Prudential Reviews

Prudential have a Customer Happiness Grade of D. Customers are unhappy with their customer service. Full Insights

50% of reviewers recommend Prudential
1 New Reviews Written
8PM
8PM
Telephone

How would you rate Prudential ?

"Get passed around over the phone, then have to do security checks all over again! My premium has gone but thought I would stop with them as made a claim for a smashed phone screen without having to pay excess. Tried to make a claim for another smashed phone but my excess has changed to £250 so not worth it as screen is less than that. I should have read my new policy details so partly my fault but will not go with them again. Rubbish!"
"Contacting prudential is a nightmare I’m sick of trying to ring and get to someone to speak to and putting the phone down after at least 30 minutes. The email address on the recent letter will not allow me to send emails"
"As a trustee, I needed to quickly liquidate a trust’s bond holdings in a number of companies. The largest holding was with Prudential and while other companies have managed to do as they were asked within the timescale demanded, Prudential have been spectacularly incompetent. Among their several failings: * they did not liquidate the bond when they were asked, despite numerous reminders * they kept causing further delays because they claimed that documentation had not been “scanned into the system”, when it had. Scanning by you or I takes a matter of minutes but at the Pru each scanning pixel is hand-crafted, which is why it takes days. * they didn’t communicate with each other or with us and we were often left holding on the phone for up to 50 minutes trying to sort out the mess that they had made * when they finally liquidated the bond, they had a brainstorm and randomly reinvested the proceeds into something else entirely rather than transmitting the cash. They failed to inform us of this surreal mistake, causing yet more delays * they have not responded to an official complaint to their complaints department about their serious failings * one of their lackadaisical employees made the comment that “everyone makes mistakes” without a hint of an apology or any sense that they knew how to sort it out * an email of complaint and threat of legal action to a line manager received an automated reply that he was on holiday and that a colleague should be contacted instead, with no contact details provided. We are still waiting for the money, weeks after it should have been paid out. It was a simple request and a simple task for them to perform. They have failed utterly to perform it and show no concern at having done so. To quote from their website “We have very high standards and do everything we can to ensure that all our customers get the best possible service, but sometimes we do make mistakes.” This should be amended to “We have magicked up a set of high standards but haven’t a clue how to achieve them and our staff can’t be bothered to follow them. Our best possible service is miles worse than that of our competitors. When we keep making mistakes, don’t expect concern, an apology or rectification in anything approaching a reasonable timescale.”"
"We are the company that our staff holds Prudential Pension plan. I would like to request them to increase the amount of monthly pension direct debit. I have to call and send the application form for 4 months and now they haven't changed it. Really poor service and have unnecessary strict procedure.I never have any problem to deal with many pension company such as Standard Life, Aviva and Virgin. Prudential is really bad service. Please think before decide to you them."
"Contacted them on several occasions on secure message. And not once did they contact me. But they promised to contact within 5 working days. What a joke this company is"
"Seriously has anyone tried to claim their pension, simply cannot get through via their telephone line. I have trying for 2 weeks now and given up after 10 mins on the phone every time. In fact trying to get through now, bored so i thought i would give them some feedback."
"Bosses earn millions in bonuses, shareholders receive high dividend increases. In comparison pensioners annuity annual payment increases are derisory. A really bad investment, as on death original lump sum stays with the company. this is legalised robbery and Prudential stopped the chancellor from allowing policy holders to sell annuities on the secondary market to claw a lump some cash back.."
"Good friend of mine had a daughter that paid into an annuity scheme For seventeen years until the company closed down. The daughter passed away and the mother was written to and told about the scheme and that she might get money. After answering all of there questions Told nothing to come back. They say the trustees did not secure death and defered contributions. Complete waste of time scam better off going to bookies or spend hard earned wages on family or in the pub."
"Absolutely the worst experience I have had. 2 claims lodged. Unless you contact them it takes over 7 days to receive a letter to advise you have not returned a document that they did not send with their correspondence. Misquoted timescales and assurances. Whilst they have good customer service, they need to be singing from the same hymn sheet, nothing is coordinated and they have made mistake after mistake. I would definitely not recommend taking any sort of policy out with this company."
"When my husband was in his early twenties he took out a life insurance policy with Prudential which he thought was linked with his Pension. The contributions went out together each month. He was sold this by a salesperson who on a number of occasions tried to get us to cash in a range of policies. After 25 years of paying contributions monthly he has just found out that he now aged 53 has no life cover. Beware Prudential and what you think you are signing up to."
"Absolute scum. Tried to draw down on my pension and got totally sidelined for 2.5 hours on the phone. They are going to tax me , even though I am allowed 25% tax free. But still can get my money as somebody has to talk to me in 6 days time 'to discuss' this request with me. It is my f*cking money, not theirs. (I am 58 and entitled to take my money out). Do not take any form of pension out with these criminals"
"Had problems with previous insurers getting cover very near to river rib"
"Helpful and friendly"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
"Good price for the cover provided, no issues, will definitely consider when renewing."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
"I have used this company before and always they was good if you have to make a claim"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"This policy is quite easy to read and understand. There are some features which do not exist with other policies at anything like the same cost e.g. underground drainage pipes and sewers serving my house. So ,I am very pleased."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"Very happy"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"Worked my way through the application form and despite 2 correct attempts inputting the required I for into the security box - eg jklb6c - (to confirm that I was a real person) I was unable to move forward. Very frustrating and time consuming."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
"Had leak in roof on a Bank Holiday Monday late evening after arrival back from holiday. Rang company & they promised to sort it. Plumber sent that evening & sorted problem. Well pleased with service."
clear_communications
easy_to_buy
providing_your_documents
"Happy with the company and price paid."
Prudential is rated 2.92 based on 24 reviews