Principal Insurance Limited Reviews

32% of reviewers recommend Principal Insurance Limited

How would you rate Principal Insurance Limited?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

34 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Principal Insurance Limited in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"No enough correspondence. Im forever chasing this company to call me I'm a customer but clearly not a valued customer"
"Provided my bike insurance with no hassle and good price also an excellent customer phone service provided."
"Patient and helpful with some of my questions"
"Just help me get the best quote on multiple bike insurance thank you Jamie the are very polite helpful"
ROBERT TALBOT
Unverified Reviewer
"It was quick and great service"
"You was very helpful and made things easier"
"principal insurance rip you off don't go with them they trap you and after you can't cancel insurance if you want they give you less then half what you pay please please stay away from them"
"avoid!!! rip off merchants. please don't give them any of your time and money"
"James! Many Thanks resolved my problem. Satisfied with the outcome. As a customer, we need a good service and honesty but most staff failed to delivery a simple problem. Principal Insurance keep it up!"
"this is the worst insurance in the UK. They cancelled my van policy is because i have 2 property. 1 i live and 1 for renting out but have access to rental property everyday. my driving licence is currently registered at the rental property and my van insured at my property i lived in. they dont like it, i offered them to change the address but they refused. absolutely wanker, never call to inform and left my van on the road without insurance. nasty people and lied. avoid"
"Please don't insure with principal insurance, I got a very bad experience with him when my van was stolen."
"absolute scam when asked to provide proof of NCD I asked them to ring my old insurance company and confirm over the phone (they said that was fine and would ring me back if any problems) I was then sent threatening letters saying they were going to cancel my policy and then was charged double premium and they refused to refund even when they had proof of my NCD, bad customer service and useless call staff would give 0 stars if had an option."
"Wrote to tell me they were cancelling insurance within 7 days as I had not sent necessary documentation. Documents had been sent 3 months previously. Rang them, they acknowledged letter was sent in error. Won't be renewing the policy with them."
"I would give a zero rating but this wasn't an option hence the 1 rating. Shockingly rude service. Registered online and a rep rang back and immediately started to interrogate me for my personal details without actually introducing herself or explaining. When I queried about the policies, she then decided I wasn't interested and hung up on me!"
"Avoid please ,this company they are scammers please do go with this insurance , they called me after 9 month and canceled my insurance while i was on the road driving left me on the middle of nowhere without insurance or notice , they said we didnt looked at your email, they should have been review by a specialist as they are doing something wrong , gangs ran company washing they money or something"
"Principal accepted my bike insurance and took my money. 14 days later they left me a voice mail saying that my insurance was cancelled with immediate effect because the insurance would not accept that the bike was left in a private car park overnight as opposed to a driveway. They had to leave a message as I was riding at the time! This means I was riding uninsured through no fault of my own. Whilst Principal admitted fault, 2 weeks later I have still not received my refund, nobody on the phone is sure what is going on, the only manager who knows what is happening is apparently never in, and never calls back. Completely useless!"
"I've found them online through gocompare and got fooled by very low rates. Of course they started charging from day 1 on direct debit. After few weeks they requested more documents and information. I did not manage to suppy all the unformaiton (no insurance company asked for such documents ever before). When I didnt manage to produce these my insurance was invalidated and the cancellation fees were higher than a whole year of insurance. If I didnt pay the debt collecting company would be on me... Scam not insurance! Thieves! Go with recognised companies people..."
"Got a debt collection agency letter on behalf of Principal Insurance asking me to pay £672 for a 2016/ 2017 motorcycle insurance without any previous contact with me about this matter. What makes this even more bizarre, is the fact that the bike insurance was bought with Devitt and the premium paid in full (£306). Have sent all the proof I have to the debt collection agency. Contacted Principal about this and so far no reply from them. Beware, rip-off merchants and clowns!"
Unsatisified Customer
Unverified Reviewer
"Worse company ever to insure your bike with. Had to pay an excess due to their computer not updating their system. When I phoned to complain James Purrett the Manager used the scenario of "if I walked into Currys and took a computer without paying for it...". AVOID this company."
"they where fantastic with me"
Principal Insurance Limited is rated 2.24 based on 34 reviews