Sainsburys Bank Reviews

47% of reviewers recommend Sainsburys Bank
Telephone

How would you rate Sainsburys Bank ?

"Waited 10 working days for a reply, some staff were rude and numerous phone calls to be told some thing different every time, poor service."
"Applied online for a loan when the agreement arrived the name was wrong. Rang the bank to say name was wrong and was told I would have to re-apply . Application was accepted and agreement arrived was signed and returned with a note to say when the funds were required to be in my account. On the said date nothing was transferred to my account. Orange again and was told the transfer could happen anytime in the day. It didn't happen. I rang the next day to be told that further checks would be made on the day I had said I needed the money in my account which seems rediculous and that it would take two days to do this. This is Sainsbury's procedure. They have had a fortnight to make these checks why wait until the requested payment date to initiate them?? Fortunately I am able to make the payment the funding is for but not everyone is in a position to do this. Very disappointed with Sainsbury's Bank!!!!!!"
"Great!!"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 3 weeks ago
"Got a credit care of these robbers, went well for months then they started mucking me about, I have been passed around person to person the last three months and still not sorted, stay away from these cowboys they only bring unwanted hassle and stress"
"Sainsbury's bank lie. Never buy their home insurance. They refused renewal even with no claims being made, and first said I'll receive a letter, then refused to give me the letter and refused to inform me as to why they refused insurance. All in all, the worst insurance broker I've had experience of. Advice no one to use."
"PAID OFF MY CREDIT CARD IN FULL IN JUNE,IT IS NOW THE MIDDDLE OF SEPTEMBER AND THEY HAVE NOT UPDATED MY CREDIT REPORT,I AM WAITING TO BE APPROVED FOR A MORTGAGE,I AM SURE IF YOU OWED THEM MONEY THEY WOULD BE RINGING/WRITING TO YOU,YOU CANNOT GET TO SPEAK TO ANYONE WHO CAN SOLVE THIS?"
"Unbelievable incompetence and couldn't give a damn attitude. A mistake by them took months to sort out, eventually the mistake was found by a RIVAL bank. Telephone contact often took between 30 minutes and 1 hour. Not even an apology from them. I've just cancelled this card and will never use this bunch again. Time after time they said there was nothing wrong with their transactions, for weeks and weeks, yet they had transposed one digit and sent £2,900 to a random account."
"Tried to ring them and was waiting 32min and still didn't get through. Absolutely ridiculous."
"In June I lost my card and you issued a new card and said you would change my Direct Cebit details. After getting arrears letter I paid and I was promised that it would be corrected for July payment. I then got a letter advising you had passed my details to a credit agency. I rang and objected to this as it was not my error and was told that the report would be withdrawn but credit control could not confirm this as they could not write letters and transfering my call to 'Customer Services' could take 30 mins!. In July the direct debit again failed and again I rang - this time the line went silent and eventually the girl hung up on me. I put a complaint on line but recieved no response whatsoever. I stopped using the card. I have just paid off the blance as the direct debit for August again failed and closed the account. I had to wait over 30 mins to be transfered to 'Customer Services' . I have wasted hours on this and it is not my error. I should have been offered compensation and Sainsbury's Bank need to employ more people."
"They cancelled my order a few hours before the collection time and made a pathetic excuse that they have ran out of stuck, now I am a few days away from going on holiday and missed a great exchange rate by simply just choosing this pathetic company to exchange my money instead of many other companies. If you are low on stuck then simply don't take orders or at least let me know a earlier than a few hours before the collection time! YOU ARE RIDICULOUS SALISBURYSBANK!"
"Very very bad.... stay away from the credit card side of the business. I paid £1000 into my credit card and it seems to have gone missing... have checked all the account details with the customer service guy (after 1.20 hours on hold) and everything was correct... they just haven’t allocated it to my account... to add insult they have even charged £12 late payment fee when the payment was made 3 weeks early... looks like I have a few more hours on hold to try and get my £1000 back....AVOID!!! I wish I had...."
"The worst credit card ever."
"Worst customer experience you can imagine, after months of paying DD for my credit card they decide not to take one and charge £12 fee for none payment, called to speak to someone and still waiting after 40 minutes, they are horrendous"
"The most appalling customer service I have ever experienced. I've been trying to give them money for four days, have spent over seven hours on hold so far (currently on hold again), their online banking site has poor functionality and just tells you to phone them, I've been hung up on twice and spoken to four members of staff in total, one who was apologetic and said the system was down and I should try again tomorrow, and the other three said they couldn't help me but would transfer me directly to a member of staff who could but just redirected my call to the bottom of the infernal being on hold queue. I strongly advise anyone to avoid Sainsburys products, plenty of alternatives out there"
"No statement received for June and difficult to get through on the phone. Spent hours trying before successful. Did get through eventually and had statement sent recorded delivery and received compensation for the hassle. Problems due to a system upgrade would seem to be worse than they are admitting. It is clear that they have made little effort to inform and assist their customers."
"Do not use them. If you need to call to resolve a problem they have created expect to wait on hold for 35 - 65 minutes. They have lost £2900 of my money, missing since 05/6/18 and they refuse to do anything about it."
"Appalling customer service. Rang twice because no statements. Very long wait before answered only to be transferred for a further long wait. Avoid like the plague!"
"terrible customer service- left on hold for over an hour."
"Appalling service and it seems, criminal activity akin to loan-sharks!! Changed the promotional interest rate expiry date on balance transfer, so got charged. Unable to get through to customer services - 25 minutes + 55 minute wait with no pick-up? I'll take my debts elsewhere. ;-)"
"Still have not received June 2018 credit card statement so that I can check my purchases."
Sainsburys Bank is rated 2.99 based on 96 reviews