Premium Choice Reviews

23% of reviewers recommend Premium Choice
Telephone, Live Chat, Email

How would you rate Premium Choice ?

"ridiculous!!!!!!!! I had to go with them as i'd had two claims in a year which were unfortunate circumstances and neither of them were my fault! I changed my car from a RENAULT MEGANE GT LINE 1.6 which is a sport version of the vehicle which was already costing me 238 pounds a month to a 1 litre Punto and was charged an EXTRA 208 pounds making me payments 260+ pounds a month! ANDDDD to cancel said i owed them 900 pound and i could find the insurance almost half other places for the same vehicle and cover!! To say i am unhappy is an under statement! And there reason for it was it was a petrol not a diesal as i work in the car industry this is just mental! Preying on vunerable people who have no choice!"
"If i could give them 0 stars i would. What an absolute mess of a company! (if you can call it that) Awful prices, disgusting customer services, 1 hour phone waiting times and they will add extra charges on anything, ANYTHING! Horrible bunch of people and cant wait to leave!"
"Absolutely awful service, only people that ever answer are the quotes department and still have the cheek to charge ridiculous rates. 1/10 would not recommend"
"Everything is wrong!! DO NOT USE THEM!! Excess fee 3000£ and if you want to fix your car you still have to pay 500£!!! They are useless!!! You have to pay for everything even if you have insurance with them and they use XS INSURANCE !! Big scam!!!!"
Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to read that you are unsatisfied and I would like the opportunity to look into this for you.

Please email me using socialmedia@premiumchoice.co.uk with your contact details and I will get in touch.

Customer Relations Department
"Dreadful company tried on three phones for three days no reply service is shocking"
Hi Louisa,

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to read that you are unhappy.

If you have any outstanding queries please get in touch using socialmedia@premiumchoice.co.uk and I will be happy to help you in any way that I can. Please include your contact details so I can find your policy.

Customer Relations Department
"I couldn’t be happier with the service I’d received."
Thank you for your review.

It's great to know that you are satisfied with the service you have received and we thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review.

If there is anything further we can help you with please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Customer Relations Department
"Please, please, please, if you are reading this do NOT use this company. Wait times are horrendous at any time of day, and you cannot get through after 17:30. £50 plus admin fees which you are not told about on the initial call. I was away on holiday when they phoned my dad to say I hadn't declared that he had points from just under 3 years ago (we both forgot after so long) and asked for £80 extra plus a £50 admin fee. My dad advised I am on holiday so will discuss this when I return in a few days- he was told 'well he won't be insured if he has an accident'. I also received a very threatening and accusations letter threatening to cancel my policy- all over three points on my named drivers policy which we both immediately owned up to, saying it was just an honest mistake. I made a complaint- staff in all depts become very rude and confrontational if you mention a complaint- believe I spoke to a "Bonika" in the complaints dept who was particularly condescending. I ended getting the ombudsmen involved who ruled in my favour- the company refuted this and for reasons never made clear to me my case was dismissed. If nothing else I learned a lesson- please do not insure with this circus, even if it means paying more."
Thank you for your review.

I'm sorry to read that you are not happy with the service that you have received.

We are always looking at ways we can improve, even when the Financial Ombudsman Service makes a decision in our favour.

Your feedback is appreciated - if there is anything further we can help you with please get in touch.

Customer Relations Department
"EXTREMELY HAPPY WITH THE PROFESSIONAL AND EFFICIENT SERVICE AND VERY COMPETITIVE PRICES"
Hi Rahim,

It’s great to see that we could help you. Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review.

If there is anything further we can help you with please get in touch.

Customer Relations Department
"I rang premier choice to purchase a policy as it was the cheapest on compare the market. Each time they cut me off. I called 7 times. I was left hanging or cut off or excuses were made e.g. Computer down. After wasting my whole afternoon I called Hastings direct and paid straightwa. It was hard to purchase and pay even . Finally they said they willl call me but never did"
"rang to ask about a claim as my window screen had cracked and was immediately put through to a 3rd party window screen repair company. No explanation of what was happening, and no time to speak! Guy on the phone had no customer service skills, wanted to get rid of me as quick as possible!"
Thank you for your review.

Our aim is to offer a first class level of service at all times.

If you can email me using socialmedia@premiumchoice.co.uk with your contact details I will look into this and see what happened.

Customer Relations Department
"I would if I could have 0 starts but unfortunately the system won’t allow it! Avoid at all costs. This company are bandits, they have absolutely appalling customer service, hurling abuse down the phone to my son. This is being taken up with the ombudsman and trading standards. PLEASE DO NOT USE!!!!"
Thank you for your review.

I would like to look into this for you and understand what the issues are.

Please email me using socialmedia@premiumchoice.co.uk with your contact details and I will be in touch.

Customer Relations Department
"DO NOT GO WITH THESE. Wish I read the reviews, they’ve requested documentation providing driving license summary’s... All were sent immediately... Next thing you know, my insurance was cancelled. £427.89 was taken from me plus £200 fee and extra £84.68 admin fee?? Nearly £1000 to have my car on the for less than 30 days. Absolutely gutted."
Thank you for your review.

I would like the opportunity to look into this further for you to understand more about what's happened and the amounts you say you have been charged.

Customer Relations Department
"I have tried three days to get hold of my insurance company! Eventually send an e mail which they responded to two days later stating that they will call me within two hours. Needless to say that mail was end on Monday, 25 June 2018 17:47! It is now 09.10 on 2 July! Be Aware - you cannot deal with a company like this and the FCA and PRA should take note and action as this is not acceptable!"
Hi Willem,

Thank you for your review. I would like the opportunity to look into this further for you. If you would like me to do this, please email me using socialmedia@premiumchoice.co.uk with your contact details.

Customer Relations Department
"Avoid at all costs. I had to send my proof of no claims in 4 times after recieving numerous letters threatening to cancel my policy. When there was an issue with my policy I had to phone up and sit on hold for 20 minutes to be told she couldn't deal with it and I had to sit on hold again. I said this wasn't acceptable and she said she would call me back. She never did. I sent 2 emails explaining why someone needs to call me back rather than me keep sitting on hold, costing me a fortune on my phone bill and wasting literally hours of my own time. No reply. I gave in and called again, unfortunately I was on hold for 30 minutes that time. When I raised the issue of the last person not phoning me back I was reassured she did and she left me a voicemail. I did not receive this which concerns me that either she lied on the system and just put that she called me when she didn't, or she called the wrong number and left my information on their voicemail. It also upsets me that I was not believed when I made a point of saying I didn't receive that call. When he resolved the issue with my policy, I asked to speak to someone to make a complaint. He said someone would call me back that day before 5pm. I did not receive that call until the next day, which beacause I was working, all I got was a voicemail, saying yet again that she did call me back when she didn't, and saying to call up again to make a complaint. With the waiting times, I was not prepared to do that. So unfortunately you have won and I have not been able to make a complaint where I would have demanded some compensation for the stress, time and phone bill for the customer service that has been absolutely shocking from start to finish. To top it off, there is no "cooling off period" at the start of the policy, it is just a cancellation fee. I have never had issues with any other insurer like this, as soon as my policy had ended I definitely will not be redoing it, and absolutely would reccomended people to stay well clear."
Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your review. I would like the opportunity to look into this further for you. If you would like me to do this, please email me using feedback@a-choice.co.uk with your contact details.

Customer Relations Department
"Happy with the service Guy on the phone was helpfull Would recommend"
Hi Ryan,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know you were happy with our service. We really appreciate your feedback.

Customer Relations Department
"The price of the insurance was excellent. The staff were very nice and polite. Bad bit is the waiting time and expensive phone call. And the options are to restrictive and didn’t match what I wanted them for"
Thank you for your review.

If you would like me to look into anything in more detail for you please email me using socialmedia@premiumchoice.co.uk with your contact details.

Customer Relations Department
"Lacking customer service and 30+ minute hold times no matter when you call. There were difficulties in verifying the documents for an additional driver on my account which led to them being removed and additional charges being placed on my account. After sending multiple emails trying to resolve the issue I was ignored and passed to a debt collection firm. Update: After further contact with Premium Choice and having explained my situation to John, my account has been withdrawn from the debt collection firm and the fact that better communication by both parties would've prevented this has been recognised."
Hi Rob,

Thank you for taking the time to update your review.

If there is anything further I can help you with please contact me.

Customer Relations Department
"Terrible company ! Cancelled my policy as they had “not revived my documents” yet showed them proof of the email and claimed that I sent it to the wrong email..after they had been proved wrong they tried saying I had to pay another deposit hahaha! Joke of a company just a bunch of mongs behind a computer end of."
"After previously being with 'Premium Choice' I decided to renew, due to them not being able to take payment despite carrying on the policy and never having this issue, they cancelled it. They informed me by letter which I did not receive, then via email saying they had cancelled the policy. I rang 'Premium Choice' up to resolve the issue to which the employee said he couldn't continue with the policy and that if they had my phone number (which they did) they would have rang me. After being quoted £1000 more than my previous policy, I kindly declined. I then went on to purchase a policy through 'A Choice', a new provider... or so I thought. I took out the policy and after a few days I received an email saying they were cancelling the new policy I had just put a deposit down for with no reason why. I contacted 'A Choice' to find out that they were the same company and due to my previous policy with 'Premium Choice' being cancelled they would be cancelling this policy too? After speaking to a employee on the phone for two hours over two days I was told that they would be cancelling my policy and charging me £130 ('luckily' the £99 that I gave them covered most of this so I only had to give them £31 for their 'Admin Fee'). After being told they were cancelling my policy I decided to ask what this would mean for future insurance policies. To which she replied "just don't say you're insurance has been previously cancelled", training at its finest. Do not trust these people, how they sleep at night is beyond me. Absolutely disgusting."
Thank you for your review.

I would like the opportunity to look into this further for you and get more details. If you would like me to do this, please email me using feedback@a-choice.co.uk with your contact details.

Customer Relations Department
"I took out insurance with Premium Choice for 2 years as it was cheap. I received no documentation and no correspondence in the first year besides an email to tell me my renewal is due. I renewed and then later purchased a different car and asked to transfer my insurance over. The rate offered was nearly double my existing rate. Reluctantly I accepted but cancelled within the 2 week cooling off period and found a number of deals half the price. However, they continued to charge me for 3 months after. I contacted my bank to have the money refunded and told Premium Choice this was completed. The bank also contacted them to tell them this. Fast forward 3 months and I receive an email and letter from a debt collection company saying I owe Premium Choice money! They didn't make any effort contacting me to discuss this, instead passing over to a debt collection company threatening to take me to court. DO NOT TOUCH!"
Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with all aspects of the service you have received. If you would like me to look into this further for you please email me using feedback@a-choice.co.uk with your contact details.

Premium Choice is rated 1.97 based on 86 reviews