RAC Insurance Reviews

50% of reviewers recommend RAC Insurance

Tell us how RAC Insurance made you happy

Telephone, Live Chat, Email
"I spent almost thirty minutes waiting on the telephone for a live human voice so that I could cancel the overpriced automatic renewal notice that I had received. Awful service"
"I MY CAR INSURANCE ,I added my wife as second driver at that time she had professional licence .after 3 months she passed full driving licence. I contact with rac and update my wife driving status but they didn't update my policy. They forced to cancel my policy and given new 1 year policy and take £625 extra. .. After 1 weeks I got new cheaper policy from tesco. .I cancelled rac policy and save big money"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"Customer service was very helpful in sorting everything out for me"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"For the first time in my life (insurance since 1982) I feel I have been betrayed and uttley let down by an insurance company. Whilst they are polite over the phone, they are simply a rip-off should you need to change your car midway though your policy year. Id avoid at all costs and you'll save money to boot! Simply, I sold my old car having first transferred my plate off. This plate went on retention for new car. £25 sir but we'll waive the further charge for re-registering your next vehicle. Number plate put on next car with two months of buying it (DVLA slow), call them to advise of change - "no problem sir". Stopped by police in September as car coming up not insured - checked its original number and that was fine. Call RAC next morning to resolve only to find that the existing policy would no longer quote/insure my car. All I'd done was change the number plate. The new quote was over £100 more and bearing in mind I'd paid more in the first place for a simpler life made it now instantly over £100 more than an online policy through a popular search engine. To rub salt in the would they refunded my a paltry amount despite them effectively forcing me away. AVOID AT ALL COSTS"
"They were very misleading about being able to accept records from abroad to support no claims bonus. Basically said they would (which is main reason I chose them) but then didn't."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 years ago
"RAC are just a broker it seems. Premier Claims who are the underwriters I have found to be very unprofessional, bad communicators and very slow at dealing with my claim."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 years ago
"I took on this policy as through a well known comparison site. I chose the policy as I was quoted £450, however when the policy came through it cost a whopping £1,000 and by this point I had already cancelled my previous policy which was around £600."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 years ago
"Would never recommend the RAC my mother has been with them for years for insurance and full breakdown cover and was diagnosed last October with cancer, we had to sell her car and I wrote to them asking for a refund this is now March 2015. We have had 2 letters saying they are looking into it and a phone call from a very young lady demanding a written confirmation from my mothers GP that she was indeed terminally ill. I was furious, it is hard enough to deal with a relative being ill without the need to prove the illness, who on earth would make such a story up to gain a refund of what is due?! Disgusting"
"not had to useso cannot comment"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 years ago
"As a "new" boy I am unable to give any objective comment"
RAC Insurance is rated 3.02 based on 582 reviews