Purely Pets Reviews

33% of reviewers recommend Purely Pets

How would you rate Purely Pets ?

"Purely Pets covered my aging cat (12yrs) with a reasonable monthly premium and paid out when she had health problems. Communication via email was professional and in a timely manner. Recommended."
"I have found all dealings have been first class, and very easy to deal with."
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"Purley pets took on a previous insurance policy, we didn't receive a renewal quote but they proceeded with taking a much higher monthly premium. When we challenged they agreed to cancel contract but refused a refund for the money taken. Stay clear...."
"Claims take forever to process. Website promises 5 days but that's just to pick up the file. All emails are ignored, post lost and phone calls are fruitless providing misleading information. Have now been told that even when claims are given the go ahead, payment can still take up to 14 days. I would not recommend and will not be renewing. I just wish I'd checked these reviews before committing to the policy. The only way to expedite anything is to call their complaints department on 02392 287 463"
"only paid third of cost only ever made 1 claim 4 years ago and price of policy gone up so considering changing now."
"If I could give no stars I would BUYER BEWARE. Do Not just this company. They will do anything to get out of paying a claim. I paid insurance for 09 years and then my dog developed diabetes. Once I had made a claim they increased monthly payments x3. At year 11 Dog injured his eye. They used the excuse that because he had diabetes it took longer to heal which required vet treatment. My vet advised that if they will use that excuse they will not honour any claim. So cancelled insurance. Advised on website that it is £30 administration charge which I paid. They then instructed a solicitor to claim the money again. Apparently a fault with their system and the letter was sent automatically to solicitors. First I knew was getting a letter from solicitor demanding money. The whole situition has been very stressful am emotionally draining."
"I had to keep ringing up to find out what was happening with my claim and then ring my vets for more information. Purely Pets should have done this. It took 3 months to get my claim resolved. Without me ringing back and forth I would not have received any compensation."
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 6 months ago
"I have a £2000 accident & illness limit & you only pay £480 out of a £1000 claim. The word accident in the policy means to me you cover an accident. Why do you say accidents are not covered in an accident & illness plan. Any accident a pet has will need emergency treatment. Not to cover emergency treatment because it's in the your small print is very miss leading."
"Don't understand why they think it is acceptable to charge a £30 fee for simply not renewing a policy that only cost £70!"
"i had paid out over 600 pound because my dog had eye ulcers on both eyes but cos his vet record showed he had ulcer on one eye 3 yrs earlier to which I didn't claim they said cos it was over a 1 year period they refused my claim. I pey these people 180 pound each year that I feel it was for nothing. people need to steer well away from purely pets"
"Paid monthly premiums for two years our dog was unwell cost us £600 in advance and they won't cover his illness the only reason we took out insurance cover in the first place so we didn't get into financial difficulty! Our children won't be having a very Happy Christmas, thanks Purely Pets!"
"painfully slow at dealing with claims and try to weasel out of providing as much cover as possible - avoid!"
"Zero star not possible."
"This pet insurance increases their premiums by massive amounts each year. I also called to notify them of my new address and they charged me a £10 fee for this! Ludicrous! Will be leaving them at policy renewal. Would have left sooner but it costs £30 to cancel your policy. Anything to grab money from you!"
"They are making any possible excuses not to pay my claim; the latest is that they can't read the vet's writing. I would not recommend this pet insurance."
"simple to take out and clear policies, will have to wait and see what its like if i have to claim."
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
"The amount of time taken to reconcile claims is truly appalling, you continually have to chase them for payment. Each time we have put a claim form in they manage to find a reason to send it back or alternatively advise they haven't received it. Totally frustrating!"
"On their web site they state 20 days to deal with a claim .I have been waiting since June 2016 (14 weeks) still no response.Not acceptable.Fine until you have to claim, then they blame volume of claims the reason for delay."
"I have made two claims over the years and waited over 2 months for both to be settled. They do not respond to e-mails or calls. I am currently waiting to hear why they took £30 from my account after the policy had been cancelled. Needless to say I have now cancelled all my policy's with them, which total 4 in all and gone elsewhere. Truly appalling service . Would never recommend them ."
"Purely Pets is just one big joke. They aim to settle claims in 10 working days but in my experience it takes them an average of 2 MONTHS. I find now they are not even answering calls. I've left emails but no one responds, I've left a number for a call back but no one ever gets back to me. Paid plenty money in over the years but once my dog was ill they just didn't want to know. It is stressful enough when your beloved pet is ill and the last thing you need is dealing with incompetent fools. DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND DON'T TOUCH THIS INSURANCE COMPANY"
Purely Pets is rated 2.41 based on 39 reviews