RAC Insurance Reviews

Cancellations & Refunds
Cancellation Process
Difficult

Tell us how RAC Insurance made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY! Most unhelpful company in the world. Me and my partner got stuck in a foreign country due to Covid19 and we traveled before there where any travel restrictions made. They still haven’t even responded till this day we have been home now over a week and had to pay everything out of our own pocket couldn’t get hold of them I think there insurance is a SCAM!
My husband has been stuck on the a12 for 5 and half hours. After he dropped medicine to his dad. The RAC have been absolutely appalling. We were meant to be priority at 9.10 as my daughter was in car. Nope. Duty of care as gone out the window with the company.
Terrible DO NOT USE. After i had my black box fitted the car would not start and was completely immobilized I rang the insurance company they told me to ring the installers who told me to ring the insurers after 2 hours they said I would have to wait 2 days for someone to come back out.
Waited over an hour and never got through listened to the stupid music then at 7pm got cut off I've got breakdown cover with these people I will be cancelling it first thing Monday morning and going with the AA at least they answer the phone when you ring I would of given no stars if I could avoid
Got hit by a tree and had to make a claim. Made the call and was then given a ref number and a phone number of co op insurance who were my insures not RAC. Lots call and messing about on a 0345 number which is a premium number 9p a min. First few mins were of cause press 1 and so on . Got paid out no probs less the £350 excess. Didnt replace the car but because it was my fault the tree hit my car and they paid out it meant i had to pay the full years policy. No goodwill please come back or any thing . 1 call was the entire effort RAC put into my policy so wont be back and i would urge u to look elsewere. Hope the breakdown service i have isnt as bad
Just been on the phone for 40 mins waiting to renew my holiday insurance without success. Come on RAC get a grip your losses some one else gain
20 mins on phone yesterday. no answer!!! today so far 30 mins and the next person who is free will take my call. I will cancel not only insurance but breakdown cover as well . terrible service, don't have anything to do with this appalling company
The worst car insurance I've ever had in my 15 years of driving
Had insurance that was coming in at £65/month - moved house from Edinburgh to Glasgow and they informed me that my monthly premium will nearly 3X to £160. Laughable considering other insurers will still insure me for the same amount as I was previously paying To begin with. I think it’s just a ploy to rip off their customers who don’t want to be paying admin/cancellation fees + the cost of deposits to start a new policy with another company. Dirty business practice if you ask me...
im insured with them with all the available ad-ons on the policy including breakdown, when i broke down and rang em they said im not on their system......
Agree, with previous person. Do not get a black box with them. Avoid as it will cost you.
Agree ruthless is the word, do not get a black box with them, send threatening letters saying they are cancelling due to the miles you have done even though you have 4,500 left, you have to increase to more miles otherwise they will cancel, so you pay them. For them to threaten you again, worse mistake in car insurance I have ever done, and U did thus for a family member. They were like this in the beginning even getting the box installed, but it costs you £125 to cancel so you stuck with it, so not right The insurance ombudsman needs to look into them are thief's.
Absolutely rubbish
Dooooooooooo not even think about taking insurance from them.
Absolutely disgusted with RAC. My son tapped a car at a roundabout and apparently that cost £1500 to repair, he gave up driving due to anxiety so went to cancel his car insurance to then be told he has to finish paying the remaining 4 payments or the balance will be sent to a creditor. Never again will I use them. They rinsed my husband too on breakdown cover always charged him every time he broke down even though we paid a huge fee every year for breakdown cover. Stay clear is my advice they will rip you off.
If I could leave a 0 i would. set up the insurance and was told we can change our private registration for free within first 14 days and then when I called they wanted extra £3.50 per month because apparently putting a different registration on your car is a higher risk. Massive con artist. Never insure with this company!!!!!
I AM DISGUSTED WITH THE RAC I LOST 3 YEARS NO CLAMS BONUS THEY COULDNT FIND THE ORIGINAT CERTIFTATE I SENT IN DIABOLICAL
Paid for 12 months van insurance in full then after 6 months I sold the van so rang to say I no longer needed the van insurance. I was then told there was no refund and that I owed them a further £16.85. I am feeling totally ripped off. In 30 years of driving I have never had a company not issue some kind of refund after only using the policy for 6 months and actually charge you more. Not happy.
Paid my van insurance for 12 months in full. Six months later I sold the van as I no longer needed it. I let them know straight away. I was then told there was no refund and I also owed them a further £16.85p. Feeling totally ripped off. Every other company I have used in the last 30 years would have refunded something after only using the policy for 6 months. Not happy.
Terrible company. Most people who pay monthly are doing so because they can’t afford a lump sum. They tried to increase my monthly payment because I got an evening job I already had - I didn’t use my car for it but they tried to increase my premiums by £17 per month because apparently earning more money makes me more at risk of not paying logical ha? This isn’t the half of the trouble I have gone through with this company and the companies it associates itself with. DO MOT GO WITH THEM
Absolutely disgraceful company, and such a shame the name of RAC is being put to such a lousy business,
They literally robbed my 19 year old son of £170 to cancel a policy
The black box business is a scam which I've heard lots of other people tell me about.
They purposely phone you to tell you of a slight issue (usually emissions) with your vehicle and then no further contact is made, its only when you try to claim that they tell you your policy is void as you took no action with the tiny fault on your car, they do it to all young drivers to get out of paying claims.
They are the worst company ive ever had the displeasure to deal with.
Thieves, liars and out and out crooks
RAC Insurance is rated 2.78 based on 701 reviews