Principal Insurance Limited Reviews

58% of reviewers recommend Principal Insurance Limited

CustomerService@principalinsurance.co.uk

How would you rate Principal Insurance Limited ?

"Very helpful in getting insurance"
Thanks, Philip for taking the time to leave such a great review!
"Very happy with this insurance as it was the cheapest I found and great support if needed."
Thanks, Lucy! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and are glad to hear we got you sorted
"they were very quick in calling me and very polite gave me some other options and very freinley they set up my insurance and a lot cheaper than the one i had used for 3 years paper work and certifiaite was with me with in 30mins thank you very much principal keep up the good work graham"
Thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review, Graham! It's made our day reading it, this is exactly what we aim for!
"Simple service .great customer service And also a great quote ."
Thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! We really appreciate your business
"Bunch of unprofessional people..I never encountered any insurance broker like them in past 12 years...now taking my complaint to financial ombudsman..."
Hi Hafiz, thanks for your honest feedback. A manager has attempted to contact you regarding the matter but is unable to successfully reach you. They will continue trying on the mobile number you have previously provided.
"The offer was better than others when I was shopping around. Unfortunately they tried to take the first payment (after the deposit was taken and insurance started) just in 5 days. There was no money on account and it led to £30 fee from Close Brothers Finance and £8 from my bank for the refused direct debit. It made this insurance less competitive. The worst thing is - just 14 days later I received the payment plan with first payment backdated."
Hi Oskars, thanks for your honest feedback. We understand your frustrations, however, when opting to pay through a loan agreement, the terms and conditions are explained to you over the phone by the Sales agent of which you have to agree with before continuing with the purchase. Please note when purchasing a van insurance policy, the first instalment is always taken nine days after (not five as you have stated), this is instructed by the loan agreement company; Close Brothers Premium Finance in line with their conditions.

We are unsure of what you mean regarding the backdated first payment, please respond to the private message we have sent and we can look into this further.
"The chap on the phone couldnt have been more helpful, checking and double checking the disclosure of my criminal conviction, and most firms wont even insure with a conviction even though non motoring. Will not give 5 star as you only know how good a company is when you need to claim"
Thanks so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us
"after driving for over 35 years this was the worse company to tray and get insurance"
Thanks for your honest feedback, we are sorry to hear of your disappointing experience and would like to gain a clearer understanding of what has happened which led you to leave such a negative review. Please kindly reply to our private message
"Price and customer service."
We appreciate the time you have taken to leave a great review, thanks very much!
"Unbelievable service from vikky she guided me through all the various parts of the bike insurance. And helped me choose the right policy. Highly recommended company you can't go wrong. Give them a go"
Thanks for such positive feedback! Our dedicated staff will be pleased to learn of your high praise. They work extremely hard to provide a high standard of customer service and your review will provide great encouragement!
"Absolutely misleading. They increased my charges on the basis that my no claims bonus was for a car not a van which made no difference with other insurers. Utterly appalled with their customer service too."
Thank you for your honest feedback, we would like to apologise for the negative experience you have received and can see you have also provided the same feedback on a separate review site. We would be grateful if you could reply to our private messages so we can investigate the matter further
"Ater having insurance for 2 weeks I was called and told I wasnt covered as my points that were off my licence are stuill valid to Principal insurance- no debate and charged £57 for 2 weeks insurance for a 1980s 250 mcycle.Daylight robbery keep away from these fools.Waited 11 mins to complain but hung up as rigamortice was setting in."
Hi Gary, thanks for your honest feedback, we really appreciate it. We are disappointed to hear of your recent experience and would like to learn more about the situation. Please can you respond to our private message with confirmation of your personal details
Updated 19/06 - Hi Gary, we are yet to receive a reply by private message. We are really keen to investigate the matter, please reply with confirmation of your personal details so we are able to investigate further
"Polite telephone service. Hopefully I will never need to review the overall service after making a claim."
Thanks for the great review!
"The price was fair and fairly easy to do"
Thanks Christopher! Appreciate the great review, glad to hear we got you sorted
"Very pleased with the service and very helpful speaking to the gentleman on the phone."
Thanks for your kind words, we are happy we could help
"sorted easily and quickly"
Thanks for the review! We really appreciate it
"After originally posting negatively about the price being different to that quoted online I was contacted by Principal. They were very apologetic and offered to match the price given online. When I queried their breakdown cover as an addition it was much cheaper than what I'd been looking at so finally managed to get a good deal on vehicle insurance and breakdown for my motorhome. I was impressed they took the time to respond to my original feedback and came back to me to sort it out."
Thank you for taking the time to leave an updated, positive review. We are glad the matter has now been resolved and really appreciate your business.
"Cheap quote & really helpful over the phone. Would use them again & would recommend to others too."
Thanks very much for your kind words! We are glad we could help
"I got a quote for motorhome insurance from Principal via GoCompare. It seemed competitive. When I went to buy I had to ring them. Waited nearly 10 mins for someone to answer. Having confirmed all the details as per my online application the price was £60 more expensive than that quoted on the Gocompare site. Wasted over an hour! Guy on the phone couldn't even give an explanation. Wouldn't bother with them again and I suggest you don't. Looking at their ratings it's about 50 / 50 between good and poor service."
Thanks for the feedback David, we apologise for the negative experience you have received and would like to learn more about the situation. As you can see from other reviews, we pride ourselves on providing great customer service at a competitive price, so we are really keen to look into this. Please kindly respond to the private message we have sent.
Updated 04/06 - Hi David, we can see from our records that you have now spoken with a manager from the Sales Team and this matter has now been resolved. We appreciate your honest feedback as this has provided an opportunity to investigate certain processes further.

We hope you are happy with the outcome
"Company van insurance sorted, this was the 2nd cheapest quotation we found on the www.net, then I phoned them to discuss the Policy finer details and it was cheaper than the net price. Very pleased & happy days😀"
Thanks very much! Glad we could help
Principal Insurance Limited is rated 3.24 based on 89 reviews