RAC Insurance Reviews

50% of reviewers recommend RAC Insurance

Tell us how RAC Insurance made you happy

Telephone, Live Chat, Email
"Will never recommend or use again.."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 4 months ago
"THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE. I got the black box insurance with them, and they said I had 2 weeks to get it installed. I booked an appointment, told them I was working until 1pm and they gave me an appointment for the morning. Then gave me a Saturday appointment, didn’t show. Had another appointment today, again no show. I called them and they told me the engineer came, took pictures etc. My mum was in ALL morning (I was working) and no one came to the door, the dogs never even barked. They then claimed I was lying and cancelled my insurance, and without my car I can’t get to work and therefore can’t get paid (0 hour contract). All in all this company is a JOKE, such appalling service and we will take this as high as we can. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!"
"Good company to be with until I foi d out that I had a claim which I never did now I lose my ncb"
"Don't insure through these if you are in the motor trade and opting out they do not accept motor trade ncb. I am 46 buying a 1,0 litre Fiesta quote was £357 I provided proof of NCB not acceptable then wanted £808 and they car car salesman try it on. Ruined my weekend"
"Good price thanks to confused.com"
"Just had my renewable quote through which is now £700 a year up from £500. I phoned customer services to see if it was a mistake since i have made no claims or had any convivtions. It clearly was not. Customer service agent could not tell me why premium had increased by 40%. Have now got same insurance cover for under £350 with LV. I had been a loyal customer with RAC but will no longer use any more of your products."
"The worst insurance company I have ever used. We tried to make a claim. After the torture of explaining the claim and the details they said put me through to the ombudsman. The phone rang and rang and I waited for over 20 mins and the phone just rang through. Will never use them again."
"Don't subscribe your insurance with RAC! This is the worst insurance company I have ever been with. Before activating the claim I went to other garage to have a quote and the car didn't have nothing wrong a part of the lights an bump front damaged. I was told the car have suspension problems and must be written-off. The car had 4 months and 3 years guaranty, it was impossible to have suspension problems. They never contacted me, despite the fact they said they tried once, but no calls received. After had my car back, it was repaired and again in the report no problems at all. This must be a scam, i heard more people complaining also, and having the same problems. If you considering taking a car insurance Do not do it with RAC."
"I've been with rac insurance for about 8 years. The last few years they have tried to screw me over on renewal price. Last year 700 gbp to renew my policy, started new policy with rac for 400 gbp. This year same thing renewal of 700gbp got a new policy with AA for 280gbp. Rac still too the money with no authority from me, now trying to get my money back. I would recommend rac insurance to anyone."
"Great, until it comes to making a claim, then they bounce you from department to department and nobody actually takes responsibility. 14 phone calls yesterday and 3 so far today just trying to sort out a glass repair for a sunroof."
"Telematics Black Box insurance was cancelled - obnoxious staff who called me a liar saying I was speeding on a narrow built up street which is IMPOSSIBLE. Never have a black box - not worth the hassle although cancelled insurance doesn’t seem to affect new insurance quotes!"
"disgraceful service, still not sorted claim, they fob you off with enterprise renta car and try to get you to claim whiplash. There is no email to put anything in writing, you get bounced around like a rubber ball as nobody knows what they are doing. The worst company I have ever dealt with, and believe me I've dealt with some dross."
"Terrible customer service: made windscreen damage claim and this counted against my NCD for some reason. Contacted them and they acknowledged the error but then it was not shown on subsequent documentation. Promised to send an e-mail print of an online chat but this never arrived."
"Very good company"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 5 months ago
"The price comparison site showed that the RAC policy would include a courtesy car. It transpires, after signing up to the deal, that this is only possible if thd garage has one available. To guarantee a courtesy car you have to pay extra plus an admin fee. Incredibly unprofessional."
"This is the worst company I have ever been with. I had a accident with my car and it was written off. I was told I have one week to get another otherwise my car insurance (including my breakdown cover) would be cancelled and I had to pay the full year premium. I did find another car but couldn't get it for another 3 weeks so they now have threatened that they will cancel my policy unless I get the car today. Also even that the car has a smaller engine and I have 9years protected no claim my insurance premium has doubled. As it was an old car which was written of I will basically pay the claim I made back in one year. Other insurance quotes were half this price but I can't leave the RAC as I would have to pay 2 premiums. Also if you try to call them expect to wait a minimal of 20 mins before they answer the phone as they don't employ enough people to deal with the amount of calls.if you consider taking a car insurance out with the RAC. DON'T DO IT!!! There are many companies out there who treat you much better for a much more competitive price!"
"Terrible company, terrible service. Took out insurance late 2018, had an accident Feb 2019. Turns out their just brokers, my underwriters were Covea. No communication from RAC about anything plus after accident was still being billed and have to pay the full term of the policy. When I contacted them it turns out this is their standard practice. Waiting on a copy of the call and transcript. Wont deal with them EVER again."
"too intrusive into your driving habits and potential vehicle problems. too aggressive on delayed payments thretening to cut you off after 7 days and seeking compensation although it is marginally cheaper my advise is to stay clear of black box insurance"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 5 months ago
"The charges are a joke for cancelling cover or changing car details will not use them again."
"I re-insured with RAC despite the fact their price was £50 higher than their competitors simply to avoid the hassle. My payment declined due to an expired bank card (my fault I know) and I subsequently had to pay a £20 fee which I felt they could have removed due to the loyal customer factor... apparently not. The woman I spoke to in customer service was also ridiculously patronising. I then received an email asking for urgent contact as a letter had been returned to sender. They made no attempt to contact me other than through email and stated they would have to take action against the policy if I didn't get in contact, despite having spoke to them and confirmed all my details the week before! After 2 ridiculously drawn out attempts to get through to someone on the phones I've given up. Funny how when you register it as a complaint on the phone line no one seems to answer...."
RAC Insurance is rated 3.01 based on 586 reviews