Privilege Reviews

79% of reviewers recommend Privilege
05AM
5AM

Tell us how Privilege made you happy

Telephone
"I have had so many insurance provided, but the worst one is PRIVILEGE, I got my car hit by someone behind me and my insurance company states that because the other person insurance company said I was slowing turn when turning and also indicated left instead of right that is why they hit me from behind . I thought if you are behind someone you are supposed to slow down and know the intentions of the person before making a move. I am so disappointed, angry, frustrated, stress, furious and sad. How can my own insurance company who are supposed to defend me, give me irrelevant excuses why I have to part 50;50 with someone who hits me from behind. You don't deserve to call your self an insurance company. They now told me they will give me £50 for delaying my claims. What I am doing with £50. You pay so much money but when the reality sets in then they are giving you excuses. I will go as far as it can take to make sure justice is done. YOU DON'T DESERVE ANY STARS."
Are you Privilege? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Privilege receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"If there were no stars that's what this so called company would get.....I'm in the process of claiming which has been ongoing for 2 months.....no updates are given and nothing is proceeding unless I call them which I do relentlessly....call handlers have NO idea about claims and I keep getting told the same old information...I have photos, video and an independent witness stating I was not to blame Which they have but still they are dragging their heels in giving me my excess back...will never use this company again....absolutely appalling....DO NOT USE THEM!!!!!!!"
"Cancelled my insurance without adequate prior investigation. I received an email to tell me my insurance had been cancelled A WHOLE WEEK PRIOR meaning I'd been driving uninsured for a week. They say they'd sent a letter prior to the cancellation which I dont feel is sufficient. When I challenged as to why they did chase up with an email or call they said they don't makes calls or emails which is just rediculous and un true. Then to make things worse they said they can reinsure me immediately but the new quote was 350quid more than the original which I paid in full only 2 months ago. So annoyed. Poor customer care."
"Spoke to a lady from complaints department called Sandy. She was trying to be firm with me and was very rude. When we applied for insurance they unusually asked for so many documents such as V5, drivers license, dvla codes. For some reason they decided to play with us and gave a deadline after delivering what they requested they still cancelled. Complete waste of time better of somewhere else BELIEVE ME."
"Got fully comp insurance with prvilege/trinity , my car was stolen / robbed from me at home and was threatened with weapons. Cars was 9 wks old bought for 38,, 000 only want to pay 26,000 but haven't got it yet as it's just paperwork and excuses. And no car not even a courtesy car as it not in garage being repaired never again with these fly by nights"
"Failed to pay out a claim, to provide a copy of the policy or schedule (despite repeated requests), to return phone calls or to respond to emails - on-going over several years. Utterly useless. I strongly recommend that you avoid them. By far the worst insurance (of any kind) experience I've had."
"I was involved in a car accident in August this year and now in October the insurance are not even close to doing anything about the claim but are trying there best to delay it. Worst customer service ever and very bad mannered call centres in India"
"The claim department assistants do not know what to do, or they do not have the necessary information to provide a good service. First I ve got a wrong phone number to interesting about my claim, than they did not send my details to the car collection company. Third, when I asked them about it, they said they sent it again but its never arrived. I spent hours on the phone. Miss information,administrative mistakes and communication barrier between the parties. I am not sure the assistants know when and who to call, if they need to do it."
"Incompetent claim staff lied to on numerous occasions information missing horrendous experience never ever again will I insure with privilege"
"Terrible, totally heartbroken how I have been treated there as to be something done about there claim handlers avoid at all cost , taking issue to court spend hundreads on phone calls worse customer service I have ever had.."
"I would not have given a 5 star for this company after my inital experience when I sopke to another customer services rep. I informed her that my wife is training to be an ADI - driving instructor and the specialist insurance company is requesting confirmation via letter of no claims during the period of our stay with Privilege and confirmation of No Claims Bonus. Rather than getting this I received a standard letter after 7 days stating that ".....you do not wish to renew your policy........." I clearly did not ask for this but what I stated above. I was clearly ready to have a fight over the telephone but got this very lovely A star Rep on the phone 'Sinead' who was empathetic, understanding and very efficient as she wrote a letter straight away over the telephone and read back to me. I asked if this could be emailed to us as we have been waiting but due to your company policy she could not do this which I understand. However she went over and above to help and did state that the same could be confirmed to the specialist company which they rang them. This is brilliant customer service from a brilliant staff member. If I come back to Privilege it would be due to the customer service experience I received from this staff member and the previous staff member should learn from her as she would have clearly discouraged me to ever come back to you. Thank you Sinead for your help today and for your great customer service. Well done. Mohammed Anis"
"Hi had some problems getting the information they needed I could not fined the information they needed Which was on line I am not good with computers and only a phone to Google The lady at privilege talked me thew the problem is found the information they needed This was such a great help The lady was well mannered very helpful and had time to help I think very professional and credit to the company"
"I have never had to make a claim before but it was surprisingly straightforward,they were most helpful and friendly. I submitted a quote and it was done and dusted in no time.job's a gud'n."
(Home Insurance) - Posted 5 months ago
"nice and simple"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 5 months ago
"This is a message to the staff at Privilege car insurance This message is to Sam Wallace and manager Clare I have spoken to somebody's the other day and she helped me out with my bills and understood my problems I would want Sam Wallace to be a manager One Day by customers recommendation because of Sam Wallace Privilege car insurance will be doing better and better in life and Sam Wallace deserves the best place at Privilege car insurance. Also manager Clare thank you very much for your help Thank you A Karim"
"Everything from day 1 went wrong. I had to wait 3 weeks and make repeated phone calls to find out when my car was going to be repaired for a non fault accident. I finally got a date and then they cocked up on the vehicle. I drive an auto they hadn’t authorised it and I was given a manual. This then had to be changed after 3 more lengthy phone calls. Then they didn’t authorise the hire car for enough days and they had to keep calling me to call them. The customer service is appalling and I ended up spending £25 on phone calls to get things sorted out and resolved. Use them at your risk. Avoid avoid avoid is my advice"
"I telephoned to explain I did not need my insurance renewing & requested that no monies be taken from my credit card on the automatic renewal, they were so unhelpful, said I had to write in & this I did. unfortunately they still took the money! what a hassle, now having to open a dispute with credit card company to get the money back. I would not recommend privilege at all, so angry!"
"Very good im so happy"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 5 months ago
"Did not recognise faultless insurance history earned abroad. Could not find any info upfront on this. Cancelled the contract. Will NEVER use them again"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 5 months ago
"They wasnt interested about my claim all i got was you could lose your no claims even after it was a car that run in my house and my car was on the drive i was deversated on the servive i recieved and it was going to take them 3 weeks befor they could get my car to a garage and sort me with a curtese car so i found my own gsrage and sorted it my self i will not be renewing with them"
Privilege is rated 4.04 based on 494 reviews