RAC Insurance Reviews

54% of reviewers recommend RAC Insurance

Tell us how RAC Insurance made you happy

Telephone, Live Chat, Email
"Awful customer service, originally quoted £30 a month, went upto £60 as my husband had claims against him, charged £25 amendment fee, then charged another amendment fee of £25 to remove him off the policy. Car insurance alone was still £45 a month, to cancel it's £55 + the rest of the month, and would still have to pay amendment fees. They wrote to me 3 weeks later so after cooling period had ended. They are theives, avoid at all costs. Plus the fact I was put on hold for 15 minutes. Complete joke of a company."
"This company is an absolute joke tried to get extra money out me because they said my NCB was not received I had posted and emailed it and they still said it had not been received and £55 charge would be put in place on top or cancelled Would never use them again"
"Does what it says on the can......just like RAC itself .....solid ,trustworthy and reliable"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 6 months ago
"Upon being charged more for my insurance the originally quoted I immediately cancelled my insurance with them and requested a refund, I was reinsured that everything was cancelled and that the refund was processed and will take between 3-10 days to come back in, not trusting online companies after 5 days I contacted them again to make sure the refund had been processed as i was previously told turns out it hadn't and that i would have to wait up to a further 8 days to get this refund afterwards i reached out to them on twitter to 100% confirm i was getting my refund i was told to DM them my details and they would get back to me and surprise surprise they never did i can't believe how useless and uncaring they are when it comes to giving people their money back. if you have recently cancelled i would advise chasing them or they will all be having a nice holiday in our expense"
"Got charged extra for an "information only " comment posted by previous company on claim site. RIP off company who appear to extort extra money where possible. Cancelled immediately and went to a more reputable company."
"I found that the rac give you useful advice on driving and new laws in monthly emails were precious insurers just seem to want your money"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 7 months ago
"I am already with RAC & bought a 2nd car. As a customer with 7-years protected no-claims bonus & 55 years old, I called them for a quote after buying a convertible Mercedes. They quoted me £1100 plus. I went to Confused.com & quotes started from £252. Do not trust these jokers. They will take advantage of ongoing clients. This quote was without a 7-year no claims bonus as it can only be used on one car."
"Very efficient Very helpful Gave uncomplicated answers to any information request"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 7 months ago
"RAC car insurance sucks. The customer care sucks! RAC don’t actually offer car insurance, they are a broker! We sadly had to make a claim as some9ne hit my wife’s car. RAC passed the claim to a claims management company, who in turn passed the claim to another. The claim was never resolved. I could have contacted a no win no fee claims management company, I didn’t insure with the RAC for them to simply pass off my claim, I expected them to manage it. The RAC is a joke, you might as well not be insured!"
"Unsure if I could claim or not so I phoned up and the help and advice I was given was very good."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 7 months ago
"My building insurance was set to automatically renew. I specifically asked this not to happen....The race have looked into it... And claim it's my fault... Beware of the fact and there underhand tactics ."
"Automatic recharging for home building insurance....Even through you don't want it .Very sharp practices ... Steer well clear ....."
"Auto recharged my credit card when I didn't explicitly confirm for a recharge. Now I am dealing with getting back the insurance I did not want to buy!!"
"Telephoning Rac is a nightmare. You have to listen to all the jargon for 10 minutes before you are placed in a queue for the next available adviser. I accepted an online quote from them. Due to start in over 7 days I asked for docs in the post. Never got them. Said it would take 7 days. I paid a deposit up front of £40 so I cancelled before policy seven started they then deducted a 25 pound admin fee. RIP off company don't touch them."
"I would not recommend RAC to anyone. They are an absolute rip off. They took unauthorised money from our account for reasons which other insurance companies agree with me is ridiculous & unfair and now I have to go to the time and trouble to go to the financial ombudsman to try & resolve this. Don't make the same mistake as we did, steer clear of these"
"Not had any need to contact provider since purchase of policy,but the process to purchase was straightforward"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 8 months ago
"They refused to transfer my policy with 8 months to run. THEY ONLY WOULD SELL ME A NEW POLICY. TERRIBLE COMPANY."
"Absolutely awful. I have a drone and an electric skateboard. Both of which are not covered for theft from my home, by my home contents insurance. Need to change to ‘Aviva’,"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 8 months ago
"Cancelled Van insurance due to selling the Van still had six months left to run on the insurance has i had paid this upfront was told they would charge me a fee of £75 for cancellation and also the broker they had arrange my insurance through would also charge me a fee of £25. They said "We'll be in touch again within the next 7 days to give you a breakdown of anything that you owe us, or any refunds that we owe you". 14 days later and after a reminder phone call to them after 10 days that they had not been in touch i am still waiting, definitely would not recommend."
"Terrible! Constant hurdles so they can double the cost of insurance. Do not use, much better deals and customer service available. They purposely deceive the customer. Poor business practice and they do not deserve the business."
RAC Insurance is rated 3.18 based on 526 reviews