage but I appreciate this doesn't take away from the frustration of having to pay a cancellation fee itself when ending your policy. If you would like to discuss this any further please don't hesitate to get in touch via feedback@surething.co.uk. Regards, Vicky.
"I've never had problems taking out, or receiving any information since I've had this policy, everything was straight forward."
(Van Insurance) - Posted 5 months ago
Hi there Fiona. Thanks for your very positive feedback and four star rating. We’re pleased to hear that you have been happy with the service you have received so far from Sure Thing. We’re always here to help and if there is anything further we can do, please get in touch. Have a safe year driving, Ross.
"very poor insurance company.very high costs of any changes and cancelation"
Hi Jack, I apologise that you feel that way on the back of the service you have received. All of our fees & charges are disclosed both online and via telephone prior to purchasing a policy but I appreciate this doesn't take away from the frustration of having to pay a fee for making a change or cancelling your insurance policy, Ross.
"Just cancelled my policy because I've sold my Saab 93. Nowhere on their or Close Brothers documentation are cancellation charges made clear. Just the total amount and that I'll be charged £30 if I don't pay on time. Charge for ending the policy: £60 cancellation fee - which I assume is made by Close Brothers Premium Finance plus a further £25 'from the insurer' (Sure Thing). In total, I have paid 11.5 months worth of insurance to cover a period of 3 months. Really, really annoyed."
Hi Su, I'm very sorry that you feel this way on the back of the service you have received form Sure Thing! All of our fees & charges are disclosed online prior to purchasing a policy but I appreciate this doesn't take away from the frustration of having to pay a cancellation fee itself when ending your policy. If you would like to discuss this any further please don't hesitate to get in touch via feedback@surething.co.uk. Ross.
"Quick and easy kept me informed even though all the snow"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 6 months ago
"Very happy with the service will recommend."
(Van Insurance) - Posted 6 months ago
Hi Bradley, thank you for the 5 star rating. We're really pleased with your feedback. Safe driving ahead, Ross.
"easy and hassle free"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 7 months ago
Hi. Thanks for taking the time to leave your five star review and positive feedback. Have a safe year driving, Ross.
"A very good up to date insurance company good service if you need to contact them."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 7 months ago
Hi William. Thanks for taking the time to leave your five star review and positive feedback. Have a safe year driving, Ross.
"I had a query as the on line system appeared not to let me add something I wanted extra on my policy. Rang the companies number and after explaining my problem had someone who talked me through step by step on how to add the item. I then said I would take out the insurance and was informed (not trapped) that if it was done on line there was no charge but over the phone would cost extra. I then did another review at a later date stating that I was unsure that that I liked the idea of the documents relating to the policy were on line but I could appreciate that this may help keep the insurance costs down. Within days the company sent me a set of hard copy without any request on my part. I cannot comment on their ability when it comes to dealing with claims but if it is anything like their friendliness whilst still be very professional when taking out the policy I could not fault them."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 7 months ago
Hi Beryl, Thanks for taking the time to leave your five star review and positive feedback. Have a safe year driving, Ross.
"Very good company"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 7 months ago
Hi Zhala, Thanks for taking the time to leave your five star review and positive feedback. Have a safe year driving, Ross.
"They were very good and cheap to start with untill I had to change over to another car which for a year with other provides was 230 pound but with sure thing it was 70 a month as to could imagine I was not happy with this and will be leaving as soon. As my policy ends"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 7 months ago
Hi Robert, I'm sorry to see you feel this way. Our adjustment and cancellations fees are disclosed as part of our terms & conditions prior to purchase both online and on the telephone but I appreciate this doesn't take away from the frustration of having to replace your vehicle and having additional costs. If you would like to discuss the matter further, please contact us at feedback@surething.co.uk and i can look into your policy details. I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks, Ross
"£60 to cancel my van policy after I had to close my small business........ £60 to press a button on a computer. Insured through them twice NO CUSTOMER LOYALTY. I was also told this would be taken from my account in 7 days and if not paid within 28 it would be handed to debt collectors. Nice doing business with you SureThing. They sure done me dry."
Hi Daniel, I apologise that you feel that way on the back of the service you have received. All of our fees & charges are disclosed both online and via telephone prior to purchasing a policy but I appreciate this doesn't take away from the frustration of having to pay a cancellation fee itself when ending your policy. Ross.
Sure Thing is rated 3.81 based on 488 reviews