Principal Insurance Limited Reviews

marketing@principalinsurance.co.uk

Principal Insurance
Citygate 2, Cross Street

Tell us how Principal Insurance Limited made you happy

"Happy customer good price and easy access to your docs"
"Fast and easy but cancelled insurance as ncb were out of date, charged a cancellation fee when it was just outside of the month. All documentation was sent in the time require but wasn't checked until a good 2wks later!!"
"A quick and hastle free experience with very pleasant and helpful staff cannot fault the service."
"Just insured with principle finding it very difficult to get in touch with them over validation of my policy I have insured early before my old policy ran out it states policy will be invalid if you don’t have proof of no claims bonus within 14 days in my case my old policy does not expire for 20 days I have tried to phone on hold all the time I have e-mailed twice got no answer not impressed at this moment!"
"What an headache to deal with the only insurance company to ask for both sides of your driving licence when you ask why they need it they say for your address when this is clearly marked on your proof of no claims discount they also want they also dont stop there they also want you to get a code from dvla so they can check your license with them as well this is the only company this year to ask me for all this and I have several insurances they are also only been going for six years so are very new this is what they told me when I ask how long they had been trading my personal opinion is to go with someone else I hope this help others"
"Very friendly and professional staff. A realistically priced policy and tailored to my specific needs. Most deginitely recommend them as a broker."
"Excellent service"
"My renewal was £60 more than a new quote and when I took out the new quote it’s asking me to validate even though i am a existing customer and I think this is poor customer relations."
"excellent service"
"I was disappointed with the attitude of the customer service agent I spoke to, her demeanour was combative. Also the wait on the phone was exceptionally long. I got an email saying my policy would be cancelled before my existing policy provider had chance to process my proof of no claims bonus."
"Good service . Good price and clear instructions"
"Straight forward, easy to use web site, tells you what you get for your money, nothing hidden , 👍🏻"
"Verry good"
"I've had 2 policies with them and with the first policy, about one year, I have never had issues. When I needed to do the second one, I spent about 30 min on the phone waiting and another 20min talking with a very stressed gentleman. I felt that I should ask less questions on the phone in order to buy a policy as the gentleman was getting very impatience. As well you don't get your paperwork straight away. So it is not convenient if you buy a car as you wouldn't have a confirmation if you are insured or not to drive back home. When i needed to cancel the policy, the following day, was no way I could get hold of anyone on the phone even after 40min. I sent an email and received an automatic email back. After a week still nothing. I have tried again with a 20 min waiting call and still nothing. Sent them another email to sales and customer service dept. Still nothing. On their website they encourage you to chat online and even showing a pic what button to press to start chatting. However that's not available on all browsers. The following day i was determined to call and wait more on the phone. Luckily someone answered after approx 15 min. The gentleman that answer said that I cannot cancel my policy sending an email. When I asked why someone is not answering on the phone then?... i had no answer back. They were fair on refunding. But to get to speak with someone it is a real adventure and time consuming."
Thank you for your honest review Florin. First of all we apologise about the delay in getting back to you, we have been experiencing difficulties accessing our review sites. We deeply apologise about the negative experience you have received that led you to leave a 3-Star review. We are usually known for our great customer service and attention to detail but understand our reputation is not something we can hide behind. We hope your opinion improves of us over time.
"Excellent service on the telephone, good quotation and follow up okay. The only thing that didn't work was the validation portal. This needs improving. But easier to email documents."
"Good friendly staff,only issue is tyecwaiting time when you phone them, could do with improving this."
"Excellent 10/10"
"No hassle, documents delivered by email will use again,however ,next time I will pay in full has having problems with close brothers who do the finance for them"
"Good price helpful staff documents arrived via email very efficiently without problems up to press very satisfied"
Principal Insurance Limited is rated 4.15 based on 299 reviews