RAC Insurance Reviews

of reviewers recommend RAC Insurance
Telephone, Live Chat, Email

Tell us how RAC Insurance made you happy
Have BD cover with these guys - was looking to switch my insurance too. They don't offer any kind of existing customer deals and the price was about 25% higher than their competitors. I used someone else instead.
too intrusive into your driving habits and potential vehicle problems. too aggressive on delayed payments thretening to cut you off after 7 days and seeking compensation although it is marginally cheaper my advise is to stay clear of black box insurance
(Car Insurance) - Posted 6 months ago
The app doesn’t work correctly, it states your score is lower than it actually is. E.g. my app states my score is 22 out of 100 but the website is 99! The app needs changing.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 7 months ago
Great time with RAC, after a year with no claims or complaints, renewal quote was shockingly nearly double
Offhand and brief when contacted by phone. Extremely officious in all communication. Expected the world and gave little in return.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 9 months ago
Poor customer service. I
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
Claim was for water damage to property. Has taken nearly 3 months to complete repairs and reinstatement. Distinct lack of communication between parties involved resulting in prolonged intervals between the various stages of the job.
(Home Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
Had a nightmare deal with RAC. Not the best dealing with customer service.
Was alright, only problem I’ve had is the pricing going up because of my Mileage
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
Black box is very good and isn’t very sensitive with the score . Shame the app is slow and unresponsive
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
Got a reasonable deal on car insurance but subsequently bought a new car, I was changed £70 to change my insurance over complete rip off! Doesn t look like such a good deal now.
CONFUSING
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
My concern came when queries arose on number of years no claims. I haven't made a claim or had an accident for 20years but AXA only showed 7. This led to exchanges at the end of which I told RAC if they were unable to resolve l was withdrawing from this quote. Added to this AXA was their chosen provider for me!!! In July I believe I will have difficulties again.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
The quality of their front office in no way showed an understanding of the importance of this type of insurance. Governed by computers with no off line knowledge.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
I had to change my car and was charged £25 for the privilege I also had to change my personnel reg no at a later but I was told initially that I would not be charged again however when I rang up I was charged another £25 I will not be using RAC again
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
Good at the beginning but poor follow-up. I discussed the possibility of making a claim when a large tree branch fell on the car. The discussion was not with the RAC, I was passed on to someone else, presumably the representative of the underwriter. When I was told that I would have to accept the blame for the accident, because there was no-one else to claim from, I decided not to pursue the claim. I subsequently found that an at-fault claim had been recorded on my insurance record, despite the fact that I was not in the car at the time and that no claim was actually made. I discussed this with an RAC representative who promised to get the record corrected and let me know when this had been done. When nothing had happened after several weeks, I wrote to the RAC asking for this to be corrected but I have still received neither acknowledgement nor reply after more than 3 weeks.
I was very disappointed I never received my full 9+ YEARS no claims
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
My Claim has been going through since the end of June this year , in the begging the contact with the solicitors was good but since end of July cannot get any response , I rang early august after receiving some documents to sign several weeks previous and I was told would be cleared up in 7- 10 days 1 month ago I E mailed as I had heard nothing , still no response , I rang them up and spoke to a colleague of hers and was told it wouldn't be long now they were waiting for some information which I pointed out if they read the reports the info was already there. I mail again over 1 week ago still no response . This has been almost 6 months now and they do not have the decency to reply to me . Will need to think really hard on using RAC again purely on the Claim side . This is the first claim I have made in 47 years so I am not impressed
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
The policy was fine until I changed my car. I bought an older car with a much smaller engine and in a lower insurance group. RAC put my premiums up and also charged £30 for admin.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 years ago
RAC are just a broker it seems. Premier Claims who are the underwriters I have found to be very unprofessional, bad communicators and very slow at dealing with my claim.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 years ago