RAC Insurance Reviews

Cancellations & Refunds
Cancellation Process
Difficult

Tell us how RAC Insurance made you happy
The cover is great for a new driver and has a black box with free
Installation which is good. However, if you have the black box I had several occasions where my score drops severely for no reason meaning they do tamper with data if you dont keep an eye on it but all in all it is good
(Car Insurance) - Posted 7 months ago
Never again got policy restarting and payments going up each month was rediculas
(Car Insurance) - Posted 7 months ago
No particular comment.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 11 months ago
No issues with them though i feel i can lower my monthly premiums if i move from them.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 11 months ago
Have BD cover with these guys - was looking to switch my insurance too. They don't offer any kind of existing customer deals and the price was about 25% higher than their competitors. I used someone else instead.
too intrusive into your driving habits and potential vehicle problems.

too aggressive on delayed payments thretening to cut you off after 7 days and seeking compensation

although it is marginally cheaper my advise is to stay clear of black box insurance
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
The app doesn’t work correctly, it states your score is lower than it actually is. E.g. my app states my score is 22 out of 100 but the website is 99! The app needs changing.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
Great time with RAC, after a year with no claims or complaints, renewal quote was shockingly nearly double
Offhand and brief when contacted by phone. Extremely officious in all communication. Expected the world and gave little in return.
Poor customer service. I
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
Claim was for water damage to property. Has taken nearly 3 months to complete repairs and reinstatement. Distinct lack of communication between parties involved resulting in prolonged intervals between the various stages of the job.
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
Had a nightmare deal with RAC. Not the best dealing with customer service.
Was alright, only problem I’ve had is the pricing going up because of my Mileage
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
Black box is very good and isn’t very sensitive with the score . Shame the app is slow and unresponsive
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
Got a reasonable deal on car insurance but subsequently bought a new car, I was changed £70 to change my insurance over complete rip off!
Doesn t look like such a good deal now.
CONFUSING
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 years ago
My concern came when queries arose on number of years no claims. I haven't made a claim or had an accident for 20years but AXA only showed 7. This led to exchanges at the end of which I told RAC if they were unable to resolve l was withdrawing from this quote. Added to this AXA was their chosen provider for me!!! In July I believe I will have difficulties again.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 years ago
The quality of their front office in no way showed an understanding of the importance of this type of insurance. Governed by computers with no off line knowledge.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 years ago
I had to change my car and was charged £25 for the privilege I also had to change my personnel reg no at a later but I was told initially that I would not be charged again however when I rang up I was charged another £25

I will not be using RAC again
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 years ago
Good at the beginning but poor follow-up.
I discussed the possibility of making a claim when a large tree branch fell on the car. The discussion was not with the RAC, I was passed on to someone else, presumably the representative of the underwriter. When I was told that I would have to accept the blame for the accident, because there was no-one else to claim from, I decided not to pursue the claim. I subsequently found that an at-fault claim had been recorded on my insurance record, despite the fact that I was not in the car at the time and that no claim was actually made. I discussed this with an RAC representative who promised to get the record corrected and let me know when this had been done. When nothing had happened after several weeks, I wrote to the RAC asking for this to be corrected but I have still received neither acknowledgement nor reply after more than 3 weeks.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 5 years ago