Purely Pets Reviews

33% of reviewers recommend Purely Pets

How would you rate Purely Pets?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

33 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Purely Pets in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"I had to keep ringing up to find out what was happening with my claim and then ring my vets for more information. Purely Pets should have done this. It took 3 months to get my claim resolved. Without me ringing back and forth I would not have received any compensation."
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"I have a £2000 accident & illness limit & you only pay £480 out of a £1000 claim. The word accident in the policy means to me you cover an accident. Why do you say accidents are not covered in an accident & illness plan. Any accident a pet has will need emergency treatment. Not to cover emergency treatment because it's in the your small print is very miss leading."
"Don't understand why they think it is acceptable to charge a £30 fee for simply not renewing a policy that only cost £70!"
"i had paid out over 600 pound because my dog had eye ulcers on both eyes but cos his vet record showed he had ulcer on one eye 3 yrs earlier to which I didn't claim they said cos it was over a 1 year period they refused my claim. I pey these people 180 pound each year that I feel it was for nothing. people need to steer well away from purely pets"
"Paid monthly premiums for two years our dog was unwell cost us £600 in advance and they won't cover his illness the only reason we took out insurance cover in the first place so we didn't get into financial difficulty! Our children won't be having a very Happy Christmas, thanks Purely Pets!"
"painfully slow at dealing with claims and try to weasel out of providing as much cover as possible - avoid!"
Pauline Wigley
Verified Reviewer
"Zero star not possible."
"This pet insurance increases their premiums by massive amounts each year. I also called to notify them of my new address and they charged me a £10 fee for this! Ludicrous! Will be leaving them at policy renewal. Would have left sooner but it costs £30 to cancel your policy. Anything to grab money from you!"
"They are making any possible excuses not to pay my claim; the latest is that they can't read the vet's writing. I would not recommend this pet insurance."
"simple to take out and clear policies, will have to wait and see what its like if i have to claim."
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 7 months ago
"The amount of time taken to reconcile claims is truly appalling, you continually have to chase them for payment. Each time we have put a claim form in they manage to find a reason to send it back or alternatively advise they haven't received it. Totally frustrating!"
"On their web site they state 20 days to deal with a claim .I have been waiting since June 2016 (14 weeks) still no response.Not acceptable.Fine until you have to claim, then they blame volume of claims the reason for delay."
"I have made two claims over the years and waited over 2 months for both to be settled. They do not respond to e-mails or calls. I am currently waiting to hear why they took £30 from my account after the policy had been cancelled. Needless to say I have now cancelled all my policy's with them, which total 4 in all and gone elsewhere. Truly appalling service . Would never recommend them ."
Angela Walker
Verified Reviewer
"Purely Pets is just one big joke. They aim to settle claims in 10 working days but in my experience it takes them an average of 2 MONTHS. I find now they are not even answering calls. I've left emails but no one responds, I've left a number for a call back but no one ever gets back to me. Paid plenty money in over the years but once my dog was ill they just didn't want to know. It is stressful enough when your beloved pet is ill and the last thing you need is dealing with incompetent fools. DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND DON'T TOUCH THIS INSURANCE COMPANY"
"Purely Pets..... what can I say - I indicate 1 star but wish I could select lower. I was advised by the "purely pets claims department" that it was fine for me to pay the various bills over a period and then claim on a lump sum. This is NOT the best course of action as you will pay a significant proportion of the bills and then have a real challenge to recover any of the overall cost. If you do this you are taken on (what seems like) a never ending admin merry go round. I completed all required documents and 2 simple claims professionally presented by my vet were declined (This took almost 2 months). I do not believe that they ever intend to pay a claim and all efforts seem to be geared towards reasons why they should not pay. - I would definitely AVOID Purely Pets."
"After waiting for over a month, claim was denied. Condition of blocked bladder in cat, could be due to stress,they do not cover anything if stress related, even the word may if enough. Exclusion clause 5.1A states they will not cover for illness. So any claim can be dismissed. Do not be tempted by low premium, do not use, be warned. I am going to,be using the Ombudsman and if necessary the claims court The Cowboys must be stopped"
"Quick enough to take your monthly payment but have been waiting since beginning of April to receive money back from claim . They say 10 working days all I keep being told is they have a increased amount of claims and they are trying there best to get it dealt with .. Not good enough .. Customer service is useless .. Avoid this compNy"
"Thankfully, I have not needed to make a claim, but I am, so far, quite happy to have taken out a policy with Purely Pets."
(Pet Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
Charlotte Bell
Verified Reviewer
"Had cover for a couple of years, never claimed on my policy. I unfortunately had to have my beautiful dog put to sleep. I was unable to claim for this due to his age which I was aware of and didn't have issue with. I therefore cancelled my policy as didn't need it any longer. I was sent an e mail advising that I was owed premium and it would be credited to my account. A few days letter I was sent a conflicting e mail saying I owed them money. I called and was advised that this was an administration fee and that the first letter was wrong. I was told it was in my policy wording therefore had to pay regardless. I complained about this as I was not given an apology for the error with the first incorrect email and also why was I paying this admin fee when it was an online provider? I was told I had to pay regardless or they would sent this to a debt collection company. So not only had I lost my best friend which I was deeply upset about I also had the added distress of being threatened with this when I had initially thought everything was ok and I was up to date with my payments. AVOID at all costs. Have no idea what real customer service is and are clearly only in it to make as much money as they can!!!"
"Went with Purely Pets in February 2015 p after our pet insurance company went into liquidation. Both our Italian Spinones were 7yrs 6months. In June one was taken seriously ill and admitted to Animal Health Trust Newmarket and over a period of three weeks went back twice had spleen removed and various biopsies. Purely Pets were fantastic dealt directly with AHT and settled without any problem. They have been wonderful when I have called up they have shown understanding and compassion. Our dog is on the road to recovery. I appreciate that the payment may go up next year but that unfortunately is the circumstances when the dog gets older. I cant recommend highly enough. Great Company and I have always had my dogs insured with other companies but never had service like I have with Purely Pets."
Purely Pets is rated 2.42 based on 33 reviews