Purely Pets Reviews

27% of reviewers recommend Purely Pets

Tell us how Purely Pets made you happy

"If I could rate them 0 I would. Worst company ever, can't tell me before I get my pet treated whether I can claim or not. Told them exactly what the problem is and the 2 lines of treatment. Their advice - get it done put the claim in we will then make a decision!!!!!! Ombudsman tomorrow. The silence was deafening when I asked it her pet was insured through purely pets!!!!! That speaks volumes. I will advice all my friends on a pet social media site not to touch you with a barge pole. No wonder the monthly fee is reasonable. Bunch of cowboys"
"Absolute money grabbers! Charged me £10 to change my address, have been paying an expensive rate for 7 years without a claim, then to find out not covered for dental treatment!! I have cancelled my policy, but will be charged for this too!! This is what gives insurers a bad name!! Do not insure your poor pet with this company!!"
"Ok so first of all let's get the positive part of the review done. This company has paid up when a claim goes in. My main reason for discontent is that if your pet is diagnosed with a long term illness. Knowing full well that you can no longer move insurance companies they take the opportunity to shaft you. In one year (when my dog was diagnosed with arthiritis) they doubled my premium (from approx £100 to £200 a month) and it has consistently gone up every year since. Expect any treatment to be added onto next year's premium in full. I've insured quite a few pets down the years and have never had an insurance company like this one that seem intent on wringing money out of you. Also read the small print carefully as everything seems to be exempt or have a limit, especially common ailments like cruciate ligament. Personally I would go elsewhere.. I've had far better experiences with other insurers (such as tescos) who behaved decently even when I had a cat once which cost them thousands more than I ever paid them."
"Yes would deffo not star them at all to be honest!! Staff are nice but very stupid terms and conditions!! We have paid £20 a month for nearly 6 years but because our lovely boy has a condition with his knee that has been noted by the vet (bit with NO treatment so far!!) he shall not be covered!! Absolutely disgusting and what a money earner for them!! Cancellation in progress!!!"
"Agree with a previous poster, we didn't realise that they had taken over from our previous insurance company, no new renewal notice, a very expensive lesson learned. No wonder when I called to cancel they didn't offer an alternative price."
"I covered my dog with purely pets , and 7 months later he unfortunately died of a bleed to the lungs . No sign of him being unwell until the day he died .which was a big shock. He was 2 years old . But as he was insured we thought at least the vets bill would be paid £595.00 . But no they said as we were only with them a short time and only paid in £108.00 in premiums we were due a refund of £12.50 . So no don’t touch them ."
"Expensive. Read the small print - especially for any body parts that come in pairs!"
"Go else where"
"Very Insensitive Rude Male .......higher up spoke to me regarding the excessive high renewal of my cat Sacha......from £799 to almost £1,500 to which I am going to make a complaint to the Ombudsman. Policy: pur 31835019 Next time I will use Pet Plan"
"Purely Pets covered my aging cat (12yrs) with a reasonable monthly premium and paid out when she had health problems. Communication via email was professional and in a timely manner. Recommended."
"I have found all dealings have been first class, and very easy to deal with."
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 9 months ago
"Purley pets took on a previous insurance policy, we didn't receive a renewal quote but they proceeded with taking a much higher monthly premium. When we challenged they agreed to cancel contract but refused a refund for the money taken. Stay clear...."
"Claims take forever to process. Website promises 5 days but that's just to pick up the file. All emails are ignored, post lost and phone calls are fruitless providing misleading information. Have now been told that even when claims are given the go ahead, payment can still take up to 14 days. I would not recommend and will not be renewing. I just wish I'd checked these reviews before committing to the policy. The only way to expedite anything is to call their complaints department on 02392 287 463"
"only paid third of cost only ever made 1 claim 4 years ago and price of policy gone up so considering changing now."
"If I could give no stars I would BUYER BEWARE. Do Not just this company. They will do anything to get out of paying a claim. I paid insurance for 09 years and then my dog developed diabetes. Once I had made a claim they increased monthly payments x3. At year 11 Dog injured his eye. They used the excuse that because he had diabetes it took longer to heal which required vet treatment. My vet advised that if they will use that excuse they will not honour any claim. So cancelled insurance. Advised on website that it is £30 administration charge which I paid. They then instructed a solicitor to claim the money again. Apparently a fault with their system and the letter was sent automatically to solicitors. First I knew was getting a letter from solicitor demanding money. The whole situition has been very stressful am emotionally draining."
"I had to keep ringing up to find out what was happening with my claim and then ring my vets for more information. Purely Pets should have done this. It took 3 months to get my claim resolved. Without me ringing back and forth I would not have received any compensation."
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
"I have a £2000 accident & illness limit & you only pay £480 out of a £1000 claim. The word accident in the policy means to me you cover an accident. Why do you say accidents are not covered in an accident & illness plan. Any accident a pet has will need emergency treatment. Not to cover emergency treatment because it's in the your small print is very miss leading."
"Don't understand why they think it is acceptable to charge a £30 fee for simply not renewing a policy that only cost £70!"
"i had paid out over 600 pound because my dog had eye ulcers on both eyes but cos his vet record showed he had ulcer on one eye 3 yrs earlier to which I didn't claim they said cos it was over a 1 year period they refused my claim. I pey these people 180 pound each year that I feel it was for nothing. people need to steer well away from purely pets"
"Paid monthly premiums for two years our dog was unwell cost us £600 in advance and they won't cover his illness the only reason we took out insurance cover in the first place so we didn't get into financial difficulty! Our children won't be having a very Happy Christmas, thanks Purely Pets!"
Purely Pets is rated 2.17 based on 48 reviews