Sainsburys Bank Reviews

45% of reviewers recommend Sainsburys Bank

Tell us how Sainsburys Bank made you happy

"Worse service ever. We filled in all paperwork months before our mortgage was due to end and got an offer more than 1 month before the due date. Yet, their solicitors (Optima legal) did not act on time and we have already paid £240 excess in interest. They don't answer emails or phone calls and don't take responsibility for their delays. We were moving banks to pay less and we are actually paying more. This is being the worse experience we ever had with a bank. Our mortgage advisor has put a formal complaint against Optima Legal, yet they cannot care less as keep delaying the completion, even after acknowledging they have all the documents. Unprofessional and unethical making clients pay for not being able to do their work on time."
"unable to carry on with claim as I have mislaid user name and password"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"Trying to change my address with this shower. Have provided three pieces of evidence but goalposts keep moving on their part and withholding access to my money. Absolute shower, bank with them at your peril"
"Three big issues since doing a balance transfer. Been reported for late payment due to no fault of mine. Had a wonderful lady assist me Vicki ID 1560011 she knows her stuff and was able to advise and help me resolve the situation that had become very stressful. Vicki thank you. If it wasn't for you I would be taking it further. You were great."
"Happy with Sainsburys home insurance,helpful,polite team members when I spoke to them on the phone, great value price as well!!"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"yes all good one happy customer now ,i stay with them"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Appaling. Closed my account by mistake and no reason whatsoever apart from their incompetence with setting up direct debits."
"Absolutely corrupt. Useless. Very stressful experience. Cant even set up direct debits. Am contacting an ombudsman."
"Absolutely awful!! Decided I wanted a new car, looked on line to find the company with the best APR, Sainsbury’s came up so decided to give them a go. I filled my details out online then they said I would have to wait for the forms to come out for my signature also they wanted a bank statement fair enough. Once I received it I sent it back first class. A week later still no money in my bank so I decided to ring them they informed me they needed to do more checks and would be paid in a couple of days. The couple of days came and went so I rang them again and they said I have now been fast tracked! Still nothing received the next day so I rang again they said I could be another two weeks, so in the end I decided to cancel it and go with Barclays. With Barclays I got the money same day easy!!! AVOID SAINSBURYS BANK FOR LOANS!!!!!!!"
"Waited 40 minutes for them to answer the phone. Then they told me can't take money out of my own account. But I had no trouble paying into their account but even to take it back to the account I paid from is not allowed. They have some strange set fo rules that makes it very difficult to access your own money. Caused me a lot of stress. I went for instant access for a reason now it will takes weeks to get my money. Don't make the same mistake I did - check out trust pilot for some reviews and see what people think"
"I have a Sainsburys Credid Card and today I lost my slot to buy festival tickets because they chose to run a security check on the transaction (it was only for £411). This happens all the time and only several months ago they cancelled payment for a on line Asda food shop and once again I lost the delivery slot and have to venture out the next day to the Sainsburys supermarket! Frustrated I called to enquire and and was told that their system picks out any unusual transactions and puts a stop to them until you give confirmation that it is you making the purchase - all well and good it you not in bed when the payment is climes (the case with Asda, who I don’t USUALLY shop with, who don’t claim payment until midnight as you can still ament your order until 23:59) or where you have been fortunate enough to get on to a festival website and only get 6 minutes to complete your transaction). On the first occasion I made a complaint but more so because of the way and tone of the customer service person. It took them 3 month to respond and they completely missed the point and did little more than to justify their set up. To make matters more difficult there is no way to let Sainsburys bank know that you want to do something out of the norm. So in basic terms, if you want to be spontaneous and need a credit card to do it then Sainsburys is not for you as there is no way to be certain that the card will work for you. I have a NatWest card too and have had for many years and they have never left me hanging in the same way. The benefit if Nectar points just isn’t worth the hasstle so I’m checking out"
"Waited 10 working days for a reply, some staff were rude and numerous phone calls to be told some thing different every time, poor service."
"Applied online for a loan when the agreement arrived the name was wrong. Rang the bank to say name was wrong and was told I would have to re-apply . Application was accepted and agreement arrived was signed and returned with a note to say when the funds were required to be in my account. On the said date nothing was transferred to my account. Orange again and was told the transfer could happen anytime in the day. It didn't happen. I rang the next day to be told that further checks would be made on the day I had said I needed the money in my account which seems rediculous and that it would take two days to do this. This is Sainsbury's procedure. They have had a fortnight to make these checks why wait until the requested payment date to initiate them?? Fortunately I am able to make the payment the funding is for but not everyone is in a position to do this. Very disappointed with Sainsbury's Bank!!!!!!"
"Great!!"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 3 months ago
"Got a credit care of these robbers, went well for months then they started mucking me about, I have been passed around person to person the last three months and still not sorted, stay away from these cowboys they only bring unwanted hassle and stress"
"Sainsbury's bank lie. Never buy their home insurance. They refused renewal even with no claims being made, and first said I'll receive a letter, then refused to give me the letter and refused to inform me as to why they refused insurance. All in all, the worst insurance broker I've had experience of. Advice no one to use."
"PAID OFF MY CREDIT CARD IN FULL IN JUNE,IT IS NOW THE MIDDDLE OF SEPTEMBER AND THEY HAVE NOT UPDATED MY CREDIT REPORT,I AM WAITING TO BE APPROVED FOR A MORTGAGE,I AM SURE IF YOU OWED THEM MONEY THEY WOULD BE RINGING/WRITING TO YOU,YOU CANNOT GET TO SPEAK TO ANYONE WHO CAN SOLVE THIS?"
"Unbelievable incompetence and couldn't give a damn attitude. A mistake by them took months to sort out, eventually the mistake was found by a RIVAL bank. Telephone contact often took between 30 minutes and 1 hour. Not even an apology from them. I've just cancelled this card and will never use this bunch again. Time after time they said there was nothing wrong with their transactions, for weeks and weeks, yet they had transposed one digit and sent £2,900 to a random account."
"Tried to ring them and was waiting 32min and still didn't get through. Absolutely ridiculous."
"In June I lost my card and you issued a new card and said you would change my Direct Cebit details. After getting arrears letter I paid and I was promised that it would be corrected for July payment. I then got a letter advising you had passed my details to a credit agency. I rang and objected to this as it was not my error and was told that the report would be withdrawn but credit control could not confirm this as they could not write letters and transfering my call to 'Customer Services' could take 30 mins!. In July the direct debit again failed and again I rang - this time the line went silent and eventually the girl hung up on me. I put a complaint on line but recieved no response whatsoever. I stopped using the card. I have just paid off the blance as the direct debit for August again failed and closed the account. I had to wait over 30 mins to be transfered to 'Customer Services' . I have wasted hours on this and it is not my error. I should have been offered compensation and Sainsbury's Bank need to employ more people."
Sainsburys Bank is rated 2.88 based on 107 reviews