RAC Insurance Reviews

58% of reviewers recommend RAC Insurance

Tell us how RAC Insurance made you happy

Telephone, Live Chat, Email
"Offhand and brief when contacted by phone. Extremely officious in all communication. Expected the world and gave little in return."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 weeks ago
"Poor customer service. I"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 7 months ago
"Claim was for water damage to property. Has taken nearly 3 months to complete repairs and reinstatement. Distinct lack of communication between parties involved resulting in prolonged intervals between the various stages of the job."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 10 months ago
"Had a nightmare deal with RAC. Not the best dealing with customer service."
"Was alright, only problem I’ve had is the pricing going up because of my Mileage"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
"Black box is very good and isn’t very sensitive with the score . Shame the app is slow and unresponsive"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
"Got a reasonable deal on car insurance but subsequently bought a new car, I was changed £70 to change my insurance over complete rip off! Doesn t look like such a good deal now."
"CONFUSING"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"My concern came when queries arose on number of years no claims. I haven't made a claim or had an accident for 20years but AXA only showed 7. This led to exchanges at the end of which I told RAC if they were unable to resolve l was withdrawing from this quote. Added to this AXA was their chosen provider for me!!! In July I believe I will have difficulties again."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"The quality of their front office in no way showed an understanding of the importance of this type of insurance. Governed by computers with no off line knowledge."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"I had to change my car and was charged £25 for the privilege I also had to change my personnel reg no at a later but I was told initially that I would not be charged again however when I rang up I was charged another £25 I will not be using RAC again"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"Good at the beginning but poor follow-up. I discussed the possibility of making a claim when a large tree branch fell on the car. The discussion was not with the RAC, I was passed on to someone else, presumably the representative of the underwriter. When I was told that I would have to accept the blame for the accident, because there was no-one else to claim from, I decided not to pursue the claim. I subsequently found that an at-fault claim had been recorded on my insurance record, despite the fact that I was not in the car at the time and that no claim was actually made. I discussed this with an RAC representative who promised to get the record corrected and let me know when this had been done. When nothing had happened after several weeks, I wrote to the RAC asking for this to be corrected but I have still received neither acknowledgement nor reply after more than 3 weeks."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"I was very disappointed I never received my full 9+ YEARS no claims"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"My Claim has been going through since the end of June this year , in the begging the contact with the solicitors was good but since end of July cannot get any response , I rang early august after receiving some documents to sign several weeks previous and I was told would be cleared up in 7- 10 days 1 month ago I E mailed as I had heard nothing , still no response , I rang them up and spoke to a colleague of hers and was told it wouldn't be long now they were waiting for some information which I pointed out if they read the reports the info was already there. I mail again over 1 week ago still no response . This has been almost 6 months now and they do not have the decency to reply to me . Will need to think really hard on using RAC again purely on the Claim side . This is the first claim I have made in 47 years so I am not impressed"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"The policy was fine until I changed my car. I bought an older car with a much smaller engine and in a lower insurance group. RAC put my premiums up and also charged £30 for admin."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"RAC are just a broker it seems. Premier Claims who are the underwriters I have found to be very unprofessional, bad communicators and very slow at dealing with my claim."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"Great to have insurance with Rac Not over joyed with price. And no help when I was looking to insure second car. Just directed to website where I was pushed to another insurance company. Is that what you really want?"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"car took 5+ weeks to repair for what was ostensibly surface damage. i was not contacted at all during this period and the only way i found out what may be happening was when i repeatedly rang after 3 weeks only to be told that there was no planned completion date. i have registered a formal complaint with enterprise from which i have only received one acknowledgement and as yet no follow up call or apology for their tardiness. accident 21.05.15 car back on 06.07.15."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"RAC like most Insurance companies are keen to earn your business. Their website while easy means that your attention is grabbed by the bright colours but your simply and insect approaching a web of horrors. If you miss a payment by one day they allow no grace period and charge you an additional monthly premium, this can occur in the same banking day, so that if your paycheque clear but they tried to debit in the am but could not get payment till after 1600 the same day, your still left with a surcharge. Gone also are the wallet ID cards which were handy in an emergency. RAC also won't want you to know that when I wanted to change more cover from Comprehensive to Liability only, they wanted to increase my total yearly commitment of 280.00 to over £700 pounds. A bizarre amount having never had an accident or violation or any penalty points. Overall RAC provides basic insurance, but don't be fooled by the glossy outlook as there is none."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"Was very disappointed indeed that after paying for the whole years insurance on my 125 bike and riding for only 4 months before passing my test and selling bike.....I called to cancel my insurance immediately on selling bike then WAS ASTOUNDED THAT instead of a partial refund for the 8 months remaining insurance I WAS ACTUALLY CHARGED ALMOST £20 EXTRA FOR CANCELLATION FEES.....DISGUSTING.!!!!"
(Motorbike Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago