RAC Insurance Reviews

Cancellations & Refunds
Cancellation Process
Difficult

Tell us how RAC Insurance made you happy
I have 11 years no claims discount as good driver they put black box on my vehicle this box is usually for new drivers or young age drivers but i not blame them because maybe policy designed by go compere.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 weeks ago
I have used confused.com to find a replacement insurer as my current insurer increased the price for no reasons. The purchase was very easy and they were clear in not having any hidden charges.
Seeing alot of negative comments here, but as a first year driver I found this policy to be decent (as far as having a black box can go.) Having a black box isn't ideal and don't get me wrong, the scoring on it was sometimes a nightmare, you get marked down for speed if you go even 1mph over the speed limit, and you get marked down for your urban score quite easily, I found even due to slowing down for speed bumps.

However, overall the scoring system is quite lenient and it isn't hard to drive carefully. My driver scores were usually around 90/100 every week over the year. There is no night curfew and when i did drive at night the night score didn't really go down too much anyway so that wasn't a problem. If you change up gears rather than accellerating from 2nd to 4th for example, and break slowly, you'll find yourself comfortably within a safe score. I question the people on here who are on low scores- How badly are you driving?

However come renewal they didn't really offer anywhere near the most competitive price, so I wouldn't use this insurance with the sole focus being getting good scores for a cheaper renewal- Use price comparison sites as I saved about 200£ and got rid of my black box compared with staying with RAC. One complaint is that they won't remove the black box and told me to get it taken out next MOT, so I'm stuck with a box in the car using up battery.

If they detect faults with your car they seem to love calling you from a call centre in manchester, I kept getting errors on the black box saying I had an emissions problem. They called saying it could cause the engine to break. I got this checked with mechanic and they said it was all fine.

Overall I can't really complain.
-If you get a black box car policy don't expect to be able to drive around accelerating rapidly and going over the speed limit. Its a black box for a reason.
- Look around for renewal quotes as even though they say they take your scores in consideration, I got scores of mostly 85-95 all year and their renewal quote was more expensive by about £200
-Have no experience on making a claim or cancelling so cannot personally comment on that.
Easy to buy and reasonable quote
Had a problem when Car insurance came up for renewal and after reading the reviews was quite concerned. I had sold the car so phoned to cancel the renewal, I also cancelled the payment at the bank. When I telephoned to tell them they said they would process a refund. I therefore received the returned payment twice. Received an email telling me I still owed the money. Chap I spoke to was very helpful and it was quickly sorted out. There are very few positive comments on this site, but I found them courteous and helpful
Insured car through go-compare was cheapest option available, Customer service was excellent and very helpful with all calls. Slight warning though, they will automatically renew your policy if you do not cancel, Ended up with 2 policy's on the same car for a short time. However when I spoke to RAC they were happy to close the policy and refunded money taken.
I've had a really good experience with the RAC. I had an accident that wasn't my fault. They were very helpful and professional on the phone, arranged a courtesy car the same day and had arranged the collection of my car which was a write off within a few days. I also had a follow up call the next day to check everything was okay. I would happily recommend! The only reason for the 4 stars and not 5, was a follow up call from myself a few days later when I spoke to a different person who wasn't very informative, but I guess its just pot luck who you get on the phone! All in all though, a good experience.
GOOD TO USE VERY RELIABLE
Great service easy to use well priced
I switched from another provider as I wasn't happy with renewal quote. RAC beat quote by a square mile and even though I haven't had any need to claim the paperwork /policy etc. were handled professionally.
(Home Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
Very helpful and polite ,straight to the point would recommend them
Good price thanks to confused.com
Satisfied with the service
(Home Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
Unsure if I could claim or not so I phoned up and the help and advice I was given was very good.
(Home Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
Not had any need to contact provider since purchase of policy,but the process to purchase was straightforward
(Home Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
really good insurance, i love that you can track your car on the app.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
All great...so far. Acid test comes if I need to claim
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
I do not wish to say anything
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
We have quite cheaper quotes from different countries
The Car insurance policy was a very good price and included RAC breakdown cover , so excellent
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 years ago