Sainsburys Bank Reviews

63% of reviewers recommend Sainsburys Bank

How would you rate Sainsburys Bank?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

67 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Your insurance was far to expensive,I got it much cheaper else where .

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Sainsburys Bank in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Your insurance was far to expensive,I got it much cheaper else where ."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"They advertise 25 pounds reward in Nectar points with new insurance policies but they don't honour it 60 days later. Don't use them look at Tesco, much better system!"
"The worst service I have ever had from a bank! I applied for a loan online on a Friday which was immediately approved in principle. I was slightly disappointed that they needed to post out documents (supposedly first class) to me to sign and I had to return them for me to receive the loan. On Saturday I received another email stating that they could not offer me the advertised 2.7% APR rate but my offered rate would be in the documents they had posted. Once I returned the documents they would process the loan and the money would be in my account in 3 – 5 working days. So much for instant online trading. Nothing arrived in the post on Saturday, Monday or Tuesday however I received an email on Tuesday stating they needed more information in order to process the loan. I rang the number provided to be told the loan was with underwriting as I was self employed. I was eventually told I had been declined, even though I have a credit score of 999 and have never defaulted on anything in my life! I only picked Sainsburys as they had the lowest rate on Money Saving Expert who I trust. I will be going to a proper bank now instead of cowboys who should stick to selling bread."
"Was disappointed with the service and general disinterest when i had to contact Sainsbury car insurance recently with an enquiry regarding insuring my daughters car. The gentleman i spoke with didnt seem to have any knowledge about the insurance i required - he never offered to try and find out information to help with my quiry, and basically recommended i search the internet! Maybe a training issue for Sainsbury Insurance to look into??? - not helpful."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 months ago
"Easy to deal with"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 months ago
"Bought Thai Bhat instead of Indonesian money in error. Returned whole amount next day (£300), but got £249.50 back. This was genuine error on my part, rate didn't fluctuate and could understand some loss. However nearly 20% is ridiculous especially when M&S and John Lewis offer full refund if you make a mistake and return - that is quality customer service, not what Sainsbury's offer."
"Awful company. Applied for long term purchase credit card, 4 weeks later I'm still awaiting for the card to arrive. Called to chaise this several times to be lied to, Every time I called up I was given a postage date. I was informed by the last customer service agent I spoke with, all the previous dates I was given was for printing and not posting. This company has serious problems with its aging processes (it still sends out your credit agreement by post and you need to sign it and return it all by SECOND CLASS POST which takes up to 7 working days!). Other companies \ banks have better more efficient processes, Don't fall for this company! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, they are SLOW at EVERYTHING that do!"
"Took 4 attempts to apply for card. New cards were cancelled within 2 weeks by Sainsbury's, but they never told us. Gave a wrong answer when I was getting taken through telephone security (gave wrong email address). They said I had to phone back to go through security again!! Couldn't believe it. Call que was over 60 minutes. DO NOT TAKE A FINANCIAL PRODUCT WITH THIS BANK."
"Very helpful"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 8 months ago
Paul Simpson
"Customer service is excellent"
"great pan raisan for breakfast"
Keith
"Quality products at acceptable cost."
Andrew Sterry
"I purchased a 6pack of walkers chicken flavoured crisps and won £5 HAPPY DAYS"
"The local supermarket is being replaced by a much bigger store offering a greater range of products. There will also be a much greater car park. Meanwhile the shop-floor staff are very helpful and the basic range of food and household products is usually available for purchase."
"My dog is insured with Sainsburys Pet Insurance, and they are trying to worm their way out of not paying by saying different reasons each time it gets rejected. Appalling customer services and the length of time it takes to try and action a call, get an answer, hear back about a claim, etc Wish i had never insured my dog with Sainsburys and would not recommend them to anyone."
"First Class service, I can not fault them."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
"So quick and easy.excellent service paperwork received within days.I would recommend them to family and friends"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
"Worst customer service. Spent over 2 hours on the phone and could not sort out my query. They kept passing me on to another department."
"Used you twice before for loans no problem this time nothing but problems paperwork lost supposed to pick up new vehicle on Saturday still no paperwork Thursday . sent last Friday first class post my fault should have allowed 5 days for post to arrive and to cap it all phoned today to say still no paperwork and the customer service person put the phone down on me when I said what's the point of formally complaining as no one cares and if to proof my point she cut me off thanks sainsburys or should I say lloyds"
"I stayed with them again this year because they were not the cheapest but hence offered the lowest excess and guaranteed like with like courtesy car. I have the premier cover with them which also offered car breakdown cover as well."
Sainsburys Bank is rated 3.66 based on 67 reviews