Privilege Reviews

83% of reviewers recommend Privilege

How would you rate Privilege?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

433 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Stephen
Cheapest to insure my car on the nett.

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Privilege in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Cheapest to insure my car on the nett."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 11 hours ago
"Online portal doesn't display much information. They auto renew your policy unless you call them & instruct them not to. There is no opt out online or when you initially purchase."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 days ago
"They were ok. The usual, you know. Pay them and they cover you. It wasn’t until I got my renew that is give them a bad review... so to show their appreciation for my custom they doubled my price. Thanks!"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 6 days ago
"I've been with Privilege for 10 years and 3 cars, I haven't claimed a penny from them. I changed my car recently to a newer one (same class, nothing luxury or unusual), and amended my policy to cover this car instead of the previous one. The increase of premium was acceptable but the premium wasn't so attractive any more. I paid it having no time to shop on the marked. But 3 months later I received a renewal 45% higher!!! I called them but - obviously - they didn't have any other explanation than "you bought a newer, more expensive car". Well, it happened 3 times in the past with me always replacing previous car with newer, more expensive one and my premium never blew up. And I always thought newer cars were SAFER, but maybe it is just me. Obviously it was "good buy" to the Privilege and my new insurance - with very highly rated insurer - is 2.2 TIMES cheaper. This is definitely not a relation to a suppplier of services you expect after 10 years of no-claims history. Sorry, Privilege, I'm massively disappointed..."
"It was easy and straight forward to understand what I was getting"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"Excellent service throughout the process"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 weeks ago
"unless you want to spend hours dealing with India dont ever consider using privilege. An awful experience!"
"AVOID AT ALL COSTS!"
"Do not use this company! I was involved in a no fault claim 8 weeks ago, my car was repaired by a garage they chose, and what has down valued the car is not the accident but the terrible repair. I am currently starting a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman as 8 weeks later this is not resolved. If I was offered free car insurance for the rest of my life with Privilege I would NOT accept."
"Fantastic service every time, can’t fault them."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Was involved in an accident where I was damaged by flying debris from a collision I was t involved in. I provided all details of the driver at fault but Privilege did nothing to progress my claim and my car remains damaged"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"I was extremely pleased with the service and politeness of the customer service team"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Friendly, efficient providers, intend to renew with this company."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"My partner had insurance with them for his old car. During that time, he never made any claims nor was he at fault for any accidents. In 2016 my partner phoned them to inform them that he was trading in his old car for a new one, and he wanted to discuss quotes. In that conversation, he made it clear that he did not want cover for the old car. Why insure a vehicle you no longer own? He told them that he would phone them back if he wanted to insure the new car with them. Later on, he decided to insure the new car with a different organisation. Fast forward a year later. My partner received a letter from them about his 'current' insurance on the car that he had traded in. He'd paid insurance for a year for the old car that he no longer owned. He promptly phoned them to receive compensation, and they said it would be dealt with as soon as they had forwarded the matter to their accounting department. Nothing was done. After having phoned them 4-5 times, they finally told him that they would not be giving him his money back as he did not explicitly say that he wanted to cancel the policy on the car that he traded in. He asked to hear a recording of the call that he made in 2016. After hearing this recording, he has decided to call the ombudsman for advice, as he personally feels that his intention to cancel the policy was made clear by the fact that 1: He was trading in the car and 2: He declined the offer to continue the cover on the car. Ultimately, it simply isn't fair to pay insurance for a car that you have sold/traded in. We are now left with two options: Make a formal complaint or go to the smalls claims court if all else fails. My best advice: Do not take insurance with them. It is clearly evident that they do not care about their customers. All they care about is money, and they will go through whatever tiny loopholes they can to avoid giving you a single penny."
"Do not buy insurance with these people"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Privilege car insurance was sourced by me for my daughter after she had a few ripoff quotes from other providers I put her on to privilege. My daughter was very impressed with Privilege and their quote."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"I don't know what they are as a company yet not made claim"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Good car insurance co. Always help, good prices, good service, I told my all friends car insurance this co,"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"I had a claim on my house ins policy following a flood from my dishwasher. Claim was dealt with in an efficient manner. Can't fault privilege in any way. Excellent company in a crisis"
"I'm quite happy with them so far, I didn't have any claims though. If they don't increase the price, I am happy to stay with them."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago